June 25th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 06/25/09

Tonight on 360°, remembering the King of Pop. Family, friends and fans are shocked by the death of Michael Jackson. He collapsed at his home in Los Angeles, about noon Pacific time, suffering cardiac arrest, according to his brother Randy Jackson. He died at UCLA Medical Center. Michael Jackson was 50.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
soundoff (1,542 Responses)
  1. Julie

The events of today will be remembered forever. Where were you when you found out Michael Jackson died? I tell you, I was at the exact same location that I was at when I heard Farah Fawcett died. My jaw hit the ground twice on this day. My heart broke twice today. And the world lost two legends today. May God bless the King and the Angel.

2. Ann

I can remember when a small school on French Camp Road outside Stockton CA had a surprise visitor after a gun shooter had entered the school. That surprise visitor was Michael Jackson. I grew up with Michael and so did my children and I send my deepest condolences to his family and fans. We've lost someone to young to soon.

3. Aqsa

I am truely saddened by Michael Jackson's death today. Jackson has impacted and influence the lives of many and has touched more than one generation of fans.

What I would like the media to cover is Jackson's conversion to Islam in the previous year and how that will impact his funeral. Will his family respect his religion and hold an Islamic funeral?

4. Javed Mahmood

This is a Great lose...we will remember him for his work...rather than his privet life. I hope History will judge and remember him for his contribution in Music. Rest in peace Micheal.

5. Alverda R.

My mom and godmother always spoke so highly of Mr. Jackson! Mention his name and they felt like they were kids again,laying on my grandmother's living room floor,watching the Jackson 5 cartoons on an early Saturday morning! As I grew older,my friends and I listened to his music and we also became very big fans...{some more than others..lol}. I felt an emptiness when I heard that he'd passed on and I shiver everytime I think about it. My heart goes out to his kids,and his family and especially...his fans!! WE LOVE YOU,MICHAEL JACKSON AND YOU WILL FOREVER BE IN OUR HEARTS!! YOUR MUSIC LIVES ON!!

6. Teri

It's really a sad day. Michael Jackson was an extended family of everyone's life. There were good times as well as bad times, but he was still family. My prayers are with his family.

7. Michelle

Like everyone, I am stunned. The world has lost a true legend. I pray for his children and family in this sad time.

8. TaJuana

My prayers are with the Jackson family. I am stun and numb I can't even cry. I feel like I lost a brother because I feel exactly how I did when I was one of his biggest fans. I was so tough in my support I used to want to beat up anyone who said anything negative about Michael while I was in elementary and high school. Michael Joe Jackson was very very gifted and talented there was no one like him and there will never be another one like him. He left his imprint on this world in the entertainment industry.

9. alice

I loved Michael jackson 's music and grew up with his music and he was a genius and he will be missed all over the world. R.I.P Mr. Jackson
    Prayers goes out to the family and all the fans.

10. June Elisabeth, Norway

Such a shame, and such a talent. Always wanted to se Michael live, but now I never get a chance.

11. Danielle

What a sad day...Michael had such amazing talent! I will keep his family in my prayers. To Allah we belong, and to Him we all return.

12. Gail

I was crushed by the news of Michael Jackson's passing. His music was a large part of the soundtrack of my life. Although I've shed some tears over this loss, I believe that we should be celebrating the fact that he is now that child he always wanted to be in the arms of the Lord, all worries and cares are gone and he is free. RIP and Godspeed MJ!

13. Michelle Douglas

Yes Michael Jackson was a great humanitarian. He showed us the suffering and hunger and he was always giving to the down trodden. We are the world reminded us that we are the world, long before Bono.

14. Kevin Fisher Arlington, Texas

Michael inspired so many, he changed an entire generation forever. He was our ELVIS.
    What a sad day! My heart goes out to the Jackson family. My Heart is Saddened. Rest In Peace Michael, We Will Miss You and our music.

15. Gav

This has honestly made me sad. Michael was .... IS a legend. I hope we hear some new songs and have even more to remember him by. He will be truely missed. R.I.P. In peace

16. Heidi from Germany

Hello from Germany! I have been a true and loyal fan of Michael Jackson for more than two decades and have travelled the world to see him live. As many others, I was thrilled to see him live in concert again in London soon. Michael's quick and unexpected ending is more than just painful. RIP, dear Michael, we will never forget you. In Loving Memory, Always! We love you more!

17. dawn bower

what a very sad day. losing both farrah & micheal on the same day. they both will be miss dearly. they both are at peace now. r.i.p. you will be missed.

18. Kris

I am absolutely devastated. Michael Jackson taught me to dance and sing, his music got me through my parents divorces, deaths, and even through the hard times I had serving my country these past few years during this war. I cannot believe he is gone but I know there is another star in the sky tonight that shines brightest.

19. Christy

I am still in utter shock. I'm 26 and remember as a young child I loved watching the video for Thriller and loved Beat It. I felt at the time that it was something I shouldn't have been watching at such a young age but I loved it. I admit I was very turned off when the molestation allegations came to light. I never liked him much after that but his music resonated beyond that and still does. He still had and will always have amazing music for us to enjoy. I just can't believe it. He has been through a lot though, all the cosmetic surgeries and the corrective ones for those, the trials, suits, allegations and the stress all of this brings. Wow, it's really scary. God bless his family.

20. carmen pino

we are so sad for the loss about the beloved michael jacksons ,i have always heard about michael jackson's music since i was a child, now i'm 34 years old, blessings to his family. Anderson we always watch your show from EL Salvador, CENTRAL AMERICA

June 25, 2009 at 11:26 pm |
  21. Jasmin Stewart (Anchorage Alaska)

Very Sad Day.....I grew up on Michael Jackson's music. Say what you will about the man and his personal choices but nobody can deny that he was an amazing talent!

RIP Michael

22. Tasha oliver

This is a really bad dream i can't wake up from Micheal Jackson is dead.

23. Kenstar

I cant believe he is gone, He may be gone but he will never be forgotten, Heaven just gained a very spciel angel, God Bless you and may god bless your kids and your family.

24. diana collins

Micheal Jackson was my mothers generation, my generation and my sons. Every generation has loved this man. My sympathy goes out to his family. Michael was truely america's royalty of music. May you rest in peace Michael.

25. Bernice Gillans

I remember hearing Micheal Jackson as a young Child he was so unique the way he could sing. I tried the moonwalk so many times and I cant get it. MIcheal will be remembered as one of the all time greats. His music will live forever. God bless you Mike R.I.P

26. Diane Gloor

What a shock for all of us. I remember watching the Jackson 5 animated series and being amazed at his young talent. And needless to say from Off the Wall to Bad albums, I danced to them all. He was a genius talent who unfortunately, like so many, could not relate to the everyday world. Or perhaps we could not relate to his more enlightened world. He will be missed.

Diane, Los Angeles

27. John Lucas

I am greatly sadden of the news. We lost two great people today. My heart and prayers go out to their families. Life is precious and when something like this happens it humbles you and puts life in a new meaning. God Bless everyone. Farewell my friends.

28. Juan Too Big Perez - Chicago IL

I am a DJ from Chicago for 20+ years
    I know today a piece of music died
    The saddest note I ever heard in my life was when I heard
    Michael Jackson died today.

29. Jeanne Regan

An eccentric but talented man. Kind-hearted, generous, and perhaps too trusting by nature. Many have loved him, and many have judged him.

Rest in peace, Michael. No more pain.

Jeanne

30. Mary Ann Tan

I was shocked on the news that Micheal Die.I cannot accept that:s he:s gone and leaving all the people of the world on a SHOCKING news.I grew up looking up to him as ever ever grestest performer and irreplaceable icon pop artist with originality and a genius performer".For all the problems he encounter for the past years hope he still alright but now that he"s gone IT'S REALLY A BIG LOST Here in ASIAN Countries.We gonna miss him.GOD BLESS YOU MICHEAL YOU MAKE THE MUSIC INDUSTRY MEANINGFUL for all the artist now! WE LOVE YOU.

from Mary Ann Tan
    Manila,Philippines

31. cruzer

My heart is sadden, by the lose of micheal jackson, i first watched micheal jackson as a member of the jackson 5, and grew up watching him from there. i am only 4 years younger and watching him and his brothers, my sister was really the one that loved him the most, it was great to watch the osmond brothers and the jackson 5 compete, i loved watching both. this is a sad day!!!

32. Miko

"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make a change..." If we remember his music, he will be remembered and honored as a legend should be!

33. Sandra Robertson, GA

Thank you too Anderson for tonight's tribute to Michael Jackson.
    Got to sleep now. Good night all.

34. Steven Saczkowski

It is a nightmare, I was fearing for this day and it has come. Michael Jackson is dead but he will live forever. I feel such a great loss in my heart as millions of people do on this day. He deserves our prayers and thoughts. I will miss you Michael.

35. Wendy

Very sad day indeed.... but the music lives on!!!

36. Didi Lashley

I am still in utter shock. I try to wrap my mind around it, yet I can't. A piece of my childhood died today. Rest In Peace, Michael Jackson.

37. Diesta

The loss of Micheal Jackson is so tragic and I hope he is remembered by his talents and contributions to so many. One of the most remembered to me is "We are the World" I will never forget sitting in chior in High School counting the seconds for the world wide moment that this song was played. He will be greatly missed!

38. Tony Pipia

Its one of those days that you will remember where you were when you heard the news. Rest in peace Michael. I pray you find the peace in the beyond that you never found here. God Bless.

39. Karen Coutrier

I met Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5 when they came to perform at a concert in Jamaica, West Indies...I loved their music then as a teenager and when Michael started his solo career, my love for his music just evolved. A musical genius and icon has died but his music will continue to live on forever. Michael Jackson may you rest in peace....thanks for the memories.

40. Karla

Love MJ, I grew up learning about "black and white" from him and just last week, showed my children his music and had a wonderful discussion about his lyrics. He will live on.

41. Andrea from Germany

This is the biggest loss in music since Elvis on August 16, 1977.

Have a great rebirth Michael, you have been missed already, now you will be missed forever! I honestly hope your next life will be filled with entire love and happiness unlike this life was.

Never ever will we have stars like Elvis and Michael again. Michael, we love you forever!

My prayers and thoughts go out to the family and real friends of Michael.

Andrea

42. Shayli

OMG!
    I can't believe how much learning about his death has affected me! I can't think of time when I was growing up that I didn't hear a MJ song. He was a one of a kind artist that will be deeply missed

43. Grant

Michael Jackson saved my life. I am a hiv postive youth. His songs Keep The Faith and Gone To Soon, gave me courage to keep fighting. That his Ryan White foundation showed his true love and heart for all who suffer.
    RIP Michael You Are LOVED and Remembered as not only The KING OF POP but also a true humaniatarian

44. Amy

In this time of sorrow all I can say is that Michael Jackson will be truly missed. Although gone he will continue to live on in his music. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends and to all those who he has touched with his music.The King of Pop is gone but not forgotten.

May you rest in peace Michael you will me missed very much.

Amy G.

Ohio

45. Lee Ann Green

My heart goes out to the families of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. I grew up watching Farrah on Charlie's Angels and listening to Michael on my favorite top 40 radio station. They were part of my childhood.

As far as Michael goes, the world has lost a great artist. His creativity and imagination stretched across time to other generations.

46. Engrid Malone

Writing from the British Virgin Islands. I'm sending sympathy to the family of Michael Jackson, he will truly be missed. The World has lost a great legend.

47. Kevin D Las Vegas NV

I'm stunned yes what a day Charlies Angel "Farrah" gone when i woke in the am theat had'nt even had time to sink in and then After Lunch Michael J ......This day will surely be a day of massive "Grief" for many days and years to come....I pray for the families it is hard to say good bye to some one you grown with and love and as a fan I know I feel it on a minimum compared to the families..So again I say to all the fans Please lets keep them in our prayers and remember they will allways live on in our hearts and minds...

Kev D

48. Faye, FL

I am so sad to find out that MJ died today. He is such a great talent that only comes once in a lifetime. A humanitarian and a great entertainer!!! RIP MJ

49. Cynthia, NC

Who could ever forget We Are The World? I think we sometimes forgot the enormous amount of charity work that Michael did.

50. Mary, Ky

I have to say first and foremost, that Michael Jackson will live on in our hearts forever., but I am happy that his soul is released from the Dorian Grey body he created for himself. Hopefully he is singing in the Heavens now.
    God bless you Michael, rest in peace.

Mary, Ky