March 31st, 2009

First lady set for world stage

CNN's Erica Hill reports on how Michelle Obama may be received on her first overseas trip as first lady.

Filed under: Erica Hill • Michelle Obama
  1. chad

Michelle Obama has done absolutely nothing, and yet everyone heaps praise on her. Kinda like her husband. As for right now, I am unimpressed with both – taking a wait and see attitude.

March 31, 2009 at 7:55 pm |
  2. Ruby Coria, LA., CA.

Hi Erica, great to see you back.. Michelle is great! see you.

March 31, 2009 at 7:22 pm |
  3. Joyce Grissom-Marshall, TX

Mrs. Obama will do fine. She too will show as Hillary Clinton did, you can be smart, beautiful and involved. She's proof positive that behind every successful man is an exhausted woman. With Michelle it's a smart, fashionable and beautiful first lady.

March 31, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  4. Annie Kate

A great report on Michelle – I think she will be more "substantive" than Jackie Kennedy (who was one of my favorites). Her interests in education is a universal interest and she is such a good role model for how far a good education can take you. I'm proud she is our first lady.

March 31, 2009 at 4:09 pm |
  5. Isabel (Brazil)

@ Sharon S

I agree with you.

First Lady would be (who knows ... will still be) a great president. 🙂

March 31, 2009 at 3:32 pm |
  6. Isabel (Brazil)

First Lady Michelle is a fascinating woman. Intelligent, strong, determined, with a striking personality, but unfortunately what I am noticing is that the media has focused on issues less altruistic about it.

March 31, 2009 at 3:30 pm |
  7. Sharon S

I think Mrs. Obama should have been President instead of Barrack!

I bet she would do a great job!

March 31, 2009 at 2:06 pm |
  8. Michael "C" Lorton, Virginia

All Michelle Obama has to do is to be "Michelle,"-–and that she does so well--

March 31, 2009 at 1:51 pm |
  9. ahtziry

She is smart,and have a carima nothing to be worrrrrryyyyy about it.

March 31, 2009 at 1:23 pm |
  10. meenas17

First lady is getting all the glamour. She will soon get accustomed to the glare. The stage has been set and she will definitely outperform.

March 31, 2009 at 12:55 pm |
  11. Mari

Mrs. Obama will be wonderful. She is an intelligent, gracious and beautiful woman.

ALL of our First Ladies have done their best, its a tough job. I just wish that the critics would heed the old saying, "IF you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all."

March 31, 2009 at 12:50 pm |
  12. Ana Penteado

I think she will blow people's minds with her intelligence. Mrs. Clinton did it, she will certainly do too.

March 31, 2009 at 12:45 pm |