March 4th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 3/04/09

Want to know what we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast during the commercials. Watch our WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Stacy

I can't believe how much time you're spending on Limbaugh. Please stop.

March 4, 2009 at 10:23 pm |
  2. Mike Syracuse, NY

Anderson, keep pressing Begala. There's more to this than what he's admitting to.

March 4, 2009 at 10:23 pm |
  3. Dodie from CA

@Megan Dresslar – Shoreline, WA For Rush his radio station is the white house ~giggle~

March 4, 2009 at 10:23 pm |
  4. James from TN

I know Obama don't have time for Limbough but, I'd pay to watch that debate. Seriously!!

March 4, 2009 at 10:23 pm |
  5. Michelle

Anderson , President Obama does not have to
    care one bit about Llimbaugh. He is his own
    worst enemy.

March 4, 2009 at 10:23 pm |
  6. cindy

I think there is MORE than enough topics to report on than rush..... Come on guys lets move on!

March 4, 2009 at 10:23 pm |
  7. Isabel, Brazil

Good evening, Andeson!

I'm glad you blogging with us!

March 4, 2009 at 10:23 pm |
  8. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

I like that Anderson called-out Begala on his communications with the current administration.

March 4, 2009 at 10:23 pm |
  9. Lori Zibel NH

no way this is a left-wing conspiracy, honestly I feel like the left-wing has better priorities than sabotaging the far right, ie. Rush Limbaugh.

March 4, 2009 at 10:23 pm |
  10. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good eveing Anderson!!!! 😀

March 4, 2009 at 10:23 pm |
  11. Michelle Brown in Los Angeles - Love Obama

Limbaugh is not worthy of a debate with The President of the United States. Was he reading from cards asking the best speaker we have seen in decades (Pres. Obama) to come to his ugly, devisive show w/o cards, teleprompts etc? This is Laughable.

Nicole is talking about lowball Rush, much, much more than the President.

Rush sucks, and he does not need any help destroying his self with those that voted for President Obama.

March 4, 2009 at 10:22 pm |
  12. Ashley - Hamlin, NY

More people didn’t like Limbaugh than Wright? That’s not surprising. Limbaugh thinks he puts pants on every morning that were a gift from god. His arrogance annoys me…partisanship aside.

March 4, 2009 at 10:22 pm |
  13. Sharon S

I do believe they are targeting Rush and I agree Obama seems to need a vilan to be up against! Why not chose a Real One?

March 4, 2009 at 10:22 pm |
  14. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I am sure all of this attention has caused people who don't generally listen to Limbaugh to tune in.

March 4, 2009 at 10:22 pm |
  15. Mary

President Obama will not and should not go on the radio with Rush L. The President has many many more important things to do. In your dreams Rush!

March 4, 2009 at 10:22 pm |
  16. Joe Terrogano

What is the problem? Limbaugh opens his big mouth, makes stupid, hostile comments, and now it's the democrat's fault. didn't the Repub's just call him the Godfather and Wizard of Oz? Didn't Steele, on bended knees, crawl before the Neocon King?

March 4, 2009 at 10:21 pm |
  17. Terry

Great segment on the coordinated attacks on Rush Limbaugh. Begala is not acquitting himself well. Would love to see you interview Rahm E. as well. You don't need to be a fan of Rush (I am not) to see that this is an attempt to change the conversation from uncomfortable topics.

March 4, 2009 at 10:21 pm |
  18. Dodie from CA

Anderson... very good at multi-tasking... I am hearing you in stereo... here in the blog and also on TV. 🙂

March 4, 2009 at 10:21 pm |
  19. Caroline, Los Angeles

I think it is wise for the Democrats to face reality and call it out. The reality is that Rush has a huge audience and when he tells his audience to believe certain things, even when those ideas are false, his audience tends to believe them.

I think it's great that the power of talk radio is being brought out in the open.

March 4, 2009 at 10:21 pm |
  20. gill - north of 49

Evening everyone

Whether the Dem's are strategically manipulating the Limbaugh messaging or not, Limbaugh's ego is big enough to do the job all by himself without any assistance.... Kudos for your persistence in trying to get a confession from the proposed "conspirators" Anderson !

March 4, 2009 at 10:21 pm |
  21. Eric walker, Miami Fl

Limbaugh is a True Republican. He only cares about himself, not the country. Eight years of War on Terror, so sell our ports to UEA, let trucks run up and down the coast from Mexico to Canada. No bid contracts here and abroad, also Medicare part D. The only thing missing were bills or laws that benifited the working class.
    No jobs,education,home,savings and the Republicans are worried about the rich.

March 4, 2009 at 10:21 pm |
  22. Greg, Austin Tx

I hope they televise the Obama/Limbaugh debate. Maybe CNN’s magic hologram machine could drop them into the middle of the Roman colliseum. I’d pay money to see that.

March 4, 2009 at 10:21 pm |
  23. Cessy, Chicago

great to see Randi Kaye tonight...

I'd like to see more of our fellow chicagoan Rahm Emmanuel...

March 4, 2009 at 10:21 pm |
  24. vanessa from silver spring, MD

Paul Begala you speak your mind. I agree with you. How could she say that Rahm started this "food fight", rush did. He's the one who said "I want Obama to fail".

March 4, 2009 at 10:21 pm |
  25. Glen Up North

Good evening, Anderson... If you want chaos, yes by all means, moderate a "debate" including Rush Limbaugh. 😉

March 4, 2009 at 10:20 pm |
  26. Dodie from CA

Good Evening Anderson... nice to see you here...

March 4, 2009 at 10:20 pm |
  27. Kelvin

Good evening Anderson 🙂

March 4, 2009 at 10:20 pm |
  28. Stacy

Anderson, so what if Begala talks to Emmanuel? I don't get the problem here.

March 4, 2009 at 10:20 pm |
  29. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Wow~ it is a hate filled day for the republicans if Rush is all they have going for them. Tisk, tisk

March 4, 2009 at 10:20 pm |
  30. Bridget, TX

Paul, you stay strong and don't let anyone make you back track, like Michael Steele.

March 4, 2009 at 10:19 pm |
  31. Mark - San Francisco

If i'm not mistaken, Limbaugh just recently, late 2008, signed a new multi-million dollar contract with his radio station. He's just upset because when 2010 rolls around, he's gonna help secure the furture of the next generation of americans in a BIG way!

March 4, 2009 at 10:19 pm |
  32. Dodie from CA

Erica.. spoke too soon... it just stopped on me.... maybe I don't have the speed others' do!

March 4, 2009 at 10:19 pm |
  33. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Dodie from CA

Rush sounds jealous of Obama!!! too funny!

Yes Dodie!!!! I agree with you!!!! you have point!

March 4, 2009 at 10:19 pm |
  34. Mike Syracuse, NY

Go get him Anderson. Begalla is clearly lying.

March 4, 2009 at 10:19 pm |
  35. Tracey - Boston

Anyone who has listened to Rush Limbaugh knows, KNOWS he is the a leader of the Republican Party!!

March 4, 2009 at 10:19 pm |
  36. Rusty

Does this Bozo (Limbaugh) REALLY think that the President of the United States is going to come on his program and debate HIM of all people?? Give me a break! Whatever process affected this guy's hearing obviously affected his brain as well.

March 4, 2009 at 10:19 pm |
  37. andersoncnn

good evening everyone...

March 4, 2009 at 10:19 pm |
  38. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

Rush doesn't need to pound on his chest like a gorilla staking his strenght macho way.

March 4, 2009 at 10:19 pm |
  39. Dodie from CA

Good evening Erica... Nice video!

March 4, 2009 at 10:18 pm |
  40. christy

I thought that President Obama was going to bring change to Washington. But this whole thing about Rush just seems like same old, same old to me. Politics as usual. Where's the change?

March 4, 2009 at 10:18 pm |
  41. Isabel, Brazil

@ Sean in Iraq

I agree with you.
    I think Rush Limbaugh is having the poster that he really wanted!
    His statements do not deserve much attention.

Let's use the prime time of AC with things intellectuals! 😉

March 4, 2009 at 10:18 pm |
  42. James from TN

Renee, they got a swing set.

Micheal Steele had my praise for standing up to Rush and then he goes and apologises to this goof ball. What a shame? So much for the GOP.

March 4, 2009 at 10:17 pm |
  43. Casey | Sebastopol, CA

I'd like to see George Clooney and Rush debate!

March 4, 2009 at 10:17 pm |
  44. Shillie, Sioux Falls, SD

I couldn't agree more then what was just said, as long as Rush keeps talking like this, it is going to only benefit the Democrats. He is so out there and is only making the Republicans look worse..

March 4, 2009 at 10:17 pm |
  45. Adam Diamant

Hi Anderson,

With all that is going on in the world today and everyday, do you really need to provide us with "up to the minute" news on the health of former First Lady Barbara Bush? Isn't it enough to simply report the story about her defective heart valve once for a minute or so? After all, she is a long-past First Lady and her health or illness doesn't have any national or international significance. Do we really need to get updates "throughout the night?"

March 4, 2009 at 10:17 pm |
  46. ericacnn

hi, everyone.

amy, i am saddened to hear about the presentation you did on darfur, but hopeful that your presentation inspired your classmates to tell others about darfur.

March 4, 2009 at 10:16 pm |
  47. Sabrina

I don't trust Politico they are owned by a big time Republican. The White House is not going back in forth with this Rush.

March 4, 2009 at 10:16 pm |
  48. Rafael

I don't understand Limbaugh he says he wished Obama to fail. He then later said that he don't support Obama plans but he liked the guy. Now he's calling in Obama to his radio show. I believe he's doing this for ratings.

March 4, 2009 at 10:16 pm |
  49. Anthonia-California

Hey everyone :]

I hate to admit it, but Rush's hand gestures when people chant his name is just beyond hilarious. especially when he does the fist pounding on his chest.

March 4, 2009 at 10:16 pm |
  50. Stacy

Haha. You've got to be kidding me. A left wing conspiracy? No one made Limbaugh open his big fat mouth. I can't believe you're even airing this.

March 4, 2009 at 10:15 pm |