March 18th, 2009

Volunteers return to NOLA

A volunteer project in NOLA is a needed stress reliever during tough economic times. Anderson Cooper reports.

1. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

This was a great report by Anderson! Suzanne Mintz is the type of person that will help pull us out of this economic downfall. She challenges the rest of us to do something positive.

I wish her the best of luck!

March 19, 2009 at 12:33 pm |
  2. Lisa L

Dear Anderson,

I find your show relevant to the work I am doing.

I love your happy balance of news stories, especially of people getting the chance and support they need.

I hope you enjoy your travels.

Sincerely,

Lisa L
    Sydney, Australia

March 18, 2009 at 6:03 pm |
  3. Vivian

Of all the reporting done on Beat 360, NOTHING is more important than keeping the story of post-Katrina recovery in front of the public. This is truly a story so reflective of the US – the good, the bad, the reality. Please keep up the good work – and think about ways in which we can lend a hand to those lending a hand. How can we send business to the woman who makes jewelry?

March 18, 2009 at 5:59 pm |
  4. Jerry

When is congress going to stop public held company ceo's and board of directors and etc, from ripping off all the ira investors? Ceo,s and Directors should only recieve compensation of 20 times the lowest paid person working for the co. Also when is congress going to set the proper example and quit accepting $ from lobbyest and quit the outragest pension plan they have. How can they expect business to act when they won't act responsively.

March 18, 2009 at 4:39 pm |
  5. sharon from Indy

Wonderful stories last night on AC360 on the recovery process in NOLA.

As a recovery volunteer returning to NOLA this April- this time with Habitat with Humanity at Camp Hope – we are concerned about the recovery efforts continuing. We have heard that Camp Hope will be closing in June. From your report last night there isn't a lack of volunteers.

March 18, 2009 at 3:49 pm |
  6. Michelle J.

Great story last night ... Where can I sign up to donate my time? I think we all can afford some time to pitch in and help our brothers and sisters! I know sometimes there can be a lot of red tape in doing something like this but I just want to get out there and help. Please, please, please tell me where to go to find information on how to help/volunteer.

Michelle

March 18, 2009 at 3:40 pm |
  7. Jeff G

Anderson,
    Where can I get the follow up video clip, when you interviewed the three folks from the crowd? When they asked the panel of three the specific questions, especially about the networking of FaceBook to generate funds for all those non-profit organizations whose donations have fallen due to the economy. Thanks.

March 18, 2009 at 2:57 pm |
  8. Michelle D. Fonthill,Ontario

Hey Anderson
    Great show last night and thanks for telling the volunteers story.It's so heart warming to know that there are such selfless people who are giving up thier time to go and help them down in New Orleans.
    This is you do best.

March 18, 2009 at 2:07 pm |
  9. Michael "C" Lorton, Virginia

The are good people in this world---it is so sad that that there isn't enough of them--–Hey Bobby Jindal---where is all the money that was allocated to help these poor souls?

March 18, 2009 at 12:41 pm |