June 25th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 06/25/09

Tonight on 360°, remembering the King of Pop. Family, friends and fans are shocked by the death of Michael Jackson. He collapsed at his home in Los Angeles, about noon Pacific time, suffering cardiac arrest, according to his brother Randy Jackson. He died at UCLA Medical Center. Michael Jackson was 50.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
soundoff (1,542 Responses)
  1. Monica

Today is a sad sad day. First an Angel, and then the King.

Many seem to thrive focusing on the negative...
    Lets please pay respect and remember what a legend MJ was as an entertainer. (and Bubbles!) And what girl has not taken that classic Charlie's Angel photo!

RIP Michael Jackson and Farah Fawcett

June 25, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  2. Lori

Michael Jackson was such a talented and beautiful child. I could cry when I see those pictures and videos of him as a child.

June 25, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  3. Jeanne Byrd

Thoughts and prayers go out to the Jackson family for their loss. So many memories and so much great music for fans of Michael to last a lifetime. He was loved by everyone and he will always be missed.

June 25, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  4. Lori Dawn

In death, Michael Jackson is exonerated. His music is now his legacy.

June 25, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  5. Cindy

I have to say I feel bad that Farrah passed away also. She was a great person. My prayers go out to her family.

Cindy..Ga.

June 25, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  6. BettyAnn,Nacogdoches,TX

Neverland will be just as popular as Graceland

June 25, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  7. val

WOW! I think that's all I've been saying since the announcement of the death of The KING of pop. M.J.( R.I.P.). Farrah Fawcett, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends and family. (R.I.P) WOW, What a week...

June 25, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  8. Sean Loh

Michael has finally made that comeback he has been after for years. His fame is greater than ever. He has conquered today's music business, his albums have flooded the list of the top ten most popular on iTunes including both the number one and two spots. Our Michael that America grew up with has cemented his immortality in the subconscious of the world.

June 25, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  9. Dodie ~ California

I must tell you, very little ever shakes me up… But the death of Michael Jackson shook my world to the core. He was my icon especially in the 1980s with the album “Thriller” I would drive 200 miles every day in order to attend a university and I would always rely on his music to keep me awake in the late night driving home over the Cajon pass.

I am speechless… I guess still in shock! This was so unexpected!

June 25, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  10. Carrie McNally

Hearing of Michael Jackson's passing is now one of those moments that we never forget...where we were and what we were doing when we heard the unbelievable news and how shocking it was. Rest in peace Michael...and Farah.

June 25, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  11. Cynthia, NC

Good evening. What an afternoon and evening filled with loss and sadness. I feel as if I lost a piece of my childhood today. As a ten year old when Charlie’s Angels began, I was like a lot of young girls who watched in awe at what a beautiful lady Farrah Fawcett was. I longed for the long blonde locks and the blue eyes.

Then I was completely floored when I heard the news about Michael Jackson. For those of us who watched the Motown anniversary special, how can you forget his performance of Billie Jean? I can remember watching MTV the night the Thriller video premiered. He was definitely a pop icon. That’s the Michael Jackson I will remember.

Farrah and Michael, may you both rest in eternal peace

June 25, 2009 at 10:06 pm |
  12. Kristen, MD

Such sad and shocking news. Michael was an amazing entertainer and rare talent.

June 25, 2009 at 10:06 pm |
  13. Bonnie

Sad day for the world, Farrah and Michael. May you have the peace that both of you have been searching for. RIP Farrah & Michael. Grew up with both of them, the music and the show, a part of each one of us died today.

June 25, 2009 at 10:06 pm |
  14. Deidre

It's another sad day in the history of the world. I'm happy to have known the MJ of the 70's. I will never ever forget my very first Jackson's concert.

June 25, 2009 at 10:06 pm |
  15. BettyAnn,Nacogdoches,TX

The day the stars fell from the sky~

June 25, 2009 at 10:06 pm |
  16. Cindy

IMO I think Michael's family used him for money from the time he was young up until now and Michael never had a real life because of that. That attributed to his weird ways.

Cindy...Ga.

June 25, 2009 at 10:06 pm |
  17. Isabel, Brazil

Thriller, Beat It, Billie Jean, The Girl Is Mine, Rock With You ... the songs are so unforgettable ... it is difficult to have a favorite!

June 25, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  18. Isabel, Brazil

Thriller.... it's the best!

June 25, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  19. Rebekah

evening Anderson and the AC360 team, too bad there's so much sad news tonite but – small consolation – at least we get to see 2 live hours of AC360 today...

June 25, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  20. Jasmine

remember the time at my prom, we played Thriller, and absolutely everyone knew the dance moves.

I think that's what Michael really wanted, happiness spawned from his music.

June 25, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  21. BettyAnn,Nacogdoches,TX

I have the ABC and Stop the Love you save on a 45 record! Poor Michael. He was so abused.
    Remember PaulMcCartney and Michael Jackson singing ebony and ivory?

June 25, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  22. Henna

How dare people compare Michael Jackson to Elvis Presley. Elvis Presley was an american hero. Michael Jackson was an international hero who touched everyone in the world. May his soul rest in peace.

June 25, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  23. Mark Barbash

Michael jackson's passing is very sad. CNN, please do not show the photograph of him with the oxygen mask. Leave him in peace. Thank you.

June 25, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  24. Isabel, Brazil

Today we lost much of a our generation and youthfulness... and of my adolescence

June 25, 2009 at 10:04 pm |
  25. Noah

This is a tragic day, with the loss of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson.

There is though one beneficiary of todays tragic events...Governor Mark Sanford.....

June 25, 2009 at 10:04 pm |
  26. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I really shocked when I come home turn on my tv to watch Situation Room this afternoon, it's says that Michael Jackson under cardic arrest his heart, and pass away..... my heart breaking for family. 🙁

June 25, 2009 at 10:04 pm |
  27. Minou, New York City

He was an unsurpassed icon of the music world. He had a very lonely and difficult life, and I feel sad that he never knew normalcy. RIP Michael.

June 25, 2009 at 10:03 pm |
  28. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Jackson was a good singer and dancer, but this coverage is way over the top.

June 25, 2009 at 10:03 pm |
  29. Anthonia-california

This is such a sad and somber day! i can't believe the king of pop died so suddenly! i never would expect someone like Michael would ever die so soon...Long live the king of Pop!

I wonder if his family (children) was able too see him before he passed away.

June 25, 2009 at 10:03 pm |
  30. Pam

Even though he was before my time, I grew up listening to MJ. Millions of people and different generations have admired his entertainment and talent. He has brought people together, despite their differences with his music and dancing. He was more than just a musical genius. The world has lost it’s true King. R.I.P.

June 25, 2009 at 10:03 pm |
  31. Sharon Hastings

Good evening everyone. A sad day. First Farrah, now Michael Jackson. At my age, I remember my whole family first watching the Jackson Five on TV so long ago. We sat in amazement as this little boy sang and danced and enchanted all of us.

June 25, 2009 at 10:02 pm |
  32. starr formerly known as vincent

Hello Anderson & Erica & team 360.
    Hellow fellow bloggers.

A sad day with Farrah & Micheal Jackson crossing over on the same day. We enjoyed both of them so much. Our thoughts & prayers go out to the family & friends of both.

We will never forget Thriller!

June 25, 2009 at 10:02 pm |
  33. Liza

Such a shock! For the first time you are at peace.....God's Blessings to you and your family<3

June 25, 2009 at 10:02 pm |
  34. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Evening Everyone! This is sad evening.

June 25, 2009 at 10:02 pm |
  35. Steven, Tacoma, WA

It was a sad day...

RIP Michael Jackson...You will be missed greatly...

June 25, 2009 at 10:02 pm |
  36. Melissa - Spokane

I am a lifelong MJ fan and am shocked by his sudden death. Say what you will, but Michael changed the worlds of dance, music, video and entertainment. He is – without a doubt – the greatest entertainer of all time~!

June 25, 2009 at 10:02 pm |
  37. Heather - Spokane, WA

Eveing Anderson and everyone. What a sad day, first Farrah Fawcet and now Michael Jackson all in one day. Im still kinda shocked.

June 25, 2009 at 10:02 pm |
  38. DawnMD

I am a Baby-Boomer who grew up in Michigan, the home of Motown, so I always felt a connection to the Jackson 5.

I loved to watch Michael dance. His death represents the passing of an Icon.

No matter the trials he went through; he will be loved and missed.

June 25, 2009 at 10:02 pm |
  39. Isabel, Brazil

How to be difficult for his brother talk to the press at this time

June 25, 2009 at 10:02 pm |
  40. Robyn

Why start the show with Michael and not Farrah? At least mention Farrah in the opening, she was also an icon!

June 25, 2009 at 10:01 pm |
  41. Rafael Bronx,NY

Hey Anderson and Erica

A very sad day for the Michael Jackson family and fans

June 25, 2009 at 10:00 pm |
  42. Marilyn

For as long as I can remember, Michael Jackson's (including the J-5) music and performances have always thrilled me to tears. The hits and the album cuts. There's no explanation...just the way it is/was.

June 25, 2009 at 10:00 pm |
  43. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Helloooo Anderson, Erica, Edurrado(Ed Henry) David Gergen and my friends Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!!
    My hearts goes to Michael Jackson’s family……… Hope they will deal with heart attack, cope and comfortable for Jacksons……. My thoughts and prayers with Jacksons family….. Michael Jackson was my favorite singer, he was really good dance his video………..My heart breaking for Jacksons family.

June 25, 2009 at 10:00 pm |
  44. Cindy

I was so extremely sad and shocked to hear of Michael’s passing. He was a great artist and made some awesome music!! There will never be anyone like him. He will truly be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Cindy...Ga.

June 25, 2009 at 10:00 pm |
  45. Tara Rinehart

It seems as if we are reliving Princess Di and Anna Nicole all over again. Granted, celebs give up some of themselves and face their own personal demons, however disturbing they may be. But there must come a time when we realize this intrusion into people's personal lives comes at a great price and it needs to stop. Remember yesterday's headlines of Jon & Kate...

June 25, 2009 at 10:00 pm |
  46. Helena Pereira

I grew up wanting to look like Farah she was such a beauty to look at and grew up wanting to dance like Michael – what an individual. Love you both. You have left this world to share your greatness and love with the other side. Thank you for the memories may you both rest in peace.

June 25, 2009 at 10:00 pm |
  47. Toni Matlasz

CNN is a news organization and you have to report the entire story, but let's talk about the good this man hasdone for the entire music industry, and the humanitarian world. He was in Africa way before Bono and a man's good deeds always out weigh their bad. At the end of the day, he has to atone for his life, but we should celebrate his life and his music.

June 25, 2009 at 10:00 pm |
  48. Isabel, Brazil

Sad evening, Anderson! (unfortunately)
    Hi friends, David (Indiana), bloggers, 360 team …

Michael Jackson died (Why I can't believe it?)
    Seeing a lot of images so live of Michael Jackson, it's difficult that his death materializes is inside me.

June 25, 2009 at 10:00 pm |
  49. Rikki, Fargo, ND

Good evening everyone...hope everyone had a good day considering all the sad events that took place today.

So much sad news tonight...my heart-filled thoughts and prayers go out to Farrah and Michael's loved ones as the go into this incredibly difficult time.

June 25, 2009 at 10:00 pm |