June 25th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 06/25/09

Tonight on 360°, remembering the King of Pop. Family, friends and fans are shocked by the death of Michael Jackson. He collapsed at his home in Los Angeles, about noon Pacific time, suffering cardiac arrest, according to his brother Randy Jackson. He died at UCLA Medical Center. Michael Jackson was 50.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
soundoff (1,542 Responses)
  1. Luwaunna-Pittsburgh

Michael left a legacy of kindness. When the money exchanged hands from Michael’s, I knew the guilty parties were the takers.
    Love you Mike, Rest in peace sweet man.

June 25, 2009 at 11:46 pm |
  2. Elisa

very sad day. =[

June 25, 2009 at 11:46 pm |
  3. Judy

Growing up in Nigeria, Michael Jackson was an idol to me and to most of the country. He represented all the great things that came from America. He was the most popular entertainer on earth across all races, ethnicities, and across all continents. He was known by everyone, from great grandparents to little kids mimickng his dance steps. He will greatly be missed...a legend had indeed been lost today.

June 25, 2009 at 11:46 pm |
  4. B. Grady

It is sad about anyone dying. I wish you had some coverage about Farrah Fawcett and not all about Michael Jackson.

June 25, 2009 at 11:46 pm |
  5. Dion

I fell so sorry that Micheal Jackson died.
    He inspired me to dance like him.

June 25, 2009 at 11:46 pm |
  6. Glenn Nelson

It is now almost midnight on the east coast. Today is a day that most of us won't forget. For some of us it equals where were you when John Lennon died. Sweet darling beauty Farah, RIP, you suffered long enough. To the King of Pops, thank you for sharing you talents with us. ALL the bad things in your closet will go to sleep with you. Sleep in peace, rest in peace.

7. Karin Howard

I live in L.A. and my late husband was one of the cameramen on the shoot ot of the Thriller Video. I remember being there during the shoot downtown in front of the brick wall you keep showing and being freezing cold and waiting for Michael to have those cat-like contacts put into his eyes. He was unbelievable, doing the same moves over and over, such a hard worker, the playback blaring.
    So now I remember him, that night and the images, which my husband saw that night through the lens of his panavision camera.

8. Sabine Smith

What Michael brought to the music world is unreplaceable and unforgetteable. He broke barriers with Thriller and Black and White. There will never be another.

9. Angelique

My heart goes out to Michael's family, love and comfort to them!

Michael, we will never forget you! Thank you for the music!

10. Jennifer

As a fellow Hoosier, and huge MIchael Jackson fan, I am very saddened by this day. I can remember singing his songs to my children at night to get them to sleep. He was such a huge part of our lives and he will be never forgotten and forever missed. My prayers go out to his children and his family, may god bless you, and know he is in heaven looking down at us. JENNIFER OKC>

11. Tommy Lee Hayes-Brown

I saw him live when I was 10 years old and it wasn't his dance I wanted, nor his voice. What I wanted was to make others feel the way he made me feel. To make others feel joy and smile. To inspire and lift spirits the way he lifted mine. I thank you Michael and may peace forever be your pillow. Rest your head, my friend.

Tommy Lee Hayes-Brown

12. Julie Rodriguez

Michael Jackson was like a part of the family. We grew up in the South Bronx listening to Michael. He was my twin brother's Idol. My twin imitated him so well until he passed away in 1995. Loosing Michael is like loosing my twin all over again. R.I.P. Michael. We love you and you will be missed!

13. sridevi

Michael jackson : The God of Pops.
    I was shocked when i heard the news this morning that michael jackson, the god of pops is dead.but i am sure he will be remembered forever. at this point all i can say is "God is dead: but considering the state Man is in, there will perhaps be caves, for ages yet, in which his shadow will be shown".

14. amir Khan

i wish we should give respect the person for his talent in his life time what he deserved not after he died.An artist is a very sensitive person .it shamed he was heart broken.

15. Wilson

I still can't believe it! A true God-given talent!!! I feel like I am in a bad dream and can't wake up!

16. Niusha

This is a very sad moment in history! I still can't beleive that we've lost an icon and the best artist the world has had the pleasure to witness.

17. Susan

One of my happiest memories was doing line dances at my 8th grade dance to "The Love You Share" and "ABC". That was 1970. So clear in my head.

18. Brian Childs

This is such a loss to the world I am in shock

19. luis zamora

Michael Jackson was not only an iconic figure to the music industry, but he was also a hero and leader too many rising artist. Michael Jackson surpassed a troubled childhood and he still became what he is today. God bless you Michael, i love you and you will always be remembered!!

20. Raquel

One word, Amazing! Love you, you were a beautiful soul and heaven is in for a treat, show them how to moonwalk Michael. Heaven just got an awesome angel. I love you, rest in peace.

21. mike

I am 33 and is Thriller album was the first big thing i grew up to. Still see him moonwalking on stage that unforgettable night. he's ina better place now god speed

22. Nicole Williams

I feel like I lost a member of my family today. I'm just a fan of MJ's music, but my whole experience thus far (I'm 43 yrs old); well, he's always been in the peripheral of my experience. I appreciate all his music, but my fav song was "Ben"...it was my 1st intro to him as a musician. I was 7 yrs old!!!

God Bless Him and his family.

23. Regina

In the lyrics of one of his songs it says "gone too soon"

24. chrystal

oh my gosh Michael Jackson was the greatest of all time i will miss him I Love you Michael

25. Rachel of Canada

I LOVE YOU MICHAEL.... May all the bad and negative words people had spoken of Michael be laid to rest forever. God Bless to Michael's family and to all who loved him. We Are The World in the Man in the Mirror with Human Nature to share that I'll Be There is simple as ABC.

You fan, Rachel in Yarmouth
    🙂

26. Angie

This is very sad news! My thoughts and prayers go out to the family at this time. He will be fondly remembered for his incredible talent and his amazingly big heart.
    Rest In Peace Michael!

27. Mary Ann from West Virginia

I will never forget watching the Motown anniversary special when MJ first moonwalked...we talked about it at school for days...what a sad day

28. jacqueline

his music and talent will live on forever – but – if what it is true about what he done to kids will live on with them forever – people should also think about that !!!!

29. Sunira

Michael was clearly a troubled man, but I don't think there are many people who can deny his talent and genius.

It's funny how he never was able to get over hsi troubled childhood, while at the same time had a large impact on the childhood of millions across the world.

An entire generation grew up with his music and it's too bad he could never draw from that.

30. Mary Elen

I am not a religious person but on the off chance that there is a heaven it is filled with music tonight. Love you Michael.

31. Clara Martinous

Michael Jackson is a legend, and I hope one day that they make "Neverland" like another "Graceland". So everyone can remember the King of Pop just like we remember the King of Rock.

32. Nick

In short , I am still blown away by this. almost as if the reality hasnt really sunk in yet.

We have lost one of the world biggest most beloved icons in musical history..

R.I.P Mj

33. Jake

will be dearly missed,great performer in the 80's and early 90's,thanks for the music Michael,R.I.P.

34. Diane TN

Anderson... People should've been able to tell Michael this in life. He should've had that right to know. All we were able to see was how he was slammed with the "mud" publicity. I always want to tell people in life (while living) how they have touched my life. Thank you Anderson for interacting with all of us people. We appreciate you!

35. kristin

Did we forget that Farrah also died today? The focus has only been on Michael Jackson......it's a shame that she has been so overshadowed, her life meant something as well. They should have some equal air time and remeberance.

36. Azalia

How I wish this weren't happening. We've lost a talent that will never ,ever be replaced. Michael had so much more talent to offer and now we will never enjoy that experience. We've been robbed.

37. Martina Ilstad Germany

I can not go to sleep again,doesnt matter,the day here in Germany starts,birds starts to singing,But it will be a sad day. Oh we will miss you Micheal,and we will never forget.Hearing the music in your show makes me so sad,all my feelings to his kids.Who will take care for them?Grewing up,Anderson you know how hard it will be.

38. Camille

Michael Jackson was a beautiful boy and what he gave is irreplaceable.

39. Sonya J-Little Rock, AR

My heart goes out to the Jackson family. My walls were covered with MJ posters in the late '70s & early '80s. My brother & I would do the Robot to "Dancing Machine." The family Christmas parties always included the "Jackson 5." I loved him, so much. He was truly an Icon. He will be missed greatly but his spirit lives on!

40. Javier

Michael Jackson, Rest in Peace...

Greetings from Mexico City

41. Maureen

There are two things in the world that everyone knows; Coca-Cola and Michael Jackson. I would hope that people remember that his good did out weigh the bad. May he fly with the angels. Our prayers go out to his children and family.

42. Yvonne

I would like us to remember him for the legend that he was and the way he revolutionized music, and not dwell on the scandal that surrounded him. RIP MJ

43. Rolanda

I am completely devastated that Michael has died. He is and will always be a legend. He will continue to be an inspiartion to all the musicians out there. But there is only 1 Michael Jackoson, no one can eevr live up to what he has done. He is extremely talentyed. And his love for peace and humanity is one thta impresses me, his innocance. I truly am his biggest fan, owning all his albums. I never thought this day would come. I love you!Michael, rest in piece.

44. pink

We grew up with him, he grew up with us, may the king RIP

45. Angela

Man, I will always love him. He was my first boyfriend in my dreams. My prayers go out to his family
    RIP Michael Jackson

46. krissdee Liberia

Micheal represented the voice of all the race. he was a true hero.

47. Lara, Brisbane Australia

Wow, what a day, what a loss... Still has not sunk in. I have always been a fan of Michael's talent and what a talent it was. How very sad. God Bless.

48. steve

a really hard day to handle...two legends in one day...deeply saddened

49. Beverly

I am utterly shocked to hear about Michael Jackson. I grew up tearing his posters out of Right On Magazine, putting them on my walls, and telling everyone that I would marry him. The first concert that I ever attended was at the Superdome in New Orleans, La. My mother allowed me to miss a day of school so that I could go see the Jackson 5 because I was totally in love with Michael. He was and always will be loved by me and millions of others. R.I.P. Michael!

50. Sara

I'm 36 years old and I grew up with Micheal Jackson and I'm saden by his death. It is like the Elvis death of my lifetime. Its a huge loss to the world and the music world.

Always was and will be a fan!!
    Sara