April 13th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 04/13/09

Tonight on AC360°, we take you inside the cockpit of a plane where a passenger is at the controls after the pilot died in flight. Some very tense moments. Air traffic control operators did an amazing job helping the passenger safely land the plane.

And, don't miss Erica Hill's webcast on the daring landing and tonight's other headlines during the commercials. Watch our WEBCAST

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Anu, China

Yes what happened to the adoption from a shelter idea?
    But the poochie is so cute!! AC is cuter though

April 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  2. Michelle

Great story about Bo Erica. The couple from
    Texas seem very nice.

April 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  3. Sabrina

The dog is too cute. Love the pic of the President running down the hall with Bo!

April 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  4. starr formerly known as vincent

@ Karen Kaufman

Your remarks are right on! This country may have been founded on Freedom of Religion, but the US Constitution Separates church & State!

April 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  5. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I am a little worried for that puppy because neither Michelle nor Barack Obama ever owned a pet. I think their desire to get one has something to do with PR.

April 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  6. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Awwwwww!!! That is so cute puppy as first dog!!!!!!!! Cool! she is so amazing dog!

April 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  7. Renee

Bo is too cute!

April 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  8. Chris Sosa - Boston, MA

@Jack – Don't make me spam you for this costume idea. You mentioned *on the blog* that you won't mention it on the blog. That's just intentionally inciting. Bad form, Mr. Gray! 😛

April 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  9. Jasmine-Spokane, WA

I wish I had a dog.... 🙁

April 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  10. Glen Up North

Jacqueline, Jesus is never quoted as speaking against homosexuality, abortion, or other issues directly. But he _did_ say "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Words that everyone involved should ponder, perhaps more often than they are now.

April 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  11. lynn

Jasmine in Spokane: Well said; my sentiments exactly!!.

April 13, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  12. Maren in Oregon

Forget the bio on the Dog. it's simply the CUTEST thing since sliced bread! Aw-ww-w-wwww!

April 13, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  13. Jim in Canada

I can't believe christian fundamentalists, can still believe homosexuality is a choice and continue to preach anti-gay/homophobic comments.

Their interpretation of the bible is not necessarily the correct one. How come they get to selectively choose which passages they believe in and which they don't?

With this much persecution in the world, why would anybody ever "choose" to be homosexual.

I'd love to see how these fundamentalists would react if somebody in their family turned out to be gay.

You cannot choose your sexual orientation any more than you can choose the color of your skin! So stop telling homosexuals that they are wrong/abominations. They had NO hand in the choice.

April 13, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  14. Maureen T, Canada

What an adorable dog Bo is!! The Obamas are going to have a lot of fun that dog! 🙂

April 13, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  15. vanessa from silver spring, MD

I am so excited about "Bo", the new dog. He is adorable. Great name too.

April 13, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  16. Esma

I like that Bo's name is the President's initials...don't tell me I'm the only one who noticed that.

April 13, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  17. Johnny, KY

Rev. Mel Wright is the kind of Christian, if I were one, I'd want to be. He's pleasant, loving, and honest. Maybe if I work incredibly hard at it, I too can be all those things, but I'm content being atheist while doing so.

He's right about the Conservative Christians. They say "we love you" to my gay friends, but in private? They harbor unmerited hate. It's truly bizarre, and I think it stems from a fear of what gender means, of what love can look like, and how much strength it takes to truly appreciate one another.

April 13, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  18. Isabel

@ Casey Jones

The cause is much greater than the thread. The bias has nothing to do with true Christianity and with the love of neighbor! 🙂

April 13, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  19. Sharon S

I am so happy to see AC back and a good funny show, but of course with serious issues! I love AC360!

April 13, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  20. Karen

The Scandanavian countries have had gay civil unions for years and it seems OK with everyone–could it be that in America we feel The Church has a "copyright" on the term "marriage?"

April 13, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  21. Miss J

Lauren – since when has safety stopped Anderson from going to the scene of a story? Danger and a scene’s volatility is what got him into journalism in the first place, eh?

True but... A congressman just got shot at today in Somalia. Anderson would be a fool to set up camp there again.

April 13, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  22. Dodie from Irvine, CA

@ Karen Kaufman I am just as sick of it as you are... I completely agree with you. We really need separation between Church and State!

Yes, what happened to that?

April 13, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  23. Vanessa, TX

@jack...aw jack...tell! you get us all hyped up.

April 13, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  24. Colomaio's

For too long the enterainment world has this "code" that they are above any retribution for their actions. While there are no real winners in this case, at least there is some accountability for Phil Spectors actions. All people should have to follow the same laws and rules. Just because you have been fortunate to have your 15 minutes of fame expanded doesn't give you the right to think you live by your own set of rules.

April 13, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  25. Carmella

Two different idealogies and they will never agree. One of them said God loves gay people. That is correct, God Loves everyone, but it's the sin that people do that God hates.

April 13, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  26. corey

I hope to see a new security system in place to steer away pirates in the future.

April 13, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  27. Sharna Sugarman

Religion has no business being out there in the public forum. It has no relevence in running a government. Church and State should never dance on the same dance floor. Keep your religion where it belongs. In your heart, home and place of worship. It's like sex keep it private and out of public view. Perhaps then, this world can begin to act like one not at odds or at war over something that is not a tangible force.

April 13, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  28. Esma

@ David Gergen- Thank you, my dear! I needed PR like yours when I was in Grad School.

April 13, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  29. Russ

I love how, because of Christianity we are still having to convince people that there is no such thing as "separate but equal"!!!!

April 13, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  30. Jack Gray

@Erica Hill: Funny you should mention Halloween...I just recently thought of a costume idea...I'll share it with you but not on the blog.

April 13, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  31. Dodie from Irvine, CA

Good night All. Have a wonderful week...

I just do not want to listen to people fighting over Christianity. I am sooooooooo tired of it...

April 13, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  32. Anthony

I would ask why the moral 'majority or minority' feel they have any right whatsoever to dictate in any form or fashion, other people's preferences?

April 13, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  33. Elaine, Des Moines, IA

@Cristy Kirssin, Christianity has always been controversial. But as Tony said it has survived, and will continue to.

April 13, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  34. Cherry B - Ms

@Esma, great idea you had about bringing these guys together

April 13, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  35. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

If Tony Perkins would put half the energy he wastes talking against gay marriage and applied it to talking against divorce maybe he could reduce the divorce rate.

April 13, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  36. Nattada, Houston TX

I forgot to congratulate Don Lemon, Soledad O’brien and Roland Martin. You did a great job.

April 13, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  37. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Helloooooo Jack!!!!!!
    You're so m funny man!!!!! I complete agree with you too!!! LOL!

April 13, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  38. Nattada, Houston TX

I forgot to congratulate Don Lemon, Soledad O’brien and Roland Martin. Great job you guys.

April 13, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  39. Cristy Kirssin

Anderson,

we have to have theese 2 Pastors back... This is a great debate, also, we should hear both sides, and bring this discussion to light!

April 13, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  40. BettyAnn, Nacogodches,TX

@Erica~Jack and SAmmy could get a lot of candy and liq and cigs with those mask! Of course, they might get someone a heart attack

April 13, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  41. Karen Kaufman

Am SO sick of Christian discussions as it relates to politics. Does anyone recall that our constitution seperates Church and State?!!!! Oh, I wish it were so!!!

April 13, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  42. Isabel

How can anyone talk about "hate" while wanting to prove a theory about Christianity!

April 13, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  43. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

We (say) we love you, but we really hate you–ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

April 13, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  44. Sharon S

@Erica, too funny OMG you have to get those mask and make them wear them! LOL

April 13, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  45. Maureen T, Canada

We were taught as children that Jesus loved us all, I don't believe we were taught not to love one another. Let's get back to that!

April 13, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  46. john

no the us should not get involved with high sea priates unless american are involved. We need to keep to our own till we get our own mess cleaned up. We don't need the distraction

April 13, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  47. jacqueline, ny

YES! Jesus Does talk about it in the LIVING Word. He, Jesus is God. He is the same today, yesterday and forever. Just because the times and people have changed, as he has warned us they would, doesn't mean that the homosexuality, incest, killing of the unborn, etc, is right. The masses don't make things right.

Misleading?! Damage. That man makes God out to be a liar. That is horrible and Gob have mercy on your soul... The Okay, his the deal. The events that are happening today, were meant to happen, just as the Bible has teaches us....

April 13, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  48. Cherry B - Ms

Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't God give us all choices? I'm a Christian, but I still feel that the marriage issue is a choice given to us. And none of us should be judging anyone else.

April 13, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  49. starr formerly known as vincent

Mel was right!! God made everybody as they are!

I can't even express how weary i am about these "social issues" from the right!

April 13, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  50. Cristy Kirssin

End of Christian America is an attack on Christianity.....Not fair this combined with the Newsweek article last week..No big deal, God is in control..

April 13, 2009 at 10:46 pm |