May 18th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 05/18/09

Tonight on 360°, Farrah Fawcett's fight to live. The former "Charlie's Angels" actress is sharing her battle against anal cancer in documentary. 360 M.D. will have the facts on the disease. Who's at risk and more.

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast on tonight's other headlines during the commercials. Watch our WEBCAST

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Daphne, Rutgers NJ

Enjoyed tonight's show 🙂 and I love tonight's The Shot.

Have a good rest Anderson, Erica, AC360 team, and bloggers. See you tomorrow evening.

May 18, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  2. Isabel

Good night, Anderson, David Gergen and Erica!!

Good night, friends, bloggers!
    Good night, David, Indiana

May 18, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  3. Cessy, Chicago

goodnight you all~ see you tomorrow! Buh-bye Anderson!

May 18, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Emma

@Heather, there's never enough:)

May 18, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  5. Lauren--NY

Anderson, glad you had a safe trip–and no, it doesn't show. You look fine.

Niroshina makes a strong point–some coverage on what's happening in Sri Lanka right now would be a welcome addition.

Take care, everyone; have a good night.

May 18, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  6. LisaL - Canada

thriller – a true classic – yes indeed – so functional for any occasion

May 18, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  7. Miss J

I have to go listen to Thriller now. I miss when Michael Jackson was cool! : (

May 18, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  8. starr formerly known as vincent

Thank you Anderson & total 360 team for another broad topics show tonight. Good night too.

Good night fellow bloggers.

Anderson, get some sleep tonight – those red eye fights can be rough (and then a whole show to organize and appear in).

Call me nutty, but i always loved the Thriller album and dance. I think it's great! 242 people...and of course our favorite prison clip. LOL
    YES – Have the crew version – would pay money for that!

May 18, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Cessy, Chicago

how about the AC360 crew do the Thriller dance? we would love to see this 😀

May 18, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  10. Nattada, Houston TX

Beat 360 is so cute tonight, and funny, too.

Michael Jackson never died. haha..Seems like fun to dance in a big group like that.

Good night everyone.
    Have a great week.
    Get some good sleep tonight, Anderson.
    Sweet dreams all.

May 18, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  11. gayle mccauley Malden,Mass.

Loved the shot!! Goodnight everyone.Peace to all of you and yours.

May 18, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  12. Rebekah

"history of sorts" hahah i love those Thriller videos... simply hilarious!!!

goodnite Anderson, Erica, etc. loved tonites show, it was GREAT! =D haha

13. Miss J

I would love to see Anderson & Erica dance to Thriller.

Please please please?

14. Isabel

Good night, Anderson and Erica!!

Good night, friends, bloggers!
    Good night, David, Indiana

I also last week I missed … I was accustomed to finish my day with the liveblog and with the best company!

15. Kristen - University Park, PA

Goodnight folks. Anderson I think you should parody the thriller dance video. Your viewers should definitely enjoy it.

16. Sharon Hastings

It's a terrible waste to rob ourselves of the talents of Americans willing and able to serve in the military just because they are gay. DADT makes no sense. But we've come a long way and I continue to hope this issue will become a non-issue in the near future.

17. Heather - Spokane, WA

How many Thriller videos do we need in our world?

18. Lori from IL

Interesting show tonight -

Good night, all.....

19. Barbara in Boston

My favorite is the AC360 crew dancing to "Single Girls." Bow-wow.

20. Emma

Great show tonight.....have a good night everyone!

21. Esma

Well, this video was certainly, um, "thrilling"...haw haw haw.
    I'm still more impressed by the prisoners than the college kids, and I never thought I'd put a sentence like that together...wow.
    Goodnight, everyone!!!

22. Isabel

360 team should also make a choreography for us bloggers ... 🙂

23. Anthonia-Califonia

I like how the guy had a "micheal jackson" hat on lol
    goodnite every1

24. Dodie ~ California

Good night everyone have a wonderful week

May 18, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  25. Rikki, Fargo, ND

Haha! That was an awesome video...but it just doesn't beat seeing my kid brother do the thriller dance with his drama class! That was awesome! 🙂

Good night Anderson, Erica and fellow bloggers! Have a good night and a wonderful tomorrow!

May 18, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  26. Isabel

Good night, Anderson and Erica!!

Good night, friends, bloggers!
    Good night, David, Indiana

May 18, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  27. Maureen T, Canada

Thanks for being the trooper Andy! In LA yesterday (did you feel that earthquake?) and tonight you are back in NYC! I have to admire your stamina though! When the shows over tonight I suggest you get right home, put that blackberry away and get some well deserved rest. Sweet dreams!

May 18, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  28. Carly

Barbara in Boston... I think it's caught up to him now.

May 18, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  29. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Erica, David G, Edurrado (Ed Henry) and my friend twitter/facebook bloggers!!!!!!!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! 😀
    See you tomorrow night!!!!
    Day of the shot with Michael Jackson group are dancing great job as I can dance! Great shot!! I love the shot! 🙂 LOL!

Anderson,
    Have a great night, good sleep at home after work!!!! See you tomorrow night!!! Have a plenty sleep! 😀

May 18, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  30. leo

I can't believe the family calling it police burtality. How about he should of followed the commands of the officer and none of this would have happened. He brought it on himself a reasonable person would have listen to a police officer.

May 18, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  31. Mike, Syracuse, NY

@Esma, using force to resist arrest IS a violent crime. Police can use the force they feel is needed to protect themselves and the public. As long there was physical resistance to following police attempts to arrest him, physical means to subdue him are permitted.

May 18, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  32. Miss J

I think I would've liked college a lot lot better if I got to dance to Thriller and appear on TV for it. That would've been the highlight of my college years.

May 18, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  33. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good night eveyone. Have a pleasant evening!

May 18, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  34. Minou, New York City

"Swine Flea"....hey, I hope my dog won't catch it.

May 18, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  35. Kathy, Chicago

It was great to see the show again! Have a great night.

May 18, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  36. Jonathan Wilson

It clearly seems that those cops were out to make an example of this teenager.

May 18, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  37. Barbara in Boston

The first lady looks great as always. Keep those arms bare, Michelle. Nice dress!

May 18, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  38. Cervantes Imperial Beach CA

It's no surprise,(police abuse) just go to court any day see all the minorities in endless lines to pay ,tickets.Profiling...

May 18, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  39. David, Indiana

Anderson, when I'm watching the news I think of Daniel Pearl sometimes. I feel terrible for him, his family.

@Patricia Edmonton, I like what you wrote. I pray things turn around for Farrah too.

I don't know if this is appropriate, but if Farrah Fawcett's cancer is localized, has she tried the highly specific, focused, radiation therapy, called radiosurgery, or cyberknife? Delivers radiation to the needed area without affecting healthy tissues as much as conventional radiation. Radiation focused in specific doses from various angles to do this.

May 18, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  40. Jasmine-Spokane, WA (Spokandyland)

lol! We Played Thriller at our prom......the teachers even joined in...what's sad is that our Senior class knows all of the moves.

May 18, 2009 at 10:52 pm |