March 4th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 3/04/09

Want to know what we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast during the commercials. Watch our WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Oops, the fans are revolting about Rush! lol

March 4, 2009 at 10:15 pm |
  2. Sharon S

Obama doesn't need Rush to tell everyone he is going to fail, Obama is doing a great job or proving that to us all by himself!

March 4, 2009 at 10:15 pm |
  3. lynn

Limbaugh (like Lou Dobbs) doesn't debate...he shouts and rants and talks right over his guests if he doesn't agree. The egomaniac is probably puffing up with the soap opera CNN is creating!!

Maybe Anderson you could mioderate such a "debate"!!!

March 4, 2009 at 10:15 pm |
  4. Kelli, San Francisco

My father had valve replacement surgery at Walter Reed Hospital 4 years ago and flat-lined on the table for about 60 seconds before they could bring him back. So to me, that's not routine surgery. Sorry Dr. Gupta.

March 4, 2009 at 10:15 pm |
  5. Chris

Please! No more Rush! He's not that interesting to begin with and he only cares about one thing. Attention!

March 4, 2009 at 10:15 pm |
  6. Dodie from CA

Rush sounds jealous of Obama!!! too funny!

7. MaryBeth

I'm so sick of Rush Limbaugh!!!! If the GOP doesn't do something soon, they will be lost forever!!

8. Lauren--NY

I don't really see how this can be a left-wing conspiracy–it's not like they're telling Limbaugh what to say. He's hanging himself with his own words.

David, let's be a little more optimistic about Mrs. Bush's condition...Lucy's surgery was many years ago and medical science has had many advances since then.

9. Rikki, Fargo, ND

President Obama...I meant President Obama and Rush Limbaugh duking it out!...Sorry was reading comments about Former President Bush when I typed that!

10. Katie, FL

ugh, I don't believe were still talking about Rush Limbaugh

11. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I don't know why Rush L have lot problem is targeting people. I am so tired listen him too much stress for me to watch him!

12. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

Plot aimed at Rush Limbaugh sounds quite plausible. Reminds me of Karl Rove, in reverse.

13. Sharon S

I really think it is too funny! all this coverage over what he says! Too stupid!

14. Polly, OH

Uh.
    I seriously doubt the Democrats set this up. Limbaugh has always been this awful of a person.
    Although– Emanuel, Begala, and Carville are a nifty team, and it would be hilarious if this WAS all a silly joke on their part. You get him, boys!

15. Vanessa, TX

YEAH..we don't like Limbaugh..were can I get in this poll? those polls were right

16. James from TN

I agree Lynn, they need to quit reporting on it. The more they report the more he's going to run his mouth.

17. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

I agree with you Betty Ann a real bully child like tanturum Rush Limbaugh can be sent to time out! in the corner !

18. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Hello Bloggers: I'm glad Fmr. First Lady Barbara Bush is doing well and hope it continues. To have a 2 1/2 hour heart surgery when you are in your 80's is a big deal!

March 4, 2009 at 10:13 pm |
  19. Glen Up North

There is only one positive reason I see for airing Limbaugh: to actually be informed of exactly what he's trying to pass as truth, so that people with better sense than he can be prepared to counteract. Apart from that, I don't even want to talk about him.

March 4, 2009 at 10:13 pm |
  20. Dodie from CA

Would like this fighting for power in the GOP end soon. I much prefer to see both parties focused on improving our economy. We do not need the distractions right now.

March 4, 2009 at 10:13 pm |
  21. Sabrina

If Rush wants to debate he should run for public office. Put up or shut up Rush.

March 4, 2009 at 10:13 pm |
  22. Marcia, Warren MI

I believe in the 1st Amendment, but enough Rush.

March 4, 2009 at 10:13 pm |
  23. EJ (USA)

Nice tease Cooper. I’m thinking the Obama girls got a hula hoop.

I was thinking maybe they got their puppy early but then it probably would've been all over the news already.

March 4, 2009 at 10:13 pm |
  24. Sean, Soldier in IRAQ

More on Rush. Why do we antaganize the madness? You know, if we stoped talking about it. Then it wouldn't be an issue, maybe we should focus on... um... ECONOMICS!! HEALTH CARE!! EDUCATION!! WAR!! Anything else in the world.

March 4, 2009 at 10:13 pm |
  25. Cessy, Chicago

Hello Anderson and good evening! everyone....speedy recovery to Mrs. Bush. I'm liking the hair tonight, Anderson...

I wonder if Sasha and Malia named the new pooch, Cooper ? =)

March 4, 2009 at 10:13 pm |
  26. Bridget, TX

Am I the only one sick of seeing Rush on screen? I just hope P. Obama stay away from this mess and he will tell his staff to stay away. They have way too much to do to waste time on this guy who wants the country to fail.

27. Betsy in California

Please, Anderson. Spare us more of the ridiculous "coverage" re Rush Limbaugh. He must be laughing hilariously at having all the media over a proverbial barrel – right where he wants you to be.

Enough is enough already!!!

28. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

I'm guessing it's the dog for the Obama girls yes the dog the breed i can't recall.

29. Helme

hi,
    it seems to me that Barbara Bush had aortic stenosis (since the statement by hospital said 'hardened valve'), not aortic regurgitation as your medical correspondent said. This is a different problem though may present with somewhat similar symptoms such as shortness of breath and heart failure. However, it is much more important to do surgery for aortic stenosis than it is for regurgitation since there is no medical therapy for that problem.
    Helme

30. Sharon S

Oh I think Rush likes stirring things up and so far hes doing a great job!

31. Rikki, Fargo, ND

Humble...not at all! Though I'm not gonna lie I would enjoy listening to President Bush and Rush Limbaugh duke it out on the radio! 🙂

32. Lori from IL

My cousin (late 50's) had this same surgery two years ago and almost died from a reaction to the anesthesia (3 times in the operating room in a 12 hour period) - that was two years ago and he's doing well now. All surgery has risks -

Wishing Mrs. Bush a quick recovery -

33. vanessa from silver spring, MD

Can't believe that Rush challenged POTUS to a debate. Dude! Like POTUS will actually entertain you.

34. Ashley - Hamlin, NY

Rush needs to do up that top button up of shirt. *shudders*. Left-wing conspiracy? Really? Doesn't the man have any real issues to comment on? The left-wingers are too busy trying to actually solve problems.

35. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I am not a fan of Rush's, but I think the Democrats are using him to distract the media from talking about their problems, like the abundance of earmarks in the stimulus package and the Omnibus bill, the failure of Geithner to deliver a plan on what to do with the banks, the letter to Rusia, and other Obama fumbles.

36. jorge PE

hello anderson and blogers

37. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Rush is just a bad child throwing temper tantrums about nothing that makes sense at all. I say ignore him and he'll go away!

38. Renee

Did Sasha and Melia get their dog today? My kids are begging for a dog. Any recommendations on breeds good with kids and about 40 pounds? My house is a very active and busy place.

March 4, 2009 at 10:11 pm |
  39. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

Heart diesease is among women too at and it's not just men all the cases.

March 4, 2009 at 10:11 pm |
  40. Bridget, TX

I'm happy to hear Fmr. First Lady Bush is doing well, may she have a full recovery..

March 4, 2009 at 10:11 pm |
  41. James from TN

Sasha and Lalia got a swing set today. Has the White House ever had a swing set Erica?

March 4, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  42. lynn

CNN is giving Limbaugh as much publicity and encouragement as the Democrates!! If it isn't Blago, it's the octamom and now Limbaugh!!

March 4, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  43. Glen Up North

Democrats want to veto Obama's spending bill? On what principle???

March 4, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  44. Stacy

I'm looking forward to the Clooney interview. Can't say the same about the Limbaugh story.

March 4, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  45. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

I was starting to think the blog wasn't working oh no get Erica Hill to fix it she is the techno savvy gal on the set .

March 4, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  46. EJ (USA)

Barbara Bush’ procedure was the same thing they did to Lucille Ball. Lucy lived 2 days after the procedure, everyone said she would be ok just like they are saying now about Ms. Bush.

I remember that day like it was yesterday! She was in her 70's right? I remember Bob Hope had recently spoke to her and everyone thought she was going to be ok.

March 4, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  47. CLYDE

It's hard for me to think of Barbara Bush as 83 years old! It pains me to see those pics of George (senior) hobbling along.

Oh, and Hi Chris!

March 4, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  48. amy, ontario

hey everyone! : )

I'm glad you guys are doing a story on Darfur. I did a presentation for it in school a couple years ago and not one single student knew about it.

March 4, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  49. Stacy

Hi everyone. Oh, that was an uncool tease because as far as I know, it's a playground, not a puppy.

March 4, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  50. Caroline, Los Angeles

Dr. Gupta is not adding that for many decades studies on heart attacks and heart disease were only performed on men and not on women. That's another reason women's heart problems have not been in the press as much as men's.

Nice tease Cooper. I'm thinking the Obama girls got a hula hoop. 😉