February 12th, 2009

The Shot: Trip to the dentist

A little boy gets out of the dentist's chair and is a little woozy.

Filed under: T1 • The Shot
  1. Joan Love

I can't believe you would even show this shot let alone laugh at it! This poor child was confused, disoriented and as you saw, "freaked out". His parents, who should be helping him, were even laughing and sharing this lovely family outing. Obviously none of you ever had a bad trip. Go take some bad LSD and yuck it up!

February 12, 2009 at 10:40 pm |
  2. Marisol

Come on people!!!!!!! What were the parents supposed to do????? anesthesia would eventually go away, in the mean time the kid was hilarious!

February 12, 2009 at 10:30 pm |
  3. Victor in Saanich, B.C. Canada

"I know Ma, you can't spank the kids anymore... You're so enjoying this ain't you Ma..... Got it on film too eh.....A class act indeed!!".

February 12, 2009 at 9:30 pm |
  4. Iba Bacon

I am very disappointed in CNN and Anderson Cooper. Not funny, not cute, not entertaining, just plain mean, boring and stupid.

February 12, 2009 at 8:49 pm |
  5. Marilyn

Anderson, I'm very disappointed in CNNs exploitation of this poor child's experience with drugs from a dentist's office. You should be ashamed of yourself for airing this. And, the parents should be ashamed for filming and allowing it to be aired. The dentist should not have released this child in this condition.

News anchors laughing at this child is a disgrace. This child was visably and admittedly scared and tramatized.

I am very angry that CNN would stoop this low.

February 12, 2009 at 7:51 pm |
  6. Oma

This parent should have been comforting this child, not laughing at him and video taping him for others to laugh at. The child is clearly feeling sick and confused and needed to be held and comforted. But heck, we all learned that if drugs are fun at least they are funny.

February 12, 2009 at 6:08 pm |
  7. Wolfgang, San Luis Obispo

Me – as a parent – would never post a video like that, plus I don't think the child as a patient would act like that.
    Are you absolutely sure the poor child was at a dentist's office? Confirmed?
    Or are we dealing with a crazy nut who put a child on drugs to have fun?

February 12, 2009 at 4:15 pm |
  8. Jim

Do I tell Mom that I think I just wet my pants???

February 12, 2009 at 4:13 pm |
  9. MARY

I am dissapointed in Anderson Cooper's reaction to this video. This parent was not being a parent at all! He was expoiting this child. The father of this child should have been more concerned that the anestisia was affecting his son this way making it a vido for utube. For Anderson to laugh at this behavoir showed me that as kind hearted as I thought he came across on the news. He is no longer my screen saver!

February 12, 2009 at 3:47 pm |
  10. Jordan Leighton

Is this how a bank man feels

February 12, 2009 at 3:26 pm |
  11. Karen

I watched this video taken by this little kids parents (?) and was absolutely appalled that;
    1.a parent would video their child in the midst of a bad reaction to a dental anesthetic and would find it funny!
    2. the parent would put this video of their child in distress on YouTube for the whole world to see; and
    3 that Anderson Cooper would be showing this on CNN and laughing!!!

Is everyone missing sensitivity genes here – I'm sorry, there's nothing funny about this. This child needed to be comforted – not filmed.

February 12, 2009 at 2:49 pm |
  12. Kriss - Washington, DC

I feel completely the opposite from anyone who thinks this is funny. This little kid, who was probably scared to go to the dentist anyway, wakes up feeling completely out of whack, is now videotaped by his parents, no less, and now everyone else is laughing at him and thinks it's cool and funny. To exploit his child this way is just wrong. Does this father also point and laugh when his son gets hurt? No, I won't "get a sense of humor" in case anyone suggests it. This isn't funny. Once again, children are used for adult entertainment.

February 12, 2009 at 2:27 pm |
  13. Lolita from NC

I have not laughed this hard in quite a while. This will be funny to show to that kid in 5 years, lol

February 12, 2009 at 1:55 pm |
  14. Tammy, Berwick, LA

Call me the prude here. I just don't find it funny when a parent films his or her child after a medical procedure looped out on antisthetic and/or pain meds. This child's reaction should have been a cause for concern and not a funniest video clip. I've been the patient looped out on pain meds with the TBI (so I couldn't even have the effective meds) scaring the you-know-what out of my family because they'd never seen me react that way before. I think our examples of humor have lost all sensitivity and compassion. I also think some parents have just apparently lost their minds period if they think putting a moment like this out about their kid is a joke. Finally, I am not sure what you were thinking last night airing this as a joke.

February 12, 2009 at 1:46 pm |
  15. BettyAnn Nacogdoches,TX

LOL! Did he just realize his tooth was pulled out of his head? Or could it be he was just high? Either way, too cute and funny!

February 12, 2009 at 11:39 am |