June 2nd, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 06/02/09

Tonight on 360°, we have breaking news on the crash of Air France Flight 447. Brazilian authorities say they've found the wreckage of the jet in the Atlantic Ocean. We'll have all the details in a live report.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. starr formerly known as vincent

Glad to see that the cop was found guilty for beating the female bartender.

She weighted no more than 125 lbs. & he is huge! Justice was right on this one.

June 2, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  2. Miss J

I heard that Blagojevich's wife ate a spider on that reality show today. Very classy.

June 2, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  3. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good night everybody! Enjoy the rest of the night!

June 2, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  4. Gayle McCauley Malden,Mass.

Goodnight everyone.Peace to all of you and yours.

June 2, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  5. mac

very disturbing video, how someone can so savagely attack someone like that, let alone a women is beyond comprehension, what makes it worse is that he was a police officer someone who is meant to protect people.

June 2, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  6. Jasmine-Spokane, WA (Spokandyland)

oh I miss the old Illinois Governor.....good times, good times....

June 2, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  7. Kathy, Chicago

Oh, AC, I watched a little of Patty B's adventure. I would have rather seen the bugs on Rod. Bo is the best thing about the White House! Have a great night and safe travels!

June 2, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  8. Isabel, Brazil

Why does the puppies can't to see a microphone, telephone, printer cable? ... lol ...

June 2, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  9. Louis Bega

What a second!
    What does PETA say about eating spiders?
    I detest spiders, so I dont care anyway!

June 2, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  10. Caroline, Los Angeles

That dog is sure cute.

June 2, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  11. Cynthia, NC

Nancy Reagan looks so frail. However, she is still a very elegant and classy lady. It’s great President Obama invited her back to the White House.

That Bo.........what a cutie!

Good night all......have a safe and wonderful Wednesday!

June 2, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  12. Michelle in L.A

Yeah, finally a good verdict. But only a possibility of five years??? That is a shame, down right shame.

June 2, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  13. Kathi

So sad about the french airbus.Do they think it was wind shear?Is there more chance or less chance surviving a water crash v/s land crash?

June 2, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  14. Tia - San Diego,CA

Bartender Beaten By Cop: I am so happy that he was found guilty for beating that lady bartender!!!

June 2, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  15. Isabel, Brazil

Boo is very cute ... 🙂

June 2, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  16. Linda

My heart goes out to Laura Lings husband. We need to do something to get these women back to the USA, is Sec Clinton working on this I wonder.

June 2, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  17. Renee

Sorry to learn about Laura Ling and her friend. Laura does such a great job on Current TV. We wish them good luck and good safety.

June 2, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  18. Dulcie - Denver

Very emotional stories tonight, Anderson. Very well done, though I'm not sure there's a dry eye left in the house, so to speak.

Thanks!

June 2, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  19. Casey Jones, Palm Springs, CA

@Gary, I would bet they were all passed-out considerably before any impact.

June 2, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  20. Rikki, Fargo, ND

I saw Lisa on LKL last night talking about her sister. My thoughts and prayers go out to those girls and their families. Hopefully they get out of there and get home safely.

June 2, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  21. niwat, Chicago

@john&kate, if the box were designed to have some bouyancy, i doubt it is able to catch fire...therefore it would survive a plance crash..

June 2, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  22. Ivette Fabregas

Congratulations on a terrific interview inspiring so human interview with baby Angelas mother tonight. !what a lesson! !What a testimony! Thanks for providing all siodes of a story.

June 2, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  23. starr formerly known as vincent

Thank you Anderson for shining a light on the two reporters in N. Korea.

We need more attention to this story so that maybe the media can put pressure on the appropriate persons to get these women home!

June 2, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  24. Gary

When a plane goes down it can be minutes or more of agony. I feel so bad for those souls and the torture they went through as they went down.

I don't even want to think about it.

June 2, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  25. Michael Hackley

Hello Anderson! It is so very sad to hear about the crash of flight 447. My heart goes out for everyone on board and their families. I hope they are in everyone's prayers tonight.

June 2, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  26. Darla

@John&Kate you make a very good point. Maybe if the 'black boxes' were able to float, we would have the answers as to how and where the plane went down.

June 2, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  27. Sandra Robertson, GA

Home-grown terrorism is very frightening. Just the thought there may be more converts among us ready to kill innocent people is such a shame.

Great show tonight Anderson.

Good night all and take care.

June 2, 2009 at 10:45 pm |
  28. Casey Jones, Palm Springs, CA

@Dodie – Calif....I fear this is just the beginning of an upsurge in home-grown terrorism.

June 2, 2009 at 10:45 pm |
  29. cece from Frederick, MD

Another plane crash... It's tragedies like this that drive home the true fragility of life.

June 2, 2009 at 10:45 pm |
  30. Rebecca, NY

why does this story sounds so familiar....an entire transcontiental airbus flight....LOST.

June 2, 2009 at 10:43 pm |
  31. Ritchie & Jill-Port Dover, Ontario

Ritchie & Jill-Port Dover, Ontario-Really sad for the friends and family, they are all in our prayers. We are traveling on Friday in the same type of aircraft and now I am really nervous! This will be my sisters first plane ride ever, so I can imagine what is going through her thoughts now.

June 2, 2009 at 10:43 pm |
  32. Isabel, Brazil

@ Esma

I agree and I like a lot what you said: "eligion doesn’t kill people, people kill people."

June 2, 2009 at 10:43 pm |
  33. Dodie ~ California

Very sad when our home grown kill each other. We don't even have to worry about foreign terrorists!

June 2, 2009 at 10:42 pm |
  34. Cynthia, NC

@Casey Jones, Palm Springs, CA – Spiderman is definitely talented.....but living a little too close to edge for me.......:)

June 2, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  35. Karen C

@David, I imagine that a power supply for the signal can only last so long.

June 2, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  36. John & Kate

Regarding the apparent crash of AF 447, it seems remarkable that the cockpit voice recorder and flight data recorder are not designed to float. We make self inflating life vests with GPS but the "black boxes" sink to the bottom of the sea. Condolences to the families; we have you in our prayers.

June 2, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  37. Isabel, Brazil

@ Eugene Cassidy

I think it is difficult to locate the aircraft because it was in an area of shade where the radars are not enough

June 2, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  38. Mike, Syracuse, NY

@Eugene, GPS works by radio waves, which can't penetrate very far in water. Airliners have GPS, but it would have been destroyed by the crash.

June 2, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  39. Rikki, Fargo, ND

This whole story makes me sick...our men and women in uniform are in my opinion the bravest and most amazing people you'll find anywhere and they deserve nothing but respect...I'm even the type that when we get a loan that come through from a service member or retired service member I get mad if we don't approve it!

June 2, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  40. Esma

Um, religion doesn't kill people, people kill people. He is clearly mentally imbalanced, and doesn't portray any religion with any kind of accuracy.

June 2, 2009 at 10:40 pm |
  41. Leesa

I wonder why our state department almost immediately stated that terrorisim was not suspected. How do they know? Makes me suspicious.

June 2, 2009 at 10:40 pm |
  42. David, Indiana

Why do the locator beacons only work for thirty days? Could they send out a location signal to a satellite?

June 2, 2009 at 10:39 pm |
  43. Eugene Cassidy

Flight 447: I am not understanding why it's so difficult to locate a downed airliner. With GPS an object is pinpointed from outer space. My understanding is the depth of water is not a problem for GPS. Don't large airliners have GPS systems installed?

June 2, 2009 at 10:38 pm |
  44. mac

diane's story proves how important it is to give women a choice, something like this is a personal decision for the women and her family.

June 2, 2009 at 10:38 pm |
  45. Alma

I admire Ms. Elder's courage for what she went through, and for sharing her story. But I am sure it was just as difficult for yesterday's interviewee. The way I see it, both stories are about the same thing-choices. Different choices, but choices all the same. That's what being pro-choice means to me. I'm not pro-abortion; I believe in a woman's right to terminate a pregnancy when she believes it necessary, as well as her right to continue with one against all odds or advice.

June 2, 2009 at 10:37 pm |
  46. starr formerly known as vincent

thank you Tom Foreman for a really comprehensive report regarding the plane crash. It certainly sounds like it could be very difficult to find the black box. Let's pray they do, so the families, & friends can have some kind of closure.

June 2, 2009 at 10:37 pm |
  47. Tia

The story about Angela Diane Elder was very endearing. It was a treat to hear why a mother (Angela's mother) chose not to terminate her pregnancy @ 5 months when she fond out that her uborn child had trisomy 18. It's eyeopening that the woman decided to allow her child (Angela) a natural death. I think more women facing late term abortions should consider the same. Her story makes me want to adopt or become a foster parent in the future. Please thank her for sharing her story.

June 2, 2009 at 10:37 pm |
  48. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Bo goes for a walk!

June 2, 2009 at 10:37 pm |
  49. Karen C

Both stories, last night and tonight merely point up how important this is to be a decision between the families and doctors. What if all women were forced to abort their terminally ill fetus? That is no more right than forcing all women to bear to term, no matter the circumstance. I am glad for this woman that she had the support and the fortitude to make this choice, but it makes it no less complex and issue, nor does it make the option of abortion any less valid.

June 2, 2009 at 10:36 pm |
  50. Esma

I hope they put all the effort they can into finding the boxes, as cumbersome as the ocean floor may be.

June 2, 2009 at 10:36 pm |