April 3rd, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 04/03/09

Tonight on AC360°, new details on the shooting rampage in Binghamton, New York. Plus, is it missile test or a just a communications satellite? Why North Korea has the world on edge tonight. And, Iowa's Supreme Court strikes down the state's ban on same-sex marriage.

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast on the same-sex marriage ruling during the commercials. Do you agree with the justices decision in Iowa? Sound off below. Watch our WEBCAST

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I was wondering where Richard was! He has added a spark to these London shows!

April 3, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  2. Claudia

That was funny. Anderson, I agree with you, who knows what Richard Quest was talking about... do you we need subtitles?

April 3, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  3. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

MIchelle Obama is right to not wear the most expensive brands. What a lady!

April 3, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  4. Saera El Paso, TX

no, Anderson, it's not a "British thing" lol
    kitten heels are basically heels that are 1" and under in height
    i feel terribly girly for knowing that...
    eww

April 3, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  5. Nattada, Houston TX

Good evening Richard Quest. Pleasure to have you again.
    Anderson, I do not quite understand him either, but love him anyway. 😀

Michelle Obama has the look that no model can beat. It is pure and real. It is just grow and people can really feel it.

April 3, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  6. Teresa Cole

Hi Anderson, I live in New Berlin NY which is 56 miles northeast of Binghamton. My family is from Binghamton, I just cant believe how close to home this is. My kids came home telling me they locked down the school they go to also. Unadilla Valley

April 3, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  7. Sabrina

I wish CNN would have shown the dress the First Lady wore to the concert tonight it was gorgeous as was the dress the French President's wife wore.

April 3, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  8. Genevieve M, TX

Is Anderson in the London studio? The set looks different.

April 3, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  9. jennie

I'm liking Richard Quest. I've enjoyed seeing him these last couple of days. I think he should be a regular on AC 360 or have his own show on CNN. Think about it.

April 3, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  10. Heather - Spokane, WA

I think kitten heels are lower high heels

April 3, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  11. Kathy, Chicago

AC, we love ya even if you don't know about girlie things! Love Richard. Have a great week-end! TGIF

April 3, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  12. Maren in Oregon

It's probably no worth as much press as its getting; but she's OUR First Lady and she a beauty!

April 3, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  13. Maria

Happy evening Anderson, AC360 crew, and all blogger
    Sarkozy reaction remind me with french guy attending weeding in Rome 🙂

April 3, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  14. Miss J

I loved the conversation that Anderson and Richard just had. So who was wearing the kitten heels?

April 3, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  15. Magdalene Moise

Hi, Anderson

I'm wirting you from Toronto Canada. Madonna should go and adopt now in my country Haiti. Does she even know where is Haiti? you should look at the globe and see what other options are available. We help as well with our poor children in Haiti Madonna..........

Thanks Anderson

April 3, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  16. vanessa from silver spring, MD

Richard Quest is so funny. Anderson how could u not know what Kitten Heels are?lol

April 3, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  17. Cristy Kirssin

Anderson! Kttten heels are the little heels on flats!! You have to be in the shoe business to know! It's okay, your good at what you do!!

April 3, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  18. Lori from IL

Yeah, Richard Quest!!

Why do I get the feeling that "arggy barggy" (not sure I'm spelling this correctly) has been added to Anderson's vocabulary - and we will be hearing many new phrases on 360!?!

April 3, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  19. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

I like classical stylish clothes, myself. They don't seem to go out of style so easily.

April 3, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  20. Elaine

The comment that it Madonna not making an impact on all the children by adopting one child is ridiculous. It's like the old story of the man walking down the beach tossing starfish that had washed on shore back into the ocean. A friend said, "why do that.. you can't save them all" the man replied, "no, but it made a difference to that one."

April 3, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  21. Minou, New York City

I can't stand kitten heels. They look ugly and you can't walk on them. Make'em high or keep'em flat!

April 3, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  22. Emma

JCrew has really lucked out......no amount of money could buy this kind of endorsement.

April 3, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  23. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I would have to agree with Oscar de la Renta's opinion. Michelle Obama's look may be by JCrew, but some of it looked like Target to me.

April 3, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  24. Isabel

Two different beauties, but two beautiful mulhres! Beautiful, strong, determined and intelligent

April 3, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  25. Rafael Bronx,NY

@Heather

Hey Heather i agree 100% with you. Just because Madonna and Angelia are celebs, that doesn't mean that there not to have the same adoption rules as we normal non celeb people.

April 3, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  26. Fay - California

I thought the First Lady looked fantastic in most of her clothing, with the exception of that odd outfit when she went to visit that girl's school the other day.

April 3, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  27. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

Abnormally normal. Is that like sincerely insincere?

Why are the British papers all tabloid style? I never have understood that.

April 3, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  28. Gary Dulek

The tragedy in Binghamton is the very reason for people to be armed. Nothing is 100% safe but you can bet that the murderer would have been stopped well before killing thirteen people. The police couldn't protect those victims and they won't in the future.

Gary WI

April 3, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  29. starr formerly known as vincent

Richar Quest & the European newspapers!! What a delight on such a sad evening.

We love Richard Quest!!

April 3, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  30. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I love many first lady bow both royal couples....... good job....
    And Richard Quest is right now pick on Anderson!!!!!! LOL nice job Richard!!! I love Anderson's expression face so funny........

April 3, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  31. Heather - Spokane, WA

Sounds like Oscar DeLarenta is a little jealous that Michelle is not wearing his designs

April 3, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  32. Chirenje

I can't belive they can't allow Madonna to adopt a child, this is retarded, that adopted child might help the country after inheriting Madonna's fortune, really sensless people in Malawi. Madonna don't waste your time in Malawi, go to Zimbabwe!

April 3, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  33. Maren in Oregon

I think it hysterically funny, and wonderfully fabulous that she's OUR

April 3, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  34. Greg, Austin Tx

They sure have a ton of newspapers over there. Great seeing you again Richard.

April 3, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  35. Beth

In regards to Madonna adoption denial...Here's a thought...why doesn't she adopt one on the millions of children in the United States that are awaiting adoption? She should have no problems here...

April 3, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  36. melissa

About Madonna, I think that if madonna wants to adopt a child in need she should be allowed. Its one less child in poverty, one less orphan.

April 3, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  37. Isabel (Montreal)

Hello Anderson,
    Congrats on the excellent coverage from London! A somber Friday indeed back in the US. May the families impacted find peace and consolation.

April 3, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  38. KarenT

Our President and Ms Bruni kissed at the dinner this evening.

April 3, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  39. Nattada, Houston TX

I am a supporter for everyone who has a kind heart and want to adopt a child, including Madonna. She has shown that she is sincere and has the pure intention of helping children. The girl will have a good life, I believe. Hope she will get the adoption.

April 3, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  40. Robin in Tampa, FL

Ha you managed to smuggle Richard Quest through customs!

April 3, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  41. Emma

I honestly don't care what they wear. I just hope the First Ladies will be known for more than just their clothes.

April 3, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  42. Cristy Kirssin

OMG! Richard Quest is back!! How cool! My wish came true! Having both Anderson and Quest together in the studio! How cool!!

April 3, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  43. Minou, New York City

Thanks for the dose of Quest! 🙂

April 3, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  44. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

Thank goodness at least I get the pleasure of seeing Richard and AC together! So fun and enlightening, aren't they?

April 3, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  45. gerry

I can't remember a President and First Lady presenting America as well as The Obama's have in Europe this week. It certainly is going a long way to improving America's positon i nthe word which was badly needed.

April 3, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  46. Richmond

Critics should leave Madonna a lone and rather encourage her in her desire to give a child a better life. She has proved beyond doubt how much she cares for the welfare of underprivileged children by her charitable giving. Her example might even encourage couples in Malawi to adopt these children.

April 3, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  47. Robin in Tampa, FL

I'm glad that Madonna was denied the adoption,

People are not pets...

April 3, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  48. Cristy Kirssin

I think I saw Mrs. Sarkozi play the guitar and sing on a talk show before.. she was really talented and really good!

April 3, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  49. Scott Bumgardner

Why is Madonna's failed adoption in Africa news? There are thousands of normal people trying to adopt that need help and don't have the money of Madonna's.

April 3, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  50. Heather - Spokane, WA

It makes me wonder if Angelina Jolie got the same 'Special' treatment that Madonna did the first time she adopted or when she adopted the other few times. They need to go through the same rules that the rest of us have to go through

April 3, 2009 at 10:48 pm |