May 21st, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 05/21/09

Tonight on 360°, a look a small town in Montana that would welcome detainees from Gitmo. Yes, they want them. Right now it's a prison with no prisoners. City officials want to fill it with accused terrorists. We'll take you there.

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast on the prison and tonight's other headlines during the commercials. Watch our WEBCAST

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Roger

Speed Reader:

Everyone who comes from India can easily qualify to be a speed reader.

These guys speak so fast – even faster than a regular US Speed reader.

Roger

May 21, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  2. David, Indiana

@Isabel, just saw your comment thanks.

That was a far reaching discussion with Larry King, Anderson.

Bad football players and drunk pilots, and at least one person out there looking out for everyone's safety. That's good.

Good night Isabel. Good night Anderson, Erica, everyone.

May 21, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  3. Cessy, Chicago

goodnight, anderson!

May 21, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  4. Nattada, Houston TX

Oh my god, It is so funny. 😀

I do not think I could do that even in my own language. I do not think I could catch my breath that fast. Sometime you do speak that fast, Anderson.

Good night Anderson, Erica, AC360 Team, and all bloggers.
    Have a great one.
    Sweet dream all.

May 21, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  5. Isabel

Good night, Anderson!
    A good rest for you

Good night, friends, bloggers!
    Good night, David, Indiana

The show was great! Big clash between AC and Dick Cheney's daughter, more Larry King! Thanks!

May 21, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Lauren--NY

Congratulations to the Planet in Peril team. I hope you all enjoyed the ceremony earlier this evening.

May 21, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  7. Caroline, Los Angeles

I think that speed reader was a waste of taxpayer dollars. I hope he was a volunteer.

May 21, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Maureen T, Canada

And I thought I talked fast!...Thanks Andy and Erica! Good night folks!

May 21, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  9. gayle mccauley Malden,Mass.

As only an auctioneer could do! Goodnight everyone.Peace to all of you and yours.

May 21, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  10. starr formerly known as vincent

Thank you Anderson, entire 360 team & David G. Mark Danner. Tonight's show excellent!

Good night fellow bloggers, very chatty night.

Speed reader – are our tax dollars paying for this?

Congratulations on the Global Conservation Hero Award!! You and your team really deserve it!!

May 21, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  11. Sandra Robertson, GA

I pray Daniel's mother will seek cancer treatment for her son. Every day that passes, without treatment, lessens his chance of survival.

Great show tonight, Anderson. I love the speed reader and Herb the auctioneer.

Good night all.

May 21, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  12. Caroline, Los Angeles

I like Obama's version better.

May 21, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  13. Lori from IL

Sometimes I feel like Anderson is a speed reader, but compared to these guys - I guess not.

May 21, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  14. Christina

Whoa...Speed reader in Congress is awesome!!

May 21, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  15. Mary H. St. Louis, MO

Wow... take a breath buddy...

May 21, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  16. Casey Jones, Palm Springs, CA

YES!!! Actually, AC, you're pretty fast yourself.

May 21, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  17. Isabel

Very fast! Poor of me ... lol ...

May 21, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  18. Cecelia

Tricky Dick Cheney should just stop trying to make the American people believe the lies he has been shoving down our throats for 8 years. He is just evil, in my opinion. This is a person that got 5 deferments during the Viet Nam war – so what gives him any right to make decisiions on war. He should take his parrot of a daughter & fade quietly into the background. His wife also.

May 21, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  19. Daphne, Rutgers NJ

lol @ the Shot. I can't even hear a word they're saying.

May 21, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  20. Fay - California

The Larry King interview was a breath of fresh air after hearing from Dick and Liz Cheney.

Cheney's "rising" poll numbers only prove how easily some ignorant Americans can be fooled AGAIN. The Republicans have nothing to offer but fearmongering.

May 21, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  21. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Anderson!!!!
    Congrats your award “Planet in Peril”!!!!! I am so proud of you!! Including Dr. Sanjay Gupta and Lisa Ling!

Good night Anderson, Erica, David G, Edurrado (Ed Henry) and my friend twitter/facebook bloggers!!!!!!!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! 😀
    See you on Monday night!!!!
    Have great weekend!

Anderson,
    Have a great night, good sleep at home after work!!!! See you on Monday night!!! Have a plenty sleep! 😀

May 21, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  22. Diane Dagenais Turbide

Speed reading! That is so funny...talk about climate change!!!:>)

May 21, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  23. Nilo fro Los Angeles

Anderson I think t was Mary Gordon who wrote 'To a fatherless child, all things are possible and nothing is safe.'

May 21, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  24. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Have a wonderful late night, everyone!

May 21, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  25. Aravind, Miami

Sorry for the kid. I wonder if the kid turns up after an year and is clean of cancer (using some other form of medicine), would the cops drop charges on his mom?

May 21, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  26. Brandi - bottom of the boot

goodnite everyone! great show!

congrats to CNN on the PIP recognition! its really a great program!

May 21, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  27. Lori from IL

About that time -

Good show tonight Anderson - congrats on the Planet in Peril award - and really enjoyed your interview with Larry King.

Lively chat tonight Fellow Bloggers - hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.

Until tomorrow night ..... peace.

May 21, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  28. Casey Jones, Palm Springs, CA

Now THAT'S a great idea! There shold be a speed-reader hired for each of the representative's offices in Washington! Then, no excuses for not reading the bills, etc.

May 21, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  29. Nattada, Houston TX

What!! A drunk pilot and fuel leak together in one bulletin?? How scary.

May 21, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  30. Isabel

Larry King is great!

The loss of a father (or mother) is something that we attached to the rest of life. A piece of our soul is torn from us, there's more willingness to live, but it is accurate.

May 21, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  31. jacqueline, ny

I hope the mother returns with her son and I hope she doesn't get in any trouble. I pray they can work it out somehow
    Goodnight all!

May 21, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  32. Jimmy

The Waterboarding stopped attacks. Is anyone giving credit for that?

May 21, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  33. Gregory of Baltimore

Will somebody please inform Mr. Cheney that he is no longer the Vice President of the United States and that his opinions are no longer relevant in the area of national security. He speaks as if he's still in authority and he's not. Advice is better appreciated when its solicited. He and the previous administration ignored the constitution, the bill of rights and the rule of law. Does he really think the nation is listening to him? Mr. Cheney, life goes on. Get over it. Barak Obama is President!

May 21, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  34. Maureen T, Canada

Oh my goodness Anderson, what an excellent interview with the great Larry King! You really should do more interviews on the show! You are so at ease and relaxed!! Larry King should interview you now Anderson! 🙂

May 21, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  35. anthonia-califonia

I would buy Larry King's book! it sounds so good 🙂
    i like his new hair color "aurburn in today" lol

May 21, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  36. Christina

It is so interesting to me that Larry King sounds like an Atheist, I have always wondered about he view on this because he has met and interviewed so many influential people that have shared their faith such as Joel and Victoria Osteen..

May 21, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  37. Diane Dagenais Turbide

Anderson,

raised in foster homes, it is interesting to hear you and Larry and how similar the loss of a father has the same impacts in life when the father was alive but not part of your life.

May 21, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  38. Nattada, Houston TX

Planet in Peril, congratulation on the award.

Do not be shy and get blushed, Anderson. You deserve it as well as everyone in the PIP team. (But I like it when you do. Thanks, Erica. )

Good job!!

May 21, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  39. Miss J

That Larry King interview is very interesting indeed.

May 21, 2009 at 10:51 pm |