June 25th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 06/25/09

Tonight on 360°, remembering the King of Pop. Family, friends and fans are shocked by the death of Michael Jackson. He collapsed at his home in Los Angeles, about noon Pacific time, suffering cardiac arrest, according to his brother Randy Jackson. He died at UCLA Medical Center. Michael Jackson was 50.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
soundoff (1,542 Responses)
  1. Kim

I am just so saddened by it all. He had the fame and adulation but also all that pain and loneliness. I have many fond memories of his music through different phases of my life. I am also sad he did not get to go on tour again. You will be greatly missed Michael. May you rest in peace and be lonely no more.

2. amanda m.

Michael made me feel safe when i was 7 years old. him song man in the mirror did that. if it was not for him there is no telling where i would be. that song every night would help me find my happy place. so he was more that a person to me he was my friend. and i want to thank him for that. You will be very missed and i will see you in my dreams.

I love you M.J and thank you

3. Ivette Vale

I was hearing in London News that he was taking to the Hospital last night after complaining he was not feeling good.

4. Kimberly

Michael Jackson is the only artist, other than Stevie Wonder, that I can honestly say I love every single song and know all of the words. His talent was phenominally indescrible genius, that continues to influence artist too young to have even experienced him first hand.

5. Kim

We're just so shocked that the great legend of Pop died. We wish Michael's family the best now and in the future. Michael will always be remembered by us for the love he put into his music. The king of Pop will never be forgotten. RIP Michael Jackson.

6. Colleena

As a 31 year old mother, I've shared Michael Jackson music and videos with my young children and experiencing him has affected them with the same awe that I've experienced. His talent has truly spanned all age, creed, and culture. He can grab the attention of young and old, his work will always be relatable.

7. Manuel Sanchez Porras

Michael you will always be the best performer ever, tks 4 all the music and enjoy u give us, rest in peace, all heave is happy 4 have you. My bless king.

8. Berberry

I am in shock hearing about Michael Jackson's death and my nephew who swears by him still can't believe it. So many have come and gone but Michael has made the mark and will be remembered by all for generations to come. His legacy will live on forever. God bless his soul!

9. Jyotsna

we love you Michael, you broke all barriers, are a legend and will always be remembered. God Bless you

10. Jeremiah

Micheal Jackson's death has left a void in the hearts of all of us who loved and admired this great musician's music micheal's death has left a whole in my heart and in my soul I say thank you and God rest Micheal we your fans will never forget how your music and talent touched and inspired all of us Micheal you are and will forever be the The King Of Pop we love you micheal

11. julez

A very sad day in history......forever in our hearts Michael...forever in our ears andon our lips...REST IN PEACE the KING OF POP..

12. Cindy

Great tribute to Michael tonight Anderson! Thank you!!

Night!

Cindy..Ga.

13. nate rosner

r.i.p michael jackson.u will be sorely missed.we wish the best with the jackson family.

14. Jesse P

Michael Jackson was a very talented man. He had plenty more to offer his fans. He had more to come. It is sad what has happened. May he rest in peace.

15. bobby Cooks Jr.

this is a sad day unbelieveable we will miss you mlke

16. Rob Hervey

Sad and Numb!
    We have to celebrate his mark on history in life and his music!

17. christine

The music industry has truly lost an icon. We shall miss you and are forever indebted to you for all of your accomplishments on and off the stage. The loss is tragic and my payers are with his children and family. No words can express a feeling like this one that I have tonight.

18. Nongpan of Bangkok

Very sorry to hear of the passing away of Michael Jackson. Couldn't help crying when hearing and watching him singing "I'll be there". So sad for one of the most tatented singers who had no childhood and had lonely life. R.I.P. Micheal...

19. Carolina from Brazik

Michael will live on through the times, I'm just 19, but I know and love his work, and I shure hope that his talent overcomes all those controverse atitudes that he had, after all, Michael was the ultimate example of a fame victim. Rest in peace Michael, Brazil is with you!

20. Angela

To most African American Women, in that day, we where in love with one of the Jackson's. Michael was mine. We sometimes faught over him. Because I was the only one that could have Michael (smile)
    This is a very sad day. Our prays go out to the family.

21. Francisca

This is just a sad news. It's a shock for all of us to lose Michael Jackson. I really feel the pain that he had to go through for the past 15 years -__- and I will always remember him for his music, talent, heart and those smile RIP Michael

22. Maria

Michael was just the best. He was a loving, caring person. The media was very unkind to him. Michael Jackson music will live on. Who can stop that?

23. Kashif M

Thriller, beat it, billie jean, bad, black or white, and the hits go on... break out the white gloves, the white socks, red V shape leather jacket and the black hat there can be only one King of Pop though how ever crazy or weird but he was still and will always be King of Pop....

24. Jeannette

My idol from my teen years passed away today! I'm shocked and saddened. He was an obviously troubled and lonely man but I am also sure that he was a good person.

I cannot believe that I will never have the option to see him in concert or to hear him sing again.

May this poor rich lonely man finally be at peace....

25. Michele H. from Arizona

Today we have lost the inventor, the creator of pop music. He was a father, a son, a brother, and a legend. He is now dancing his way to the golden gates of heaven and he will not be alone anymore. We will always rock with you!!! I will miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. Robert Hernandez

Michael Jackson was the greatest entertainer i n my lifetime i grew up to his music i will never forget the legend

27. Marie

Will we ever forget June 25th, 2009 ?? The world is in shock !!!
    We will always remember how beautiful Farrah Fawcett was and how G.R.E.A.T. Michael Jackson was..Lost of 2 amazing people.
    My they both RIP

28. Jennifer C

We love you Micheal Jackson!!!! You will forever be in our hearts!!!!!! I still cant believe you are not here with us!!!! May God bless your children and your family !!!!!!!!

29. Chester Diaz

This is the saddest day here in the Philippines and the rest of the world that the two icons were passed away: Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett. I am sending prayers to the family, friends, and fans of the two celebrities who died this day. May the two of you rest in peace. God bless.

30. tangela

Today is a sad day for many people all over the world young and old. We're going to miss the King of Pop.. RIP Michael Jackson

31. Moca Couture

I've seen two MJ concerts. The first was with his brothers, the second alone. The first concert, a family friend got us tickets. Michael's magic was breathtaking. To see Michael and his brothers rise to the stage, posing for minutes with suits of mirrors sparkling, that was a concert! When he came back for a solo concert, my friends and me slept outside for tickets. Can you believe that? Only for the KING OF POP. ... Rest in Peace.

32. Jeehan - South Carolina

Michael Jackson will be sorely missed. Althought I am young, I am a huge Michael fan and I loved him so much. His talent was phenomenal and he has been the influence on many of today's hot artists. He was a living legend just a few hours ago and now he will rest forever and his legendary life will be celebrated throughout our lifetimes and even longer.

33. Chris G

My wife made take out all the stuff that I have of him and found the cards and the stickers still in the original packages and I opened them to remember.

34. Anne

Michael,You will be missed.Rest in Peace.

35. caroline kerry

Hi anderson,i love watching your show.Am from kenya and a fan of MJ.im saddened with his death would like to express my heartfelt feelings to the family.May his soul rest in peace.We loved him but God loved him more.RIP.

June 25, 2009 at 11:47 pm |
  36. Suzanne Plasmans (Holland)

I've been a fan of Michael since I was 3. Traveled to Santa Maria for the trial in 2003, and saw him various times when he was in London.
    Michael, dear Michael...you took a piece of my heart with you. I will miss you forever and my life will never be the same. Thank you for all I've learned from you and thank you for the amazing friends I've met through being your fan. I love you so very much. I hope you have finally found the peace you so badly wanted and needed. Endless love and respect.

37. tommie gaiter

I grew up listening to your music Michael. I loved you then and I will always love you. Rest in peace!

38. Kitty

All of us will, for the rest of our days, remember where we were and what we were doing when we heard the news of Michael Jackson's death. That moment stood still and changed us all.

39. Stella

Michael gave us the very best of himself and for that he will always be remembered.

40. claire

such a sad day. i've always seen michael jackson and his work as an affirmation that all races, all religions, all ethnicities can come together. his youthful innocence spoke to the universal need for love and acceptance. i can't imagine this world without him and his hopeful vision. the world is a poorer and sadder place tonight.

41. Rayanne

How tragic! The poor man will never get to see his children grow up! How sad! His poor children... It's such a loss. He was such a genius!

42. Anna N.

M.Jackson & F.Fawcett. To much to handle for one day. May they RIP.

43. Rosalie

My heart is sad on this day. Michael Jackson's music will forever make my heart dance and be happy. Thank you Michael for sharing your magic with us!.......

44. Shanterrin Teasley

No matter how bad the last couple of years has been for him, he will always be the number one pop artist
    Gone But Not Forgotten
    RIP Michael Jackson- From The Love of All His Fans in Bowman, GA

45. karl

I love Michael Jackson, his music brings joy to this world. To me he is the biggest Artist in the world. i love u Michael.

46. Rick Langill

You either hate him, or love him. I was a fan of him since the 80's. I basically grew up with him. He was an awsome performer, singer, person. He will be missed by everyone who ever listend to music. My heart goes out to his family. God Bless you Michael and Rest in Peace.

47. Aaron & Tricia Redd

For those that loved MJ.. remember that Memories can never be taken away..... you will have those forever so keep them close to your heart<3

48. Rita

There is a sadness that can't be conveyed with words. My heart is extremely heavy for his family and I pray that now he will get the peace that he never seemed to get during the last few years of his life. God Bless You Michael, You will be dearly missed.

49. Jennifer

My mom took me and my brother to see Captain Eo at Disneyland! I thought I was gonna die...it was too much- Mickey Mouse and Micheal Jackson in one spot! It was an unforgettable moment in my childhood!

50. Metehan

Anderson, World lost an Icon. World lost a loveable, sincere person who loved the world and people. Its sad that lots of people disapointed him
    May allah bless his soul and Wishing him a better place.

Metehan