April 22nd, 2009

Video: Craigslist crime interview

WCVB interviewed one of the victims of the so-called Craigslist crimes.

Filed under: 360° Radar • Crime & Punishment
  1. mac

read the bible, times are changing and many people are shifting their attitudes and life styles. rich get richer, poor get poorer.

people are becoming desparate and doing many things that are right. wars, famine, killing of innocents, the weather, people no longer care.

this guy they should execute, not that it will help people understand thats what you get when you do wrong it wont. they will continue with what they are doing. killing him will just put those people he thinking about killing out of his misery.

April 25, 2009 at 9:05 pm |
  2. jason

this shows to you how dumb people are in the world. A perfectly good kid to mess up his good feature career. I just dont understand how someone could do this or kill there own kids etc. inside these peopel heads has to be a loose screw or something. Or jsut not right in the head.

April 23, 2009 at 2:33 am |
  3. T

I love the reporting Anderson/Randy long time viewer first time blogger. Umm it seems so clear to me that there is a different tone when it is White males comminting crimes as oppose to African-Americans. I thought, still think you're a better reporter than this I look at this as keeping you honest.

T
    San Diego,CA

April 23, 2009 at 2:21 am |
  4. camille

I just dont understand how a person can do something like this and had everything going for him in his life. Have the economy got that bad. OMG

April 23, 2009 at 1:47 am |
  5. mike cain

There is nothing wrong with craigslist, facebook, texting through the cell phone, the problem is people are gullable and will try anything. unless the govt steps steps in and regularly checks the sites then people getting killed, scammed or anything will happen.

the human race has to be controlled, if left uncontrolled will do or kill anyone they can.

jacky chan was right in a way but not with the film industry, with the whole world, the people needs to be controlled and watched closely.

dissagree with that, look at all the CEOs of the company who have bankrupted the world by stealing money, NO CONTROL.

SOMEONE HAS TO TAKE RESPNSIBILITY SOMEWHERE.....

how much have these idiots running these big companies stolen by making their polices with loop holes that no can see or wants to see.

look at aig after the president put a hold on their commissions that they got their commissions

April 22, 2009 at 11:56 pm |
  6. Laurie Mangicaro

Regarding the craigslist story: I'm a psychiatric social worker employed in a jail. Routinely, I deal with incarcerated individuals; some, accused of terrible crimes including serial murder, infanticide, rape, and incest. I have been in the presence of many sociopaths and rarely do they make my hair stand on end, rarely does their presence fill me with fear. They sit across from me smiling, joking, crying, talking and interacting in entirely appropriate ways. I am often amazed at the degree of self-control, charm and normalcy that they project. Thus, I'm not surprised that friends and family of such individuals fail to see their dark side. Most of us can't imagine the impulses that grip the sociopath, so it doesn't surprise me that we don't recognize sociopathology as such when it dwells under our roof. Further, if a sociopath acts out in secret, away from their own community, they may not display abnormal behavior at home as they've fulfilled that need or acted upon that impulse elsewhere.

April 22, 2009 at 11:40 pm |
  7. larry d. mitchell II

if this man did that is nasty, I know some one back in texas that kept womens underwear as trophies on girls from middle school.

April 22, 2009 at 11:25 pm |
  8. Veronica

My ex-husband was a very handsome and intelligent sociopath who was convicted of mortgage fraud. Point is, there was no real way for me to know that he was a sociopath before marrying him. He convinced everyone around him that he was trying to "help" people. He had an incredibly close relationsip with his family and romanced me to the bone.

On your show, someone commented that you should really know a person before getting involved. How can you possibly know? I now advise my single and engaged friends to conduct a background and credit check on the person with whom they are involved. What else can you do?

April 22, 2009 at 11:23 pm |
  9. Ethan

how could someone do this. It is just terrible and it is hard to just think about it. If this guy really did this he should be put behind bars and he should never see the light of day again.

April 22, 2009 at 11:15 pm |
  10. Mike

The craiglist killer is only surprising because he is not black, hispanic, or an illegal inmigrant.....he just look too too white to be a killer.....

April 22, 2009 at 11:10 pm |
  11. Kathy

Hi All,
    Imagine Lori Hacking and Lacy Peterson being given the opportunity of finding out who they were really marrying before the wedding. Hopefully, the girlfriend and her family will thank their lucky stars. This guy is not as smart as he thinks he is and I hope he gets what's coming to him.

April 22, 2009 at 10:35 pm |