March 26th, 2009

Abducted in Mexico

Randi Kaye meets an American family ambushed and nearly killed while traveling in Mexico.

Filed under: Mexico • Randi Kaye
  1. c

Compton has not had 7,000 murdered in the last year

March 27, 2009 at 10:14 am |
  2. Tina

I are really feel bad for the family who were robbed. But me and my family are planning a trip to mazatlan and are not afraid. What I am afraid of is traveling to compton at night and this is in the United States. Please don't give mexico a bad rap.

March 26, 2009 at 6:51 pm |
  3. Isabel

Very sad to know that people are delivered to the violence, the neglect of governments and to the very lucky.

We have to pray for ourselves and for those who we love for not being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

March 26, 2009 at 3:22 pm |
  4. Rosa Bainbridge

I am trully dissapointed with this "Abducted in Mexico" report. This family said that they have been traveling to Mexico for years and nothing happened in all those years. Also it was not an "abduction", it was a robbery. I watched the report last night and I do not agree with the report or the family. It is really sad that even when they traveled for so long to Mexico and nothing happened before, now they are making a huge deal of this issue that could happen around the corner of their own house in the States.

March 26, 2009 at 3:16 pm |
  5. william

For years we have seen violnce increasing in Mexico for many reasons weather it be drugs, kiddnapping, or just random violence in general. In those many years we have seen travel warnings and restrictions to Mexico. If traveling to a forien country would not common scence take a role in choosing weither or not to go to that country. I quess in this case common scence just go thrown under the bus.

March 26, 2009 at 3:16 pm |
  6. Tommy & Lori Garcia

My wife and I were watching your piece of the family being abducted 9 miles form the Mexican border and we felt horrible with what happened to them. The last still photo your showed of them was in front of the arch in Cabo San Lucas, MX know to all as Newport Bech South because of all the Americans who have homes there. We are Americans with a sport fishing business there and with in the last ten years we have had no trouble with the drug cartels. The economy is bad enough as it is. Please do not show photos of Cabo we were
    1,000 miles south of where there incident took place

March 26, 2009 at 3:11 pm |
  7. erin morrissey

I hope that this family is ok. I have heard that people need to wait on their travels to Mexico.

March 26, 2009 at 12:57 pm |