June 19th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 6/19/09

Tonight on 360°, the latest on demonstrations in Iran, Ayatollah Khamenei's warning, a brewing showdown between the U.S. and North Korea, and more on America's High: The Case For & Against Pot.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAMa

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. David, Indiana

That woman from Minnesota needs a better lawyer maybe.

Good night Erica and David Mattingly

Good night everyone

Good night Isabel

Have a great weekend all

June 19, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Anna, HK

Hi Erica,

Enjoying the ac360 live hour as usual. The correspondent's dinner speech segment was great.

Have a nice weekend.

June 19, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  3. Sally

Hello 360 Team. I am counting on CNN for Iran coverage this weekend. There was a support rally here with everyone wearing green. I was surprised by the support the country is showing. Seems like we are all united in this.

June 19, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Gayle McCauley Malden,Mass.

Cute baseball card of Bo.Goodnight everyone.Peace to all of you and yours.

June 19, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  5. Pat, Colorado Springs CO

President was a natural at the press dinner. I think he is doing a great job. It seems like everyone wants him to fix all the problems we are having in a nano-second. I wonder what they would do?

June 19, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Isabel, Brazil

In time:

That tomorrow the events in Iran are peaceful!

June 19, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  7. Isabel, Brazil

Good night, Erica!

It was great having you anchoring the show! I hope this happens more often, not that I do not want AC ... lol ...

Good night, friends, David (Indiana), bloggers, everyone!

A great weekend for all us!!!!

PS. Good night, Anderson!

June 19, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  8. David, Indiana

Ms Jolie is a passionate advocate, but also thoughtful and knowledgable and effective and also know how to protect the priorities of the people, refugees around the world, who she is advocating for. She communicates the personal and political realities

June 19, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  9. Dodie ~ California

Really nice discussion with Obama sharing his issues being raised without a father. Shows his strength!

Good night everyone. Great reporting Erica

June 19, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  10. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Erica, David G, Edurrado (Ed Henry) and my friend twitter/facebook bloggers!!!!!!!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! 😀
    Have a great weekend!!!!! See you on Monday night!
    Happy Father's Day!!!!

June 19, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  11. Miguel

Thank God we have a wonderful leader! President Obama will make us strong once again.

June 19, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  12. starr formerly known as vincent

Thank you and good night Erica & entire 360 team.
    TGIF Fellow bloggers. See you on Mon.

God bless the Iranians this weekend.

Love the pic of Bo!! Love dogs!

June 19, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  13. Isabel, Brazil

Boo Obama ... lol ... so cute!

June 19, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  14. Arshan, Scottsdale, Arizona

nice portrait Bo!

June 19, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  15. Joanne

My prayers are with the Iranian people protesting for their right of self-determination. I am scared for them. I do not understand a religious leader not serving the people - to lead is to serve.

June 19, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  16. Don, WA

Angelina Jolea seems to have found a passionate focus in an area that attention is needed in – so at the risk of sounding corny – "You go girl!"

June 19, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  17. Lori from IL

About that time ....

Thanks Erica and Team 360 for the live show tonight - I enjoyed the mix of topics.

Good night fellow bloggers - enjoyed the chat.

Hope everyone has a good weekend..... until Monday..... peace

June 19, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  18. DawnMD

On Our President Speaking Tonight: I like President Obama but I sometimes wonder if he sometimes gets caught up in the "Celebrity" of being President and not so much into the daily grind of the work.
    He does have a lot on his plate; time will tell how much teeth are in his plans.
    I wish him and our country the best.

June 19, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  19. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Wow!!!! I am surprised judge impeached...... not nice to assault women employees...... I am glad he goes to jail.

June 19, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  20. lisal -Canada

wow.that is some pretty expensive music. now I know why I just buy the cd when I like a song!!

June 19, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  21. David Steiber ~ Stony Brook University

I am extremely proud of the Iranians. They could have easilly been silenced after that huge speech filled with the "evils outside their establishment"... that some scary stuff from a man you're supposed to trust.

I must say, CNN please teach us more about how the government of Iran is ran. What are the ranks and their jobs. and so on. That would be amazing, and REALLY helpful!

June 19, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  22. starr formerly known as vincent

Shannon

I think the Iranians know that we are with them. They also seem to know and want this revolution to belong to them.

Like you, i will be watching as much as i can on CNN and will be with them in spirit stongly.

June 19, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  23. Nick- Knoxville,TN

we must make our voice heard through out the world that this evil regime in Iran must be removed.....

@Erica: very funny comment about Jon and Kate...

June 19, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  24. Lori from IL

I loved President Obama's "Father's Day Message" - how important it is that father's be involved in their children's lives.

I lost my father 16 years ago - but Happy Father's Day to all the father's out there!

June 19, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  25. Michael Lockhart

Fun fact: the potency of marijuana means very little, because it's impossible to overdose on marijuana (some people are allergic, but that applies to many legal substances, like peanuts). You can smoke as much as you want, and you'll never be falling-down high the way a person can be visibly, obnoxiously drunk. You won't die in a pool of your own vomit, and you won't wake up from a blackout with no pants on someone's lawn. Marijuana has many virtues. Celebrate them.

June 19, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  26. Sharon Hastings

Great job Erica. You go girl.

June 19, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  27. Fatemeh Moharer

@Shannon,
    Time difference is about 81/2 hours. Iran is ahead. So it will be around 8:30 AM our time.

June 19, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  28. Isabel, Brazil

she should have accepted the agreement ... was not very smart of her.

June 19, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  29. Jeremy

Night AC360 and fellow Americans.....

June 19, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  30. Isabel, Brazil

the photo of Jolie with children at the neck is beautiful

June 19, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  31. Alberto Koch

Angelina's plea is such a great program because no one has really focused on Darfur. There are more than 200,000 displaced civilians that need attention and Angelina has done a good job of helping.

June 19, 2009 at 10:53 pm |