April 29th, 2009

Live Blog – Pres. Obama's Press Conference

Here's your chance to comment on President Obama's press conference tonight at 8 p.m. How would you rate his first 100 days in office? What would you ask him?

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")

2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)

3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)

4) No links

5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: 360° Radar
  1. Randall

We all should probably be treating H1N1 as if it's a 6 already, as this thing looks like it'll be there shortly anyway. TX school district is being proactive in doing so. Why wait until it's mandatory or too late to have any effect? Until we know the full magnitude of the effects of this bug, and a reliable means to combat it, let's not have to once again talk about how hindsight is 20/20...

April 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  2. starr formerly known as vincent

I am very impressed with Pres. Obama's intelligence, demeanor, calm & agenda. I initially was concerned as to whether he was "ready" for such a huge responsibility (i supported Clinton, but voted for Obama).

I think he has shown himself to the a man of the times we are in and remain very hopeful that he will suceed in the coming years & problems.

April 29, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  3. Miss J

How sweet hearing John King talk about his beautiful wife, Dana. : )

April 29, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  4. Mike, Syaracuse, NY

Obama an F. Spending money an A+, all other results nonexistent. Apology tour, a national embarrasment.

April 29, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  5. Jacqueline, NY

@ Laura – Va "I cringe to think of what the first 100 days would have looked like with a McCain/Palin administration."

Same here. I think it would have been a nightmare from which there is now awakening from.

April 29, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  6. Laura - Va

Great coverage. CNN Political Team. Great to see you all there at the same time. Sort of like a who's who of CNN all in one room! Have a good evening!

April 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  7. Lori from IL

How did I know that there would be a similar event at 200 days?

April 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  8. Miss J

I am still very happy that I voted for Obama. I cringe to think of what the first 100 days would have looked like with a McCain/Palin administration.

oh my goodness, that could be a scary movie

April 29, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  9. Glen Up North

How about giving Obama an A (close to an A+) with the POTUS's relations with other countries and their leaders? 🙂

April 29, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  10. Laura - Va

@ Michelle. Yes just Fort Worth, not Dallas.

April 29, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  11. Emma

I'm with Jeff and David on this one. I give the President an A-. He shows a lot of promise but I'm still waiting for the results.

April 29, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  12. Laura - Va

April 29, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  13. Maria Jolicoeur

I felt the reporter asked a very interesting question when he asked President Obama what troubled him most in his first onehundred days in office. When I was watching the telecast of the news conference I felt President Obama did look a little sad or troubled and his answer was that he has a lot of important issues to deal with the swine flu epidemic, a recession that is the closest America has had to a real depression,(which included the mortgage crisis, the motor company bailout), ways to make a better fuel efficient vehicle that if the Japanese can make a hybrid car, so can we, his concerns with pollution, a war in the Middle East,and he will always have respect for our servicemen and women in the Armed Forces, the health care in America. He stated he wished his portfolio was thin, that he did not have to have so many investments to make and so many cabinet members needed to fill positions that make these issues become positive issues for Americans. He said his job as president is an important one, but, there are so many other people who are also working in positions that are important to get these issues tackled. That we will overcome these obstacles eventually, but he is also troubled at how long it takes to get these issues resolved. I feel President Obama's first 100 days might have been his most trying and most importantly to learn what had been set before him as important issues during his term in office as President. I feel he looked a little tired, but none the less, for what he has accomplished in the first 100 days in office, he is doing the best job as president as one could expect of him to do.

April 29, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  14. Emma

@Lori, I agree. Spector switched parties because he was worried about his reelection. There's no other reason for the change.

April 29, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  15. Michelle

Miss J I am with you on Nancy Pelosi. The male
    commentators spend way too much time bashing
    Speaker Pelosi.

April 29, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  16. Jacqueline, NY

President Obama has done a lot more in his first 100 days than Bush had done in 8 years... well Bush did do a lot but it wasn't good as all the world now knows.

April 29, 2009 at 10:48 pm |