May 15th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 05/15/09

Tonight on 360°, who's lying? House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the most powerful woman in Washington, or the head of the CIA? At issue, who knew what and when about terror interrogations. We're keeping them honest.

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast on tonight's headlines during the commercials. Watch our WEBCAST

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Jasmine-Spokane, WA (Spokandyland)

the story about narking, can't even think of ratting on someone knowing you could end up dead

May 15, 2009 at 10:34 pm |
  2. Anthonia-califonia

I remember one time when i told my teacher that a student sitting right next me that always cheats on a test. When the student found out, i was later called a snitch. I dont believe snitching is a bad thing to do when someone else is in the wrong..

May 15, 2009 at 10:34 pm |
  3. Minou, New York City

ooohhh, cant wait for the dog update! 🙂

May 15, 2009 at 10:34 pm |
  4. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

Why doesn't anybody stand up for hanmity any more first it's Obama speaking at Notre Dame in defience of life form first conception and now people just stand by while honest people teling the truth are paying the price.

May 15, 2009 at 10:34 pm |
  5. Julie - Boston

stop snitchin is really a cultural thing. I have worked in an environment where someone tried to drug another employee, everyone knew and no one would tell. It is not just on the streets. Everyone refused to "snitch" but admitted to knowing.

May 15, 2009 at 10:34 pm |
  6. Heather - Spokane, WA

Erica, I wanted to let you know that the mic is still on...............Im enjoying listening to the behind the scenes of 360 🙂

May 15, 2009 at 10:33 pm |
  7. Rebekah

Oh, even in high school... there was recently a person who told the principal about kids smoking pot out in the woods and everyone wants to practically kill him now. i'm not saying its a legit threat, because i know that no one in my school (we're quite small – no gangs) would actually kill this guy, but i'm just pointing out that everyone who is a "nark" or a "snitch" pretty much at any age and any where is endangering themselves... pretty sad story.

May 15, 2009 at 10:33 pm |
  8. gail

@ Ana
    Exactly ,you don't forget being told about Torture. That's why I Nancy Pelosi is telling the truth , the very rationale that you have given.

May 15, 2009 at 10:33 pm |
  9. anjasarushka

Anderson, I agree with you!

London is very disgusting after 12 pm. People act crazy and are totally out of controll.

May 15, 2009 at 10:33 pm |
  10. mickey

THE CIA notes are one sided–there should be a policy that the topics discussed in a meeting with congress should require a signature by the persons in the meeting
    Dump on the female =Pelosi
    and the old boys just will be boys get off

May 15, 2009 at 10:32 pm |
  11. starr formerly known as vincent

Joe Johns:

Really good story & report. This has been a problems for years now. From the stories i have read, this is a sentiment all over the country (in the large cities).

The multiple murders of witnesses and jurors throughout the years is a travesty.

There needs to me more (much more) protection for people willing to be a witness (& juror) in court.

May 15, 2009 at 10:32 pm |
  12. Jeremy Morris

I would love to watch Ani DiFranco! Thats great. When is the interview(time and date)?

May 15, 2009 at 10:32 pm |
  13. Dodie from CA

snitchin is greatly needed, but just too dangerous

May 15, 2009 at 10:32 pm |
  14. ericacnn

oops.. for some reason erica's picture is on my post.. sorry erica

May 15, 2009 at 10:31 pm |
  15. Lauren--NY

I was under the impression you had to know the person you were turning in to be a snitch.

May 15, 2009 at 10:31 pm |
  16. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

Good Evening Anderson and Erica i don't think my post got through .

May 15, 2009 at 10:31 pm |
  17. rosemary kurtz

About the drunk British, I fully agree, Anderson, glad to hear your comments. I have never seen so many drunk people falling over in the streets in the evenings and then the next day, bragging about it at work!

May 15, 2009 at 10:31 pm |
  18. LisaL - Canada

people are just killing each other for sport. or money. or just don’t care. if this is the game of life, someone seriously needs to rewrite the rules.

May 15, 2009 at 10:30 pm |
  19. gayle mccauley Malden,Mass.

David Gergen,.There is enough work that needs to be done by this new administration.I say leave the issues surrounding the old administration to,if in fact it is not affecting us today,to the historians.Tough to know though if Pelosi can be trusted.

May 15, 2009 at 10:30 pm |
  20. Esma

This is atrocious, these "gangstas" are nothing but infants with guns, and they need to be treated as such. Go Congressman Cummings!!!

May 15, 2009 at 10:30 pm |
  21. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

That's horrible crime I hear!!!!! My heart goes to his mom who murdered him.......I don't want rappers talking too much power violence, they will go to jail tonight!

May 15, 2009 at 10:30 pm |
  22. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

I thought the swine flu was over too but then i heard on Cnn there was more cases of the flu in NYC someone fell ill .Did they close more schools ?

May 15, 2009 at 10:30 pm |
  23. ericacnn

this stop snitchin movement is a real problem.. and needs to change.

May 15, 2009 at 10:29 pm |
  24. Cessy, Chicago

a cellphone behind bar? is THIS contraband allowed? where is this prison?

sad that teenagers are listening to these thugs!

May 15, 2009 at 10:29 pm |
  25. Martina Ilstad

Anderson if you love English people and their pubs,come to Germany.You have no idea how German have fun .Come to visit cologne or my town Bonn

May 15, 2009 at 10:29 pm |
  26. Minou, New York City

here in harlem you can see ppl wearing "don't snitch" t-shirts from time to time...

May 15, 2009 at 10:29 pm |
  27. lisaonline

people are just killing each other for sport. or money. or just don't care. if this is the game of life, someone seriously needs to rewrite the rules.

May 15, 2009 at 10:28 pm |
  28. Maureen T, Canada

Good evening Anderson. You weren't going to be travelling to England anytimje soon, were you?? 🙂 You can't fault us for enjoying the suds can you?

Maureen T
    A Brit now living in Canada!

May 15, 2009 at 10:28 pm |
  29. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

i Can't tbelieve the story of the guy who went over the water fall in a kayak how is this possible?

May 15, 2009 at 10:28 pm |
  30. juan

Hey anderson.
    where in london did you went out??? pubs close at 2 am not 11. at theres bunch of nice clubs,restaurants and bars on mayfear area that are not what you saw,hope on your next stop in london you get better intell on where to go.all the best

May 15, 2009 at 10:28 pm |
  31. Cessy, Chicago

Stop snitchin' victim...so sad

May 15, 2009 at 10:28 pm |
  32. Miranda Huntington Beach Orange County, CA

Mr. Gergen

It would be nice if the politicians and the use of their time actually focused on important things yet I believe if something is brought up in which the truth needs to be found out it should be pursued to completion.People pursuing the truth and the president being able to do his job while it is going on are two different things and can be done simultaneously.

May 15, 2009 at 10:28 pm |
  33. Lori from IL

Always enjoy and appreciate Fareed Zakaria's reports.

May 15, 2009 at 10:27 pm |
  34. Minou, New York City

I'll check it out, Erica. Sounds interesting.

May 15, 2009 at 10:27 pm |
  35. Dulcie - Denver

Uh... you have an open mike. I'm hearing your conversation about drunk people and bathrooms is it? Oh, and that Anderson is a party pooper.

May 15, 2009 at 10:27 pm |
  36. Dodie from CA

Erica. Now that sounds very interesting.... looking forward to it.

May 15, 2009 at 10:27 pm |
  37. Don, WA

Sounds like AC is hitt'en all the right pubs in england. It just always seems worse the next day.

May 15, 2009 at 10:26 pm |
  38. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

@Erica I love Peter Gabriel 's music he has done humanitarian work with amensty international .

May 15, 2009 at 10:26 pm |
  39. anjasarushka

Anderson, Erica glad to be with you tonight!

Professor David, I never saw such a wisdom! I really like your comments. I admire the way you analyze everything and keep a balance.

Anja

May 15, 2009 at 10:26 pm |
  40. starr formerly known as vincent

Hi David G.

In answer to your question, yes there should be an INDEPENDENT investigation of the Bush/Cheney administration.

There are serious allegations being made and the American people deserve to know what the people they voted for actually did.

As for me, i think it's important so that we don't make those "mistakes"
    again.

May 15, 2009 at 10:25 pm |
  41. Lori from IL

Okay, Anderson, so how do you really feel about England when the pubs close?! Too funny, LOL!

May 15, 2009 at 10:25 pm |
  42. Shehan Jayawardena, Milwaukee WI

I so agree with you about London... Try going to their 'Undergroud' tube station after midnight...My love for America immediately grew... LOL.

May 15, 2009 at 10:25 pm |
  43. Jasmine-Spokane, WA (Spokandyland)

So much anger Anderson.....

Happy Friday! 😀

May 15, 2009 at 10:24 pm |
  44. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

The GOP is trying to dicredit Nancy Pelosi i don't beleive that she knew of this ,but then again politicans are not very honest.

May 15, 2009 at 10:24 pm |
  45. Jenny Hurley

Re: Pelosi/CIA
    Bob Graham has kept special notebooks of all events in his life for years. He even records when he woke up and what he ate, etc. He says that, in the past, the CIA said that he had been in four meetings. He said that he was in only ONE. His special notebooks proved this. In the past he was on TV with Katie Curic and she saw his notebooks. He started – I believe – when he was a teenager.

Remember the CIA lies in Iran Contra – and another Bush named George!!

May 15, 2009 at 10:24 pm |
  46. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Anderson!!!
    You're kidding me?????? You love England!! pet peeves????? LOL! You're so funny man!!!!!! LOL! Nice!

May 15, 2009 at 10:24 pm |
  47. Casey Jones, Palm Springs, CA

OMG Anderson just dug a grave for himself in the UK. I can hardly wait to hear Richard Quest chime in on ACs "spin!"

May 15, 2009 at 10:24 pm |
  48. ericacnn

I am really looking forward to the upcoming interview with Ani DiFranco. She does work with an incredible organization called WITNESS, started by Peter Gabriel. I did a story on them a few years ago.

The short decsription: WITNESS gives people cameras and other technology to document human rights abuses. People risk their lives to help others... def worth checking out.

May 15, 2009 at 10:23 pm |
  49. sean

why do the so called gangsters think saying whats right is snitching

May 15, 2009 at 10:23 pm |
  50. Paolo

Anderson, I've seen worse in other countries than what you've seen in the UK. Don't worry about it.

May 15, 2009 at 10:23 pm |