February 13th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 2/13/09

Want to share your thoughts on the stories we're covering tonight? You're in the right location. Just scroll down and post your comments. This is where you can "chat" with Anderson during the program.

Want to know what we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Don't miss Randi Kaye's webcast during the commercials. She's filling in for Erica. Watch our WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. David Gergen

Hello everyone - thank you for joining us on this night of sadness.

February 13, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Bethany-MI

Goodnight all!

February 13, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  3. Shillie, Sioux Falls, SD

Oh my, you couldn't have been more right about that "performance" from the Jonas Brothers & Stevie Wonder at the Grammy's. Stevie Wonder was amazing, he always is, but whomever made that decision clearly was not thinking.

February 13, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  4. David, Indiana

Good night everyone. Have a great weekend.

February 13, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  5. Douglas Frank

It's been reported that President Obama is 'back' home in Chicago for the weekend, and report back to washington on Monday!

This seems so typical (bushlike) for the president to be 'back home' during such a serious time in Washington.

I voted for Obama but am loosing faith very quickly, I'm about to turn politics off, which is what I have done the last 8 years...

I am deeply concerned about this stimulus bill.
    Deeply saddened by the NON- bypartisism in the house / senate and I commed the Republic GOP for standing up today and speaking the Truth!

February 13, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  6. Ken in NC

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY ERICA AND RANDI

February 13, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  7. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Well, I think we killed a lot of trees printing out the stimulus bill! Perhaps it will all be worth it.

Have a great V-Day and weekend fellow bloggers! Nite all!

February 13, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  8. Stacy

@Jo Ann: Not everyone is a news junkie. You'd be surprised.

February 13, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  9. Esma

Muah! Goodnight, everyone! Happy V Day!

February 13, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  10. Chris Sosa - Boston, MA

Anderson... I thought it was nice of Stevie to perform with the Jonas Brothers. Just not good form to make fun of those innocent kids right in the midst of puberty. Haha. I'm not a huge fan, but I thought it was a good performance.

February 13, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  11. james

AC,
    Where's the outrage. The government sends private jets all over the country for personal gain. When will politians practice what they preach. PARK THE JETS.

James
    Louisiana

February 13, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  12. Ashley - Hamlin, NY

Jonas Brothers...ha, Coop, you know you have their posters. 😉 I think Stevie should sue for humiliation. *Shudders*

Cooper, Jack Gray, and all others who lived without sleep the last 24 hours...Thank you so much for putting in the time and effort. I can tell you that as my area grieves we feel great appreciation for people who report our tragedy eloquently and cautiously. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. You guys should be proud with how you handled this disaster.

Good night all, and have a happy weekend. Get some sleep. You deserve it.

February 13, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  13. Lori from IL

Good night, Anderson, Randi Kaye, 360 Crew and Fellow Bloggers -

Anderson - apparently you never sleep, but hopefully you can get some rest this weekend.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, Happy Valentine's Day!

FYI - Chicago is welcoming the Obama's home with a little of the "white stuff" -

February 13, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  14. JR Miami, FL

Amen to your comment about Stevie Wonder and Jonas Brothers at the GRAMMYS!

February 13, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  15. robert

I agree Anderson, who put Stevie and the jonas brother's on the same stage anyway!?

February 13, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  16. Lauren--NY

Anderson, thanks again for chatting and just for being brilliant. Please, for the love of Mike, get some sleep, okay? Have a great Valentine's Day and a great weekend, love.

Same Randi and bloggers–have a wonderful weekend! Sleep tight! <3

February 13, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  17. Bea

Folks the economy is bouncing back. In my neighborhood houses are selling again and there are tons of renovations. One home store was liquidating but when I went in today it was picked clean.

February 13, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  18. Monica from Sterling, VA

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Have a fantastic weekend. And don't forget to tell your loved ones you love them! 🙂

February 13, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  19. Emma

Great show! Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Anderson, I hope you get some rest....you deserve it.

February 13, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  20. Carrie Bradshaw, Upper East Side

@ Isabel, Brazil – Thank you for that lovely lyric. I adore Brazilian music.

Happy V-Day all. Rest well Anderson. Goodnight Randi – please come back next week.

See you next week gang.

February 13, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  21. Maureen T, Canada

Yeah Stevie Wonder! I love it! Mr. Wonder is wonderful and I'm so happy President Obama will be recognizing the genius Stevie is! Yes, let's forget about Stevie with the Jonas Brothers! What was that? See ya!

February 13, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  22. Angie

Anderson I am filing for my final week of unemployment on Monday
    I was watching Sharrod Brown vote for the stimulus and I am thankful that I may be able to get an extension on my benefits through this package

February 13, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  23. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Good night Anderson. Happy Valentine's Day!

February 13, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  24. vanessa from silver spring, MD

YEAHHHHHH It's Stevie. He really deserves the lifetime achievement award. I'm such a huge fan of his. I'm not recovered from that performance either Anderson. Stevie deserved better than that. No way those kids should have been performing Superstition. They can't handle that song.

February 13, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  25. Jasmine-Spokane,WA

Amderson, thanks for the amount of effort put into the stories tonight. Especially the plane crash. You make people like me want to be journalists. the effort that you put in to make the story fair and reasonable is amazing, but to do it while conveying the most raw of emotions is a talent that I envy as well as many others..

February 13, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  26. Rikki, Fargo, ND

Good night Anderson, Randi, David, Ashley, Brandi, Chris, EJ, Courtney, Lauren, and all my other fellow bloggers (I wish I could mention everyone by name!) Have a great weekend and a Happy Valentine's Day! Anderson, get some rest this weekend...you certainly deserve it!

Stevie Wonder with the Jonas Brothers? I missed that one, I didn't catch the Grammys but I'm sure it wasn't pleasant! This will most definitely be a much better concert! Great show tonight...

February 13, 2009 at 10:58 pm |