June 25th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 06/25/09

Tonight on 360°, remembering the King of Pop. Family, friends and fans are shocked by the death of Michael Jackson. He collapsed at his home in Los Angeles, about noon Pacific time, suffering cardiac arrest, according to his brother Randy Jackson. He died at UCLA Medical Center. Michael Jackson was 50.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
soundoff (1,542 Responses)
  1. ES

We lost two very gifted people today. I hope that regardless of what "challenges" they had, we mourn them and realize they changed a lot of lives with their talent. Please don't disrespect their families today for today is time to remember them. My heart goes out to both of their families. RIP Farrah and Michael. U both were and r great!

2. Derek Sendziak

Michael Jackson was and is a true inspiration, he was one incredible man, he changed not only the music wold but the wold period. His inspiration will always stay with us, may he rest in peace.
    -Derek Sendziak

3. Sydney

Wow! I cant believe what happened, I heard the news from my cousin and I was just shocked. RIP.

4. Pamela in Denver Colorado

Tears wont stop. My heart is so heavy.

5. Ashley

This is such a shock to me, I'm 17 and I live in Portage Indiana, close to Gary. It's horrible, I"m watching his life on the news and I don't think he should have died, or went through all the bad things that happened to him. He didn't need plastic surgery, he was a beautiful man...god bless...I hope he watches over everyone.

6. osa

RIP Michael Jackson, you will always be loved...

7. Courtney

I can still remember listening to Michael's music when I was younger and wearing a red leather jacket with tons of zippers! Michael will be missed!

8. Topsy

He was, no doubt, a legend. Even when I was back in Africa the only person more popular than him is God. Shame, shame, shame on the media and all those that made his life a living hell in attempts of a good story or money. He sincerely had love for his race ... the human race.

9. Lindsey Copley

First Farrah, then Michael. What a sad, sad day. Not just for the entertainment industry, but for all of their fans. they will be greatly missed by many.

10. Janet

Regardless of Michael's legal or financial difficulties in recent years, no one can take away from him the unprecedented contributions to the entertainment industry, or his musical genius. I have heard many times today there will never be another like him. That sums it up better than anything else. We must also keep in mind, amongst much speculation and suspicion, Michael was never convicted of any crimes at all. All my best to his family, all who loved him, and most of all, to Michael himself.

11. mustafe oskar

michael jackson was one of the best singer in our life time and iam so sad to see him go like that. he was a music lagend he will be miss.

12. Derek

two american icon pass on the same day, rest in peace Farrah and Michael, well miss you dearly

13. Emilie Courtney

I am a big Michael Jackson fan. I grew-up listening to his music. I feel very sad that he is gone. I lived in Santa Ynez valley and I was only 20 minutes from his ranch. I have gone to his ranch 2 times. I never got to met him. I grew-up with a learning problem. He was a very good dancer and singer. I live in Paso Robles CA. I would like to know if there is anybody else who lives in Paso Robles who is a big Michael Jackson fan.

14. cyndi

My prayers and thoughts go out to the jackson family this evening. May michael find the peace he so richly deserves.

15. Nada M

Remember the music, and the joy he gave. Remember the dance moves you tried to imitate. Remember the best moonwalk you ever saw. Remember the out of this world videos that will live forever. Remember? That is Michael Jackson. That will always be the Michael I remember. I didn't know another. RIP

16. Lisa

Almost every little girl growing up in America in the 1970's wanted to be a Charlie's Angel. I guess there's another beautiful angel in heaven tonight.

17. Dennil

I still can't believe that MJ is dead I remember dancing around everytime I would hear his songs may God bless his family at this time MJ will be deeply missed 🙁

18. Yvonne

I feel sad about MJ he seem to have lived a very sad and lonely life. It angers me that he seemed to have no one in his life who truly cared for him or loved him. My only hope is that in his after life he will find the happiness he had been searching for in his adult life.

19. Kim

My heart is broken, I wish he could have done his last tour. I was looking so forward to his come back.

20. ray papp

Michael Jackson was one of the best pop artists, he will all ways be, and no one will forget him, one thing that i liked a lot about him was, he took the simplest moves and made them look so difficult, he was always doing that, he was amazing he changed everyone lives and especially mine

21. Ben

I think we all knew his time line was coming to an end sooner or later, but I still wish he was here. He will be missed.

Rest in peace.

22. Rahee

I had no idea bout it, but for some reason, i listend to his,
    "black or white" and "beat it" on my Ipod, whoa, i came home and well, one of my online frend informed me bout his death and i was terribly, shocked, well evry1 has togo and we lost a ver good singer, and we will miss his moonwalk and music, REST IN PEACE M.J

23. Mary

I saw Michael in concert in Auburn Hills, MI in 1988 and he was wonderful! What a performer. He was a true legend.

24. Sharon

I grew up with Michael and never stopped being a fan (as hard as that is
    ) I can't tell you how often I had to stand up for him. He was a musical genius and will be truley missed by those who really appreaciated his genius. When I heard about his death it made me literally sick to my stumoch. I just hope those who were against him will leave him alone and let him rest in peace.

25. shawn gertzen

i am a 26 year old became a fan after i heard the bad album had all of his albums i dont care about his personal life but hell be missed as and entertainer

26. Proud Filipino

my favorite song and lyrics of Micheal Jackson's Heal the World
    "We Could Really Get There
    If You Cared Enough
    For The Living
    Make A Little Space
    To Make A Better Place."

We are all sad here in the Philippines. May Micheal Jackson Rest in peace with God.

AC360 rocks!

27. Alex

wow. Im stunned. I'll never forget the moonwalk
    RIP MJ

28. Paula

I was shocked to hear the news about Michael Jackson this afternoon. This reminds me of when Elvis died. A day I will never forget. I hope he finally has peace now. Poor soul.

29. Rebekah

@Anderson – i love how you play that off like it's nothing. god, that would be so cool.

i would love to have seen his clothing up close – those costumes he wore – just amazing. he had some of the most amazing fashion sense i've ever seen. it's so eclectic and eccentric but it kind of screams high fashion. i don't know, i just know that i LOVE the things he wore.

30. Sharmila - Hong Kong

We miss you Michael, your music will live on. I am glad I grew up listening to your music on my first Sony Walkman which I would take to bed with me in the early 80s. Your music lives on even if you sleep, on a soft pillow, in your much loved Neverland.

31. Anders from Denmark

a legend have left us and heaven have got a new angel.
    Michael Jackson will allways be remembered.
    RIP Love from Denmark

32. robert

the day that the muscie died rip m j .

33. Liliana

I still in state of shock,, I can't believe Michael Jackson died. My prayers to family & friends.

34. Neve

Rest in peace Angel. We love you dear Michael!!!

35. Deb

Would like to hear more on his home at 2300 Jackson Street where he grew up and the Palace Theater in Gary Indiana were he performed as the Jackson . You can find plenty of pictures of his childhood home and the Palace Theater on line.

36. loretta

MJ was a great person he will never be forgotten about. i was at work when my girl txted me and told me about, i didnt reply because i figured it was one of her dumb games. i later got other txt about it i was so surprised and hurt. we love u MJ and there will never be any other person like you.

37. Casey Mesker

Today a world wide pop icon and history maker has passed
    and as we all morn and grief his spirit, song, and creativity will
    last long for we will all remmember MJ!

38. Georges Nicolas

I still can't believe that MJ is gone, I can't even say the word "dead" in the same sentence using "Michael Jackson".

39. Tosha Terry

There are "those days" that we will never forget. Moments in history, time that generate stories, emotions, that will always seem like yesterday regardless of how many years are to pass. September 11, Hurricane Katrina, President Obama's Inaguration, and today – June 25th 2009 the day that the king of pop passed is definately one of "those days" – Michael Jackson will definately be missed and will certainly live on forever!!! SING BILLIE JEAN FOR THE KING!!!

40. Erica

I am deeply sadden and in disbelief of the death of Michael Jackson. He was an amazing entertainer and truly the "King of Pop". I was looking forward to his concert tour. He will truly be missed by me and the rest of the world.

41. Tonya R. Coleman-Omaha, NE

I am numb and have no words to express what I am feeling. Micheal Jackson was truly a great entertainer!

42. Barry Bernacki

I now understand the shock my parents expressed at the passing of Elvis Presley in 1977. There is a similarity to many aspects of their lives, stardom, and sudden deaths.

43. Rey Martinelli, Sao Paulo, Brazil

@ Isabel, Brazil

Exactly..... really miss those times!

My heart just tear apart watching his videos on CNN, his voice and moves..... and specially his brother's emotional speech just minutes ago.....

44. Vernetta

I've watched all the channels cover the death of Michael Jackson. There is so much judgement cast upon him I think that is why he nevered had any peace in this life. He gave us great music and that should be the main foucs of his life. He was simply One of A kind.

45. Diana

I doesn't feel real. I can't wrap my brain around it. Michael felt immortal.

46. Michael Dunnaway

Today is an incredible sad day to hear that two great people who has influenced the world has come to pass! although it still feels unreal i faith and courage to believe thier both in a better place! Bless thier hearts! Thier life will be remembered forever!

47. mandy

Does anyone know of any two celebs that died on the same day? or farrah and michael the only ones? may your sould rip but you both will always be remembered.

48. Kati, Texas

I cannot express how sad I feel for the loss of the King of Pop.

Michael Jackson was defenitely an icon that marked this generation. As I look back and hear all of his songs, I can see my life being marked by many of his songs...

The world lost a star, a big star...

49. Jae from Guam

I can't believe the King of Pop is gone. It truly is a sad day today. RIP Michael Jackson. You will forever be missed!

50. Wendy Kuhk

I am the same age as Michael Jackson and grew up with his music...............we are all shocked by his death................RIP Michael.................

June 25, 2009 at 11:20 pm |