May 27th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 05/27/09

Tonight on 360°, signs that recession could be over by the end of the year. That's what a group of leading economists believe. But there is a sobering report out of Detroit on the fate of GM. CNN's Ali Velshi will have the details. Got a question on the economy and your money? Text 360° at 94553. Please be sure to include the letters AC and your name and location in the text.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Scroll down below to join the live chat during the program. It's your chance to share your thoughts on tonight's headlines. Keep in mind, you have a better chance of having your comment get past our moderators if you follow our rules.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Stacey Jackson-NC

Drew Peterson is a sick person I completely agree. In regards to gay marriage I honestly believe gay marriages would last longer than heterosexual marriages. Trust me we manage to screw up our marriages all on our own. I am totally for commitment trust love and honesty.

May 27, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Maggie in MD

What kind of crazy game is that for cheese. It funny but crazy.

May 27, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  3. David, Indiana

A lot of people determined to get that cheese.

Wow Kim Jong Il wrote 15 books in college and golfed 38 under par the first time he golfed. A dicator and a renaissance man.

Glad to hear from Ali Velshi the recession maybe ending looking for the upsurge in the economy for everyone

Good night Isabel, John King, Erica, everyone.

May 27, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  4. Isabel, Brazil

Good night, John King
    Again a great show! Thanks!

Good night, David (Indiana), friends, bloggers, everyone!

See you all tomorrow!

May 27, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  5. johnkingcnn

thanks everyone .... that cheese rolling was .. um ... well i will leave it at bizarre!

May 27, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Suzi, Billerica, MA

Idol, isn't rigge per se, or at least by the show, but with those nonstop multiple dialing programs and entire states or PR for one contestant, it isn't neccessariy based on who is the best liked singer, but who has the combination of best singing, personality and people with either a vested interest or fanatisism to vote vote vote. It should be one vote per phone or text line and then it would be a fairer vote.

May 27, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  7. Heather - Spokane, WA

I love cheese but 8 pounds would make me very sick! Have a good night everyone

May 27, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Don, WA

I've been an avid "hill-roller" my entire life – I just never gave it up.

May 27, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  9. LisaL - Canada

the cheese roll just never gets old!

May 27, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  10. Andreas

North Korea is an enourmous threat for the security of the world. We the people have to realize that we are being controlled by the powers to be. The truth is that we the US has funded North Korea to develope Nuclear weapons...and now the plan is being executed to push for a Asian Union...it may lead to a WWIII. Very delicate situation

May 27, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  11. Chris Sosa - Boston, MA

Goodnight, everyone! Thanks for filling in, John! Always a pleasure.

May 27, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  12. Esma

Now that's just cheesy....but it would be funny to see Anderson chasing everyone off of "his" hill with a broom. I'm just saying...
    Goodnight, everyone!!!

May 27, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  13. starr formerly known as vincent

Good night John King, it's been great to have you fill in for Anderson !
    Good night entire 360 team.

Good night fellow bloggers.

May 27, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  14. Krasi, Houston, TX

What wouldn't people do for cheese....:)

Good nite!

May 27, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  15. Miss J

I remember this cheese rolling contest from last year. Too funny.

May 27, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  16. BettyAnn,Nacogdoches,TX

Goodnight all! That shot is "cheesy"!

May 27, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  17. denese Winchester

That looks like real good fun. I'd love to chase cheese some day. Relieve the Stress abit 🙂

May 27, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  18. Rikki, Fargo, ND

Interesting shot! It looks dangerous! 🙂

Good night John, Erica and fellow bloggers! Hope you all have a good night and a great weekend! Its almost here! 🙂

May 27, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  19. Lori from IL

It's getting close to that time -

Good show tonight, John King - hope you're back for the rest of the week (and that Anderson Cooper is enjoying his well deserved vacation.)

Good chatting with you tonight, Fellow Bloggers - always enjoy this part of the show.

Until tomorrow night....peace.....

May 27, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  20. John O, Atlanta

I sleep better at night knowing that we have an intelligent, articulate, moderate and patient leader in the White House and the State Department. With the latest moves by North Korea, having a nut case in the White House would doom us all.

May 27, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  21. Krasi, Houston, TX

@Suzi, what can I say, I agree. If your gay neighbours are married and live together, but you don't even see or meet them, it will only bother you if you try really hard to think about them. And why you'd do that, have no idea.

May 27, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  22. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night John, Erica, David G, Edurrado (Ed Henry) and my friend twitter/facebook bloggers!!!!!!!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! 😀
    See you tomorrow night!!!!
    Day of the shot with People are chasing get chesse down the hill!!! That's great shot!!!!! I want chase to race for chesse!!! LOL!

May 27, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  23. Jasmine-Spokane, WA (Spokandyland)

OH I know what the shot is! It's a competition that has actually been going on for generations, forgot the country but you get to keep the cheese and get another prize.

May 27, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  24. Anthonia-califonia

Ohgeez! everthing happens for a reason. Eventhough Adam Lambert didnt win Idol, but i still think Adam will probably become more popular than Kris Allen!!

Good Night all! great show!

May 27, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  25. BettyAnn,Nacogdoches,TX

Hey Erica! You did the 360 bulletin extremely well! Nobody does it better~

May 27, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  26. Jasmine-Spokane, WA (Spokandyland)

oh laughter, always makes people happy!

May 27, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  27. Theresa, TX

I was one of many who actually knew in my lifetime there would be a black president, then I know in my lifetime there will be equality! NOH8

May 27, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  28. dorothy

Every time Idol is on there is always someone saying the vote was rigged. Nuff.......................

May 27, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  29. Esma

Just when I thought Drew Peterson couldn't be any creepier and obnoxious, he just has to prove me wrong.

May 27, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  30. Isabel, Brazil

@ David, Indiana

About Fiat want a part of GM, I heard a large Brazilian tax lawyer with offices in Brazil and USA, commenting on this, but I do not know if it's fact

May 27, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  31. Corey B.

Barack needs to really take North Korea seriously..stop running to the U.N. North Korea obviously doesn't care we need to press that button and give them what they deserve!

May 27, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  32. Miss J

I can’t beleive Ted Olsen is for gay marriage rights! But, i’m glad he is!

Yeah, that's something.