June 25th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 06/25/09

Tonight on 360°, remembering the King of Pop. Family, friends and fans are shocked by the death of Michael Jackson. He collapsed at his home in Los Angeles, about noon Pacific time, suffering cardiac arrest, according to his brother Randy Jackson. He died at UCLA Medical Center. Michael Jackson was 50.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
soundoff (1,542 Responses)
  1. JEN W. TURKSON

Anderson, today is really a sad day for the world especially those of us born in the sixties, I hold Micheal in my heart, I will never forget you (Micheal). My heart goes for the bereave family. May his soul rest in perfect peace

June 25, 2009 at 11:29 pm |
  2. Sarah Castlen

Im not old enough to actually know everything about Michael,but i know i loved all of his songs,when the superbowl lifewater commercials started using thriller,i really got interested in his music,mostly becuase,if one person would,everyone would,there is noone else like him!

June 25, 2009 at 11:29 pm |
  3. Sherri Bubnick, KY

On February 3, 1959, the music died when rock and roll musicians Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and J. P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson were killed in a plane crash. Now 50 years later, the music is slienced again. The world has lost a legend. Michael will never be forgotten.

June 25, 2009 at 11:29 pm |
  4. Sharon From Western Canada

I was/always will be a fan. My son Michael came home from work telling me how everyone kept approaching him to tell him that Michael Jackson had died. I guess each and everytime he was approached each one of the mechanics would stand there and start singing one of michaels' songs. I myself recall having my son do karaoke (headphone cord attached to turntable) to the thriller album he was 3/4 yrs oldf at the time. I'm gonna miss him. Thanks Anderson for having this forum.

June 25, 2009 at 11:29 pm |
  5. Cyndi

Michael Jackson was a true talent – versatile and creative. One of a kind, He will never will be replaced....

June 25, 2009 at 11:29 pm |
  6. jona

It's very sad that Michael Jackson passed away with all those allegations still lingering ....

June 25, 2009 at 11:29 pm |
  7. Caio Celso

Michael was just one-of-a-kind... His music and style will last through the times!!!

Even though he had some exquisit manners, this won't overule all benefits he brought to the music industry and the icon he represented to all musicians that were inspired on his style (such as dancing steps and music accords)...

June 25, 2009 at 11:29 pm |
  8. Raquel Rodriguez

I am in complete sorrow...my heart has broken in ways I didn't know it could...I love Michael so much...I have represented him since I was 11...I am 38 now...my heart goes out to his babies and his family and especially his mother...He died to young...but will always be a legend for years to come...may he finally find peace with God and forever dance and sing in heaven to his hearts content...no one can stop you now!!! All my heart, all my love, Raquel Rodriguez

June 25, 2009 at 11:29 pm |
  9. Melissa - Vermont

I'm stunned, shocked like everyone else. May Michael Jackson find the sweet Neverland in heaven that he never really had on earth.

Regarding discussion of challenges he had, allegations... The only appropriate thing to do at this time – other than keep his family in our prayers – is to call on our compassion and realize he was a special, gifted, and lonely man. In many ways, singular.

RIP – Your music will continue to thrill! Love and peace to you in the great beyond.
    Melissa in Vermont

June 25, 2009 at 11:29 pm |
  10. Linda Sioufi

What a day with much saddness.
    His music will live on forever. I have dusted off my Thriller cd and I am dancing to it tonight.

To think, Heaven just received a Superstar.
    We miss you Michael, and we will now always wonder what you had in store for us. Your comeback arrived!

11. Gabrielle Stewart

I live in St.vincent & the Grenadines ,I am one of Micheal Jackson's fans i was in total shock when i heard the news of his sudden death ,it feels like a bad dream that i can't seem to find my way out ,he was a great man that brought nations together through his music and dance , i love him an he would always be remembered by me and the rest of the world in our hearts ,soul and mind ,he is not dead we just can see him but he knows hes always there " i'll be there ,just call my name and i'll be there "-M.J

12. Franklin

MJ will continue to live on. He will, never, never, never be forgotton. MJ was a world icon. I grew up in a prodomiately black community listening to MJ. I have always made it a goal to see in person but never did due to my commitment to the military and I am deeply saddened.

13. Bill

Hopefully, Michael`s family will continue with the tour slated for next month,As a Tribute to the All time KING of music.

14. Isabel, Brazil

I remember Michael Jackson in Brazil.
    He recorded the clip 'They Do not Care About Us' in 1996 with 200 drummers of Olodum, Bahia.

15. CeCe DiMatteo

The world has lost a great talent and I am very saddened by his passing. Michael was a genius who was eccentric and misunderstood. He tried to create a world where he would be loved and accept at Neverland. Poor Michael-he experienced how lonely it is at the top.

16. Michelle Rivera

It's surreal. I hope that Michael is finally at peace. In spite of all of his fame, and in spite of the many people who loved him, Michael was never left to just live his life from such a young age. Every move was scrutinized, judged, speculated upon. I wish he hadn't lost Neverland, because I know that broke his heart. Michael will be missed but never, ever forgotten. The world will never be the same..

17. Romeo

Michael was a great man... no wonder he made such an impact on the world...I was hoping to see him in person in his London tour but that will not materialize.... God save his soul...May he rest in perfect peace....

18. Ben Spinden

God Bless Michael Jackson

19. Ron

I am a true lover of music and this is something that I've shared with my children. As we watched the news of Michael Jacksons Death it sadden me to know that he was gone, but as I played some of his music and me and my children danced in the living room it hit me his music and legend will live on forever! I am just happy we got to chance to see him even though it was in the sadness of the death of James Brown here in Augusta GA. It was great to see a legend take time out and show his heart and caring nature and this along with his music I hope will never forgotten. R.I.P Michael Jackson

20. Dr. Sujit Joginpaly

I hope his soul rest in peace. I have grown watching his songs and hearing his music. I used to watch his songs for hours at length.

I still cant believe it but its a fact that he died....I am trying to digest this fact

MJ will always stay in our hearts.

21. Piere Abanto

Im peruvian, im 22 years old, and im destroyed, totally, i loved everything in the artistic life of michael jackson, im in shock i cant believe it, he was and will be the best performer of all time RIP

22. Desiree

The music the creativity ,coriagrophy, he donated to sick kids. I can't beleive he's gone compation .Who would have known his life would have been cut so short..very sad.

23. Janna

Honestly, I don't think there's been a day like this since September 11th, 2001. We will always remember where we were when we heard the news about Farrah and Micheal!
    Sioux Falls, SD

24. Jennifer B.

This is a very sad, sad day. i have loved Micheal Jackson all of my life and hoped to one day meet him. That was my dream was to see him live. so it hurts my heart to know that i will never get to meet him on this side but by the grace of God, i will see you on that other side Micheal. Rest in piece Micheal i love you. God Bless the Jackson Family my prayers go out for you.

25. harry o

I was traveling back from Jackson– Mississippi to Baton Rouge when I heard the news of Michael's death. I find this ironic. I will always consider him as one of the greatest entertainer of all times. "God speed" Michael.

Michael I know you are in heaven god wanted you today. You are safe now.

chao

26. patricia beascochea

its so sad. hard to believe that michael jackson has passed so sudden. my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. i remember when i saw him do the moon walk on the ama's and i just fell in love wtih him. he had the most awesome music of the 80's and early 90's. may he rest in peace/.

27. Michael Stewart

Anderson I think that God is enjoying the best show ever. The 3 Kings
    Elvis, James, and Michael.

June 25, 2009 at 11:28 pm |
  28. Jerry Santana (North Carolina)

I Will Miss the songs by him but he will be in my prayers Lots of Love to The Jackson in my prayers You Will Be Missed {R.I.P} Michael,

29. Mesha

Rest in Peace Michael Jackson.....I will miss you so much and thanks for all the great music you have brought to this world. You are one of a kind and you will be truly missed. A true Humanitarian. I can smile knowing you are resting well with the Lord. Gone but definitely not forgotton. We Love You MJ...

30. Cindy

My Prayers and Thoughts are with the Jackson Family during their great loss. Michael will always be remembered.

31. Clay Michaels

It is truly a sad day in history. We have been dealt a fatal blow. We have lost a great humanitarian, Michael Jackson. We have lost a very beautiful light found in Farrah Fawcett. Also, we have lost, a great late-night icon, and a great man, Ed McMahon. The world most certainly grieves tonight, and it opens our eyes to the breathtakingly beautiful gift that all three of these people have contributed into each and every one of us. Tomorrow, when we awake, the world will not be the same. Michael, Farrah, and Ed will all, most certainly, be missed.

32. Janice

3 things I will always remember: 1) where I was when 9-11 hit; 2) being at Grant Park when Obama was announced President; and 3) working at a hospital in IL when the news came about Michael. I am blessed to have seen him in concert, tried to learn the dance moves to Thriller, and still cry every time I hear him song 'Ben'. Thank you for giving us you Mike. My children will dance to Thriller too. JT

33. Marcia gilbreath-goldstein

I worked on Michael's BAD tour from 1987-1990. He was the most amazing artist I ever worked for. I could not wait to run out to watch as much of the show as I could every night. He was magic. His talent will never be matched. I am filled with sadness at his loss. My heart goes out ot his family. He was truly the King of Pop, and more.

34. Michael

I am shocked to hear about the passing of Michael Jackson,and i am so sad to hear about the passing of my sister in christ and fellow catholic Farah Fawcett,2 different icons in 2 different genres of entertainment,tonight i have already prayed my rosary for the repose of the soul of Michael and Farah,I also pray for there families,may they both rest in peace.

35. Ferede

The world has lost its icon and music legent. Michael was the face of America and America lost its King of pop who broke the color barrier and brought American culture in every corner of the GLOBE.

36. Ricki Campbell

I mean Michael was a natural giver. Some artiste today just give because of public show but there is no artiste that has ever given like him. He is surreal in definition.

37. Alicia

Has there been any news of where Janet Jackson is ... there has not be a mention of her at all. Her and MJ were still close wasn't they.

June 25, 2009 at 11:27 pm |
  38. Deb Enfinger, Aiken, S.C.

Everyone around the world is in shock. We have lost a very talented person. He has been a part of my life, as well as both my children's life. The entire world has lost a wonderful entertainer.
    My heartfelt condolences to Michael Jackson's family.
    Like Elvis, no one can imagine Michael as a old man. We just wish we could have had him with us longer.
    What a sad day!

39. Kimberly from Canada

Michael's death will be one of those events that you will remember where you were when you heard...for me...Elvis' death, Space Shuttle Explosion, Princess Di's death, 9/11. Unfortunately it is the horrific events that we remember where we were. No matter what he did in his life, right or wrong, my thoughts go out to family, friends, but mostly his children. They unfortunately are the ones that will not be left alone now, much to his dismay. Perhaps Farrahs family will be left to mourn in private? Crazy world.

40. Jose

I am in Costa Rica and our local news programs started passing the news this afternoon. Needless to say, we are all extremely sad because of such a huge loss. Michael Jackson wasn't only a musician and artist but also a great human being that lived a wonderful life and served as an example to many! We should be thankful to God for bringing a soul like his to our lifetime and we should all remember the bright and beautiful moments he brought to humanity.

41. Cheryl

I'm absolutely stunned!What a day for sadness.I grew up in the 60's and the 70's and remembered him so well and through the years.He was an absolute genius.He may have had his quirks but who doesn't. There will never be another musical talent like Michael again.He will be sorely missed.My prayers our with his family at this time.

42. Betty Hunter

In shock of the death of Michael Jackson we do want to remember Farrah Fawcet but it comes as such a shock for Michael. My heart and prayers go out to both Farah's and Michael's families at this sad time, but may their legacies live on.

43. Dayna

At first i did not believe it but it finally hit me. I love you michael you will be loved and missed.

44. mike curry

we lost a pop icon today everyone in my family loved his music espescally me had everyone of his cds im going to miss him alot their be nobody like him. i also wanna give sympathy for the jackson family. ill miss the moonwalk.
    Its shocking to know that the greatest person in music has left us and he will be deeply missed, but we shall not forget him as a singer and an inspiration to us all.

45. Jack

I remember the Famous Farrah poster when I was just a kid, and naturally had a huge crush on her.. and all the Charlie's Angels. Such a Tragedy that Farrah and Michael both passed on the same day.. but sometimes there is a purpose for everything. Farrah is the Angel to bring Michael into Heaven and be his guardian.. and Ed will now announce for both of them.. RIP Michael, Ed and Farrah.. You will be in our Hearts Forever..

46. Kevin Marvel

Music sales are going through the roof at all online sites. Amazon shows his albums as their top 10....with a fair number of the top 50. iTunes continues to show Jackson music moving up their top sales.

Someone should find out who is going to get all this money and how it is going to be used....

47. debbie butler

anderson-any speculation there wil be a custody fight over the children? will the jackson faqmily have to fight biological mothers? so tragic for his children, especially since he tried to shield them from the media

48. laura

june 25th 2009
    THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED.

His music transcended generations ,creeds and colour,his brilliance shall never come again.

49. avinash Murthy

i am from india, money was hard then, and it was almost a luxury to buy music. I bought tapes of Michael as a teenager, he was probably the only famous western singer my rural area knew. I grew up listening to him, his music is in me now, willl be forever.
    i was so hoping that his London concerts would be a great success, truly a sad day for the art world. Michael rest in peace.

50. April A, Brady

I am sad over the news of Michael Jackson's death. How sad for his family to lose a son, brother at such a young age and so unexpectedly. I grew up with The Jackson Five and like so many young girls had an enormous crush on all the boys. I watched Michael grow up and his music guided me through some of the most memorable moments of my life and the music industry. How sad for a mother and father to have their son die before them. No matter how troubled his life became his contribution to music will sustain. My condolences to his family and his children.

June 25, 2009 at 11:26 pm |