February 12th, 2009

Obama should give us the whole truth

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/02/11/art.obama.gi.jpg]

Ed Rollins
CNN Contributor

President Obama had his first prime-time news conference Monday, and 60 million viewers tuned in.

They wanted to hear him and see him in action and hope that things weren't as bad as they were hearing every day from the media and in their hometowns.

He was glib, rambling, a little long-winded and very defensive. But he is a talent and very likeable even when he is being serious. And he had plenty to be serious about.

Keep Reading....

Filed under: Ed Rollins • President Barack Obama
  1. Annie Kate

With this package was there any hint of when we should expect to see some of the things in it? Or is it just another hole to throw money into? I really would like to see this work for all of our sakes. It would be nice to know though what in percentages or real numbers this bill is expected to do and by when. I consider that part of being accountable.

February 12, 2009 at 5:16 pm |
  2. Isabel Abreu, Brazil

President is young, dynamic, strong, intelligent, serious, communicative, loved by all, and very well-intentioned.

I missed some good quality?

I just wish that all these positive qualities outweigh the negative, which of course, the President has, like any mortal.

February 12, 2009 at 1:14 pm |
  3. hector

If it took us years to get in this mess it' will take us year"s to recover and stand in our feet as a great nation that we are.

February 12, 2009 at 1:06 pm |
  4. Anitha Mohanasundaram

Hello Anderson.

I enjoy your AC 360 everyday thats the one program i always watch, when i was listening to the yesterdays program with suzee orman – i had a thought – we listen we all listen to what suzee and anderson has to say. As an economic student myself in this economy i feel the most we need is enthusiasm to spend and positive energy. I bet there are a lot of jobs created everyday,and lot of businesses which make money in this economy. Like my business we ended in a good deal this month. while cnn can spend sometime collecting the information airing it – to create a postiive spin on people and thereby getting people to spend. Its the peoples energy and consumers confidence that will drive our economy. Instead of reporting the falls and criticisms of this one man – army Mr. president who is trying to achieve and help us all.

February 12, 2009 at 12:35 pm |
  5. Melissa

I'm a little more interested in my husband and I both having a job than I am with how much the bailout will cost me in the future. This time, the immediate takes precedence.

February 12, 2009 at 12:19 pm |
  6. Isabel Abreu, Brazil

President Obama is charismatic!

He is young, dynamic, strong, intelligent, serious, communicative, loved by all, and very well-intentioned.

He speaks seriously at times difficult, but it is not hard all the time – the best style of anyone want to educate.

I missed some good quality?

February 12, 2009 at 12:15 pm |
  7. sean brizendine

its not easy being president of the united states.
    "sean in santa rosa"

February 12, 2009 at 11:38 am |
  8. Joanne, Solvay, NY

The criticism is clearly the pill spooking Wall Street. If the intricacies of the Stimulus Package work in concert, the way that has been written and explained in layman's terms, we should see the result of prosperity and the paydown of the debt in several years.

First, let's get the paycheck, food on the table and roof over the head of those in peril.

February 12, 2009 at 11:17 am |
  9. E. Michael Fisher

Obama need not come clean, for the media seems to have no interest in keeping him honest... inspiring me to poetry. Ode to Network News:

Let us gather round the T.V.
    And bask in its soft light,
    While talking heads indoctrinate
    And tell us wrong is right.

Once the news is parsed out
    From the mighty broadcast booth,
    With constant repetition
    Lies soon become the truth.

Herr Goebbels would be proud to claim
    Our propaganda mills,
    They dispense disinformation
    And we swallow it like pills.

Take back your brain and wean it from
    The pap of cathode rays,
    And recognize the sewage
    That is called the news today.

E. Michael Fisher

February 12, 2009 at 10:53 am |
  10. hovi

repablicans still don't get it, we don;'t need critisism at this point of time, this stimulus and stability packages is just 1 of the instrument that will be played in a concert, you'll love the harmony when the music start.

February 12, 2009 at 10:38 am |
  11. Mike, Syracuse NY

While Obama has enthusiastically bashed the Bush contribution to the national debt, he has studious avoided giving us any promises about what he will do in that regard. Given TARP ($700B), the stimulis ($800B) and the yet to be detailed morgage bailout (estimated $2 trillion), I'd like to see hie projected deficit. These three alone are ALL borrowed money and increase the debt $3.5 trillion.

February 12, 2009 at 10:30 am |