June 25th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 06/25/09

Tonight on 360°, remembering the King of Pop. Family, friends and fans are shocked by the death of Michael Jackson. He collapsed at his home in Los Angeles, about noon Pacific time, suffering cardiac arrest, according to his brother Randy Jackson. He died at UCLA Medical Center. Michael Jackson was 50.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
soundoff (1,542 Responses)
  1. Pat Johnson

It is with deep regret that the world's loss is heaven's gain, for I know that Michael is at rest and in FOREVER LAND. He did not realize that in this life true love is NEVERLAND. But when you cross-over the greatest love is being forever in the arms of the one that loves you BEST, and you'll never have to be lonely or alone again.

2. sarah

When I heard the news I was receving tons of text messages. Well I guess it's not a dream!! RIP Michael! We will miss you!!!

3. Hans

RIP (Return If Possible)

Michael Jackson...

I never got a chance to see you perform live but I'm grateful to hear your music. Thanks for everything.

4. Corry Running

So very very sad hearing the news today regarding Michael Jackson's death. One of my fondest memories is seeing him perform on the 25th Anniversary of Motown show in the early 80's. From that moment on I was hooked on music and have been ever since. Watching him that night perform Billie Jean changed my life forever. I began a life long journey for a passion of music....

Thanks MJ for all you've brought to my life and the passion for music that you brought to me that night so long ago....

RIP MJ and I hope you're in heaven now dancing with Fred Astaire.

5. Nishat

Michael Jackson will always live in the memories of his fans.

6. Samo from Chicago

I just 'came' from amazon.com and all Michael's DVDs are ON TOP of ctharts currently....totally deserved! Love U, Michael! U will live FOREVER and EVER!

7. Rainierlass

I feel like I have lost 2 more pieces of my childhood today –

may the Other Side be kind to you both – –

8. catherine

I heard a few minutes ago that someone has sold 300 t shirts at
    20.00 each. I think it is terrible for some to do this at a time when a loss of a human being is taken in a way to make a buck. Think about
    the loss that Michael Jackson's family is feeling about now.

9. Ray Pedraza

Tonight the story is not Michael Jackson's death, but the realization of what impact his life had in your heart.

10. JC

Today is truly a sad day for the world. I didn't grow up in the hey-day of Michael, but his music is something that has always been there to comfort me. He made have made some poor decisions in his life, but it cannot be denied that he is a music icon and a pop culture legend. He will always be one of my heroes, and will be remembered for all that he accomplished in the entertainment world.

11. Claudia (Pueblo, CO)

I'm only 27yrs old but i've loved Michael Jackson my whole life. I attended the "The Jacksons Victory Tour" in 1984. I always wanted to see him again...I will someday!!! I'll Love You Forever Michael!!! Much Luv to all the fans out there 🙂

12. Ashley H

"AC has a good reason for being there – promise"

What do you mean Erica?

3 celebrity deaths in the last couple days? Why do these things come in three's?

13. Eddie

Thanks Anderson for the special. We have experienced a great loss and am still in shock. I need to know what happens to the Beatles catalog? That is a huge piece of his estate that needs to wind up in the right hands. Love you Mike.

14. Lorraine

I thank you Michael Jackson for bringing so much joy to my life with your music. I am happy to have grown up with your music in the background of my life from as early as I can remember. I pray you are now in peace and will continue to feel the love of all of your eternal fans.

15. james

Michael Jackson will be remembered by the people of the world, thank you Michael for the great music. Rest In Peace

16. Kaz

What a sad week...Ed... Farah... Michael.

What I'm remembering right now, is when my grandpa brought home tickets to the Jackson 5 'Victory Tour' at the Exhibition in Toronto. That was my first major concert... I'm so lucky I got to see him perform live.

xo

17. Jeff Harper

Hollywood and the music industry has suffered a tremendous loss in a very short time. Icons in different fashions who have touch our lives in one way or another will continue to live on through out history! RIP Ed, Farrah and Michael. May your family, friends and fans find comfort in the memories that you have provided for us all!

18. Jamie L, Gray

I am 7 months older than Michael. Two years ago I was going through Arrhythmia issues with my own heart. I remember seeing Michael on TV and wandering what the TV images would portray the day Michael Jackson dies. I dismissed my thoughts thinking I would never see that day. I cannot believe my eyes and ears. I just saw the remains of Michael Jackson loaded onto a coroner's van. What a day, what a loss.

19. Tobias Lanzo

HI I am in disbelief ..Michael Jackson is a world Icon! Noone will ever be like him or replace him. I love yyou Michael Jackson. God Bless his family and friends true friends that is. They know who they are! It's so sad to hear his life story which by some of his behavior i knew he was an abused not physically but mentally and emotionally. He never got to live his child hood and this is a lesson to learn. He's with God now and he won"t be lonely again. I'm hurt so hurt...Love you "Jacksons" ! always

20. Lakmini Ahamed

Michael Jackson is one of the legendary artists, whom I enjoyed during my childhood, youth & now.
    May he rest in peace!!!

21. Denise

you're not lonely anymore Michael!

22. valerie

5 1/2 months younger than me.... but 5 1/2 million times more special! phenomenal dancer, voice ao pure and a soul so compelling that he must be jetting up to heaven now! rest in peace. King of Pop!

23. Julie - Canada

Michael will be definitely missed.

God bless him and the Jackson family.

I love Michael and always will.

Rest in peace King of POP, there will never be another.

24. Asha

Itz really sad tat he died.. I think everybody in the world knew him... there wan't one person tat did'n't even kno.. he will never be forgotton....RIP Michael Jackson aka King Of POP

25. Lena

May the three legends we have lost in the last week rest in peace. Bleesings to all those that loved all three. Thank you MJ for making us dance and feel with our souls. Thank you Farrah for making us think and for being you! Thank you Ed for making us laugh and watch for balloons in our driveway! You will be in our hearts and smiles!

26. Therese Young

He was a legend. 🙁 Philippines is also mourning for the King of Pop. May He rest in peace. May he be a happy child in heaven (Childhood- M. Jackson).

27. Thomas Callaham

Wow.he will be miss.his song bring back my child hood.These was the days,of no worries.Be a kid,a teen,and a young man

28. LB in Vancouver

Even though I don't agree with how he ran his personal life, his music defined many moments in my 20's and I can still remember the first time I hear "Beat It" in a disco. Everyone went nuts and then the whole album was everywhere and still is.

29. j thornhill

It feels like a part of my childhood has passed away with Michael with Farah God bless you my sista and my brotha

30. Vanessa

By far one of the most talented musicians of my time ... I had to dance every time i heard his music when i was 5 years old ... and i still dance every time i hear his music to this day ... Rest In Peace Michael Jackson ... musical legend ... he finally has true peace and happiness

31. Lindsay Koger Red Deer, AB, Canada

R.I.P Michael Jackson. You were my favorite artist and you always will be. I am heartbroken this evening. It's amazing how much you have touched my life. I will never forget you. R.I.P Love you Always and Forever!!!

32. DONNA

Michael will always be the king of pop.For a man who was afraid of growing old ,who reciently spoke about (his last curtain call) .His 51 st birthday would have been august 29.It is sad and made me tearfull many times today the thought of loosing another great musician and artist way before their time (WHY).......REST IN PEACE MICHAL WE LOVE YOU !

33. Candice

Hi from Hobart, Indiana
    We all grew up idolizing him and his music. Imitating him and supporting him through all his trials and tribulations. Hes not just a genius but a beautiful man. I pray his soul finds a way to heal itself as he passes on in the next life.

God bless you Michael! You were never alone.

34. Emmanuel Achu

No bigger star on earth. I remember growing up in Cameroon where the coolest kids were the ones who could do the best Michael moves. Its a personal loss for me. Cant beleive it all ends like this. Rest in Peace Micheal. We love you.

35. Jay Flannagan

Thank you Michael. You are the reason I fell in love with music. You changed the world. You made it better. I cant imagine waking up to a world without you in it, I feel like a part of my childhood has died today. Thank you Michael for inspiring all of us and for changing our lives.

36. Chima

One of the greatest perfomers of our generation passes away.
    He was truely legendery, so sad his career was marred with lots of controversy.
    He is still an exceptional person, with a good heart..

37. Pat s

The world will surely miss Michael. He was a great in the music industry. His personal life notwithstanding, he should be remembered for the worth of his contribution to the world through his music and his performances.

38. Sonali

Michael will be greatly missed! A tumultuous life, and a sad and sudden death.

39. Rachel / Texas

A mis-understood GENIUS! A man child who grew up in a bubble,loved the innocence of children, and trusted far to many adults, to innocent for this world, abused as a child, he's now moon-walking in heaven.....RIP Mr. Jackson, and God bless and comfort this family

40. Lori

I grew up with Michael and I will miss him deeply

41. Gloria

I remember growing up in Africa and folks in the villages who did not have television knew who Michael Jackson was. He gave us great music to listen to in times of despair. He will be greatly missed in all parts of the world!!!

42. sherry

It is so sad sitting here watching about parts of Michael Jackson's life. He was so sad and lonely and withdrawn for quite some time unless he was with fans. He had no childhood and a hard life with abuse from his father, and as an adult, but still a kid, wanting to help children and try to get his career back on track. So sad, So sad.

43. Anne D

Years ago I had a good friend who loved Michael Jackson so I took an unopened Thriller album and had it framed for him. Tonight I wish I had it on my wall.

44. kannan

It is very hard to accept that Michael Jackson is really gone...i am still in total awe that this is really happening. This is such a very untimely death. He had so much perseverance to become who he is.

45. Joy Lewis

Michael Jackson was a true music mogul. The greatest icon to the pop music industry.His music has impacted people from all walks of life over this entire world. He will be truly missed.

The King of Pop is "Gone to Soon"

46. dalegosal

michaels dancing on the clouds with angels by his side, dancing to anew rythum thank you for the music, the moves thanks for we are the world

47. Mike O from Philippines

I grew up listening to Michael's music, he is a legend and he will be missed!

48. ginger

We have lost a great talent, and I believe we need to remember what
    he gave to us in music and from his heart. I believe he was used by those around him and those who accused him should be held as responsible as they wanted him to be.

49. dee

Truly a sad loss. I have been listening to his music on my ipod since Saturday (because I saw the movie about the Jacksons and became nostalgic). After Ed McMahon died I acutually thought to myself that when Michael Jackson dies it is going to be a mess. I never thought it would happen so soon.

50. Marissa

I'm hurting beyond definition. This is a tremendous loss to the world. But I will always love Michael.