March 27th, 2009

On location: El Paso TX

Anderson Cooper reporting live from El Paso, TX.

Our satellite truck sits alongside the very long border between the US and Mexico.

Filed under: Mexico
  1. adrian Juarez

I love the "rugged" outfit, (rolled sleeves & epilets) that AC wears, really makes you believe that this part of Texas is really the rugged & wild wild west!

March 29, 2009 at 10:44 pm |
  2. Stacey

Unfortunately, I have been unable to view all the specials in their entirety but do have some real questions regarding the safety on the US side of the border... as I write this, I am down visiting my daughter at college at NMSU, roughly 45 minutes down the road from El Paso. In gaging her reactions to all the violence in Juarez, it would seem many college students are unphased by all the media uproar. Infact, shopping trips to El Paso are frequent. You have two colleges (University of Texas El Paso and New Mexico State) in close proximity to the recent violent outbreaks. How safe are our kids???

Her response to all this..... "if we can send troops into other parts of the world to keep the peace why can't we do it right here at home and protect our own country???"

March 27, 2009 at 7:51 pm |
  3. Super Milloo

Hey Anderson, you are doing a great job out there, we have been around the whole world fighting different wars, but the real war is back home on poverty and drugs. I always wondered why we have never aggressively pursued drugs, like we do on the war on terror.

Be Safe

March 27, 2009 at 7:49 pm |
  4. Pepper

I am sure if you investigated more you would find at least one tunnel there in the El Paso area. You can not believe what you have been told that because of the rio that it could not have one, but there is.
    I understand your concern about your safety and for good reason.
    We need to send our troops there and secure our border. They are the only real hope. And for the end of the border fence , what are they going to do about it ? On the weekends El Paso is flooded with the people from Mexico spending the money that came from drug money . Check it out for yourself.

March 27, 2009 at 7:49 pm |
  5. Pamela Robinette

Mr. Cooper

You need to go down to Brownsville, TX and talk with those people whose home and property will be on the "Mexican" side of the fence primarily my mother/ You are more than welcome to contact me and I will give you her contact information. My home is about 7 minutes from the Mexican border

March 27, 2009 at 7:45 pm |
  6. citizen

Hey Anderson go to Zacatecas, and you can actually see these wanted criminals in front of you that somehow, nobody can find.

March 27, 2009 at 7:36 pm |
  7. Michelle Johnson, Lomita, CA

One hard week of work, emotionally and physically grueling, no doubt. Anderson looks tired in this one. He and Team 360 are appreciated!

March 27, 2009 at 7:14 pm |
  8. Danny Garcia

What's the latest info on that marshall?

March 27, 2009 at 7:03 pm |