March 16th, 2009

Information on Kush Reaching Out

Editor's Note: Tonight Anderson spoke to Gregory Thomas, co-founder of a local gang prevention group called Kush Reaching Out. With stimulus money, Thomas hopes to create after-school and job training programs, and hire dozens of gang outreach workers.

For more information on Kush Reaching Out, you can call Greg Thomas directly at (323) 312-7948. His email address is gthomas@kushinc.org.

Kush Reaching Out Inc.
1609 E 113th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90059.

Filed under: Road to Rescue
  1. KIm

Way to go for putting that up there and make a difference !

March 17, 2009 at 3:33 am |
  2. Stargirl

I'm n Houston & I'm a small business owner of PROJECTSTARZ- my brother is/was n the black disciple gang here in Houston- Chiocagi & he is now serving a 99 year sentence for the worse crime every among our brothers. God forgives. I'm a advocate for Gang Prevention. We seek 2 teach youth gangs education not violence & sex. Please email me if you would like exchange life real store. 5042359247

March 17, 2009 at 1:36 am |
  3. Carol

What happened to the 10 most wanted list.
    It should be the 10,000 most wanted list.
    Now Cooper is on the road see how we little
    peole can survive. I am not interested.

I want to know who what where and when.
    I don't want it covered up or muffled.
    Keep the little people pacified.
    Don't look for the facts keep it quiet.
    I say pursue the truth even if it hurts.
    Even if people get mad. If we don't
    hold these people in the public eye and
    demand the truth and give out penalties it wll
    just keep happening. In the 30's they
    called the bankers, bankster (gangsters).
    We grow quiet they emerge even bolder.
    Keep them in the news!!

March 17, 2009 at 1:19 am |
  4. Ruth

It is refreshing see there are people interested in investing in human capital. The Kush Reaching Out Inc., is a great idea. Gregory Thomas, is example of the light we should be to the world stated throughout the Bible. Human capital is our most precious resource without good human capital there is nothing. Ask major corporations who spend millions of dollars recruiting, training, retaining human capital.

Gregory Thomas and the other co-founder of Kush Reaching Out Inc. are hero's to the kids who other wise have no place to turn to but to gangs.

March 16, 2009 at 11:39 pm |
  5. starr formerly known as vincent

Anderson Cooper did a great job on your story and project.

I am impressed and surprised that an organization like this exists.

Although i live on a fixed income, i am going to try and send a small check (hoping the every little bit helps)

Congrats and continued success.

Blessing to you and your young people.

March 16, 2009 at 11:36 pm |
  6. Isabel, Brazil

After-school and job training programs – this is what the couple needs, especially in comunicadades poor.
    Excellent initiative of Thomas Gregory and Anderson Cooper.

March 16, 2009 at 8:20 pm |