March 26th, 2009

The streets of Juarez

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/03/26/art.charlie.onpatrol.jpg caption="On patrol with 55th battalion out of Mexico City, part of 5,000 new soldiers now patrolling Juarez, Mexico."]

Anderson Cooper
AC360° Anchor

Driving through the streets of Juarez. It was once a bustling city, but now seems largely deserted. Boarded up nightclubs. Empty stores.

The American visitors are mostly gone, scared off by the escalating drug war which has turned Juarez into a battleground. A handful of factions have been fighting for control of lucrative drug routes into the US. There have been gun battles in the streets, bodies left in gutters.

The drug cartels pay off police, kill those they can't corrupt. Now 9,500 Mexican military personnel have flooded into Juarez.

"Our deployment here's open-ended," the captain of the unit says,"no one's told us how long we'll be here or how long this will take."

One of the more shocking aspects of this battle is the number of unknown victims. There are hundreds of people likely working for the cartels – low level runners or informants. Many are often found dead, their identities unknown. There are so many that they take their bodies to mass graves and simply dump them in. There simply isn't enough time to do anything else.

A convoy of soldiers just passed me by. They are in full combat mode, helmets on, kevlar vests, rifles

locked and loaded. They have made a difference. The violence has dropped off dramatically the last couple of days, but the cartels are still here, the war goes on, and the drugs continue to cross.

Filed under: 360° Radar • Anderson Cooper • Mexico
  1. Judy

I live in New Mexico and we have some of the cartel here in Albuquerque. This is fact not half truth, not half lies. It is real and it is going on. People that are inisent are caught in the crossfire, thousands dead, all for the money, is that lies or truth, we no it is for the money and the guns are coming from the US shame on us, the NRA does not control that. If people sell it to the cartel who is guilty again the money hungry dealer. Those of you that are covering this story for us please be safe and watch your back it is one dangerous country and they dont care about life just the money.

March 26, 2009 at 3:46 pm |
  2. Buzz Kill

I'm reminded of two things on this topic.

1) Mexico has always been an unstable neighbor. Ever since the Revolution, we have had several excursions into the Mexican state, simply because the government cannot, or will not deal with the issues at hand. Corruption on a mammoth scale. And I live in Chicago, so I speak “fluent corruption.”

2) Remember how making alcohol illegal gave rise to gangs, guns, money and corruption? You do the math.

My brother lives in El Paso and works in Juarez, crosses the border twice a day. On my last visit, I went to Mexico, and as a northerner, I had never really realized that Mexico is a 3rd world country, not unlike Africa.

There are no rational answers till we deal with the points above.

Build the (fire)wall, call out the National Guard, hire more ICE agents and cross your fingers. As the depression deepens, fragile economies crumble, the violence and death will only increase.

March 26, 2009 at 3:45 pm |
  3. Thom

Take care Anderson. I live in El Paso, I know how dangerous things can be there.

March 26, 2009 at 3:43 pm |
  4. Robert

The problem is just as much the US as Mexico. If there were no demand for the illegal drugs in the US there would be no need for drug cartels in Mexico. Let's try and stop drug use first and fix the root of the problem. Who supplies the weapons? The US. Let's concentrate on eliminating the illegal export of guns to Mexico.

March 26, 2009 at 3:42 pm |
  5. Brad

I had a depressing conversation with my teenage stepdaughter about the situation in Juarez. I told her that the illegal drugs that some high school kids use could very likely have come across the border and be part of the root cause of the extreme violence in Juarez and other places. The extent of her disbelief shocked me. We are losing the battle with our kids. We have failed to communicate to them that every dollar spent by Americans on illegal drugs helps to keep murderous battlegrounds like Juarez going. If the money stops flowing, the violence will end. Talk to your kids people!!!

March 26, 2009 at 3:42 pm |
  6. Edward

Solution=Strengthen the Border Patrol from glorified Park Ranger to sophisticated enforcer. Give them the tools and the manpower to do the job right.

As for Mexico, it is a shame but the US Gov is not the World Police and we should stop acting like it. We need to stop making this mistake. Sending aide to Mexico should be the job of private humanitarian organizations that are supplied by good people who want to help not by the US gov who use every US citizen's tax dollars to send aide.

March 26, 2009 at 3:42 pm |
  7. Tom

Well it's sad really, what's happening....
    That being said, if that's what it takes to get some marijuana to America then that's what it takes. It's not like me or the millions of other pot users in this country are going to quit....

Almost all goods cause some kind of collateral damage in order to supply demand (think children making clothing & shoes in Chinese & Indian sweatshops). Marijuana could be a great benefit to this country – both economically & medically. Too bad the governments have driven the risk/reward of the drug trade to the point where wholesale slaughter justifies the dividend. Just tax it 😛

March 26, 2009 at 3:42 pm |
  8. Carlos

How about some investigative reporting into the people behind the money machine? Not all drug lords in Mexico are abscrube King Pins hiding from the law in some secret hide-away. I suspect many of these people in Mexico are powerful, well-respected businessmen and policitians who no one dares to speak out against. They are part of the a weathly, influential and dangerous network of people deeply embedded in Mexican politics, business and judicial system. It is a cancer. But, who dares point their finger at Mr. Mexican CEO, Mr. Circuit Judge, Mr. General or Mr. Well Respected Member of the Community?

March 26, 2009 at 3:41 pm |
  9. cecil

You people are insane...You are letting these left wing gun hating loonies make you belive that the machine guns, grenades and heavy weapons the cartels are using come from the US. This is all a load of crap that they are spreading as an excuse for their gun control agenda. The cartels are getting these weapons from the same people they are getting their cocaine from, the Columbian cartels. I have been to gun shows all over our country and I have never seen hand grenades or heavy weapons for sale.

March 26, 2009 at 3:40 pm |
  10. Alex Hinojosa Jr

The demand will NEVER go away. NO matter what governments do, spend, arrest etc., they will never quell the deamnd. People of all backgrounds, social, economic, and age will crave drugs, like alchohol. There will alwyways be demand for drugs. Drugs are a Commodity. There is a major market for them! There always will be a market for drugs! Legalize drugs, regulate them, tax them and the violence and waste of tax payer's funds on both sides will stop. More revenues from taxation of the regulated drug industry will go to good causes and a new regulated drug industry will bring massive amounts of revenue to both countries and citezenry. Yes there will be negative consequecnes just as there is now with alcohol, but the negative consequences we see now with drugs are much greater than if drugs are legalized and regulated. That is the ONLY way to stop the violence and wastefull spending and time and efforts of government resources. Legalize drugs, regulate them and tax the newly created industry.

March 26, 2009 at 3:38 pm |
  11. craigd

Sad thing is-one does NOT know who truly are the good guys or bad guys in all this! Which cartel is supported by which faction of government (City,State or Federal; civilian or otherwise). Lets not forget – how the Mexican Military was running the open borders, blocking for drug runners. Now we have to put agents at our Port of Exits because Mexico is screaming, it is all our fault. Yes, we are in part to blame BUT, we should not have to pay for security control measures of people entering Mexico (border gates). No problem with agents in open areas, but Mexico needs to install their own measures for who enters their country same as we do for who enters our country. Let us not foget about MX screaming about our unarmed soldier along with Custom Agents at port of Entries. Now its ok for MX to have soldiers with machine guns on the white line dividing the 2 countries? hipocrits.

March 26, 2009 at 3:38 pm |
  12. Allen

Why does everyone think the Mexican people are stupid? Announce that on Friday, April 17, 2009. ALL people trying to cross the border illegally are SUBJECT to be shot. You can still pass into the United States through the customs checkpoints on the border. That has always been legal for Mexicans to come here to shop and visit.

The United States Army will STOP, by force if necessary, anyone trying to come to the United States illegally. The Mexican Army will shoot anyone trying to bring guns or ammunition into Mexico..that's right SHOOT anyone trying to smuggle weapons into their country.

Our people are not stupid. If they KNOW the consequenses of their breaking the law, they might think differently. But on the border, you must be careful. Keep away from the border and you will be fine.

March 26, 2009 at 3:37 pm |
  13. Paula, Colorado

Anderson,
    I'm glad to see your writings on the blog during your drug war coverage.
    It's an extremely sad situation to see what the demand for drugs–and their lucrative trade–has spiraled into.
    Your broadcast was great last night. Your reports are fascinating– though it is tense viewing. I pray you all stay safe. I'm looking forward to your program later.

March 26, 2009 at 3:37 pm |
  14. William

Legalize/Tax

March 26, 2009 at 3:37 pm |
  15. Louise

Carmen, I too have family in El Paso. I remember Juarez as once being a place you could go and it was safe!
    Anderson, I never miss a show and they are all wonderful, this one is particularly insightful. I thank you.

March 26, 2009 at 3:36 pm |
  16. Dave

Perhaps America should just legalize drugs and put these thugs out of business. The money the government could make off of the sales of these drugs could be used for addiction treatment. It can't be any more expensive than imprisoning drug users, can it?

March 26, 2009 at 3:36 pm |
  17. Randy

You watch the US go in and scoop up Mexico after all this is over. The CIA has been very busy in Mexico, the borders are porous, and it's all being done by design.

This is very simply a move to disarm the American public. Plain and simple.

March 26, 2009 at 3:34 pm |
  18. Christian Benton

I lived in El Paso,TX when I was younger and it was commonplace to spend a warm summer afternoon in the cantina's and restaurants of Juarez,Mexico. It is very disheartening to see such an iconic and historic southwestern city descend into violence and chaos. I especially have much sympathy for the poor but resilient Juarenses who have to live in fear as well poverty.

March 26, 2009 at 3:33 pm |
  19. Tony Pearson

Your commentary failed to mention that when the troops go into the homes of the Mexican citizens a majority of them do so under the pretext of looking for drugs and when they cannot find any, they take the family food. The families involved tiene miedo (are afraid) to say anything and end up, in some cases, going hungry. I live in El Paso and do business in Juarez on a daily basis. The troops are good, they seem to have driven the cartels out of town, lets just hope that the troops and the 3,000 Federal Police don't abuse their power too much.

March 26, 2009 at 3:31 pm |
  20. Jorge

Hey Anderson ....i hope all is well, i wish i could be there.....the only solution to this drug war.....fight fire with fire.....we are the United States super power....i only see the the U S GET INVOLVED WHEN they have something to gain......here's my solution
    1. get permission from the mexican gov't to allow special forces to do covert missions and deploy a fighter jet and bomb the drug cartel homes and businesses and believe me we can get his intel......the problem is that we have corrupt gov't officials and people with lots of money that run this gov't........i would do it for free.....

March 26, 2009 at 3:31 pm |
  21. Scott

I have no intention of stopping smoking pot or drinking ancohol – I enjoy both. The drug war going on has nothing to do with the drugs, it's for the control of a black market. If I could grow a couple plants on my balcony, I would – then there would be no black market. Our government is responsible for the arbitrary laws that create these armed cartels. Prohibition never stopped driking in America, it only made the mafia stronger, more lucrative and more violent.
    p.s. Maybe I'll smoke a fat one while I watch your show tonight.
    Good luck!

March 26, 2009 at 3:31 pm |
  22. Steve Q

Time to legalize marijuana...stop this reefer madness.

March 26, 2009 at 3:31 pm |
  23. Carmen

Anderson,
    You and your crew do awesome reporting. Here in Jacksonville Fl, my friends and I watch you every chance we can get. You are on top of the reporting arena! I watched last night. I have family in El Paso. They have told me how bad it is. You told and showed me how bad it is. Thank you for keeping us informed. I just don't know what the answers are? You and your crew, Be safe!

March 26, 2009 at 3:24 pm |
  24. Tim in Arizona

Anderson,

Thanks for a great show! Why can't we make the US-Mexico border as strong as the border crossings were between West and East Germany with mines, on the ground fences, watch towers and shoot on sight orders. That would create thousands of jobs on the US side in construction, military and security plus it would almost eliminate anyone from illegally crossing into the USA.

March 26, 2009 at 3:24 pm |
  25. Jim

Rebecca, people will use drugs simply because they are illegal. No amount of toughening up will work, mostly because the majority of users don't think they'll be caught.

Another way to reduce the demand would be to legalize drugs and allow them to be grown in the states (and tax them). The druggies will end up getting healthier drugs (believe it or not, as bad as the "healthy" drugs would be, the illegal stuff they get now is even worse). Additionally they could be taxed (government revenue), they would probably be cheaper (fewer middlemen, less danger, not as much imported), and it would reduce the desire from people who do it just because they can. Simply make sure the punishment for irresponsible use (such as drinking and drugging) are bad, and crimes committed for the purpose of using drugs or while on drugs (a person who can be proven to be an addict mugs someone) have significantly more severe penalties.

March 26, 2009 at 3:24 pm |
  26. lee, new mexico

The last time I was in Juarez was 1994. I had to bribe a Police Officer who said I ran a red light( which I did not). He did not want my Lic, insurance, or registration. All he wanted was my money and if I did not give it to him I was going to be arested. The problems there are nothing new, this has been going on for decades. The country is corrupt from the top to the bottom. The best thing we can do is try to keep the violence on their side of the border. And I afraid the only way to do that is to close the border and stay out of there.

March 26, 2009 at 3:23 pm |
  27. Juarez Citizen

And you know what the worst thing is?, that we at Juarez have seen many times US citizens crossin over just to buy drugs, drink like stupids and do all kinds of illegal stuff, please, do not be part of the problem, be part of the solution. You, the normal citizen, movie stars and sport stars are the one that have us in this situation, the least you can do is stop buying drugs at the US, you owe us that. Juarez is now one of the safest places in Mexico, you can come with no fear at all, but do not come with the typical US culture because you are not going to be welcome.

March 26, 2009 at 3:23 pm |
  28. Dave Beck (phoenix)

Sure Micheal. Guess who the weenie is. Under your brilliant idea, legalizing drugs would just push up crime. Criminals would have the defense of "the drugs made me do it." Then crime goes up, we accuse the drugs of pushing crime up, and what do we do?? Try to fight the usage of drugs in this country. WAKE UP!!!

Let's just let drug dealers run rampant in our cities, then when your 10 year old boy or girl gets hooked on cocaine, pot, heroin, etc., who is to blame??? The drug dealer? Nope because no one is there to tell him it is illegal. You think a high tax is going to stop people? How are you going to collect the drugs sold on the street corner, in crack houses, by pimps, etc. Your argument doesn't hold much water.

March 26, 2009 at 3:23 pm |
  29. Lee Oates

Excellant Michael. The only people I know who will not allow a real solution are those who, in one way or another, profit from the drug trade. By the way, although my views may sound extreme, they are based on my experiences as a police officer, probation offficer, and psychologist. I am now 70 and retired.

March 26, 2009 at 3:22 pm |
  30. Kyle

It's ridiculous to think that this problem will be solved by toughening gun laws in the US. Forbes magazine just named the leader of the Sinaloa cartel as one of the richest men in the world with an estimated worth over a billion dollars. Getting military grade weapons is not a problem for the cartel no matter what the US gun laws are. Some people will never realize that criminals will continue to get guns illegally and that tough gun laws only affect law-abiding citizens.

The real problem is the lack or commitment of resources to the border on both sides. Mexico has never had a problem with a porous border so long as illegal immigrants are sending billions of dollars back to Mexico every year. Mexico really doesn't have a problem with the drug money coming into Mexico either. The only problem they have is with the escalating violence which they blame on our gun laws... as if no longer selling guns in the the US would result in the cartels throwing rocks instead. It's time to militarize the border and arm the Mexican army to the teeth in order to fight the cartels. It will no doubt be very bloody. But the Mexicans need to ask themselves if they have the stomach to take their country back from the cartels. We'll find out when Calderon is up for re-election.

March 26, 2009 at 3:21 pm |
  31. TBONE

Isn't this just a temporary fix?

The only way this can be corrected is to have a rotation of guards every quarter to avoid corruption. US guards that is! Right?

March 26, 2009 at 3:21 pm |
  32. John

I'm hoping the Mexican military can finally hold the line in Juarez; if not, all bets are off. So far they seem to be doing a very good job of quelling the terrible violence. This indicates that the local law enforcement was corrupt to the core or inept–or both–in fulfilling their duties. Unfortunately, though, it seems that much of the cartel war has simply relocated to Ciudad Chihuahua. It looks like that city may also ultimately need the same remedy.

My hat is off to President Obama for his attention to this grave situation, as well as to Secretary of State Clinton for traveling to Mexico this week. This dilemma is going to demand both countries' serious attention for a very long time. In the end, we'll all be better off.

March 26, 2009 at 3:20 pm |
  33. SN in MN

It's the corruption of the mexican government that causes these problems. Has nothing to do with the US. fighting over resouces and revenue streams happens in almost all 3rd world societies. "Coming soon to your neighborhood" thanks to wall street and our corrupt government.

March 26, 2009 at 3:19 pm |
  34. xyz

Legalization is the key.... The black market economy forces an artificially inflated price & magnifies the greed issue. No, the availability of drugs will not permanently increase drugs usage and create new addicts; A certain percentage of people will become addicts regardless of drugs being legal or not. Troops of primates (monkeys) that live around human civilization have been observed to steal alcoholic beverages when opportunity arises, and that the percentages of tea-totallers, moderate drinkers, and fall-down drunks mirror what we see in the human population.

We need to take the billions of dollars thrown down the drain fighting the war on drugs, and invest it elsewhere in the AMERICAN economy...

March 26, 2009 at 3:17 pm |
  35. KevinM

OK, now that Juarez is boarded up completely shut down the border. Declare a state of emergency and post guards every 100 yards for five miles on either side of the town. Allow no one and nothing to cross the border. That will take away the drug trafficking routes and the cartels will have nothing to fight for. If it works in Juarez, do the same thing along the whole border. Problem solved.

March 26, 2009 at 3:16 pm |
  36. starzzguitar

Blame the U.S. for the violence? Are you kidding? Blame guns from the U.S.? The problem is the corrupt Mexican government that let it get to this point. It's about time they are trying to fix the problem, hope it works. Oh yeah, tighten up the border...hmmm...can't do that....

March 26, 2009 at 3:15 pm |
  37. Michael

Big problem for Mexico and US. Both countries have contributed to the mess with Drugs and guns at the heart of the problem. It is just a matter of time before the fighting spills over into our border town in the US. The Obama Administration appears reluctant to control our borders let alone show that we can control the arms and drugs flowing both ways across the border. US and Mexico need to sit down and develop a joint plan on how to route these cartels out and eliminate them. The Obama admin needs to show some backbone and defend our borders and help Mexico in this effort. A few more border patrol folks is not going to make a difference.

March 26, 2009 at 3:15 pm |
  38. La Mujer

Has the demand for drugs in the US increased in recent years? Or has it always been pretty much the same?

March 26, 2009 at 3:13 pm |
  39. adam

Rikki, good luck to you in Fargo.
    In regards to the drug wars. If the drugs are legalized, the money flow will stop. This is over control of wealth, not a social issue. People have been using drugs LONG before the 60's.

March 26, 2009 at 3:12 pm |
  40. MikeF

This just goes to show you that a federally sponsored "drug war" is not the way to approach this issue. Perhaps it's time we investigate better ideas such as for certain controlled substances to be made legal, and for the government to take over the growing, harvesting, distribution, taxation, and all other areas that are now allowed to be controlled by thugs, armed gangs, and terrorists. I believe that there would be many positive benefits to legalizing marijuana, and I cannot think of any negative benefits that our society could not address with substance abuse counseling and other social programs.

March 26, 2009 at 3:12 pm |
  41. Kyle

The answer is incredibly simple. Legalize drugs so that the black market demand will drop. If pharmacies sell narcotics manufactured by pharaceutical companies then the government can tax the hell out of them, making them just as expensive, but then money will stay in the US and help reduce taxes.

When prohibition was in effect, CRIME SKYROCKETED from the black market implications. Crime also dropped dramatically after the fact. Its simple logic people, use it!

March 26, 2009 at 3:11 pm |
  42. Michael

There is no real "War on Drugs" in the United States. Our "leaders" aren't interested. So, until we decide to stop shoving drugs up our nose, into our veins, and God knows where else, we will be the receiving end for "illegal drugs" and all the horrow that goes along with it. Since Americans these days don't seem to have the will power or patience to take on the hard challenges, let's just legalize all drugs, tax them at the highest level possible, and use this huge tax revenue windfall, along with the tax dollars saved from not allocating our criminal justice resources to arresting, adjudicating, and incarcerating users of drugs and the small time dealers, of small amounts of drugs, and devote that real "economic stimulus" to our Nation's infrastructure, education, military budget, Social Security, Medicare, and all the other things we really can't afford to do right now, as well as, provide treatment for the unpatriotic, spineless addictive personality weenies that can't or won't stop taking drugs.

March 26, 2009 at 3:03 pm |
  43. Sharon

It's time we admit the whole truth, this war on drugs was doomed to fail from the very beginning. As the saying goes if you ignore history you are doomed to repeat it! I guess we didn't learn anything from prohibition at all......As for the guns, we need to enforce the existing laws and take another look at the assault weapon ban the Bush administration let lapse, there are no legitimate civilian needs for assault weapons period!

March 26, 2009 at 3:03 pm |
  44. Mario Lan

The ignorance about firearms on display here is astonishing. The drug cartels in Mexico and Colombia have millions of dollars available for buying weapons. They obtain fully automatic AK rifles, grenades, RPG-7's and anti-tank rockets from the international arms market, weapons often built in the former Warsaw Pact nations. Look at pictrues of Colombian paramilitaries carrying brand new Bulgarian AK rifles. It's insane to think that with those resources the cartels are wasting their time with straw purchases in Texas and New Mexico gun stores or gun shows. Gun control advocates are simply using the Mexico violence as an excuse for their favorite hobby: disarming the American people.

March 26, 2009 at 3:02 pm |
  45. Mikhail

As a foreign national who has lived in both Mexico and Texas, I can say that Juarez' situation is both sad and unfortunate. I remember the hustle and bustle of this once great town to visit. Drugs corrupt everything, and anywhere. Mexico has taken most of the criticism, but in reality it ias just part of the problem. It is easy to corrupt a police officer when the salary they receive is inadequate, or to threat a police commander when the cartels are better armed. But the problem becomes pathetic when well equipped and well payed agents are mixed into the problem. I have not seen one article in any source that reports on US official corruption.
    Really?...no corruption? How can tons of marijuana and methamphetamine flow north and no one is stopping it? how can Kevlar vests. night vision goggles, and .50mm caliber riffles and ammunition go south without any one noticing? Aren't night vision goggles sales restricted?, an I go to Wal Mart and buy Flask Jacket by the dozen and not look suspicious?...

And why is Gov. Perry criticizing the Obama Adm. efforts? Most of the guns used by the cartels are bought in poorly regulated gun shows in Texas, as well as the supply routes for the drugs (San Antonio, Dallas and Houston)...Gov. Perry is quick to protest the measures, but is reluctant to strengthen gun laws or even enforce those already existing... for Texas at least...If you are not part of the solution , then you are part of the problem

March 26, 2009 at 1:52 pm |
  46. Chris Alexander

It's all very sad. The poor merchants in Juarez must be suffering tremendously. We would drive to Juarez from Las Cruces frequently to shop; purchase cheap medications; dine; tour friends around; etc. Now, it's just too risky. I certainly don't have answers for how to solve it.

March 26, 2009 at 1:52 pm |
  47. lpfoong

It's great that you're continuing to report on this because the authorities and us...the people, have to be reminded of the urgency of the matter and find appropriate and effective ways to deal with it. Regular folks are scared and businesses have closed down...that's terrible.
    Be safe and take care.

March 26, 2009 at 1:51 pm |
  48. DC

The government needs to get over themselves and realize the they never had a chance in the drug war. We spend billions in Bolivia to destroy poor farmers coca fields but turn a blind eye in Afganastan....face it people the war on drugs is a joke!

March 26, 2009 at 1:51 pm |
  49. darren

I have watched you since your days on Channel One when I was in Jr. High. I have been watching this story for a couple years now. Please take precautions. These cartels kidnapped an anti-kidnapping expert, and they specifically target reporters and their families. Please continue to bring these stories to the attention of the world, but be safe, Anderson.

These are brazen bad men, who make bold, symbolic, violent moves. Please be careful.

March 26, 2009 at 1:51 pm |
  50. al piatt

At this point there is only one effective solution to illegal drugs coming north and illegal guns going south (if the gun thing is really happening). Place a moratorium on all border crossings until resources can be put in place to inspect every individual and every vehicle that crosses at authorized check points, and seal the entire remainder of the border. I understand that this would shut down trade, but what better incentive to get quick and effective action. Of course, neither the government of Mexico, nor the government of the US will cooperate in effective control of the border because so many of the citizens, ploiticians and businesses of both are getting wealthy, or otherwise benefit from the illegal activity.
    If the law in either country had been agressively enforced from the beginning, the problem would not exist today.

March 26, 2009 at 1:51 pm |