March 27th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 03/27/09

Tonight on AC360°, Anderson is continuing our special coverage on the "War Next Door". He's still along the U.S.-Mexico border reporting on the drug violence. We think this is an important story that need to be told. Thousands of people have been killed. Tonight, Anderson gives us a look at the gruesome reality of this battle. He reports on a mass grave that's been found in Juarez. Plus, we track how the cartels get their drugs here into the U.S. Do you think American drug users share the blame for the drug war? Some have made that accusation. We'd love to hear your thoughts.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Lori from IL

Good night all - good chat - until Monday .....

March 27, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  2. David, Indiana

@Nattada, I know, it helps if you're nearby

@Isabel, I think the govt does have the pulse of the traffickers

Best wishes Ashley from a live blogger

Maybe the postal service is looking at the 150M house?

Glad the market is up

Great coverage of the war next door Anderson, illuminating and specific.

Goodnight everyone. Have a great weekend

March 27, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  3. Don, WA

It was the humidity controlled silver room that sold me on the Spelling house.

March 27, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Nattada, Houston TX

It has been an awesome show this week. Thank you Anderson and the AC360 team. You did a great job. Hope you all have a safe trip home.

Good and safe night everyone.

Sweet dreams!!

March 27, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  5. Cherry B - Ms

Well, another great show, but I have to get some snacks and get ready for the big Summit. Love those! Thanks Anderson, Randi and Mr Foreman. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

March 27, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  6. Maria

Thanks Anderson and Good night

March 27, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  7. Brandi - bottom of the boot

goodnite all. safe prayers for all near trouble and in pain.

March 27, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Cessy, Chicago

Great show again, Anderson! have a great weekend. Be safe!
    ...goodnight, Randi!

March 27, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Isabel (Brazil)

Good night, Anderson!
    Excellent job. Good rest!

Good night, David and all bloggers

A great weekend

March 27, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  10. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

I have to say that I am spending my share. I have bought a new bed and new shoes. Of course I am laying with my leg up! ha!
    have a nice restful week-end! Love you guys!
    Stay safe!

March 27, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  11. Rafael Bronx,NY

Good Night Anderson and my fellow bloogers and also Anderson and crew get i hope you get home safe. See ya all Monday back here once again.

March 27, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  12. starr formerly known as vincent

It;s that time again, the end of blogging for the week.

Thank you Anderson and crew for excellent and very much needed reporting on the Mexican border, very glad you are all safe. Have a safe and restful weekend.

Good night too, to my fellow bloggers! Stimuating conversation as always.

God have mercy for Felix Batista and his family. My prayers to them.

Very much looking foward to the money summit!!

March 27, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  13. Maria

That is sad

March 27, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  14. Lauren--NY

Anderson and AC360 team, thank you for three incredible nights of coverage. *Please* come home now. Stay safe. My thoughts are with you all. <3 Good night, everyone.

March 27, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  15. Isabel (Brazil)

Anderson,

I’m knowing more about drugs, and I think the this is most complicated problem of cities, and of the US. More until the economic problems.

Congratulations and thanks.
    I wish you a good return and a deserved rest…

March 27, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  16. Maureen T, Canada

Great show Andy! You are great in the field! Maybe you should be in the field more than in the studio!!...Stay safe and hopefully you'll get some well deserved rest this weekend!! Have a good one! xo

March 27, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  17. Cherry B - Ms

Call me silly, but this type of wealth seems a bit disproportionate in the day of thousands of foreclosures and homeless, hungry families

March 27, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  18. Cessy, Chicago

bigger house..bigger place to clean... i like to clean but not THAT much!

who in their right mind would want that kind of house anyway?

March 27, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  19. LisaL - Canada

yes – perhaps the economy and it's intricate twists and turns is headed in a positive direction – keep on truckin'

March 27, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  20. vanessa from silver spring, MD

Goodnight yall. Have a great wknd everybody. Anderson and Crew get home safe.

March 27, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  21. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Have a great week-end Anderson, Randi and FB and twitter amigos!
    Burenos noches! XO's

March 27, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  22. Nattada, Houston TX

Wow..Randi, that is downsizing alright!! I do not think I want to live in that big of a house. I may get lost in there. 🙂

Thanks Randi for your lighter report at the end of the week.

March 27, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  23. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

I have to say, I really have a hard time swallowing these stories about wealthy people at this point in time. This kind of wealth is truly obscene when there are so many trying to figure out how to keep their kids fed, let alone themselves, IN THE U.S!

March 27, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  24. Brandi - bottom of the boot

@bettyann,

exactly, i surely am not dusting that place! lol

March 27, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  25. Rafael Bronx,NY

Anderson you don't like the house. Well It's kinda big for a mansion i mean i seen big mansion but this is the biggest i have seen in my life. I just wonder who will buy it well we could just check off Anderson off the list.

March 27, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  26. Lori from IL

"I don't even like it that much..." Guess Anderson won't be buying the Spelling home! LOL

March 27, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  27. Maren in Oregon

Great series in El Paso and Juarez.. Thank you, Anderson, and the entire 360 Team. Good night. Have a restful weekend.

March 27, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  28. Ricki Campbell

I wish I could do that resizing. – Spelling mansion. Wonder what my friend Bill Gates is up to with his house?

March 27, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  29. Isabel (Brazil)

@ David

Thank you! 🙂

March 27, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  30. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

I don't need a house that big to keep up. Wow!

March 27, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  31. Brandi - bottom of the boot

ha! anderson doesnt even like the house that much!!!

March 27, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  32. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

I have to give credit to Brandi for the info about Rikki, everybody. Rikki and about a dozen others of us are on FB. Great way to know your fellow AC360 BLOGGERS!

March 27, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  33. Lori from IL

Wishing Anderson, Team 360, and Fellow Bloggers a good weekend.

Hopefully everyone in Fargo and the surrounding area will be safe.

I've really enjoyed Anderson's reporting from the border this week. Just hope the 360 team gets a chance to rest this weekend, after I'm sure what have been three grueling (physically and emotionally) days. Anderson looks tired! Thanks for all your hard work, stay safe and Godspeed.

March 27, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  34. Isabel (Brazil)

Who does not want a house, but maintain it must be surreal

March 27, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  35. Maureen T, Canada

A little excessive that Spelling home, don't ya think!?

March 27, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  36. Brandi - bottom of the boot

i hope Mrs. Spelling is forced to give a portion of the sale to her children.

March 27, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  37. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Rikki is alright and has evacuated with her loved ones. Prayers for her and others in that situation. Love and peace to all our fb and twitter friends.

March 27, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  38. Maren in Oregon

Let's see: Aaron Spelling house, $150,000,000.00 AIG bonuses with our bailout money: $165,000,00.00. The rich DO get richer! Don't ya just love it?

March 27, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  39. LisaL - Canada

wow – great house – interesting neighbors. perfect – if you are expecting 100 guests at a time! my big "gotta have"? an indoor swimming pool – all to myself. i could swim every day.

March 27, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  40. Cherry B - Ms

As for legalizing these drugs, that' not about to stop these cartels. Just like some have said, they cut this stuff with talc, etc and will always be able to undercut the legalized stuff.

March 27, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  41. Brandi - bottom of the boot

@barbara and casey,

yes, she has checked in as frequently as possible. she is safe, we are praying for their homes and precious memories now.

March 27, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  42. Nattada, Houston TX

My heart goes to you, Mrs. Loudre. I wish you be strong and keep your hope up. I also wish that you get him back real soon.

March 27, 2009 at 10:50 pm |