March 20th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 3/20/09

Tonight on AC360°, Friday fraudsters! Hard times are boom times for scammers who want to steal your money. The recession has only made them more creative. Tonight Joe Johns shows you the ploys these crooks are using – and how you can protect yourself. You may have received some of these calls and emails. They seem to be everywhere these days. We want to keep the live blog on this one topic. So, please share your thoughts on recession scams below.

Don't miss Randi Kaye's webcast during the commercials. Watch our WEBCAST

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")

2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)

3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)

4) No links

5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Cathy Patterns

Michelle Obama is such a role model for the children! I'm with her on those gardens! Nothing like the good feel of mother earth on my hands, and then the real treat comes when harvest!

March 20, 2009 at 11:01 pm |
  2. Bradley

While I was not surprised by the public outcry over the AIG bonuses, I was dismayed by Congress's knew jerk response to tax it. I don't even know if it is legal???? I agree that it does not look good, but these bonuses were negotiated and AIG has contractual abligations to fulfill their agreements with employees.

March 20, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  3. Miranda H.B. CA

Anderson...ooh love the cookie monster he's like the best...though snuffy fill in the blank ... is cool alright have great weekend...again.

Miranda

March 20, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  4. mari, MA

Natasha Richardson's conditon was at first OK, right? Although, she could visit hostital immediately...! Ms. Richardson does not have to be gone, if she wore a helmet and went hospital quickly, as medical doctors have been saying! Does helmet can be an equipment for skiing? It's just like a seat belt.

(I had an epidural hematoma by a car accident, but it was easy to start to fix because my skull and ribs was broke and bleeding. And the docor said "it's hard for people to come to hoapital because usually the victim has NO external injuries.")

March 20, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  5. David, Indiana

Oh I missed too much tonight, sorry again.

Congratulations to Dr. Sanjay Gupta and his family!

Michelle Obama is right to get those kids involved in gardening and healthy eating.

Anderson, very much enjoyed the road to rescue shows and seeing reports from across the country.

Good night everyone

March 20, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  6. Rafael Bronx,NY

Good Night Anderson and Randi and my fellow bloogers. Have all a great weekend and see ya all Monday back here once again.

March 20, 2009 at 11:00 pm |