April 2nd, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 04/02/09

Tonight on AC360°, Anderson has a wrap of the G20 summit in London – the hits and misses. See what the world leaders are vowing to do to fix the global economy.

Plus, don't miss Erica Hill's webcast on the G20 and the indictment of former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich during the commercials. Watch our WEBCAST

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Lori from IL

Our First Lady is amazing -

Oh - this is going to be good Anderson vs. Richard - and Richard wins - coffee for everyone!!!!

Please, please find a reason to have Richard on tomorrow night - or at least soon.

April 2, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  2. jane MI

Good evening everyone,

My nephew works in London but was told he had the week off due to all the protesting and chance for violence...It's good he's not dwtn

I'm glad to hear of the +'s since the G20...It does seem more hopeful...
    Pres Obama and First Lady is doing a wonderful job!!! It's so refreshing to see so much diplomacy in the works lately (making up for last 8yrs)

Hope the Anderson and the AC crew get some down time and enjoy a brew – there's some great old pubs there...Stay safe...Goodnight

April 2, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  3. Andrea, TN

"the extraordinary nature of her ordinariness" that's a super-apt way of describing Ms. Obama, Richard. Love it.

April 2, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  4. Maureen T, Canada

Michelle Obama is one great woman! What a wonderful speech! She is truly inspirational and she is just as ordinary as you and I!! Those lucky young women!!

April 2, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  5. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Richard had newspaper to show Anderson. Anderson is laughing now.... as I!!!!! LOL!

April 2, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  6. Elaine, Des Moines, IA

Michelle Obama is a role model not only for African American women but for all women. I really admire her.

April 2, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  7. Caroline, Los Angeles

What the heck is doh-ha?

April 2, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  8. Glen Up North

As much as I know I'm going to sound like I'm demonstrating dark humor here... even gas station robbers need to worry about daycare and babysitting. Had he left his daughter alone at home while he robbed the station, we probably would be just as vexed.

April 2, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  9. May-Tennessee

Good night everyone! See you all tomorrow. Great show tonight.

April 2, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  10. Emma

Richard Quest is hilarious.

April 2, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  11. KarenT

@Cristy...she uses her background to be an inspiration to these girls. She is telling them they can do wonderful things with their lives.

April 2, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  12. Fay - California

The First Lady seems to have a wonderful rapport with young people.

April 2, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  13. Sam M.

9 years old. I couldn't imagine she wouldn't understand. My sister is close to that age. She understands more than what I give her credit for.

April 2, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  14. Anthonia-California

Michelle Obama is very inspirational :]

April 2, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  15. Rikki, Fargo, ND

I love and am so proud that we get to claim Michelle Obama as our First Lady! She's definitely a rock star! Amazing!

April 2, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  16. Sean McLarney (Philadelphia)

Richard Quest's reports from London are so refreshing, and with a unique twist (entertaining too). Please have more from him on a regular basis.

Great job, AC360!

April 2, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  17. Cristy Kirssin

There was something in your story Michelle!! You are where you are because of your backround.....empower women this way!!

April 2, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  18. starr formerly known as vincent

I have to be honest...the way Michele Obama was portrayed during the election was not necessarily complementary.....

However, i just can't say enough about the terrifically classy woman. She is sincere, honest and a wonderful example for all young women!

April 2, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  19. jacqueline, ny

Hey, Michelle Obama for President! Yay!

April 2, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  20. Miss J

Like the First Lady – I love being smart too. I just wish I had her arms.

April 2, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  21. Isabel

Cool! we see the thrill of first lady Michelle.

I like people to feel emotion. This is life!

April 2, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  22. Dodie from Irvine, CA

Michelle Obama wears her emotions on her sleeve.... it takes a very strong person to be able to do that. She is courageous!

April 2, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  23. Caroline, Los Angeles

Michelle has so much humbleness. It's so great.

April 2, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  24. Cessy, Chicago

Blago, who? oh, him! yeah. sadly, this is not the end of Blago.
    more interesting is that what happens next... more political names to be revealed in connection with Blago. Stay tuned!

April 2, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  25. Mitch, California

President Obama and First Lady Michelle, everything set aside of what was accomplished at G-20, the dislike and dis-trust of America is not so much an issuse like it was during the Bush era. America once again is respected, by we elected a cool First family, and African American to boot.

April 2, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  26. Vicki in NJ

Michelle is a Rock Star!
    She is classy & beautiful & represents the USA in a wonderful manner. I am proud of her!

April 2, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  27. Glen Up North

@ Jack... just don't play any headbangin' music whenever Blago's around and you should be fine. Or ask him to wear a baseball cap! There, problem solved. 🙂

April 2, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  28. Sharon Hastings

Michelle Obama. Words fail me. She is an amazing woman, so authentic, human, such humility and so capable and able to relate to all in a genuine way. We are so fortunate to have this family represent our country.

April 2, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  29. Isabel

Comparing a husband’s popularity to his wife’s in popularity

April 2, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  30. Genevieve M, TX

That father is a jerk, taking his kid along while he commits a crime? If the clerk was a crazy like one of those you see on cop shows, she (child) might have gotten hurt!

April 2, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  31. Maren in Oregon

It wasn't tough times that drov e that dad into that convenience store, It was the dad himself. So many more people – out of work, down on their luck, without any reason to believe things will get better in time – or every, are NOT comitting armed robbery with their kids in tow!

April 2, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  32. Cristy Kirssin

Michelle should really be coached on her verbage when talking to young woman. She is powerful but should not discredit her backround to serve for the positon she is in rite now.

April 2, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  33. john in shanghai

well, you get rid of God, personal responsibility, preach liberal values in schools and on the news and what do you expect...

We need to stop the slide in the society and teach values all people can appriate and lead to a productive society, like respect, honesty, and the rule of law and hard work

April 2, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  34. Gail

"Mighty Michelle" takes London and the British people fall in love.

April 2, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  35. Rafael Bronx,NY

Good Night Anderson and Erica and my fellow bloogers.

April 2, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  36. Vanessa, El Paso, TX

why would someone do that?? commit a crime w/ your child?? I understand the economy is bad but when ppl commit these types of cimes...killing family, robbing banks, stores...its very sad.. i feel for the little girl

April 2, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  37. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Thanks Simon for coverage who father kidnapped 9 years old caught on tape my hometown state...... I hope police will looking for him to arrest.

April 2, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  38. Renee

Trust me when I say the 9 year old knew what was going on! Kids miss nothing!

April 2, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  39. Miss J

who brings their daughter with them when they’re robbing a gas station?!

Yeah I know – I always make sure to leave the minor relatives of mine at home when I rob a gas station.

April 2, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  40. Isabel

These situations scare me so much

April 2, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  41. Rikki, Fargo, ND

Seriously?! That poor girl, she probably didn't even know what happened at that gas station! Why would you do that in front of your child? I mean I don't understand why you would do that at all...but in front of your child?

I pray the police catch the gunman in Virginia!

April 2, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  42. Maureen T, Canada

I feel sorry for that gentleman robbing the store with his child by his side. He is obviously quite desperate! Hopefully things like this will not catch on!...Copy cat crimes you know?!

April 2, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  43. kim-chicago

Chicago was starting to get a little boring...but have no fear Blago is back!!

April 2, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  44. Cristy Kirssin

I have heard Michelle Obama say that her backround is not typical for a President's wife–what is the ideal that should be standing in her position if she should not?? Just something to think about.

April 2, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  45. starr formerly known as vincent

@ Jack, i agree with other bloggers.....you are easily hypnotized!

The robbery story is a very sad commentary on some peoples' predicaments because of the economy. It does not forgive the action however and i hope that little girl will not suffer any trauma from the incident.

April 2, 2009 at 10:45 pm |
  46. Dodie from Irvine, CA

Good Grief... now make the daughter feel guilty after being scared!

April 2, 2009 at 10:45 pm |
  47. Brandi - bottom of the boot

that man is just creepy!!!

poor little girl.

April 2, 2009 at 10:45 pm |
  48. Cessy, Chicago

looks like this is NOT the first time the little girl on the video have seen this...which makes this story more sad

April 2, 2009 at 10:45 pm |
  49. john in shanghai

not another gun man on the a collage campus

what family values... that is a good example to set

April 2, 2009 at 10:45 pm |
  50. Saera El Paso, TX

who brings their daughter with them when they're robbing a gas station?!

April 2, 2009 at 10:44 pm |