June 4th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 06/04/09

Did you see Pres. Obama's speech to Muslims today? We'll play parts of it for you tonight. And we have reaction to his message from around the world.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Isabel, Brazil

Jack Gray is incredible!

Yeah, we need more posts written by him! 🙂

June 4, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  2. Miss J

I'm afraid of that twitter thing. Maybe I'll try it next year.

June 4, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  3. ahmed

Good Night ......Fellas

June 4, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Caitlin - NY

Mike, you mis-read my post.. I said "we should NOT forget" history... of course we shouldn't... I'm the biggest history buff! 🙂
    But we should move on from it.. heal, and not hold in the anger

June 4, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  5. Jennifer - Michigan

Have a good night – good show.

June 4, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Rikki, Fargo, ND

How did I know that Anderson would be the butt of the joke on the Shot tonight? You always end up there when you fill in for Regis...though I was impressed by the speed at which you can text...

Good night Anderson, Erica and fellow bloggers! Weekend is almost here! Have a good night and a wonderful tomorrow! Enjoy it...its Friday!

Who wouldn't want to follow Jack Gray?...Katie Couric only has 29K followers..Jack has way more than Katie Couric! 🙂

June 4, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  7. Michelle

Jack Gray rocks.

June 4, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  8. klaus s.

hi anderson, great speech by our President. now the follow-through is critical. the israeli-palastinian problem is his greatast challenge. If he can solve that in a balanced manner the rest of the muslim world will
    trust him,and a better world for all of us.

June 4, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Rashid Ocheltree

The "SPEECH" was great. He is presenting himself as a honest broker. This is what has been needed. The work will be hard but it is the only option we have. The alternative is more of the same or possible worse. Thank you President Obama.

June 4, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  10. Cynthia, NC

Magical thumbs........

Have a great evening everyone and a fabulous Friday!

June 4, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  11. Gayle McCauley Malden,Mass.

Twitter struggles? We see you there but not as much as Jack Gray!! Ask him to give you a lesson : )Goodnight everyone. Peace to all of you and yours..

June 4, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  12. Lori from IL

Jack Grey has so many followers because he tweets often and his tweets are hysterical!!

June 4, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  13. starr formerly known as vincent

Thank you Anderson & whole 360 team for another great show.
    Good night too.

Good night fellow bloggers, some very excellent remarks about the President's speech.

I too am very proud of our President and his tone.

The shot : Magical thumbs?? As usual Anderson, you are too much.
    #3 in the twitter race is pretty good.

June 4, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  14. Miss J

Anderson has magical thumbs? Wow – amazing.

June 4, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  15. Esma

Goodnight everyone, from a Two-State loving proud American Muslim chick!!!

June 4, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  16. Lori from IL

It's about that time.....

Good show tonight, Anderson - the big questions - will you be "tweeting" from Regis and Kelly again tomorrow?!

Good night Erica, Team 360 and Fellow Bloggers - interesting chat tonight.

Until tomorrow night ... peace.....

June 4, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  17. Brandi - bottom of the boot

goodnite all! i love you no matter what religion you are! or how many states there are!

June 4, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  18. Sandra Robertson, GA

Mr. Curry was an outstanding citizen and hero. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

June 4, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  19. Monica M. Williams

Huh,Sorry to hear of the AC360 New Orleans friends passing. Homeless after Katrina? I'm doing a story on people homeless due to the failing economy. It's running tomorrow and into the weekend.

June 4, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  20. Aparna Chandrashekaran, India

@mike Syracuse, NY

You are quite right. It is only because the passive majority remains silent that a vitriolic minority manage to get away with murder. Hopefully the times are changing and people are aware of the need to not let

June 4, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  21. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Enjoy the night, everybody!

June 4, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  22. Isabel, Brazil

this picture is hilarious!

June 4, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  23. LisaL - Canada

twitter can be fun – it is just not very secure – entertaining to read other people's tweets once in a while! so many different types of twitter-ers out there.

June 4, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  24. David, Indiana

Scott Roeder is charged with murder so he's being held in jail.

That does kind of look like President Obama.

I'm sorry to hear about David Carradine. I hope his death is being thoroughly investigated. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones.

June 4, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  25. Anne Bruskin

Following Pres. Obama's speech in Cairo: actions will indeed be needed to fulfill the President's comments but actions must also be carried out by Muslim nations to democratize and to stop the hatred they allow. Actions should not be one-sided.

June 4, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  26. Lori from IL

Wow - Manuel Curry, what an amazing life story. Anderson, thank you for acknowledging these "unsung heroes"

June 4, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  27. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Erica, David G, Edurrado (Ed Henry) and my friend twitter/facebook bloggers!!!!!!!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! 😀
    See you tomorrow night!!!!
    Day of the shot with Anderson and Kelly!!!! They were so funny I saw on Regis and Kelly Live!!!!!!! I love your expression face!!!!! Anderson was great job co-host with Kelly! good job!!! Great shot! I love the shot! YES!

Anderson,
    Have a great night, good sleep at home after work!!!! See you tomorrow night!!! Have a plenty sleep! 😀

June 4, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  28. Jennifer - Michigan

I like the story about the New Orleans police officer. What a life.

June 4, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  29. Dave

As a republican, I thought the speech was great.
    I keep hearing from the Muslim world that actions speak louder than words.
    I want to know what actions the Muslim world is going to take.
    Sometimes it feels like America is the only one doing anything

June 4, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  30. Mike, Syracuse, NY

Wow, now that D-Day vet is a real hero, measured in deeds not speeches.

June 4, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  31. Rikki, Fargo, ND

What an incredible man! My thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones! His life sounds fascinating!

June 4, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  32. Sonia Downie

This was certainly an outreach by the President....Barak Obama. it is clear that he is an idividual who is totally commited to peace...at home and abroad.

June 4, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  33. starr formerly known as vincent

We are deeply saddened by David Carradine's death.

We All love Kung Fu and enjoyed the shows on the history channel on the the Real West that David & his bother did too.

We send sympathy to his family & many, many friends, he will be missed.

June 4, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  34. Krasi, Houston, TX

Hahaha! This is so funny, the President found an ancient ancestor 🙂

June 4, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  35. Dulcie - Denver

Those murders are just terrifying. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten to lock my back door. That sure won't happen again anytime soon.

June 4, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  36. ahmed

infact that lokks like him.....right ????

June 4, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  37. Minou, New York City

Ha Ha, his ancient twin! true that!

June 4, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  38. Isabel, Brazil

Angelina Jolie is beautiful, talented and so humanitarian

June 4, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  39. Karen C

I can't believe how much that relief DOES look like him! LOL!

June 4, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  40. Lori from IL

Sorry, but I disagree with Forbes - Oprah is more powerfull than Angelina - Oprah has a platform 5 days a week with a faithful following - Angelina basically appears in the occasional movie.

Caught you on Regis and Kelly today, Anderson - great job co-hosting!

June 4, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  41. Rebekah

Forbes is delusional... just because a lot of men think Angelina is pretty does NOT make her the most powerful.... it's obviously still Oprah

June 4, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  42. John Scalla

This speech is long overdue. Can't have peace unless someone holds out their hand first.

June 4, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  43. Jasmine - Spokane, WA (Spoklahoma!)

Angelina...ugh, and Anderson I totally agree...Oprah, even though I don't like her, is so much more influential.

June 4, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  44. Sandra Robertson, GA

I loved David Carradine and his series "Kung Fu." The spiritual conversations between Master Po and student, "grasshopper" seemed to teach me important lessons, as well, for I was young and impressionable at that time. David Carradine put his heart and soul into his acting. I often wondered he he lived his private life with such compassion of spirit. I believe in my heart he did. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends who are left to mourn his passing.

God Bless the Husted children. I pray their parents' and unborn sibling's murderer will be found and brought to justice.

Good night all. See you tomorrow night.

June 4, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  45. Sheldon

Tonight's guests on Anderson 360 was the most impressive group I've seen to date. Everyone's commentary in response to President Obama's speech was diverse, insightful, intelligent, critical and fair-minded. The host was equally impressive in the way he navagated, managed and moderated the panel. CNN may be based in America, but it belongs to the world.

June 4, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  46. Isabel, Brazil

David Carradine, Kwai Chang Caine, a great loss!

June 4, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  47. George Evans

As a lay pastoral minister in a Catholic parish in the deep south, Jackson, Ms., I was overwhelmed by the Gospel message in the 55 minute speech in Cairo. It incorporated all that is best in the Gospel and the American dream and reality when divorced from the divisiveness that confronts us everyday to the detriment of us all. Could we all just stop and carefully listen.

June 4, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  48. Rebekah

terrifyingly sad story about the little boy whose parent's were so brutally murdered. i hope someone comes forward with some information soon... and that this killer can be caught and brought to justice before another tragedy occurs.

June 4, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  49. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

David Carridane was my favorite actor, I watch his show, he was really talent karate! Rest in Peace forever! thanks David!

June 4, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  50. starr formerly known as vincent

David G.

Thank you so much for your remarks on the blog. As usual, you make total sense and i agree with you. Pres. Obama's speech has set a new tone that hopefully "will find common ground among civilizations around the world."

June 4, 2009 at 10:50 pm |