June 25th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 06/25/09

Tonight on 360°, remembering the King of Pop. Family, friends and fans are shocked by the death of Michael Jackson. He collapsed at his home in Los Angeles, about noon Pacific time, suffering cardiac arrest, according to his brother Randy Jackson. He died at UCLA Medical Center. Michael Jackson was 50.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
soundoff (1,542 Responses)
  1. Ron

MJ will always be remember

June 25, 2009 at 11:17 pm |
  2. SKRIMPS - Green Bay, WI

Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson

Icons in different ways, Legends in all ways, and to be mourned for many many days!!!

June 25, 2009 at 11:17 pm |
  3. Jordan

RIP Michael God bless

June 25, 2009 at 11:17 pm |
  4. Lencil James

Jesus needed a dancing angel!! Last curtain call indeed Michael!!!

June 25, 2009 at 11:17 pm |
  5. Rebecca

I was very shocked to learn that Michael Jackson had died. As someone who grew up listening to his records in the 80s and 90s, I feel now like part of my childhood has died. I'm stunned...my heart goes out to his family, especially his children. He will never be forgotten.

June 25, 2009 at 11:17 pm |
  6. Kathy Chicago

Wow, I was at the bank with my daughter trying to get her accts straight! Her friends started texting her and soon everyone in the bank knew what was going on. """""""""We came home to see what Wolf had to say!

June 25, 2009 at 11:16 pm |
  7. Pete

I had the opportunity to meet Michael Jackson numerous times, and visit Neverland Ranch. I met him just 2 months ago where he autographed my back and I got it tattooed on. He has inspired everything I do in my life. I am leaving to go to LA right now. RIP Michael.

June 25, 2009 at 11:16 pm |
  8. melisa

Iam sad to hear the news this evening of both Farrah and Micheal. I grew up on his music and I just can not believe that this is real. My thoughts and prayers go out to his children, and his family. This is just so sad and unbelivable. God Bless Everyone. R.I.P. King Of Pop.

June 25, 2009 at 11:16 pm |
  9. Cynthia, NC

Thanks for having John Norris on your show. I always respected his work on MTV back in the day.

June 25, 2009 at 11:16 pm |
  10. Jonathan Stokes, Atlanta

I am 24 years old, and never saw anyone like Michael, and even though I am so young, never again will we see anyone who can measure up to MJ. His music inspired so many, and had meaning to it, unlike music of my generation. Michael will be missed, and someone I will always admire and respect, and will remember even when I grow old.

June 25, 2009 at 11:16 pm |
  11. BettyAnn,Nacogdoches,TX

Wow Anderson! what a memory of the king of pop!

June 25, 2009 at 11:16 pm |
  12. Debbie

I'm shocked and saddend by the death of Michael Jackson, I have fond memories of singing in front of the mirror with a hairbrush to all his songs....Michael will live on forever!!

June 25, 2009 at 11:16 pm |
  13. Rose from Calif

Thank-you Anderson for you thoughts very good story.

June 25, 2009 at 11:16 pm |
  14. Jill

He wasn't just a man, he was a movement!!! I haven't felt like this John Lennon died. He was one of the greatest entertainers of all time. He could dance,sing, write, whatever it was he was good at it. His music lives forever, hopefully with time we will remember that–

June 25, 2009 at 11:16 pm |
  15. Steven

Bubbles the chimp!

June 25, 2009 at 11:15 pm |
  16. Isabel, Brazil

@ Anderson
    Your memory is amazing and adorable!

June 25, 2009 at 11:15 pm |
  17. michelle

wondering if they will televise the service?

June 25, 2009 at 11:15 pm |
  18. Maureen Montrose

I will miss you but your music will not fade into history, it will remain an integral part of pop music forever.

June 25, 2009 at 11:15 pm |
  19. Anthonia-california

Good to hear theres an extra hour for the blog!
    Rest in peace Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcet!
    May their souls rest in peace.

June 25, 2009 at 11:14 pm |
  20. David, Indiana

Oh "I Want You Back" thanks Anderson. But I've loved that song since I was a kid.

And "Black or White" is name of the song in the video using computer morphing of video.

But the thing is his music has such incredible uplifting heart. There's literally nothing like it. And I'm still just coming to appreciate it.

I love what Rev Sharpton was saying about Michael Jackson's extensive knowledge of music and dance. That "genius" does need to be discussed because out of that and his talent he created all those songs and videos that have brought smiles to people's faces and joy to their hearts. I felt his comeback was a very good development.

June 25, 2009 at 11:14 pm |
  21. Connie Lord

I know it may sound sappy, but I believe that Farrah left us today first, so she could show Michael the way to happiness, and true love. She had the understanding to know what he went through in his life, and with all her trials in life, who better than her to be his guardian angel. I express my symathy to both families, and hope you get the help you need to get through this time of tragedy. My prayers are with you!

June 25, 2009 at 11:14 pm |
  22. BettyAnn,Nacogdoches,TX

I could never imagine why MIchael was not comfortable in his own skin. I thought he was the most adorable boy I ever saw!
    He really fought the demons. sadly

June 25, 2009 at 11:14 pm |
  23. Isabel, Brazil

@ Rey Martinelli, Sao Paulo, Brazil

These parties were classic!

The vinyl of Michael Jackson started to play and we started to make his steps

June 25, 2009 at 11:14 pm |
  24. Alexandre Nunes, Brazil

It's a sad day today... but if he was a good-hearted person as he showed in his celeb life, we hope God may open the heaven's door to Michael.
    Anderson your show is incredibily amazing tonight!

June 25, 2009 at 11:13 pm |
  25. Chris Sosa - Boston, MA

Anderson – Thank you for this show. Means a lot to those of us who have watched Michael unfairly bashed repeatedly over the years, and I'm sure the family appreciates the respectful treatment you've given the story. Was driving home a few minutes ago and they played Janet's "Together Again" in remembrance of Michael. I was fighting tears through it.

June 25, 2009 at 11:13 pm |
  26. jen

i think this will change the way i live my life. NO holds barred....life as i know it will NOW change. Life is too short and this proves it beyond anything i have ever known.

June 25, 2009 at 11:13 pm |
  27. andersoncnn

i only met him once, when i was ten. It was the opening for the Wiz and i ended up driving in a car with him to studio 54. I didnt really know who he was at the time. My mom was friends with the director. Girls were chasing the car, screaming "Michael!!" I will never forget watching him dance at studio 54. It was 1978, so he must have been 19 or 20. He was extraordinary to watch up close.

June 25, 2009 at 11:13 pm |
  28. Sergio M.

Michael Jackson, I believe was the first american singer that the Cuban TV showed at the end of the 70's. It was great for us, the young people of those years.. MJ opened for us a new and wonderful window to see the world witn his music and performances.
    MJ is more than a singer, he is a legend.
    Rest in Peace dear MJ

June 25, 2009 at 11:12 pm |
  29. Jasmine

I'm going to leave this sad dreary day behind bloggers....hopefully I won't bawl my eyes out.

Try to have a pleasant nite filled with memories of the good times.

Rest in Peace Michael and Farrah.

June 25, 2009 at 11:11 pm |
  30. Rey Martinelli, Sao Paulo, Brazil

still remember when I was 10 to 14 years old..... going to school parties and dancing MJ songs......... still can't believe it

June 25, 2009 at 11:10 pm |
  31. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

I wonder what Gary, Indiana, MJ's hometown, is doing to remember him? I remember watching the Jackson 5 cartoons every Saturday morning as a kid and singing "Going back to Indiana".

June 25, 2009 at 11:10 pm |
  32. andersoncnn

thank you for all your thoughtful comments tonite.. it's so, so sad

June 25, 2009 at 11:10 pm |
  33. Mrs. V

Thank You Michael for the music and memories that goes along with them!

June 25, 2009 at 11:09 pm |
  34. Isabel, Brazil

He revolutionized pop music with both his songs and with his famous videos. So until now the zombies of the clip for "Thriller" and the dance steps of "Billie Jean" is still the reference.

June 25, 2009 at 11:09 pm |
  35. Teddy

Anderson,
    let me first start by saying I am a HUGE fan of CNN and especially YOU show. I watch it in the morning, throughout the day and evenings. I must say I am saddened by the way the show is handling the reporting on MJ passing. I know you have freedom of speech but do we have to bring up the negative stuff TODAY?? Anderson, he passed away today. His family has to watch this, his mom, dad, nieces , nephews, brother's and sisters....wow! let's think about them and help them celebrate his life if but just for ONE day. we have 364 days to talk about the rest. Let's remember the GREAT things his music did to bring healing to all of us through his ARTISTRY. ANDERSON, you have always been the exception, be it tonight. RIP MJ...we'll miss you

June 25, 2009 at 11:09 pm |
  36. Vira Rhyne

I grew up with Jackson 5. I had the posters everywhere. I loved the song Ben, and watched the movie cried through the whole thing. Life isnt always fair. But, I do hope he is at peace now..This is truely a very sad day and and He isnt one to be replaced easily.
    Hugs to his Family and Friends

June 25, 2009 at 11:08 pm |
  37. Jack

I remember my children dancing to the Thriller album, when they were just toddlers, and we all became huge fans of Michael. He transcended racial barriers, and was not only a visionary and genius, but the Greatest Entertainer, the World will ever see. Rest in Peace, Michael.. We all Love You, and will Miss You Forever..

June 25, 2009 at 11:08 pm |
  38. starr formerly known as vincent

Anderson, good point about the cosmetic surgery.

Michael was such a handsome young man when he released thriller. Your guest was right,just when you thought he couldn't look weirder...

But we want to remember the talent and his good heart.

June 25, 2009 at 11:08 pm |
  39. Isabel, Brazil

Brilliant, eccentric, full of manias, single ... missing adjectives to define Michael Jackson

June 25, 2009 at 11:07 pm |
  40. Michael

Michael Jackson. A long ago friend. A moving spirit. And one of the greatest artists in the history of music. My camera captured that young in the early 1980's. Michael Jackson made a life by giving back. I will miss him.

June 25, 2009 at 11:07 pm |
  41. Geneva

I am so deeply saddened by the loss of Michael Jackson. I want to remember him dancing and singing... not the pictures of him being resuscitated or wrapped up dead as he's transported to the morgue. A little more respect for Michael and his family would be nice and much deserved... just a thought. He'll be missed.

June 25, 2009 at 11:07 pm |
  42. BettyAnn,Nacogdoches,TX

Charlie's favorite angel finally got her wings~

June 25, 2009 at 11:06 pm |
  43. Marco

Yes, a truely sad day for the entertainment industry. Both Farrah and MJ had an influence on our generation (40+ crowd). Each left their legacy in their own right. I also feel with the world situation the way it is, perhaps the CNN coverage of MJ is a bit too much.

June 25, 2009 at 11:06 pm |
  44. rama

only if we told him we miss when he was here yesterday wecould have beat the times

June 25, 2009 at 11:06 pm |
  45. Elvis,Douala,Cameroon.

We have lost someone extraordinary.He was such a perfectionist,you could hear it in his lyrics and beatings.You will always be my inspiration Michael. RIP my king ,i know you live on beyond this earth.

June 25, 2009 at 11:06 pm |
  46. Kathy Chicago

This look back makes me remember great times. I thought he was talented but troubled. He seemed to make awkward life choice.

June 25, 2009 at 11:06 pm |
  47. Jasmine

I hate how until someone is gone and past you don't truly know how much they had affected your life....some of my best memories were those with MJ references.

June 25, 2009 at 11:05 pm |
  48. malanie

I was very sad and shocked to hear about Michael Jackson. Being a child of the eighties he was always in my home. be it either on t.v. or the radio. It is like a family member of mine has died. May his family find peace and may he finally find the peace that he deserves..

June 25, 2009 at 11:05 pm |
  49. Lori from IL

Oh, I forgot that Michael Jackson was the one that made "Ben" famous - I loved that song......

June 25, 2009 at 11:05 pm |
  50. Cessy, Chicago

My prayers to his children, family and dear friends...Michael willl surely be missed.

goodnight everyone.