June 25th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 06/25/09

Tonight on 360°, remembering the King of Pop. Family, friends and fans are shocked by the death of Michael Jackson. He collapsed at his home in Los Angeles, about noon Pacific time, suffering cardiac arrest, according to his brother Randy Jackson. He died at UCLA Medical Center. Michael Jackson was 50.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
soundoff (1,542 Responses)
  1. Ken Hamelin

The passing of Michael Jackson is both sad and tragic and I wish my deepest sympathies for the family, but what about Farah Fawcett? I realize that her passing was expected, but she has been forgotten today. She needs to be remembered as well, especially after the fight she put up over the past few months. Let's not forget the passing of Farah.

June 25, 2009 at 11:51 pm |
  2. Milkshake

MJ was a great artist.. He will be missed, his music will be missed! My prayers are with his family!

June 25, 2009 at 11:51 pm |
  3. Charles

Truly a sad day to all. Michael's loss is so sudden, absolutely shocking. He's uniquely amazing in so many ways, and many people enjoy his songs so much! Condolences to his family. RIP Michael!

June 25, 2009 at 11:51 pm |
  4. Ahmed Al-kindy

MY name is Ahmed i come from Oman i remember seen michael jackson when he first came to oman the middle east he is an extremly friendly person with a great talent and voice and i am lucky to get a chance 2 met him but i know personally he is in a better place

5. Mike

Caught the brief but very compelling interview you did with Mr. Brafman tonight on Michael Jackson. Extremely interesting and would like to hear more from Mr. Brafman about his experiences, but we are unsure of how he can accomplish this without impinging on the client relationship he had with the megastar. Again, extremely engaging, very articulate and exacting, which provides amazing focus into the world of the pop legend.

6. nanda

michael is now a new star in the sky. He shines next to mozart!

7. Kenneth

Michael Jackson is a true legend to me. He inspired me to find my true talent... dancing. Michael, you are so special and meaningful me, and the world... You will be missed dearly.

After the tears... "Scream", because you are "Gone Too Soon".

8. Danny Sarceda

I heard the news while I was at work and I never thought it would hit me. On the way home, I couldn't help but think of the impact he's had. Despite everything thats happened later in his life, he has had a huge impact. I feel saddened by this loss..... I can't help but think with the loss of Michael so is the loss of my childhood. The memories will live on.

9. aminata

I'm just shocked I don't even know what to do. Sad and can't cry.I'm originally from Senegal (west africa) and grew up listening and dancing to Michael's music. He was an international icon and Michael, may ALLAH be with you and you will truly be missed.

10. THESHA LEWIS

I will never forget watching MOTOWN 25 with my parents at the tender at of 10. That night was magical!!!! It was fun to see the Jacksons perform together again. I remember the highlight of the night was watching Michael do the "Moon walk". I screamed so loud!!! My dad jumped of the sofa and said, "My Lord, what did he just do"!! I screamed so loud that I didn't have a voice when I went to school the next day. I will never forget how I felt that night and I thank Michael Jackson for giving us "real" music.

11. Sibongile Sambo

When I found out this morning at 2:00AM that Michael Jackson, 'The King of Pop', had passed I was almost in shock. It almost seemed like a dream to me because I guess I never thought of him ever dying. I suppose he created such a great image and has become an icon over the years that we all, in a way, forgot that he was also human, just like the rest of us. He has been a great inspiration and lifted the careers of many. He will never be forgotten and his name has been engraved in the books of our history. A singer, a Dancer, a Legend!

12. Teshome Mulu

The whole world misses Michel Jackson today. He was the greatest in changing the face of music, culture and color. He was an iconic figure of music, culture, fashion and benevolence. America owed much to him. America communicated well with the world through Michel. He created the passion for many to come to America, to be American. He built culture and promoted America more than anyone. He moved billions of people across the globe. I do not think America did good to him as he did to America. People who are going to talk about his greatness now are late. He was left alone for long and lost the attention he deserved.

13. Robin

No matter what his deeds may have been, we was a great entertainer and superstar for the 40ish crowd who grew up with him during the 70's and beyond. God bless his soul and his heart. Maybe now all his internal suffering, turmoil and personal pain will be at peace with God. Let us celebrate and remember his creativity and music not the other stuff.

14. l shuler

I would like to say I am deeply sadden by this news of both Farrah and Michael. God Bless their family and may they both rest in peace. I will always remember this day for a lifetime because two legend are gone.

15. A Fan

The world is grieving with the Jackson family... Michael was never alone, he was, is and always will be loved by his fans ...and now he will live on through us. May God Bless Michael Jackson and watch over his children. He is finally free...we will miss you!

16. Patty S

No one can ever fill the shoes of Michael Jackson an absolute pop legend, growing up watching his videos and listening to his songs definatly makes you feel alot closer to him. Michael will be missed but we are thankful that he left us such great music that we can continue to enjoy and cherish it. R.I.P. Michael Jackson you will forever be remembered!

17. cyril

wow!!!! how is it that i feel micheal is above death!!!! i'm still waiting for someone to call this april fool or something. is he really dead?

18. tangela

Today is a sad day for many people all over the world We're going to miss the King of Pop.. RIP Michael Jackson

19. Michael Stewart

god has the best seat anyone could ask for the 3 kings are performing Elvis, James, and Michael. What a show!!

20. Ricardo

When i heard the news, was shocked. I had to continue to work the rest of the day with that hanging over my head. Now that i am home, the full weight of it has hit me. i loved his music and all of the positive messages he put in them. a true inspiration. i will miss him terribly and i hope his music will live on after my life, is too, over.

21. Laurence Jennings

Some of us get to have fifteen minutes of fame. Others move on to be heads of state. Michael Jackson was fame itself. We will always miss you. Thanks for visiting planet earth, you Michael made it a better place.
    Laurence Jennings, N.Y.

22. Loretta

I grew up listening to Michael as a child. I watched all of his singing on television and had some of his albums. He was 4 years older than me.

I was in the gym working out when I noticed on the television the reading that said Michael Jackson was dead. I was totally shock! ! My heart sank, and I had to stop working out and go home because I was overwhelmed with sadness. Michael will forever be missed! He's definitely an ICON!

23. Elaisha/Puerto Rico

I always wanted to see him live but never had the pleasure.. PuertoRico wiil miss ya.. Our King Of Pop alwayss... Today the world lost and very unique and special person Michael Jackson who broke all the rules and standars when it comes to music..he definately touched and changed a millions of lives..Rest in Peace...

24. susan

I was a teen in the 80's, and a child of the 70's. I mourn icons of my time today.

25. Vik

After moving to Canada from India, my first Christmas present from my parents that I can remember was the "Thriller" audio tape. I can still recall opening it in the emotion of a crazy happy of a 7 year old. It was my first album. Thank you for the memories and prolific music and videos. You are and always will be a legend. May you rest in peace.

26. Rose

I am truly saddened by the death of Michael. He will be sorly missed.
    I have enjoyed his music all of my life. My heart goes out to his children and his family. We lost a great man and a true LEGEND.

27. Tammara

I grew up listening to the Jackson Five and Michael Jackson.I love him as a music Icon and entertainer. I will miss him and his tremendous talent.

28. Jean Pierre

I can honestly say a part of my soul just died. I loved you MJ; And i will always love you. May heaven be fair to you, as we all know this world was not. You gave this world everything you had. on behalf of this imperfect world, we thank you. may your soul be at peace at last. from a dear fan.

29. maggie hoszu

I have been a fan of Micheal Jackson's since I was 9 years old. He was a huge influence on my life and billions of others. He did so much ...There are no words to describe this sad sad day June 25 2009.

30. Jimmy

I have always been a fan of Michael Jackson. I am one of the fans that did not believe the bad things, and believe the good things that he brought to the world. I am very sadened of the death of this Icon of an entertainer. I pray for his children and his family during this tragic event...

31. Deb

"The Final Curtain Call" ... foreshadowing?

Those of us who grew up with Michael Jackson have been indelibly impacted, influenced, and inspired by his music and his message.

Michael, thank you for your contribution to our world ... you will be forever remembered.

32. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Erica, David G, Edurrado (Ed Henry) and my friend twitter/facebook bloggers!!!!!!!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! 😀
    Have a great weekend!!!!!
    See you on Monday night!

Anderson,
    Have a great night, good sleep at home after work!!!! See you on Monday night!!! Have a plenty sleep! 😀

33. Maurice Taylor

I am 41 and born and raised in Detroit. And in Detroit Motown is RELIGION for us! Michael was so dynamic and so special right out of the gate with Jackson 5 and his subsequently solo career! The level of superstardom he reached has only been achieved by Elvis and The Beatles...I feel blessed that I was alive to witness his greatness!

34. Brian

Dear Michael,
    Your voice belongs in heaven.
    May it rain down on all of us as we wish you farewell.

You saw me through the hard times.

RIP, my friend.
    Brian

35. Tammy, Berwick, LA

I grew up listening to Michael Jackson and his siblings sing. Whatever the view of Michael Jackson's issues, there is no doubt he was a musical genius and will be sorely missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, especially his kids.

36. Shannon Guzman

My world will not be the same without Michael Jackson living, breathing, and singing in it. My heart is deeply saddened at the loss of this beautiful human being. I hope that the world, and the media, bring goodness to the memory of his life. Michael Jackson might have been a mega-superstar, but he really was a real, loving, exceptional human being. Shannon Guzman, New Iberia, Louisiana

37. yoshi

today is a day to remmeber the greats popstar may he rest in peace we shall remmeber him and forget his problems in life and what lead him to leave us in this life time...Micheal Jackson always.

38. Thatsuperstar

Sept 18 1979 Farrah Fawcett and Micheal Jackson were both guests on Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, cohosted by ED MCMAHON. Just wanted to share. Just random.

June 25, 2009 at 11:49 pm |
  39. Kim Samuels ( From New Zealand)

Wow I was so shocked and very sad to hear Michael Jackson had passed away ..I can't believe it ..What and amazing man who will always be missed and remembered . My heart goes out to his family and Children XOXOXOX

40. Max Gibbs-Jamaica

Even in death he's my king of pop. He will live on in the hearts of many fans worldwide. My condolences to his family.

41. Prabhakar Govindurajulu

This is the most terrible news to me in recent years. I never felt so sad for any body recently. I hope his soul rest in peace. I prefer to send him with happyness rather than sadness. We Love You Michel.

42. Sheena Thompson

The world seems a lot more empty without him. No one can ever fill his shoesm. He wrote the music of all our lives and he will be missed. I love you Michael!

43. Luis - Oklahoma City

Very sad to hear about his death... 🙁 i was listening to his 25th aniversary thriller album, this morning on my way to school 🙁 one of the most famous men in the planet....

44. Alex Rogers

I am devestated at the loss of what I consider a talented, loving, and selfless man and I pray for his family and children. I wish I could have known Michael as a person.

45. Kann

so much achieved by Michael, I am still in shock, his music is and will always remain an inspiration

46. Ms. Michelle

I am in total dismay and shock.
    I was born is 68 so I grew up listening to Michael.
    I have been a fan through the good and the bad. I haven't stopped crying. My heart is breaking as I know the hearts of many. My love and prayers go out to the family and to all the fans.

47. John

I Remember when i was little and trying to mimic michael jackson's dance moves, I'm sure i wasn't the only one. That's something all of his fans have in common is growing up to his music, I can't listen to a song without thinking about my childhood. Rest In Peace. Michael Jackson one love

48. lori minor

i can remember dancing to the song dancing machine, doing the robot dance he made famouse before the moon walk. then as a young child in the 80's i used to get teased because i wore over 70 bottons on my clothes from head to toe and got into trouble from my grandmother from putting holes in my clothes...i will not miss him because he will live on! a true god!
    love you mike!

49. Mandy

I am truly sadened and still in shock about the huge loss of Micheal,i also believe 100% that he was so missunderstood why he was so close to children is because they didnt expect anything from him they saw him for himself,he truly was Peter Pan i thank god for him and hope that now he may get some peace as sad as that is cause he is gone from us>His live show was incredible no one will ever achieve all he did God Bless You Micheal much respect

50. Joanne Carter-Rusnak

I was like everyone stunned when I heard the news of Michael Jacksons death. There are many people conflicted as to morn someone who had so much controversy follow them. I just figure.....perfection is so very hard to achieve when it is unattainable in the first place. Judge those to the same standard as you set for yourself..there in will be your answer. I will forever be spell bound by his artistry and leave the rest, to rest with him.