February 13th, 2009
  1. marcus

I offer all my sympathy to the families who lost their loved ones,

February 13, 2009 at 11:02 pm |
  2. SAIFUDEEN

It is scaring these days. I am not a frequent flyer. Nevertheless I feel nervous to fly. May 11 I am flying 10 hours to to London and then 8 hours to Dulles IAD. I have to keep praying.

February 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  3. Amanda Walton-Ontario Canada

These are some incredibly scary photos

February 13, 2009 at 10:16 pm |
  4. halima hassan

It's very sad.
    I'm praying for the families. Only God knows why this has happened again in especially, New York that hasn't recovered from 9/11.

February 13, 2009 at 9:06 pm |
  5. Annie Kate

Amazing pictures. The one thing that struck me watching the coverage and again looking at these pictures is that the fire was so large and and so bright that you could see details without the aid of artificial light. I'm sure the terror of the crash and the fire was terrible for the people living near the the one house that was destroyed.

February 13, 2009 at 8:40 pm |
  6. Genevieve M, TX

Does anyone know if the circles in the top photo are orbs or falling snow?

February 13, 2009 at 4:43 pm |
  7. Denilson Souza

My question is quite simple:
    How can we know "accidents" like this are normal accidents?
    Many times people inquires if planes have a regularly maintenance.
    Two accidents in less than one month are too much, aren´t they?
    Who will start to move something?
    Who will take care of things?
    Who will comfort the relatives?

February 13, 2009 at 3:34 pm |
  8. Kabar

Eyewitness accounts say the aircraft was in a steep decent and banking hard to the left away from the airport. Sorry this isnt an icing issue. She was in a severe wind sheer and in seconds she had she was trying her all to recover control by banking out or sheering out of the wind sheer. An icing issue isnt instant like a wind sheer would be. Look up air disasters in the Denver CO area and you will see similar accidents on clear blue days

February 13, 2009 at 3:11 pm |
  9. jean casalinuovo

Flowers arrangements in the White House! How much do we pay as tax payers a year. Can that be cut out. People without jobs and no money for food, and we pay for flower arrangements for the White House. Shame on them.

February 13, 2009 at 1:47 pm |
  10. Jo West

Hi AC,

I remember a news story last fall about the possibility of a shortage of de-icer this winter in the US. The Canadian Company that provided the de-icer was on strike and the other company was too expensive.

Do you think this could have been a factor in the crash last night?

Thanks for all you do to inform us on world events.

Jo West

February 13, 2009 at 12:57 pm |
  11. Isabel Abreu, Brazil

This is the second plane that crashed in the US in less than a month.

But why these things happen?
    • Excess in the air traffic?
    • Lack of maintenance?