June 9th, 2009
  1. Danny

Amazing! Bravo to all the crew members and Captain Sullen.

June 10, 2009 at 9:58 am |
  2. Shorty

If this wasn't a miracle I don't know what is. They all did a great job.

June 9, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  3. Joanne Hopper

I was a bit irritated at the questioning of Captain Sully as covered tonight. It appeared that his judgment was being questioned – should he have advised the passengers they were going to land in water? With only a few split seconds to assess his situation and calculate maneuvers to land the aircraft as safely as possible, he was extraordinary. I imagine what I would have wanted to hear as his passenger. Had he mentioned water landing, he may have caused broad panic that would have resulted in loss of life. Sully and his crew are heros.

June 9, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  4. Patrick

It seems quite absurd to me, that with all the technology we have in these times, that these so called "Black Boxes" can't be made to float upon contact with water. Surely they can be made in a way that, perhaps at a certain depth, in the water, a small inflateable balloon or something or other would deploy. This would make it much easier to find the "Black Boxes". The cost, time, effort and danger to find these things in the depths of the ocean, I would think, merits some kind of system to make these things easy to find, just a thought??

Patrick

June 9, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  5. jennifer Gravagna

Amazing!The pilot and co pilot just amazing how they handled the situation. I wish every pilot was like Capt. Sully. I get chills listening to that tape. God bless everybody in that plane.

June 9, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  6. Iain Laird

Remarkable.

June 9, 2009 at 8:08 pm |
  7. Annie Kate

Those pilots must have been stressed out but you would have never known it by listening to their talk – just very matter of fact and normal. That plane and its passengers were lucky that they had someone as good as Captain Sully there to bring the airplane down with no loss of life. Absolutely Amazing still!

June 9, 2009 at 8:00 pm |
  8. Donna Lewis

Amazing how calm everyone was and just how quickly everything happened.

June 9, 2009 at 7:41 pm |
  9. Captain Nicholas Gravino

This crew did every thing by the book and then some. This is what Crew Resource Management is all about. Sully and Crew, I salute you all.

June 9, 2009 at 7:41 pm |