June 25th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 06/25/09

Tonight on 360°, remembering the King of Pop. Family, friends and fans are shocked by the death of Michael Jackson. He collapsed at his home in Los Angeles, about noon Pacific time, suffering cardiac arrest, according to his brother Randy Jackson. He died at UCLA Medical Center. Michael Jackson was 50.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
soundoff (1,542 Responses)
  1. Martin Gavin

he was a legend that will be greatly missed, r.i.p michael you will be remembered by all as a great singer and a kind man. today is indeed a very sad, sad day.

R.I.P Michael Jackson and all the great memories that accomponied him

2. mark hardin

to the family of the king of pop youre son and brother will alway remain in our hearts forever in the city of newark nj he was an icon that will never ever be forgotten

3. John

My prayers and thoughts go out to the entire Jackson family and they mourn the loss of a wonderful music icon!

4. tiesha

Micheal Jackson was the best he is a legend we love him and will miss him

5. Regina

Has Diana Ross been interviewed?

6. Celeste, Detroit, MI

750,000,000 sold! Micheal is the greatest musical artist ever in our history. Losing Michael Jackson is like losing a family friend you've known all of your life.

I will always love and admire the artist.

RIP our friend.

7. Fred Arrington

Such a shocking loss. Michael was definitely one of a kind.

8. Marques Waters

His music moved me in a way that made me think the press was trying to kill him, He was an Idol.

9. David

I can't believe that MJ has passed. Next to Elvis he is truly a great icon of America.

My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

10. Becky

I just read the lyrics to Someone Put Your Hand out written by Michael Jackson and Teddy Riley. I think this song sums up Michael Jackson and all he really wanted in life. Someone to REALLY be there for him. It's a sad song. Just like Have You Seen My Childhood. Sad life for such a legend.

11. Delano

Does Elizabeth Taylor know yet? Has anyone spoken to her??

12. Really Shocked and Sad

I met Michael when the Jackson 5 performed their first concert in Oklahoma City. He was gentle and funny. He grew to be a remakable performer. It is unfortunate that his troubles overshown his greatness in later years – but his music is what will keep him alive.

13. Brian

No words can express how deeply saddened I am at this tragic loss. As a musician I can say that there never has been, nor will there ever will be an artist that has influenced me the way that Michael Jackson has. What brings me comfort is the joy in knowing that his artistry and influence will live on through my work.

-Aspiring Musician

14. Isaac Hernandez

I am really sad that he is gone. My dad introduced him to me when I was younger and I am a big fan of Michael. I am however sad for the true fans like my friend Vinh who is taking it very hard.

Michael Jackson lives forever within the music and within my heart.

15. Sandra Mearkle

The world lost a giant today. Rest In Peace, Michael Jackson!

16. Lisa

What a sad,sad,day for the music world.We have lost an eccentric but incredibly talented musician.He truly was the King of Pop.He will be sorely missed.My prayers and thoughts are with his family at this very horrible time. RIP MJ

17. Derrick

Many musical personalities have commented on Michaels death. The one person I am curious of is Justin Timberlake....anyway we can get his reaction? He often wanted to be much like Michael.

18. D'jouly

R.I.P Michael Jackson.
    You're gone, but wont ever be forgotten.

19. Sarah

so sad and stunning

20. Leanne

This is such an incredible loss to the music industry as a whole. I am shocked at the news and feel for his family. Thanks AC360 for such respectful coverage. A fan of 45 years.

21. Carmen Douglas

Michael we love you! My heart is broken today.

22. DeRontae Deyshon Taylor-Craig

Peace Out Michael Jackson I Will Always Remember You. You Were The Greatest And Will Always Be.

23. Marie

I am so sad tonight. Michael was an Icon, what a talent and yet what a sad soul. Rest in peace, Michael

24. Luke - Kingston Ontario

Wow, Just cant believe it, he was a great man.. he will never be forgotten RIP MJ

25. denise santiago

i can't believe we lost such a talent person....well michael always loved to e in the spotlight especially for his fans...now his fans are gathering in the streets and dancing to his music and its beautiful how he has made so many people come together...may he rest in peace

26. Shanna

Michael J. taught me my 1st dance steps, gave me my 1st album and gave me eternal hope for humanity for my lifetime. I will transfer it to others just as he did.

27. Joao Brites

A simple message from Portugal. Michael was here one time in 90's. Genius... rest in peace.

28. Marcey

May Michael and Farrah both rest in peace. They both gave us such hope and inspiration. I wish their families peace and love.

29. Candy

This saddens me.

I am going to remember him as I knew him in the 70s......... as we grew up together. *In a way*.

I will morn him as he was, not what he became......

RIP... MJ.

30. John

Hey 360 bloggers...can't believe the news today. Thriller was one of my first albums; amazing! The world has lost some amazing talent...and all in one day. Rest in peace pop culture icons!

31. Sue Imbert

Rest in peace Michael. No one can hurt you now. You were loved but never understood however you are one of God's children. He knows and loves you as you loved all children. I'm so sorry you never got to be one.

32. Ava Arora

Michael Jackson, we will miss you & you will be rememered!

33. emanuel

I woke up late this afternoon and turn on my tv just to learn micheal is dead. at first I thought I was dreaming thinking this could not happen to him. becasue I remember he once said he wanted to live for 150 years. really sad

34. Isabel, Brazil

"He danced as if he were in the music," once said the choreographer Jeffrey Daniels ... It's true!

35. Shirley

First Farrah Fawcett...now Michael Jackson. Today is a bad day. RIP to both legends.

36. Wendy Rich-Soto

It is really sad that now people are saying such positive things about Michael Jackson. Did he have to die before we could appreciate him? Can't we try to see the good in someone before we condemn them? Before

37. Dorian Dayton, OH

I am so sad after today's new both Michael and Farrah. A tragic loss and my heart and prayers go to the familes right now.

38. Daniel

Hi, today im a sad fan. I live in Holland and its now 5:19am and i just cant sleep. Im just so so sad...

39. susan pittsburgh

I was always told death comes in threes but, today and tuesday we lost some special people in our American lexicon Ed, Farrah, and MJ you will be missed...

40. mrbartender

I cant believe I am watching all this tonight.....so so sad and hopefully dear King ...you get something you never had in this world in the next...Peace.....!

41. Lisa Cole

I am deeply saddned about MJ death. Today is my 32nd birthday and I'll never forget it. I have been a big fan through the years and always will stick by him.

42. Darlene

I will miss Michael, l have to purchase all he and his brothers videos and music especially the earlier years. I never believed any of the negative media coverage about him – love him always

43. Rachel Green

My heart goes out to Mr. Jackson's family and kids and how they have to deal with a death that they did not expect. A sad shocking day, just watching the news about his death. I cant even find words to say because i was so shocked.

44. Alida S.

So great we have memories to share with one another. Rest in Peace-Michael

45. Caroline, Los Angeles

Anderson,

When I made my first trip to NYC in 1977, simply a day trip, I saw The Wiz on Broadway.

I'm glad you weren't partying at 10.

46. Johnna Caffey

I am deeply saddened by the passing of Michael Jackson. I grew up listening to his wonderful music, he will be greatly missed.

June 25, 2009 at 11:19 pm |
  47. robin king

Im so sad to hear about michael jackson . He will be missed by everyone. My kids are carzy about him and they have had me playing his
    videos all day. We love you Michael and my god keep you and your family in his arms at this time

June 25, 2009 at 11:19 pm |
  48. Tarek Shoukry

Hello Anderson, I just wanted to tell you how people think about Michael's death here in Egypt. People immediately shared sad text messages, everybody is troubled. He was/will be a great artist, he invented a style. Will always remember you; Egypt is devastated. May your soul Rest in peace.
    Tarek, Cairo

June 25, 2009 at 11:19 pm |
  49. Tammie S

As a green-eyed, blonde white teen girl in the 80's, I was blown away by Michael. He made black "cool" for me. I wore the jackets, danced in my bedroom and had his music on cassette/headphones as my parents took me to school. I remained a fan thru my teen and adult life and thru all the controversey in his life. And, I will remain a fan past his death as well. Here's to good times, and BAD...God Bless the Jackson Family. May you find comfort in his memory.

June 25, 2009 at 11:19 pm |
  50. Sabrina

I heard the news when my mom called me this evening. I got a double whammy – first she said "Farah Fawcett died" and then she followed up with the news about MJ. I couldn't believe it – I feel like I thought he would be around for a long while to come, he's such a fixture in the lives of people worldwide. I grew up in Trinidad, and let me tell you, he's as well-known there as he is anywhere else. I'm sad I never got the chance to see him live – it would have been an experience to remember. I've been busting moves to Billie Jean since I could dance, and I'll definitely keep the tradition going with my own children. May he rest in peace – I truly hope he has found it now.

June 25, 2009 at 11:19 pm |