April 16th, 2009

Drug traffickers' patron saints

CNN's Karl Penhaul reports Mexican drug traffickers look to a highway bandit and the grim reaper for help.

Filed under: 360° Radar • Mexico
  1. Michael "C" Lorton, Virginia

We all talk about the solutions--the problem is--nobody does aynything about it.

April 17, 2009 at 9:40 am |
  2. singlemom

Curtailing assault weapons does not repress our second ammendment. We still have the right to bare arms, but I do not believe most automatic weapons are necessary. In fact, the more we make, use and sell them, the more violent our streets become. When the second ammendment was made, our founding fathers did not even dream such deadly weapons were possible!
    We definately should never have sold them to other countries, because now they being used against us. How smart was that!!

April 16, 2009 at 10:14 pm |
  3. Rebecca

I respect you and CNN in general. Thus, I respectfully ask that you please inform your viewers the problems in Mexico are limited to the border. As a woman that grew up and studied in Mexico City as an American citizen, I am saddened for the people who are suffering in destinations whose income depends on tourism . What is happening today has been on-going for years – foolish you to think it hasn't. And I feel it is your obligation to look into the history of Mexico in general prior to making these "epiphanies."

April 16, 2009 at 10:11 pm |
  4. charles brundage

With the high resolution satellite imagery available today , would not be the simpliest way to stop the scourge of drugs, to destroy the crops before they become drugs. I do not get it. I know there must be a reason, could someone explain. thank you charles

April 16, 2009 at 9:27 pm |
  5. Vicky

I think I would be more concerned with human trafficking...why is this not mentioned on the news enough? How people are dying and be turned into sex slaves?...alot of children that go missing are probably in this catagory....why doesnt anyone talk about that?
    seems they are more concerned with people smoking a joint, than they are with humans dying.

April 16, 2009 at 9:18 pm |
  6. Isabel Siaba

Drug trafficking is one of the major problems of the contemporary world. Around the world millions of lives are destroyed by their use or as a result.

This is a terrible situation: traffickers in the war, and people helpless in the midst of this war.

April 16, 2009 at 8:40 pm |
  7. Shahab

This whole situation is disgusting and shameful. How could humans act this way? Also, I would love to hear Anderson's view on the potential opening of U.S-Iran relations under Obama. This would be very interesting since I am an Iranian-American myself and have been closely following this unprecedented event.

April 16, 2009 at 8:35 pm |
  8. Joe G. (Illinois)

If you can find a good reason.. a winning argument.. for abortion.. drug trafficking or whatever else you do in life then it all goes to shows…

April 16, 2009 at 8:04 pm |