February 20th, 2009

Send us your questions on the economy

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/02/20/art.market.anon.jpg]

You’ve heard about the Stimulus plan, and the Housing rescue plan, and the TARP bank bailouts. But you still have questions, right?

Ask us your questions here, and our experts will give you some answers tonight on AC360° at 10PM ET.

Filed under: Economy • T1
  1. Mary

Hey Anderson,

What happened to the $10,000.00 that Obama talked about in his campaign that we could draw out of our 401K plans without paying tax on the money? That would sure help a lot of Americans now.

Mary
    Sebastopol, CA

February 20, 2009 at 11:52 pm |
  2. Peter Bowers

The reality is that we are in a very deep pickle. CNN's constant, perhaps rightful fear mongering on all the bad things happening around us is not a mantra that has any positive value. This capitalist society has failed us miserably and now lies in tatters sending nothing but incongruous messages (check your commercials) that come from the ivory towers which are about to fall. Answers, you want answers. Forget the free market like this imbecile Walter ?? from Money magazine espouses.
    Sad to say that the only way out will be to nationalize EVERYTHING and distribute the wealth using the Robin Hood principle. Yes, you think I'm deluded but I predicted this was going to happen years ago. I have seen the excesses and oversights that this country has experienced and the only ones benefiting are the 1% elite.
    Suffice to say is that the equivalent of the French Revolution may not be too far away. WAKE UP America let's eat some cake too!

February 20, 2009 at 11:52 pm |
  3. robert

Hi. My story is that I saved and rented for 15 years. got married in 2002, kids in 2003 and 2005. started looking in 2002 and looked at over 50 houses with each too expensive and rising. After stepping out of a deal in 2006, I reluctantly bought in 2007 because I wanted a stable environemnt and my boy is a jumper (we lived on the 4th floor with a balcony.) I did not want to move to another apt so bought a home in early 2007. I factored in a possible 20% price depreciaton knowing it was a bubble. I put 60% down and 30-year fixed rate. My payments were 35% and under, depending on bouns, of my income. changed jobs and income dropped 30%. So I do not qualify for anything and now have a declining 401K even though I always had it in cash. Now I am being called irresponsible. Apparently, homesteading, no matter what your income, was only for those that bought before 2002. For 15 years, I apid my taxpayer dollars to subsidze their homeownership, refinancing, wealth accumulation, and spending and now they call me irresponsible?

February 20, 2009 at 11:49 pm |
  4. Richard Curtis

Why Bailout? We already have a plan for individuals – Bankruptcy. We have a plan for Banks – FDIC. If an individual is over his head, take bankruptcy. If a Bank is underwater, let the FDIC take them over, sell the toxic asset paper, and recover something, sell the bank, and recover some more. Isn't that why we have them?

February 20, 2009 at 11:48 pm |
  5. Parvez

The problem of stimulus money to people going to savings instead of spending could be solved very easily. Send them the money in the form of credit cards with a three month expiration and 'use it or loose it' condition. It should not be cashed but used for any purchase.

February 20, 2009 at 11:47 pm |
  6. Brandon

How does this bill work? Honestly i have not seen anything in this bill that will "help" todays or tomorrows economy. I make $7.50 an hour and have no problem supporting myself, but bailing out auto industries, banks other big businesses does not make me say "Hey! I'm gonna go out and contribute to buying things i can't afford so that, hopefully, the sudden surge in demand will shoot prices through the roof and out of my reach... just so we can save a company that had poor management." If the American people wanted to save the big 3, we would have bought their cars. All these businesses should be treated like a small business, let them fail. Maybe then we could get some people with an IQ higher than the poor chimp that mauled that one lady, in charge. Personally i say send the $800,000,000,000 to all the us citizens who file a W2 that also make under $65,000 per year and at least have 1,000 hours of work put in in the previous tax year. Let them people spend the money. I can almost guarantee you that would fix the economy in a heartbeat. If it does not, then what's another Trillion dollars down the toilet that we don't have? I think it's better than rich CEO's stealing it all. And as far as socialism goes, who cares what it's called, it's a label.. get over it. It would work if congress and most of the American public weren't so ignorant to the final outcome of it. Another note would be, instead of sitting in all of your fancy rooms, talking and criticizing all the problems of the world, go out and do some physical labor for a while. Do something constructive instead of yapping all your traps about the same thing over and over.

February 20, 2009 at 11:47 pm |
  7. Gary Bickley

Yes, yes. Carol above addresses my concern, one of many, about the bailout money. Why not allow "responsible" home owners to stay in their homes through a "government" /bank financed system that makes all future appreciation values/money go back to the lenders. This can easily be done by addendums to existing contracts and most surely home prices will increase again over time along with all other types of investments if this nation is to survive..

February 20, 2009 at 11:44 pm |
  8. John Azevedo

I invested in B of A and Citicorp Prefs. for income as I am retired. I did not consider investing in 2 of the biggest banks in the world a gamble. Now there is talk of wiping out my investment. Where is the justice for saving?

February 20, 2009 at 11:44 pm |
  9. Cassia

With all this unemployment what will happen to the people who are getting out of our prisons and jails, is there any help for them>

February 20, 2009 at 11:44 pm |
  10. Richard Curtis

I looked at an early version of the Spendulus Package and 70 % of the money was going to Blue States (voted Democratic in 2008) and 30 % to Red States (Republican). Suprise anyone? I wonder if the 30 % will be putting up to money for the 70%. Do some research. I like the fact that CNN is now putting up proof to back up its claims (right or wrong facts). I hope that will help people in the next election.

February 20, 2009 at 11:43 pm |
  11. Walter

There are many wealthy baby boomers getting ready to retire however they are holding off due to the economy. If given the choice many would like to semi-retire and work only 3 or 4 days a week. My wife is a nurse and can choose how much she works, for example she just went from a .6 to a .75 shift.

If employers could allow this without the penalty of the loaded benefits they may choose to not lay-off more employees. These mature baby-boomers would be able to retire gradually vs. a hard-stop. Employers would have to back-fill with new hires to make up for the hours lost from the semi-retirees.

Example: If the auto industry offered this to all of their employees and 20% of their workforce chose to go to a 4 day work week then they would have to hire 4% of their workforce to get the same hours required. They could also choose to not lay-off 4%.

Expand this to the entire workforce of the US and you would eliminate unemployment.

February 20, 2009 at 11:41 pm |
  12. Jonathan (from the Detroit area)

I will have four children in college next year (one in graduate school). We hear about the new economy requiring more and advanced education. The cost of college has increased substantially, and people must borrow. How can they buy homes, cars and other goods when they have college loans to make? I know there is some help in the stimulus bill, but is there a move to truly make college affordable so we can have a high tech workforce without the high debt burden?

February 20, 2009 at 11:40 pm |
  13. John from Yreka

One of the ways we need this economy to move is for people to spend cash or credit. I do use cash, but I have received two letters from my credit card companies saying that they are doubling my interest rates to 26% and 32%. I am definitely not going to use my credit cards. That will be good for me, but not for the economy.

I think if the banks are going to accept TARP money, there should have been a requirement from them to lower or at least freeze their interest rates. The banks are not doing their part to help the economy.

February 20, 2009 at 11:40 pm |
  14. Richard Curtis

Any truth to the rumor Acorn is going to be involved in the Cencus?

February 20, 2009 at 11:40 pm |
  15. Chad Magers

Can the government give out vouchers to buy american cars? The automakers will get there money we would pay taxes on the new cars with better gas mileage. If they just bail them out we could still not afford the cars!

February 20, 2009 at 11:39 pm |
  16. Dale Luck

The only thing that robs from the future is tax cuts now. If we actually spend money on infrastructure and invest in technology, energy, education, this will have benefits for our kids. Much of the roads and infrastructure spending is stuff thats needed to be done for years, and making it happen now will actually save us money. History has shown that the longer you delay road projects the more expensive they become. Pay me now, or pay me more later. Get these projects done now, and we will ALL benefit later. And the kids will be better off later if we get this done now. Interest rates are cheap. materials are cheap, now is the right time to buy. We do not want to be doing all this stuff years from now when price of oil is back up to 150$/barrel.

Dale

February 20, 2009 at 11:39 pm |
  17. Susie

I am a middle-class American who is employed, pays my mortgage payments on time, is not over-extended in credit. In other words, I am a responsible and very lucky person. I understand that under the new stimulus package, those that have been irrresponsible will receive direct individual benefits. What will I directly receive?

February 20, 2009 at 11:39 pm |
  18. gene N.C.

Dear Mr. Cooper, On your show you say the american family didnt spend the last stimulis like the goverment would of liked. Well give me 1000.00 or 1200.00 thats not enough to do any thing with. now give me 20,000.00 to 50,000.00 and your going to see a lot of good to the econamy if you would give more the people would spend more Thus more jobs ,more money back in curclation, and more in banks , and stocks, and retail helping car companys, housing, banks, well everything. thank you gene

February 20, 2009 at 11:38 pm |
  19. frank

First when will the politicians, left or right get it. Americans are tired of their nonsense. Now plans may be in the process for rewarding reckless financial judgement. Prudent Mortgagee's who perform now are required to bail out others who had or have no business owing property or carrying a mortgage. Owning a home and carrying a mortgage is not a right, it is the result of hard work and the demonstrated financial ability to pay it back. Why don't we reward the Americans who have paid their mortgage on time for the last 20 years. They never got a guarantee that if they got in trouble someone was there to bail them out. Politicians are creating true and deep animosity on this one. Example "You drive a Mercedes and have an auto loan, I drive a Mercedes and have an auto loan, but I can't afford it. I think you should help me pay for my Mercedes, so lets stimulate me by writing down my loan"...
    Both of our grandparents would be ashamed of us.

February 20, 2009 at 11:37 pm |
  20. Richard Curtis

Here is a list. Which ones should be bailed out. Remember, if there were not a downturn, nobody would get bailed out.
    1. No Mortgage
    2. Renter
    3. Making on-time payments
    4. Borrowed for home improvements
    5. borowed to reduce the length of the mortgage only
    6. used house as ATM
    7. Found buying cheaper than renting given no money down
    8. Just underwater
    9. Old load but lost job or medical emergency (out of his control)
    10. 105 % Loan to Value
    11. Flippers
    12 No/Limited Application Documentation or Lied.

I think (I hope) the Government is having the same issue. None of these really deserve it. If you buy a car, go home and check NADA and you spent 1000.00 too much, do you let them repo it?

February 20, 2009 at 11:37 pm |
  21. Roger Hall

I am retired from the FDOT in Florida, for about 4 years, all our contracts had the buy American written in the specifications. Yet What happend was and American company would buy their products from foreign suppliers. Then They would use these products in road and bridge construction. The State of Florida would pay the American Company for the product. The American Producers would come back stating they met the specification because they were an American Company and it was their product. Therefore they got around the buy American specification, even those the original product was made by low cost labor out of this country. The actual materials were not American made yet since we purchaced it form an American Company it met the specifications. This was in place at least 25 years, All the specification indicated the products were to be purchased from an American Company. ajust pull up some specifications for I-95 in Florida you will find this requirement. So Buy American will not stand up in court it did not then and will not now.

February 20, 2009 at 11:35 pm |
  22. concern

I wonder why you miss undersdtand obama statement, he said and I quote " We must all work together," and all "YOU'RE" doing is trying to find a way to discredit this black man who is our commander in cheift who has taken the stand to try and help us all. We stood behind bush when he sent our young man and woman to war, the money that was spent unwisely, there was no day to day media coverage. It's sad what we have become all of us. Look at your selfs, as I watch you and your high paying jobs and your big education. talking, talking, talking, but doing nothing but talking. I work everyday and i still find time to help those less fortnate then myself, this is what I feel is a postive step in the right direction. If all of you whould just help one or two people mange a bill, pay a debit, you would be surprise. Thank you

AJ
    Denver Colorado

February 20, 2009 at 11:35 pm |
  23. Marilyn Fulk

Does every state give the same amount in the way of unemployment?
    The state of Ks was going by one's income.I think I was drawing $400.00 and something a week. I don't know I you guys know this, but
    you have to make under $800.00 a month to draw food stamps. And
    all the paper work that you have to go threw it may take a month,and
    then you may not get it. A single person is allow I think maybe $100
    and something a month for food. So please do some research on
    this,because it is not what you think it is .This stimulus is not going
    to help the poor.

Thank you for listening.
    Marilyn Fulk
    Winfile,Ks

February 20, 2009 at 11:34 pm |
  24. Chad Magers

Just wondering why everyone making under 60,000 yr get a check for $50,000 and $100,000?

February 20, 2009 at 11:34 pm |
  25. Flo

Anderson. thank you for being who you are. 1) I stopped watching Lou Dobb because I am sick of his negativity. Campbell Brown and Ali Velshi must relax. I don't think if CNN pays by for words /min. Their fast and stressful tone is making everyone nervous. I turn to the Food Channel though I love politics and believe it is part of everybody's day to day life .Their tones are bringing anxiety to the viewers. 2) I am a struggling middle class single mom with a rare type of a cancer and trying my best to survive but still wondering what the Republicans are nagging about. It took George bush 8 years to create this mess and do they excpect this administration to fix it in a split blink? They have agreed not to agree on anything. 3) Please tell those who paid their mortgages on time what they are nagging about is like taking a sick person in critical condition to ER. Do we have to lay down on a stretcher and ask for I.V or any medical attention? Common. Give me a break.

February 20, 2009 at 11:33 pm |
  26. Kathy Moorefield

I have a comment on the economic status of our country. I keep hearing that it is the housing market that is the problem. I disagree. I believe that what got us in trouble was the greed of big oil. Gas prices began to rise at the pump before hurricane Katrina & continued to rise to astronomical heights. All the while every American was suffering as prices went up on everything from groceries to electricity to vehicles due to increased transportation costs. Big oil kept making higher & higher profits every quarter. Americans were faced with a tough choice every month: pay the mortgage or put food on the table. We worked solely to feed our families & put gas in our cars to get back & forth to work. Once these were paid, there was not enough to pay the mortgage. In my opinion, big oil should be paying for the bail out. Shame on them. They have bled this country dry and ruined our economy.

February 20, 2009 at 11:33 pm |
  27. Bob Brooks Macomb Michigan

On the jobs issue the USA has given the store away. All I hear is create jobs, my question is what type of job and where? This is a little bit of what I have seen. I am 67 years old served in the military 1960-1966. I have worked in several industries in my lifetime. It seems that every one them has been outsourced from our country. The problem is that all the expertise and know how has been given to the third world countries for the profit of a few. Machine tool industry, gone who makes machines for defense now? Worked there 1967 to 1983 (the work went to BSA in Europe and Kamatsu in the Far East with USA training for a year and a half in 1977). Prototype development and prototype stampings, pretty well gone now! Worked there 1983 to 1985. Automobile industry is just about gone. Worked there 1985 to present, I have watched work being shuttled to the Far East since the mid 1990’s. I have seen safety problems swept under the rug. I have worked as a skilled trade’s inspector since 1967.
    We seem to have a major problem with honesty and integrity in corporate management! Now they want a gift from the lowly worker and taxpayer!
    What I have seen should be called TREASON trying to destroy our country to line their pockets at our expense and consorting with the enemy for more personal gain!

February 20, 2009 at 11:33 pm |
  28. Richard

Why are responsible Americans who bought (smaller) homes we could afford, paid our taxes, sacrificed over a lifetime in order to have savings, and do not live on credit cards be expected to bail out irresponsible losers living beyond their means with borrowed (printed) money?? The people who live responsibly are being punished while those who have been irresponsible are being rewarded with promises of bailouts. It's outrageous.

February 20, 2009 at 11:32 pm |
  29. Wayne Ronald Page

With the economic problems I think companies with good balance sheets should start Cosigning loans for their employee ,guarantying their employment for the length of the loan. Payment could be deducted from the pay check. This would guarantee the bank repayment and would create more employment starting a snow ball effect. If I was one of these employees I would feel comfortable to take out the loan.
    Companies should start Credit Unions
    Wayne Page
    #2 782 Winnipeg St
    Penticton B.C. V2A5N3
    250-276-4178
    wayne_page@hotmail.com

February 20, 2009 at 11:32 pm |
  30. Bill

Sorry but these discussions are hopelessly superficial and just irritating. I am a pediatric cardiologist and the stimulus bill will help our practice. Medicaid dollars are job creating, they are direct payments to the healthcare system which intern creates jobs by hiring more staff. This is just one small example how the bill will help. It is therefore a jobs bill, regardless of the very superficial discussion that nonnews-opinion pieces like the money summit or what ever you are calling this program.

February 20, 2009 at 11:31 pm |
  31. Dena Francia

I did my part. i already have the BK, filed one yr ago. Now i am on the upswing. I bailed myself out. Isn't that what should happen?

February 20, 2009 at 11:31 pm |
  32. Ann Berg

With a FICO score of 720 and 760, respectively between my husband and myself and gross income over 100,000 we are finding it difficult to make our family budget balance. We are very conservative, live in the midwest, own our late model vehicles and have just one credit card that is used for travel...yet, somehow American Express determined last month to raise our interest rate to 27%!!! That is extortion...and we are supposed to SPEND money to help the our country get out of recession? AMEX is taking all of our available funds to support their business...sorry Target, Walmart and Sears...AMEX took your money.

February 20, 2009 at 11:30 pm |
  33. Timothy Chui

1. Why don't government just gives incentive to the company to raise salary to their best 20% employees in each medium size company. By doing this, those 20% employees will fee safe about their jobs and they will spend more money because of the raise. Is it the best way to stimulus economy?

2. Why don't government just gives incentive to those who has credit score 700 above, $100k salary above, 10 years working experience, 10% down payment in cash , their next house will be 30% discounted. I bet those group of qualified buyers will emerge. When we know they are qualified, it means they can pay the mortgage, and you know the house price is not going to drop.

– New US Citizen Tim C.
    Appreciate if sharing thoughts. tim_90034@yahoo.com

February 20, 2009 at 11:29 pm |
  34. Mason

How is the stimulus going to help higher education? There is lots of talk about in this current recession about if you lose your job or are could be losing your job a very good thing to do is to go back to school and invest in yourself. Making yourself more valuable to your employer or future employers. But many states are cutting their higher education budgets up to 30%. Because of this we can only speculate that these institutions are going to have to raise tuition prices. How are we suppose to continue going or go back to school if tuition prices are going to sky rocket???

February 20, 2009 at 11:29 pm |
  35. Cajun Chris

If Maddof made of with 50 billion and its a scam, why doesn't Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae making off with 700 billion qualify as a crime? Could it be cause the politicians who designed it, promoted it, and protected are above the law?

February 20, 2009 at 11:27 pm |
  36. E Harris-Atlanta, GA

Why does the media seem to overplay people making bad mortgage/credit decisions and buying over their means and not expose both sides of the scenario. Having been in the mortgage industry for many years I can confirm, the industry created the debt instruments (not to promote and encourage homeownership) but specifically for gains/profits. A consumer does not create the instruments and the industry and government regulatory agencies turned their heads to oversight and consumer friendly disclosure. A former employer, a now defunct top 5 lender, modified compensation to mortgage consultants to push high yield subprime and toxic products while lowering fixed rate mortgage product compensation. I for one do not put the blame on consumers who expect those who are the experts to consult and advise objectively. Homeowners trusted the mortgage experts just like investors trusted Mr. Madoff. But the media is ready to throw less savvy homeowners to the wolves and still incent the banking/finance industry heads and empathize with investors. Native Americans stated it best "the new settlers speak with forked tongue" then and now.

February 20, 2009 at 11:26 pm |
  37. Maria

I am tired of hearing about all this money being spent, giving us and our children a bigger debt. I understand why we keep bailingout these big companies out, but why are they still asking for billions of dollars and still laying off or fireing people from their jobs?Are they being asked to pay any of this barrowing back? When things do get better instead of these big CEO's getting raises or bonuses will they be asked or made to give this money back or any portion of their profits?

February 20, 2009 at 11:26 pm |
  38. Linda

Dear Anderson,
    It is absurd to assume everyone who needs assistance with their mortgage,was irresponsible and took on a larger house they could afford.I have been able to quite comfortably making my mortgage payment for the last nine years,until just recently.
    Thanks to the disastrous way the last administration,aka Bush,distroyed the country and its economy,my business along with so many other small businesses,has been practically come to a halt .That's the reason I am havin g trouble meeting my obligations.
    Since it was the mismanagement of the government that got so many of us into trouble,the government SHOULD help us to get back onto our feet .I did NOT take fancy vacations or go on shopping sprees,as some of your bloggers suggest some homeowners did,nor did I buy
    a much larger house I could possible afford.
    The same situation happened in the late 80's,remember the Reaganomics?My house was in foreclosure then too.We dug our selfs out of that messin the 90's under Clinton, only to be thrown back into the abyss by another Republican administration.
    Linda

February 20, 2009 at 11:26 pm |
  39. David

I am so sick and tired of the everyday working schmuck getting screwed by the greedy and the corrupt. Dont get me wrong ,I know there are honest Politicians out there, or at least I hope there are. When Government bodies screw up and don't budget and waste money why should they care? They just raise taxes.

The middle class is going to get continually sick of this until we realize we are the voice, we are the many in number and we will take out the trash !!!!!

February 20, 2009 at 11:26 pm |
  40. jim

If you want to stinulate anything, why can't companies like Wal-mart, lowes, home depot, and others be stimulated to pay their employees a living wage, who in turn as consumers will start to stimulate the economy. The term consumer confidence is a Bush Joke, consumers confidence does not have anything to do with consumers spending what they don't have.

jim

February 20, 2009 at 11:26 pm |
  41. greg from NC

hi why arnt we doing anything about the imagrants . they take our jobs put us out of work and they get get paid less . we are the ones that need the work . they dont pay taxes or health care . we the tax payers pay the price for them and we need to hep us first . stop giving imagrants a free ride

February 20, 2009 at 11:25 pm |
  42. Randy

if the government makes more money to borrow, will this not deface the value of the dollar in america and other countries? how can they pay back the "loan" if they dont have enough money to cover the interest on this money? do they cancel funding for nasa, which is not a necessary expense for survival? the military? ect... where do you start revaluing the dollar? and how are you going to pay your world bills?

February 20, 2009 at 11:24 pm |
  43. george , fort worth

We as Americans have lived well beyond our means for the most part. Lived the high life on Plastic Money , bought homes for more than they were worth with little or no money .Now our government spends money it does not have ..borrowed from the Chinese and possibly the middle east.

The Pawning of AMERICA, would be a great title for a good book. How does the Government who borrows and spends, expect its citizens to live responsibly within their means? This is a disease and it has to die a natural death ..we are not going to achieve anything with this Stimulus Plan besides hasten out own demise.

The Roman Empire rose and fell and we an Americans should see a parallel . We are not above self destruction as a civilization and we need to get our act together before our children are made to work for some foreign government to pay off the debt that we got them into.

February 20, 2009 at 11:23 pm |
  44. Vijay Shanker

Instead of sending tax rebate, Govt. should give the rebates in the form of gift cards (visa/amex cards) with an expiry date. This would force ppl to spend the money and will boost the economy. All the money govt gave would directly go into market gain.

February 20, 2009 at 11:22 pm |
  45. Dolores

I am so tired of hearing that people paid bills or saved the last $600 tax rebate. I paid off a credit card, but that freed up more of my money to SPEND!!!! AND I DID!!!! Typical out of touch government!

February 20, 2009 at 11:22 pm |
  46. Margaret Bliss

I was told today by my local unemployment office there will be no extensions only the $25.00 per weekly check. I thought the stimulus plan was for extensions for up to 30 weeks. Is this true?

February 20, 2009 at 11:21 pm |
  47. Carmen-Helena Tellez

Is there some discussion ever of assisting the citizens directly, rather than through banks? In a consumer-driven economy, the consumer must indeed feel relaxed to spend. The consumer should be immediately freed from choking financial obligations, but in a controlled manner.Bail the citizens directly and save the economy. The government should give $50,000 grants to every adult citizen for 4 specific goals and no others: a. Pay off credit crads;b. Pay down your home’s principal; c. Pay for college for yourself or a minor child; d. Invest in a business that will hire at least one mopre person besides yourself. That’s all. The mpney will circulate and bad assets will be eliminated.

February 20, 2009 at 11:21 pm |
  48. denis stergiotis

The Banks are foreclosing on Americans Homes ….
    These same Banks want American Taxpayers to bail them out

Banks want help from American Taxpayers yet they won’t help Americans that are losing their homes!

February 20, 2009 at 11:20 pm |
  49. Margie

Lots of talk of Caterpillar layoffs but ... they're building a new plant in Seguin, TX where labor is cheaper (immigrants from Mexico). Why isn't anyone mentioning this?

February 20, 2009 at 11:19 pm |
  50. J. Nelson

I am renting, because I cannot afford to buy. My question is, will the President allow the credit card companies to take advantage of what they claim are their valued customers and increase their percentage rate to 29.4 percent, within a month. This includes those who make generous payments. What will be their chances of saving?
    J. Nelson