May 26th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 05/26/09

Tonight on 360°, protests from coast to coast after California's Supreme Court upheld a
ban on same-sex marriages today that voters passed in November. The fight isn't over.
We'll bring you the latest.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Dodie ~ California

Good night... looking forward to seeing John King on the weekend

May 26, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  2. Lori from IL

John King - thanks for a great show tonight. (I love you blogging with us throughout the show.) I really enjoy your Sunday show and like seeing you on 360.

Yeah, Susan Boyle - great way to end the night.

I've enjoyed the chat tonight, Fellow Bloggers -

Until tomorrow night......peace.....

May 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  3. David, Indiana

I'm glad to hear the Hausers are going home, very rough for the mother and son to be on the run, I hope they continue working with doctors to find the best treatment, adjust the chemo, use additional treatments if necessary and send them every wish that he gets better soon.

May 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  4. Chris Sosa - Boston, MA

Excellent show! Have a great night, everyone!

May 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  5. Rebekah

I hope this N. Korea thing doesn't go on for much longer. first the economy, then the wars in the middle east, then the drug war in Mexico, and swine flu now N. Korea testing nuclear weapons... god, i really feel for Barack Obama... i'm surprised his hair isn't as grey as Anderson's by now! haha – but seriously, who knew THIS much stuff would be issues just past President Obama's first 100 days!

good night to Erica and John (good job filling in tonite!!)
    can't wait for the special report tomorrow night!

May 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  6. gayle mccauley Malden,Mass.

Goodnight everyone.Peace to all of you and yours.

May 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  7. Isabel

John King,
    Thank you for the excellent show today!
    I really love when you're AC360. You blogging with us, the whole show! It's great!

Good night, John King!!!
    Good night, David (Indiana), friends, bloggers, everyone!

May 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Rikki, Fargo, ND

I watched the Susan Boyle video on the YouTube yesterday, I wasn't incredibly impressed...sorry! No offense to anyone!

Goodnight John it was great to have you tonight! Erica, I have to agree Simon doesn't find the negative he finds the reality...I like that! 🙂 And all my fellow bloggers! Have a great night and a wonderful tomorrow!

May 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Esma

Susan still rocks!
    Goodnight, everyone!!!

May 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  10. Casey Jones, Palm Springs, CA

SUSAN BOYLE YES!!!! My idol!

May 26, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  11. Sylvia

great show tonite John King, watch your show on sundays before i go to church. keep up the good work..much love!!!

May 26, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  12. Miss J

Beautifully done Susan!

May 26, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  13. Isabel

This song is very beautiful and
    Susan is perfect!

May 26, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  14. LisaL - Canada

glad to hear Susan Boyle's beautiful voice again

May 26, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  15. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night John, Erica, David G, Edurrado (Ed Henry) and my friend twitter/facebook bloggers!!!!!!!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! 😀
    See you tomorrow night!!!!

May 26, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  16. Max MI

We need civil unions with full federal and state benefits. I don't care what they call it – but all Americans deserve protection and recognition. We pay single taxes and then get taxed again on the death of a partner. When in reality we live our lives as families with more understanding and compassion for other minorities than we are ever shown. How can this be in 2009?

May 26, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  17. Esma

How can you drive with the hood blocking the windshield!?!?! Oh, wait, I guess you can't...that's both amazing and scary.

May 26, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  18. Karen C

Susan Boyle has a real connection to the music that notches her up above a lot of people. She's fantastic.

May 26, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  19. Rikki, Fargo, ND

That was a crazy clip from that police chase...I do love how it left John speechless...

May 26, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  20. Jasmine-Spokane, WA (Spokandyland)

just saw a high speed car chase yesterday.....

May 26, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  21. Isabel

The swine flu seems to be getting across, but there is danger!

Better care for more than crying later

May 26, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  22. todd

I agree with Casey, Felix and Mike. A marriage seems more reserved for a union that is "under god". Who is anyone that is a believer in a higher god able to cast judgement upon another. After all a person of faith is taught upon all basics and beliefs to love others. Who is anyone else to tell us who to love.

May 26, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  23. Dulcie - Denver

I drove through Texas about 10 years ago. Guess I'm lucky I was never stopped. Then again, I'm a white woman, so that probably had something to do with it.

The behavior of those city officials is shameful. Just shameful, and that former DA is pretty scummy.

May 26, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  24. Jasmine-Spokane, WA (Spokandyland)

seems like highway robbery is the new, train robbery. Maybe we should stop this like that...

May 26, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  25. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Highway robbery are not supposed to steal people's things. They will go to jail for charge steal their property! I think DA will investigation if the cops will be fired by chief!

May 26, 2009 at 10:50 pm |