June 25th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 06/25/09

Tonight on 360°, remembering the King of Pop. Family, friends and fans are shocked by the death of Michael Jackson. He collapsed at his home in Los Angeles, about noon Pacific time, suffering cardiac arrest, according to his brother Randy Jackson. He died at UCLA Medical Center. Michael Jackson was 50.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
soundoff (1,542 Responses)
  1. Zoe Meisner

I really love Michael Jackson and it is hard to just watch and know that he's not with us anymore. I am not part of his family but I am a huge fan and I know there's got to be something I can do.

2. Christine

May peace be Farah and Michael's xoxoxo

3. roxy

It is a great loss, he had so much more to give us. He have more generations following him than any other. He was the greatest entertainer of all times, he was born to be king, THE KING OF POP!

4. tyra

Even with all the media reports, I am unbelievably in shock about Michael Jackson's death. My sympathies are extended to his children, parents, siblings and other family members. As much as I have enjoyed his music and viewing his life from a distance, I cannot imagine how this enormous lost is effecting those closest to him.

5. Greg Lloyd

Michael means more to music then music could ever mean to us. We watched and judged Michael because we couldn't understand anything but the music he made. The lyrics of a song is rarely straight forward, instead it is combination of parables. His reflection of life was that of a troubled soul. I hope his soul is at rest now, and i hope we will understand him better then we ever did.

6. Rachelle Beverly-Navy

I had the pleasure of seeing him live.
    He sung "She's Out Of My Life" at the Bulls Stadium in Chicago.
    For a moment all eighty thousand of us were one with him.
    We could feel each other's heart beat and hear each others breath.
    It was truly spiritual. I have never experienced anything like it before or after that. I will never ever forget it.
    It wasn't until then that I knew his power.
    My prayers go out to everyone who loves him. Peace.

7. Mike

Michael Jackson the Epitome of Music

8. Mark

This is very sad, to see this all over the world right now and see all the reactions, i was never a big fan a MJ but liked a few songs

it is 12:50 in the morning here and i am just awack to watch the news , this is a sad day , a sad year ....Rip Dude!!!

Miramichi, NB, Canada

9. TJ

I admire Your talent from childhood till up to date you gave us music dance, we are the world for the black race God Be with Jackson Family.With This Great Lost But MJ We miss you.But How Great Is our God you know more Then we all.Thank You For Gives Us MJ Now He Returne Back to you .Great Rock of Ages,MJ R.I.P

10. Emaan Arshad

Its unbelievable that hes actually gone. He was a god of music and will always be. Love him

11. Hillard

My sister and I are devastated. Our childhood was listening to Michael and The Jacksons. It was a happy time of love and music. That is what he should be remembered for. His gifts that he shared with us that made the world dance and sing along. He touched and inspired the world, not many people can do that. MJ always.

12. Cheryl

Wow...it's a long night here in Georgia...this is really sad...he was so lonely and unhappy...he defintely was genius with his music career...he is a legend!!

13. Nattada, Houston TX

My preyers are also go to Farrah Fawcett, and her family and friends. May she also rest in peace. She will be remembered as a beautiful and strong woman.

14. Abel

In memory of Michael Jackson, perhaps the best way to remember him is through the all unifying song he co-authored, "We are the World." Whether we are white, black or anything, we are the people who can make the difference in other people's lives.

15. Juanita and Whitney Delbridge

Dear Michael,
    We never have up on you. After your trail we danced in the streets and in our driveway, We opened all the car doors and turn the speakers up as loud as they could go and dance for one straight hour as a tribute to your music. Guilty or not at the time was not the concern, all we wanted to do was to celebrate your greatness, This will be a day that will stay etched in our hearts forever. As one person stated today, It felt like the day JFK died. I don/t know exactly where to rank it but just like JFK and MLK and the day BO made president I will never forget where I was or what I was doing or who I was with, when I heard the news and my phone began to ring off the hook, Michael we will never forget you. I promise.

16. Jeff (Milwaukee Wi)

At first I was surprised at how Michaels death seem to have touched the hearts of America. Every where I go people are talking about it. It seems to me that he represents something very deep on our selves. Most of us have something in us that we wish we could change. MIchael lived it. He is the archetype of that base emotion. We can all relate, thus we all moun a litlle.

17. Sheryl

Growing up in the 70's, Michael Jackson was a hearth throb to me and every other girl I knew. We had his posters, wrote him love letters and longed to see him live. The kids, aged 9, cried today upon hearing of his death. Just this past Saturday, my daughter showed us her dance version of the Thriller dance. Talk about transcending generations and an international icon. Michael Jackson was it! Rest in peace, Michael. God bless.

18. Brandon Lee

All i wanna know is why. MJ was the best and greatest ever he will always be in our heart RIP Michael i love you and forever i will love the sound and the things that you have taught me and the world ive gotten everything from you my voice my dance moves and the kinda of love that you brung to the world by your golden rockin voice please if michael can hear me i promise i will rain in all your music forever i love you and there will be a day just to dwell in your name Thank You For listening mike and the CNN crew.

19. Flora

I am deeply saddened by the passing of Michael Jackson. He was THE greatest musician/artist/entertainer or our times. He will truly be missed by millions around the world. He was a beautiful human being – he will never be forgotten. Michael, may you now rest in peace.

20. Aisha

I grow up in African watching Micheal jackson's music videos with my Dad and the rest of my family every week. My dad is a very Micheal Jackson fan, and we will missed him deeply. May his soul rest.

21. Leng , Brunei

RIP MJ.. the king of pop. forever n ever...

22. Susie Sobey

I still cannot believe that Michael Jackson is gone. He was my only idol growing up. I use to watch Billie Jean and Thriller when I was 11, in my livingroom crying because I loved him so much. He will always be loved by me and by many fans. RIP

23. Cinde Lou Delmas

A child prodigy, a gift to 'earthlings' for ever, generations past will appreciate his many creative talents. Personally, I hope parents of children like Michael heed the sad lessons of his fate. Seemingly full swing of life without balance within. I love Michael Jackson! Glad he is out of his pain!

24. Dennise

Michael Jackson was an amazing entertainer with an obvious troubled soul. Those of us that are not inthe celebrity realm can not possibly comprehend what his life must have been like. Maybe he made mistakes, maybe he didn't, in truth who really knows what he has or hasn't done except him. The fact is he gave unmeasurable pleasure to millions of people with his music and dancing and creative performing. Although he has a worldwide fan base that is mourningthe loss of a great entertainer I really hope the world remembers he is also someones son, someones father. My heart goes out to them, Michael Jacksons family.The ones that truly knew him and loved him for what he was. I hope he has now finally found the peace he has spent so many years searching for.

25. Sidney

Those who grew up in the 80's are blessed with being part of a decade of exceptional music industry. Michael was, arguably, the king of that era.
    We will miss him dearly!

26. katie

I can't sleep. Very upsetting. Young and Old he touched the lives of everyone. May he rest in Peace.

27. Marlene

We lost a true musical icon today. What a loss, at a young age. He will always be remembered as The King of Pop. No on will ever come close. Rest in Peace........ In all our thoughts and prayers !

28. Lea Lomagos

I'm deeply saddened... i fell inlove with this man's music and intelligence... it's unfortunate that he died a lonely man... he doesn't deserve it... Manila is stunned....

29. Lionheart

Hi Anderson,
    This is a saddest day of all human history. Jackson was a good man and a good father. He was our 21 century legend bigger than life who we all grew up with. We will all miss him through his music and his goodness.

30. Cherry B - Ms

The coverage of MJ's life and death is truly incredible, but I really feel that more should have been said about Farrah Faucette and her incredible story. A very sad day...

31. starr formerly known as vincent

Thank you Anderson, Erica & team 360 for staying on the blog for 2 hrs. There are blogs from all over the world!

Good night to all fellow bloggers all over the world.

Our thoughts and prayers to Ryan O'neil & their son, as Farrah passed today.

Some bloggers have said this tribut to Michael Jackson istoo much. We disagree, MJ truly touched and changed our lives. As for his flaw, that is NOT what wil be remembered. His legacy is his music, his dance & and his very kind heart to many around the world.

We will mis them both very much.

32. kamal

hello anderson , this is kamal from Erbil (north of iraq ) it is 7am now in iraq , we all wake and watching you , nobody sleep untill now , we are soooo sad about what happen to our king , i just want to say michael he is not belong just to USA , he is belong to whole the world . we love him so much , god bless him

33. Kathy Martinez, CO

The world will remember exactly what they were doing at the time they heard the news of Michael Jackson's death. Such a devastating loss!! Moved me to tears as I know it did for millions, if not billions. I am truly engulfed in grief for his family and all of us. We'll miss you, Michael!!!

34. Jan Baker

Michael... you will be missed.. You are at peace now....I pray for the strength of your family to gather together and raise your children..Jackson's now is the time to stay united. Love you Mike...........

35. jacinda

i cried he was a part of me just like any other super star we adore. He will be missed I just wished he had a life full of joy and not a life of pain..he is free now!

36. OVSANNA

I am deeply saddenend. A magical , great voice , the world lost best of the best. Our prayers with the Jackson family. He was , is and will always be my all time favorit. :0

37. Jamey

I miss him...already!

38. Brick Freeman

Michael Is king, he has change the lives of many africian. for me he is a man that can not come twices. May his soul rest in peace.

39. Chris Bergquist, SLC,UT

I am stunned when it comes to the sudden loss of Michael Jackson. MJ was my idol, my childhood hero/icon. I owned just about everything as far as the glove,t-shirts,sweatshirts and even dolls come. Thriller was and still is the greatest video to ever be made and today, an american legend has lost his life. Rest in Peace MJ. The world loves you!

40. Charmaine

God bless the Jackson family. I send my condolences. RIP MJ. Michael was my first crush. I loved him so much as a kid. My biggest regret is that I'll never get to see him in concert. I was living for the day MJ made a comeback so I could see him perform. He will be truly missed. There will never be another MJ in my lifetime. He was the man! God bless!

June 25, 2009 at 11:51 pm |
  41. Rachel / Texas

A mis-understood GENIUS, a man child who loved the innocence of children and trusted far to many adults, I believe he was truly who he presented himself as, "A peter pan" "pied piper" who is now moonwalking with the angels..RIP Michael, God bless and comfort the family

June 25, 2009 at 11:51 pm |
  42. LaVonda in Arkansas

Born in 1979, I grew up listening to Michael Jacksons songs on the radio and eventually watching the videos on MTV. It is so tragic that this has happened. I can only pray that the Jackson family will find peace in knowing that their child and brother brought happiness to so many. His legend will live on.
    Thank You.

June 25, 2009 at 11:51 pm |
  43. Michelle B.

I first heard about the shocking news while I was at work from co-workers who were talking about Michael Jackson's death. The news of his death didnt really hit me until I was while driving home from work while listening to the radio that the radio stations were playing all his songs. It was only then that my tears started to fall. It was so unreal that its hard to believe that an ICON like Michael Jackson could die and leave this world forever.

My deepest sympathy for the Jackson family.

June 25, 2009 at 11:51 pm |
  44. mariam

It is indeed unbelieveable that MJ is no more. His life, despite his fame and fortune, always seemed troubled to me. I could not imagine the pressure for the little michael of being in the public eye and then the allegations of his later life. He was bred to be famous and knew no other way to live – but that is a lonely, lonely life. He has been vilified, rightly or wrongly, we cant say but one thing is for he had a disturbed life. He leaves his legacy of pop behind him and hopefully we will remember him in all his glory.

June 25, 2009 at 11:51 pm |
  45. Beth

Michael Jackson was used up by the world. He was maligned all his life by one or many. As a fan who appreciated him for the gift he was to the world, it was profoundly heartbreaking to watch. The only good to come of this is that he won’t be hurt anymore. Anderson, you say that you can’t talk about Michael Jackson’s life without talking about the bad parts. Must you? Can’t you give him a break on the evening of his death?

June 25, 2009 at 11:51 pm |
  46. JoAnne

Very sad day..I grew up Loving Michael Jackson's music and watching Farrah Fawcett on Charlie's Angels. With a tragic loss of Ed Mcmahn yesterday, These two days have been filled with sadness. Three wonderful people are gone but not forgotten. They will all be in my family's heart. We will miss you all!!

June 25, 2009 at 11:51 pm |
  47. Dan

Did he record any songs for another album?

June 25, 2009 at 11:51 pm |
  48. Christine

I love the fact that I got to grow up with Loving Michael Jackson. He was an inspiration because he was so different and he was so innocent. I hope some day people unserstand the true real incocent Michael who only wanted love. My prayers go out to the family. Today we lost an amazing man today, a legend, a true sinceere Magic person. I can't stop crying for the loss.

June 25, 2009 at 11:51 pm |
  49. Denise

OMG! Tis too sad! Trinidad and Tobago mourns with you America!

June 25, 2009 at 11:51 pm |
  50. Lystra ~ Originally from Trinidad

I grew up listening to Michael Jackson. I love his music, I love his dance moves and I love his style. I am terribly saddened by the sudden ending of his short life. He has brought happiness to people around the world of many generations and I must say that tragically he has many sadness in his short life. Today, heaven has open its gates for two angels, one the King himself, Mr. Michael Jackson and two, an angel from earth, Ms. Farah Fawcett. Forever in our hearts & may they both rest in peace.

June 25, 2009 at 11:51 pm |