February 27th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 2/27/09

Want to know what we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast during the commercials. Watch our WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Caroline, Los Angeles

Totally missed Regis and Kelly.

Anderson obviously a frozen food guy.

February 27, 2009 at 10:42 pm |
  2. Gladys

LOL sorry Anderson I had to laugh, but you are too cute!!!

February 27, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  3. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Glad to see Gary covering some stories this week! First Fargo and now a possible serial killer!

February 27, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  4. Fay - California

I was worried AC was going to chop his hands off when I watched him today.

February 27, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  5. Sharon S

God NO Anderson cooking? Now that is scary!

February 27, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  6. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Anderson + Kitchen = disaster? Anderson and onions, I need to see this....

February 27, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  7. Maureen T, Canada

Paying for the loo? Say it isn't so!

February 27, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  8. Amanda Walton Fort Erie, Ontario

Dear Anderson, don't worry about your cutting abilities of onions today on Regis and Kelly, at least you didn't slice your finger–like I did yesterday–I didn't want to see you cry, from cutting the onions that is.

The way you sliced that onion, yep, is basically how I am in the kitchen and why I hve always been told to stay out of one

9. Esma

Don't worry, Anderson, I can't cut an onion properly either.

10. Kathleen

Canadian banks are saying that the recovery will take hold in the spring and we will be grooving by this time next year. why is everyone so gloomy. Hold on to your job for 4 more months and EI will take you to the good times.

11. vanessa from silver spring, MD

POTUS at the game tonight. I wish I was there!

12. Adam Sizemore

I am stunned by all the fact checking about Bobby Jindal's response. I mean whether he was talking about during the storm or the aftermath? Get real!!! What about the fact checking of Obam's address? No Earmarks?!?

13. Heather - Spokane, WA

Anderson, I cut onions the same way you do....less stinging for the eyes 🙂

14. Isabel, Brazil

President Obama did what was expected to make a government in opposition with the budget: made new choices, priorities changed, revolutionized proposals.

15. Matthew from IL

And the gasoline issue is just one aspect – 'trickle down' economics is joke – an attempt to destroy the middle class as I see it – the growth in money of the weathly has been something like 300% since Reagan, while only 23% for the middle class!!!!!!

16. Lori from IL

Anderson - caught part of Regis and Kelly this morning. When I saw you start to "attack" the onion my first thought was I hope there's a doctor in the house, because Anderson is about to cut his finer off!

Great job of hosting - nice to see your "lighter" side!

17. Dodie from Irvine, CA

Erica... I worked two jobs and completed a Ph.D. program and just about took me down physically. It has been 15 years and I am still paying for it physically

18. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Anderson!!!
    I can't wait see the shot of you in the end show..... I caught you on Regis and Kelly this morning!!!! you made me laugh!!!! 😀

19. Leesah

I've been watching some of the I reports, it's hard for me to feel for a guy who charged bottled water, willing to pay finance charges instead of getting it from the faucet. Keep in mind, you have enough money to pay for internet service and webcams to submit an I Report

20. Emma

It's ridiculous how childish both the Republicans and Democrats are. If P. Obama reaches out to the Republicans, the Democrats are unhappy. If P. Obama gives the Democrats what they want, the Republicans throw a fit. It's nearly impossible to keep both parties happy.

21. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

Have a great weekend Bloggers:Megan D..Lori ,Pati Lauren
    Brandi!!!
    See you all again on Monday
    Have a restful Weekend Anderson and Erica!

February 27, 2009 at 10:39 pm |
  22. Sharon S

I did not know that about CDs but I do wonder what did they change as far as IRA Roth accounts? I heard you could no longer roll over into them this year?

February 27, 2009 at 10:39 pm |
  23. Rafael

I don't look at these polls at the moment as for who is the 2012 election favorable. Were just in 2009 and Obama has just enter the White House. This poll topic is pretty good to talk about sometime late next year.

February 27, 2009 at 10:39 pm |
  24. Caroline, Los Angeles

Erica, Paying for groceries with a credit card is a barometer of how terrible life is.

Hey, Candy looks like she lost weight. She has to share her method with us!

February 27, 2009 at 10:39 pm |
  25. EJ (USA)

Yay, go Palin! I hope she runs in 2012. A great way to ensure two terms for Obama.

LOL – The GOP would be total loons if they run her. Against President Obama? She probably couldn't even run against the puppy they are going to bring to the White House in the spring.

February 27, 2009 at 10:39 pm |
  26. Isabel, Brazil

Anderson,

Do you cook? What charm!

What is your specialty? Lol 😉

February 27, 2009 at 10:39 pm |
  27. Naissa, Deep in the HEART of Texas

Lol, Anderson cuts onions like he's chopping wood.

February 27, 2009 at 10:39 pm |
  28. colleen

The ireporter spoke of needing to quench his thirst by charging a bottle of water to his credit card. This speaks to where we have now sunk to as a country. Isn't there free water? I find it everywhere! STOP solving a problem by throwing money at it!!!

February 27, 2009 at 10:39 pm |
  29. Greg, Austin Tx

I guess the moral of the Jindal story is, never, ever volunteer to give a minority party rebuttal speech. For some odd reason that never seems to go well.

February 27, 2009 at 10:39 pm |
  30. Matthew from IL

But Candy, Reagan has had a huge impact on things now – he decreased the MPG requirement for cars – this has had a huge long term impact of increasing our dependence on foreign oil – why is a country like ours with all of it's technology and innovation so far behind on alternative energy solutions?!!

31. Jasmine-Spokane,WA

Anderson! Not the cooking again! I vaguely remember last time....that is found it on youtube and put it on my iPod. LOL 🙂

32. Lillian Carilo, H.R. CO

"getting ready to pounce" Ha ~ L.C.

33. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

@ Anderson~ I saw you on Regis and Kelly. Great job! Was the chowder good? That recipe sounds delicious! You rock on that show too!

34. Amy

haha, the onion this morning...
    i thought you were gonna lose a couple fingers, anderson.

35. Pati Mc

Anderson, I swear I was wincing the whole time you were "cooking", I was so afraid you were gonna cut off a finger! Yikes.

It's a knife, not a cleaver. 🙂

36. Diane Bergeron

Where are these $25 per hour GRE tester jobs your guest speaks of?? Google could not find them.

37. Rikki, Fargo, ND

Ali Velshi, Michael Ware, David Gergen, Candy Crowley, and Gary Tuchman all in one night?! Wow we are spoiled aren't we?!

38. Claire

Anderson you were down right scary in the kitchen, with that knife!

39. Brandi - bottom of the boot

oooh, onion chopping, i missed that part. maybe i will understand the 'squishy face' stuff? lol

40. KarenT

About Michelle Obama baring her arms in the portrait? You should look up Eleanor Roosevelt's White House portrait...bare armed. Why the double standard here?

41. Michelle

You would think the Repubs got the message.
    Most Americans agree with President Obama.
    The GOP's numbers are falling.

42. Lauren--NY

Erica, that was very brave of you to share with us. Thank you.

I'm a May 2008 graduate with a part-time job trying to start a business. Not easy. Vanessa, I sympathize.

February 27, 2009 at 10:37 pm |
  43. Carmella

Sarah Palin represents everything the Republican Party wants to forget. Polarizing with a stance that she is not inclusive.

February 27, 2009 at 10:37 pm |
  44. lynn

The reason America never gets any thing done is because the politicians and the media are always in election mode. Like the president said...easier to kick the can down the road than actually get some backbone and do what is right for the country!

February 27, 2009 at 10:37 pm |
  45. Isabel, Brazil

First people were doing less sex because of the crisis;
    Now they are cheating more because of the crisis ...

Conclusion: people are making less sex with their partners ...

I was born and grew up in the midst of an economic crisis ... the two cases are sorry, huh!

February 27, 2009 at 10:37 pm |
  46. Gladys

I graduated with my Masters degree in May 08 and I have yet to find a job in my field. I worked have worked at a daycare and i am looking for a job that will use the skills I learned in college.

It is kind of hard to tell my young nieces and cousins that school their ticket to success when they see my struggling to find a job everyday.

February 27, 2009 at 10:37 pm |
  47. Rafael

Jindal was lying from the get go!

February 27, 2009 at 10:36 pm |
  48. Scott

The biggest crooks are the Federal Reserve. Noone wants to look at the root of the problem it seems. They took over America in 1913 and have been controlling the entire fractional reserve banking scam since. It is only gettting worse.

February 27, 2009 at 10:36 pm |
  49. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

Over 1 million Canadians have to choose between food or shelter they can't afford both .It's heartbreaking in a country so rich as ours.

February 27, 2009 at 10:36 pm |
  50. Emma

OK, I must be a little slow tonight. I don't really understand the significance of the Jindal story. Did he lie or was he just wrong about the timeline?

February 27, 2009 at 10:36 pm |