March 19th, 2009

Thriving in tough times

Anderson talks with his guest about ways Detroit workers can innovate after the industry problems facing the state.

Filed under: Anderson Cooper • Economy • Road to Rescue
  1. Rekha AC

Dear Anderson,

SOmetimes the unspoken plight of poeple can get heartrenting. Where and when are you stopping by today. To stay stable in such hard times is very, very challenging, and for some people can lead to an identity crisis. I have ploughed my mind for many jobs, but i hope the soil for environmental jobs will open up some green-dew hope for popeal like me. I might be a little at the deep end of the ocean to watch your program today and tomorrow. But as always I wish you a safe return home and take some time always to njoy. I always do that. The soul economy is tough and the mental toll is telling. I suppose there is a universal truth to this.
    You should also report on the situation of identity theft, and how people can usurp the freedom of others to their own cynical mental luxury.
    Take care,
    Rekha

March 19, 2009 at 8:38 pm |
  2. Bev McKenzie

For most people we are tired of the negative news you represent day in and day out. It causes depression, anxiety, stress and a sense of hopelessness. When can you all learn to find the positive things that are going on. Like yesterday you reported that 1 in 10 Californians are out of work. It sounded so shocking....the positive language is that 9 out of 10 Californians are working. That is impressive to me....that's a lot of people still making money that can support the economy. Your constant negativism scares people, so if they are making money or not, they are to scared to spend it. The influence you have on this mess is atrocious.

March 19, 2009 at 5:20 pm |
  3. Isabel

For me as good as what people are doing to address the crisis, is to know more about each part of the USA.

I work with Outsourcing and Best Shore for companies in various locations in the US, and know more of each part of the country helps me to know my client. Thank you.

March 19, 2009 at 1:27 pm |
  4. J martin

I am outraged that tax cheat charlie rangel has the nerve to not only tax AIG bonuses @95% of over 250k but and firm that receives TARP effective 12/31/08. This will include any person receiving bonuses over 250K. This will effect every single person in a revenue producing area at any of these Banks or Brokers. Why don't congress give up their pay and earn $1.00 annually like these CEOs are.

hipocracy at its best

March 19, 2009 at 12:29 pm |
  5. Diane N.

I'll give tip on coping with the economy. Ask people who've been poor long before the economy failed. Who've been poor all their lives. Don't patronize the poor, just ask, they know a lot about it. They know a lot about how to ride out sacrifice, they know the dicipline of NOT living beyond their means. Don't ask the poor what they need or how to help. Ask them how they do it, they'll tell you, happily. It's not about asking people who write books or the news or so called experts. Ask someone who is poor.

March 19, 2009 at 12:21 pm |
  6. Gina

Is this financial debacle (AIG, Madoff, corporate tax evasion, etc...) capitalism on crack or what?

March 19, 2009 at 12:20 pm |
  7. Michael "C" Lorton, VA

Innovation is the answer? Re-invent yourself? Intergrate you professional skills with your social skills? Good advice--but without a job and money--dream makers.

March 19, 2009 at 12:19 pm |