June 25th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 06/25/09

Tonight on 360°, remembering the King of Pop. Family, friends and fans are shocked by the death of Michael Jackson. He collapsed at his home in Los Angeles, about noon Pacific time, suffering cardiac arrest, according to his brother Randy Jackson. He died at UCLA Medical Center. Michael Jackson was 50.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
soundoff (1,542 Responses)
  1. Candice

God Bless Ed McMahon, for making us laugh and showing us a life well lived...God Bless Farrah for showing us your strenghth as well as your beauty...and God Bless Michael for being one of the first to bring the world together...my thanks to them, and my prayers to their loved ones..

2. Michael

I will miss you so much Michael! I love your music! My family will also miss you.

love,

Michael (that is my real name)

3. Frank K

Michael Jackson Changed the music industry forever. There will not ever be another Michael Jackson. From this 80s music which we grew up nationally and internationally is a day to mourn one of the biggest losses in music. From this outstanding concerts to music, he put out 1000% to make sure people are entertained. Hopefully people remember him for the good he has done for kids and people and not the bad things. Michael we miss you not only today but for our generation and future generations to come. We love you.

4. Jessica - Toronto

This news has come so sudden and unexpected. I was looking forward to attending his July 16th concert and finally being able to see the King of Pop. This is all very hard to believe....

5. roy

I didn't like Jackson as a person but he is still one of the best performers in history.
    You hear one of his songs and it just made you want to dance.
    rip to one of the greats

6. Jill Boulay

Michael Jackson's passing is indeed a very sad thing, but for me who was a fan until the "Bad" album and the facial changes really began it's a deeper loss. The MJ I loved was lost to me many, many years ago and today is a day to reflect on the amazing talent he was and the complete joy he brought to my life when I was a young teenage girl in the early '80's.

7. Kenyatta Carswell

This is the most saddest day seeing our "King of Pop" pass, I remember meeting him though our neighbor Don Bardon, at Chene Park In Detroit,MI I will always cherish my pictures. And show my son.
    I send my prayers to his family. May he rest in peace! And thank CNN for giving us the best updates on Micheal Jackson on this day.

8. kevin

r.i.p michael we love u n will miss u

9. Caresse Jackman

I am still in shock! Despite all of the controversy no one can deny the tremendous impact he had in music and pop culture! He will truly be missed!

10. Tammy

Michael Jackson's life and his death is yet another example of how money can not buy happiness or health. He was beyond a shadow of a doubt the most talented artist of the past century, yet his personal life was so unsettled and sad. May he rest in peace and be truly happy now!

11. Coleen

I feel very sad for Michael Jacksons children, to lose their father at such a young age. But it seems the loss of Farrah Fawcett has been completely forgotten.

12. Karen Dennis

I'm a 56 yrs old woman who has listen to michael Jackson for yrs.
    To me his music will always be current to this day. My God be with him and his family.

God bless you Michael.

Karen
    Greenwood, Florida

13. Yasmeen

I am so numb with this news , I can't move. I saw the news, when they were taking him to hospital. I left to clean up my new house. I came back, and turned on the computer. Msn news popped up, and i screamed. My body went into shock. I cannot stop crying. This indeed is VERY Very sad day. First Farrah, Now MJ. I love you till death MJ. Finally you are in peace. LOVE YA !!!! RIP.

14. Safynaz

An African paying her humblest respects of one who has touched the world. Should not be compared to any and stands alone in his achievements. May he rest in peace and we should be humbled by the gift that he brought us, Magic!!! Rest in peace!

15. Denise

I, along with the rest of the world, am in such shock and feel such grief over the death of Michael Jackson. I grew up with his music marking every milestone in my life. He was truely an icon and so remarkably talented. He will be missed but never, ever forgotten.

16. Lisa

MJ was to generation X as Elvis was to the baby boom generation. His music will always be remembered as legendary.

17. sherrie

I had just gotten home and my daughter called and sad did you hear about michael, i immediately turned to your show, and i watched up until they said that he died.I cred and is still crying.I grew up on michael and the jackson five as far as i can remember, and to know that he is no longer with us, he will always remain in my heart,it is truly a sad day he was the greatest.

18. Jia Conway

My soul is sad tonight because we have lost one of God's finest, and I pray we remember as a man who lived a life purposed and promised. now may he rest in peace.

19. Dustin Rose

I remember listening to Michael Jackson as a small kid with my little sister and mother... So many great memories came out of his music for not only me but millions and millions of people throughout the entire world.... Thank you Michael for bringing laughter and making timeless music that my one year old son even dances too!!! R.I.P

20. Angie Chapman

Thank goodness I don't work tomorrow or I'd be calling SAD. I spent the first half of the day mourning Farrah and feeling bad she and Ryan never got the chance to symbolize their love through marriage before she left this world. And the second half of the day stunned Michal Jackson is gone. There are only several days I've felt like this in my life, at a young age telling my mother Elvis was dead and listening to her break down and sob. The day Princess Diana died.....you never know when.

21. Janet

Michael Jackson will be missed by all, Just last week I was listening to my favorite CD by Michael "OFF THE WALL" Michael is now at rest, my prayers go out to the family.

Janet
    Texas

22. Steffani in Boston

So so tragic, in life and death. Michael was a misunderstood soul. None of us can know what it is to be groomed for stardom, neglected a childhood, and live as a genius. I imagine he was eternally seeking that childhood by being with children rather than adults…seemed very lonely and it is a sad ending to such an extraordinary artistic life. May he rest in peace.

23. cat

I was lucky enough to see him live in Cardiff UK in 1988, before he went really strange. One of the best concerts ever! I 'm sorry his life went down the drain afterwards, but from a selfish point of view, I'm glad I was there during the better times. RIP Michael.

24. La Kesha

Wow!! I thought I would have never seen the day Michael Jackson dies. It's so hard to believe he is dead. I am very sadden by his death. He will always be remembered with his dancing and singing.

Michael you will be missed dearly!!

25. km420

People are asking if they thought he was going to come back. Michael never went any where. The fans that are mourning his death are fans for life. He is an International Legend. There is NO comparison to him no matter what he did in his personal life he is loved by everyone.

26. Guy

Goodbye Michael and Farrah, Farewell.

27. Jeanette

This is a sad day for us all. We love you Michael. Tomorrow is not promised, please everyone, give your life to God today.

28. tookieh

An Angel died and a King was needed to escort her. May they both rest in peace..

29. rhema

i am trully saddened by the passing of michael, it is a great loss. no matter what people thought of michael, i believe he was innocent and treated horribly by others. i hope michael is with the angels now. my prayers are with him and his family. you will be greatly missed michael you were the best and always will be

30. Alayna Biggs

devasting news about both Farrah and unfortunately Micheal Jackson .WWWoooowwww i dont know anyone who isnt a fan from my grandmother to my mother even father . Sad day for the nation and the world. I imagine this was how it was for the late Elvis Presley but in my time the King is and always MR. Micheal Jackson

31. Kevin Fisher

Michael inspired so many, he changed an entire generation forever. He is Our Elvis.

What a sad day! My heart goes out to the Jackson family. My heart is Saddened.

32. stanley mayfield

I remember seeing michael jackson in 1972 at the city auditorium in atlanta and i fell in love with the jackson 5 and since i didn't have a record player i had to go to my neighbors apartment and played album after album

33. Tif

Although Michael Jackson was iconic, Farah Fawcett also passed away today. She at least tried everything to continue living while Michael Jackson seemed to do things that only brought his life to an end.

34. Kitty

Michael Jackson will always be the Invincible King of Pop forever and for all time.

35. Really Shocked and Sad

I met Mike when the Jackson 5 did their first concert in Oklahoma City. He will be missed.

Pat Tucker – Fort Worth

36. Lindsay Sanchez

I feel blindsided. I'm 20 years old and didn't live the golden era of MJ, in fact, my generation has mostly seen the controversy surrounding him. However, I know his music from the Jackson 5 and onward and the impact it has made on me. From dancing with my friends to direct influence on my own musicianship. He was the King of Pop. He will be remembered.

37. Jessica

I am 32 and grew up listening to Michael. I had a glove, posters, tried to do the moon walk......He was my Idol. It feels like such a big part of my childhood is gone......it seems unreal. Michael and I had the same birthday, August 29, This year it will be a little sadder.......I was proud to share my birthday with him......Rest in Peace Michael...you will forever be in my fondest memories of my childhood.

38. mayor007

Born and raised in Nigeria, micheal jackson was the biggest star back in the 80's, i pretty much learned english by listening to his songs. Today's a very sad day, my heart goes out to his family.

39. Rebecca Penrod

I can,t believe Michael is gone.I listened too him growing up as a kid .He was my crush.But most of all he was a talented man with his own styles.And thats what made him so unique.From his songs too helping people around the world.He was and still is very extraordinary.He will be forever missed and forever loved.

40. Sanford

Micheal Jacksons music brought people together and showed that everyone in the world have a commen bond which is music.

41. Renee

I grew up with Michael jacksons music. He was great and my heart goes out to his family. But don't let this over shadow Farrah's passing. She deserves at least equal time and respect.

42. Niklas Crompton

hey guys i´m from germany but i´m english! micheal was the king of pop i am feeling with you all. i can´t find any words to tell my feelings. the only thing i can say is: rest in peace michael, you are the true king of pop. may god bless you and hope to see you in a next live. peace

43. Antoinette Nixon

This is indeed a sad day in history for those of us who loved Michael Jackson. He was a special blessing from God. He has left us his music, talent, genorosity, strength and innocence...He broke barriers, he warmed our hearts and he showed us that no matter how talented we are we all want the same thing....LOVE... I know that he will never die in our hearts...he lives on....

God Bless!!..Nassau, Bahamas

44. Sue, Victor, NY

As we see large crowds gathered in various American public locales, I believe we will soon see that in Europe and Japan, as they wake to this shocking news there, where Jackson was truly beloved...when the news of his death broke, it was 11:30 pm in London and later yet further East.

45. Von

My heart aches...I love you, Michael.

46. Ava Arora

Michael Jackson, pop music legend, dead at 50! I can't believe this 🙁
    Michael, we will miss you!

47. Kristen, MD

Great coverage 360.

My prayers and thoughts are with Michael Jackson's family and especially his children.

Goodnight yall.

48. Allison

I am devastated by this great loss. I have been a fan of Michael's for longer than I can remember – not just for his talent, but for the person he was. He was a true humanitarian who gave so much of himself to others. He cared deeply for all people and he was not treated with the same kindness with which be bestowed on others. I will miss him forever. I love you, Michael.

49. Keaston White

being in a wheelchair and my struggle i understood him. I just knew one day we'd meet each other, knowing what it is like to be lonely despite mass support. A piece of me is dead.

50. Juanita Streysman from AZ

Michael Jackson has been a part of my life, I grew up with the Jackson 5 and then watched Michael grow up and be one of the greatest Pop singers in the world. Michael Jackson is a icon like apple pie. He's an all American and he will be missed greatly. May you rest in peace Michael you will live on forever !!!!!!!