June 25th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 06/25/09

Tonight on 360°, remembering the King of Pop. Family, friends and fans are shocked by the death of Michael Jackson. He collapsed at his home in Los Angeles, about noon Pacific time, suffering cardiac arrest, according to his brother Randy Jackson. He died at UCLA Medical Center. Michael Jackson was 50.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
soundoff (1,542 Responses)
  1. Briana

Right after we found out we got in our car and bought all of your cd's we can find. I can remeber sitting in my grandmas car listening to the jackson 5 wondering who that little boy was singing you will always be in my heart.

June 25, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  2. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

The early years of Micheal dancing and siging showed his pur genius .The magic and talent no one can top that now a days .

June 25, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  3. BettyAnn,Nacogdoches,TX

I am going to download some Michael Jackson. I need video too because he was THE best dancer.
    RIP Michael and Farah! Peace~

June 25, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  4. Liz Pangerl

My deepest condolences to Michael's children, parents, siblings and family, as well as to all in the entertainment industry who were fortunate enough to have worked with him. We have lost a musical genius, a brilliant entertainer, a man of unlimited vision. He has left us a legacy of "firsts", a true definition of an original. We, the public, his fans, launched him into the stratosphere — there was no other place big enough for him. As to his personal life, even the moon has a dark side.

My niece was giddy over Michael in the early 80's, she was five. She pressed her face against his posters and cried when he sang. Thanks Michael — for being the "bright" side of the moon for her and millions of others.

June 25, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  5. Ruby Coria, LA. CA.

Devastated, & more! This can't be, it's hard to think that M.J is gone, a true King of music, & Farrah Fawcet the Queen of the 80's t.v. I'm Super Super Sad.

June 25, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  6. Niyi, St Louis

This is unbelivable, The King of Pop is gone. He was just a talented human being, an inspiration to young kids. My heart goes to his family. May his soul rest in peace.

June 25, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  7. Davido

Michael Jackson ... he was such a gentle soul who led such an amazing yet troubled life. He's on the other side now and at peace. God protect and watch over his children.

June 25, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  8. Cindy

Y'all keep playing his dance stuff but he did have some great slow music too that was very touching! You needed to play that on 360!

Cindy..Ga.

June 25, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  9. Michelle

I am proud to have had the opportunity to experience a live Michael Jackson concert in the 70's. He never knew that he was supposed to be my husband! I Love you Michael & R.I.P.

June 25, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  10. Ramona, Jackson, MS

Evening, AC, EH, 360 Team and fellow bloggers,

What a sad day for these 2 families of MJ and FF. May God bless them and give them strength. Expected or not, is still death in the end. MJ, always phenomental! He will live on forever in our souls.

June 25, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  11. Guia Roxas

In Manila, Philippines, we are deeply saddened by the demise of the King of Pop. He came to our country only once and shared his music to his adoring fans. He will live in our hearts forever...

God bless you Michael.

June 25, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  12. Maureen T, Canada

Love Rev Sharpton's analogy of the great Michael Jackson! My heart goes out to the entire Jackson family! Especially Katherine Jackson, parents aren't supposed to bury their children.

June 25, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  13. Raal

Who's not remember our friends wanted to dress like him? Great memories!!! WE LOVE YOU MICHEAL JACKSON and I'm sure you will make ST.Peter to dance.

June 25, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  14. Nice Santos

I grew up in Brazil, loving Michael! I cannot believe this!! Michael is the best singer and dancer EVER and nobody will get close to his greatness!

June 25, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  15. Rikki, Fargo, ND

Michael Jackson will live on in his kids and his family and in those that he has inspired in through his music and career.

June 25, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  16. Val

I am deeply saddened. His music was a very bright spot in my difficult childhood. He was my great friend whether he knew it or not. Goodbye Michael.

June 25, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  17. Valeria Brazilian in NY

Michael had his own style, just like Elvis, Sinatra. As strange as he may have been, it was his differentiality one may say that brought up the best in his music. Artists are creative strange beings, they live in another hemisphere.

June 25, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  18. Cindy, Half Moon Bay

So sad. Michael Jackson as so... larger than life that it seems wierd that heart attack would have the power to kill him. He was so popular and so lonely.

June 25, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  19. korey

The King of Pop will never stop, the legacy he left behind will last forever.

June 25, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  20. jen

diana ross i am sure is too distraught to think and berry gordy.....UNBELIEVABLE........

June 25, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  21. cristy kirssin

That's an awesome photo of James Brown and the King of Pop

June 25, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  22. Steven

1983 As a teenager working in restaurant in a Southern California amusement park, the line was out the door. I heard screaming, and our line was gone. I thought i was a fight. I went out to see what was going on, and Michael Jackson was running though the park. I later saw him again back stage with Brook Shields and Emmanuel Lewis. I will never forget him. He made my childhood fun. R.I.P Michael!

June 25, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  23. Kathy Chicago

OMG, what a day! I am guilty of watching Farrah and Michael. I remember the start of MTV. What a shocker!

June 25, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  24. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

@Nancy I thought the same thing with the Elvis death this is the 2009 era of Micheal dying j deja vu all over again .

June 25, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  25. Shailendra

Biggest shock of this year....A BIG loss to Music World. I hope for the next fews days we will all look at the bright side of MJ's life....I feel a deep loss.....

June 25, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  26. Dodie ~ California

Beat it from the Thriller album was my and still is my all time favorite!

I am just speechless… This was so unexpected!!!

June 25, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  27. Isabel, Brazil

beautiful old pictures

June 25, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  28. Niwat, Chicago

I heard the news while i was in ER ( sprained left ankle, rollerblading ). My heart pour out to both families of the Jackson and Fawcett.

June 25, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  29. Betty

My heart also goes out to Farrah's Family. She was a Great Actress. She was one of my husband's very favorite actresses. Maybe one day there will be no one dying from Cancer. I am a Cancer Survivor and have lost my mother and brother to Cancer. With both Farrah and Michael dying on the same day, it should remind all of us to tell our family and friend's each day how much they mean to us, because you never know when your time is up.

June 25, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  30. Wil

My mom an dI were watching the news this afternoon and the moment it started I knew he was dea. A tragic loss. So sudden, leaving so many unfinished business: the kids and thier future, the estate, the cases, and yes the music, I was lloking forward to the tour. Despite the controversay around your life', Micheal, I admire your work and the struggle in which you engged in understanding the "man in the mirror.' God speed be with you.

June 25, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  31. Amanda

I am at a loss for words. The living world has lost 2 great people. May there familys stay strong and there memories live on.

June 25, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  32. Jasmine

we all of course know the 360 team's favorite video of the jail house inmates dancing to Thriller, the fact that they had to do it perfectly, is just amazing to just prove how influential Michael was.

June 25, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  33. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

I remmber the craze of the moonwalk dance he made the moves look so easy .

June 25, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  34. Sanford

It is a sad thing about Micheal Jackson dying and i am praying for him and his family, but with that it seems that Farrah Fawcett has been forgotten. We also need to remember her and her family as well. They are both in a better place and they will be welcomed into heaven with open arms.

June 25, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  35. pam

I know that this is a very, very, very sad day. Is it really necessary, just for tonight, the night of the king of pop's death to talk about the negative stories of Micheal Jackson. Let's show him the respect that he deserves. The world is still in shock.

June 25, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  36. Cassandra

Just wanted to say that the world will miss Michael Jackson. I definetly will!! I've followed Michael since I was 5yrs. old and I am now about to turn 40. Thats 35 yrs. My heart is filled with sorrow. Its like losing apart of our family. I want to let his family know that I am praying for them. And the world is grieving with them. I remember locking myself in the bathroom crying when his hair got burned. This hurts beyond compare

June 25, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  37. Marti Worner

Listining to Michael Jackson songs..takes me through snap shots of my life. There was a song or a dance for everything..and what a talent. You could never sit still, you just wanted to move. Thanks ! Sad so Sad !

June 25, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  38. Gary

They both rest with GOD today and finally have peace and love that they have never known on earth

June 25, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  39. Bob Smolkin

As with life there is death but when this fine line is misunderstood the image is blurred. Michael Jackson's modified appearance and his psychological changes created a love/hate relationship with some but not his loyal fans. Michael in death will live on forever with us all.

Hail to the Kings...both Michael and Elvis...they are together now!!

Rest in Peace!!

June 25, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  40. Jackie

I liked the Jackson Five and later on felt nothing but sorry about the horror stories that came forth about their childhood. It is bad enough that children lose most of their youth to a career, but to endure abuse along with it is something that should have been monitored and discovered by those concerned about them while they were entertaining the world. Or was that it? There was no one that was concerned enough about them, just what they could perform or do.

June 25, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  41. David, Indiana

@Isabel, yes Michael Jackson powerfully energized music videos. His videos were more like movies, kind of an extended choreographed video movie. Even the morph video using CGI? had the feel of being a choreographed dance. Intriguing to tell a story through dance. I mean I know that's what dance does, but he specialized in fully bringing that into videos.

June 25, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  42. Cessy, Chicago

Erica! Cant wait to hear how AC got to Studio 54! So jealous!

June 25, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  43. Valeria Brazilian in NY

Hi Anderson, Erica, bloggers, such a sad day. Michael and Farrah will be missed. My heart goes out to their families and friends.

June 25, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  44. Barbara in Boston

Two hours of AC360 covering Michael Jackson non-stop? Then two new hours of Larry King doing the same?

I watch AC360 to get a unique world view and I'm not getting it tonight. I'm very disappointed. See ya.

June 25, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  45. Rose from Calif

When the Jackson 5 first started they went to bars?

June 25, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  46. Larry

I am shocked, CNN is a news organization and all your coverage is about the death of Michael Jackson, But another Icon of the period died today after a valiant fight with cancer and her name has not even been mentioned once. Your tribute to him only shows the bizarre side of the man, not the private man and the pain he suffered. But at least have the decency to report the death of another cultural phenomena of the period, Farah Fawcette died this morning as well.

June 25, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  47. Maryse Laurette Dasse Sohane

i am really touched by Mickeal Jackson death .he and bob marley were the biggest singers of the world because everywhere in the world even where there is no tv no english speaker people knew mickael jackson without knowing him i come from the ivory coast and my grand ma didnt have tv,radio and she have to walk to go au champ but she eared about mickael jackson. he is the biggest because of that there are many singer here but they are known only in europe here asia and some few african country but mickael was everywhere RIP

June 25, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  48. Isabel, Brazil

The day of the death of Michael Jackson, the moment when we heard the news the first time will be marked forever in our memory, the same way we always remember where we were when John Lennon died and other idols

June 25, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  49. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

Such shocking sad day Micheal Jackson dying i can't really believe this happend .

June 25, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  50. Tine underwood

Hi everyone we truely will miss micheal jackson . my prayers go out to the jackson family . my mom had a red jacket like he wore in the thiller video. we are big fans of the jackson five .

may god be with your family thru this sad time .

Tine true fan !!