February 12th, 2009

Little boys go missing too

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/02/12/art.split.missingboy.jpg caption="Adji Desir, 7, disappeared on January 20 in Immokalee, Florida."]

Gabriel Falcon
AC360° Writer

By now, you have heard or read about the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings. How the five-year-old girl was likely abducted from her Florida home is being covered by media-outlets (including CNN) on tv, the web and in print. Haleigh’s face is featured on cable programs and talk shows. I suspect we will see much more of this disturbing case for some time to come.

Haleigh’s family hopes and prays she will be found safe. We all do. We should also be mindful that there are other missing children across the country. Their parents are longing for answers. Like Haleigh, their sons and daughters vanished without a trace. But there is a difference: their stories are rarely told.

Adji Desir is one of those children. And this is his story. On January 20th, the 7-year-old went outside his grandmother’s house in Immokalee, Florida. He was going to play with other kids in the neighborhood. But Adji never returned home. He was last seen at around 5:30 in the afternoon.

The F.B.I. has classified Adji as a missing person. On the agency’s web site, it says he has special needs, limited vocabulary and speaks on the level of a two-year-old child. He apparently only understands Creole.

Take a look at the two pictures of Adji. Maybe you recognize him. If you have any information, contact the Collier County Sheriff’s Office at 239-793-9300. Or call the F.B.I.’s hotline, 866-838-1153.

Filed under: Crime & Punishment • Gabe Falcon
  1. Lily

Being in the southern hemisphere I don't get to see the Nancy Grace show but do read the transcripts. I have always admired her passion for the welfare of children. However, I agree with many her – she became obsessed with the Anthony case – now there is nothing wrong with that – but it was often the same details over and over. The time is way overdue to let the Anthony family go and focus on this little boy Adji (who Nancy did cover briefly) and other children who are missing. It would be helpful to the American public (I think) for her show to focus on two or three cases a night – publicize the childrens' photographs – next show, three more ...... once a week do an update – show the photos again so people don't forget. Sadly in a country of such an enormous population the task is endless but I do agree from my observations it is the female children who happen to be white who get the most air time. Same goes for adults – look at both the Petersen cases – night after night on tv – people from other cultures who go missing/get allegedly murdered by their spouses get less publicity. It's inequitable, it is unfair. Keep pushing this Anderson (I do get to see your show 'down under') – you can make a difference by publicizing these cases. Sometimes missing people seem to be on the news with a 'hiss and a roar' then ....... zilch, nothing again – like that boy Adam Herrman – is anyone still looking for him?

February 13, 2009 at 4:56 am |
  2. Brian J

Stranger abductions are VERY rare, and when the media plays certain cases over and over, it induces quite a bit of panic among the public making it appear as if it occurs far more often than it really does.
    Most children are harmed, abducted and killed by someone they know–often a family member–parents, step parents, grandparents and/or the b/f or g/f of their parent, babysitters, other family member caretakers.
    Statistically, children are far more in danger of being harmed BY THEIR OWN PARENT/S and caretakers than by some random stranger out there.
    If it was your child missing, you would want the public to keep an eye out for that child, and so updates like the one here are important, and the reality is that we do seem to focus the majority of these stories on Caucasion missing children, mostly females.

February 13, 2009 at 4:48 am |
  3. Kathy

Okay. I have heard about Adji and his disappearance. My thoughts and prayers are with him and I hope for the best possible outcome.

As for the people railing the media for making this a race issue may I point out race was not the issue of this article, sex was. They are pointing out the fact that there is no cases of missing boys to ever reach the level of the girls that are missing. While this is true I have to ask what do you want the public to do? You are the media AC. Change it, dont just write one article and leave it at that.

February 13, 2009 at 2:23 am |
  4. Brenda McDaniel

Why do all of these missing children live in Florida? I think the Governor needs to check this out. This does not look good for that state. What are these parents thinking and why are these children not being watched more closely? Some children are just born with three strikes against them.

February 13, 2009 at 2:04 am |
  5. Shelia Bradley-Smith

I am so sick of all of these people with opinions about who is at fault when a child goes missing. It seems like rather than blame the damn sex offenders and those that hurt children, most find it easier to blame the parent(s). If anyone get to the root of the problem, our children should be able to sleep in their beds, play in the front yard, and just simply exist as children, if not for the predators taking children. What is not suprising to me is the fact that many women are haboring these child snatchers and standing behind them in court. Yeah, I said it! How many women are sleeping and having children with these same people that are calling themselves fiances, boyfriends, husbands, and dads. Did it ever occur to these women that their mates etc..., are actually raping children? They even have the nerve to argue in court for them and send them money. America is really sick! As far as the media attention goes, there is definately lesser media attention given to kidnapped children of color. I have experienced this first hand, therefore, I have a right to tell it like I see it. We all are suffering not knowing where our children are and it is really heartbreaking not to see all children in the news. The lack of media exposure, the more time the kidnappers have to rape, kill, and bury that child. Unfortunately, the kidnappers gain the advantage, knowing no one will really care about this little minority child anyway. GOD forbid, at this rate, no child will ever be safe no matter the economic or racial status. No one should be so stupid to believe that it can't happen to their child(ren), it can and thanks to the lack of media attention, we all are forced to suffer the agonizing pain with the families of all missing children. Actually, I am beginning to think no one really cares until it happens to them. Many choose to pretend to ignore the news about missing children anyway, for fear that they may be jinked or something. Go ahead and ignore it, soon we all will be one unhappy family. Maybe then you will demand a change. We got a new President because of "change", when will our missing children get a chance to see a "change", in the way their cases are featured?

February 13, 2009 at 1:55 am |
  6. robin

GOD BLESS LITTLE BOYS!! Let's look out for them too!!

February 13, 2009 at 1:45 am |
  7. dmb1

Hats off to Anderson Cooper. This poor little boy just disappeared from his front yard and still the police have not classified it as an "abduction". What angers me is not the fact that there hasn't been coverage by the news media, but how the police/investigators are handling little Adji's case. They continue to comment on "there's no way someone could withstand the elements for this long.". They continue to act as if this boy left his front yard and is wandering around Florida. Really? Come on, this boy didn't just walk off - some sick bastard took him. Wake up people!

February 13, 2009 at 1:40 am |
  8. Linda

Why is'nt this child adji all over Nancy grace? We seem to have skipped him ,we went from Caylee overload to a blip of Adji and now Haylee overload ???? WHERE IS ADJI!!!!
    My prayers are wih them both
    Linda

February 13, 2009 at 1:30 am |
  9. Kayla

It seems to me that a lot of children from Florida have gone missing lately...:(

February 13, 2009 at 12:58 am |
  10. John

Many people wonder why there are so many child disappearances in FL. I was born and raised in the most densely populated and fastest moving area in the Western Hemisphere, the New York City metropolitan area, and since I left there at age 18 I've lived all over the world and all over this great country, from England to Italy to Los Angeles to Arizona and now, to Florida. I've lived/stayed in the Orlando area, Sarasota/Bradenton area, Miami/West Palm Beach area, and the Tampa/St. Pete area (where I am now).

People who haven't lived in multiple areas and don't realize that people are vastly different in different regions of the country may not understand this, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that, while every area has their own nutjobs and wackos, Florida has a higher proportion than anywhere else in this country. This applies to both the men and the women who were born and raised in Florida, but particularly the women, many of whom are heartless, callous and narcissistic and will steal from you. I'm a young, good-looking single guy and you wouldn't believe the stories I could tell you about dozens of encounters I've had with women in Florida and the extent of their lying, cheating and stealing. I understand there are people like that everywhere, but no where is there such a high proportion of these people than in Florida. I can give numerous examples and stories from every corner of Florida.

In regard to this case, the boy has is mentally disabled. He has the MIND of a 2-year-old, not just the vocabulary. It's ludicrous for some to question why the boy was playing outside. Are you joking? You want parents to imprison their kids in the house and not let them play outside now? Part of childhood is playing outside. And the parents shouldn't be expected to sit there and watch every single minute of it. Growing up, me and all my friends played in all of our front yards and back yards in a typical suburban neighborhood and never had once incident. Just because there's a 1 in a million chance some wacko might kidnap your kid doesn't mean parents should put a leash around their child's neck and keep an eye on them 24/7. Parents who do this are psychologically impacting the development of their child, and it will have serious consequences in the long run.

February 13, 2009 at 12:52 am |
  11. JD

I don't know...maybe Nancy Grace did have information about Adji, but there is no doubt that his disappearance has received MUCH less attention than Caylee Anthony and Haleigh Cummings. And look at all the press she gave Natalie Holloway for a couple of years. I am not a big Nancy Grace fan, but I do watch her show from time to time and I have not seen any story about Adji, but have been deluged with media reports about these other two. There are other kinds of prejudice besides race–and, unfortunately, gender prejudice seems to be a more prominent thing now. I'm sure, at least to his family, friends, and neighbors, the disappearance of this little boy is as important as the two girls. I hope both of the current cases are able to solved with happy endings, but the partiality toward females is very obvious and unfair.

February 13, 2009 at 12:37 am |
  12. John

People wonder why there are so many child disappearances in FL. I was born and raised in the most densely populated and fastest moving area in the Western Hemisphere, the New York City metropolitan area, and since I left there at age 18 I've lived all over the world and all over this great country, from England to Italy to Los Angeles to Arizona and now, to Florida. I've lived/stayed in the Orlando area, Sarasota/Bradenton area, Miami/West Palm Beach area, and the Tampa/St. Pete area (where I am now).

February 13, 2009 at 12:36 am |
  13. Lori

The case of the missing Florida girl is strange to me. Why did they just take the girl and not the boy too? What type of relationship do the biological parents have ? Why does the State of Florida draw Sex Offenders like bees to honey?
    Men need to be home in their homes a night to guard over ther family and secure the perimeter of there house. I hope and pray she is still alive and that the girlfreind or some ohter family member has not done something cruel to this baby.

February 13, 2009 at 12:30 am |
  14. Lisa

I am so sick of people that find a reason to complain about anything in the world. If you know enough about the case, to write an article about it....then you ought to know that it was covered on tv daily. Not just a comment either, but details, and people involved in the investigation spoke. What are you so upset about? That the other missing child was covered more? Possibly because it was a bizarre story. A missing child that was never reported, and a crazy mother that led the police on wild goose chases. The immediate community also kept it alive themselves before the child was found dead.
    It never ceases to amaze me, how some people just can't be thankfull or gratefull that major coverage of the little missing boy across the country was done, What exactly were you looking for? An entire hour each day about the missing boy? There isn't enough juice for that. It wasn't the case of a crazy mother, it wasn't the case of him never being reported for a month, and it was not a case of a mother that went ape partying as the child was missing. It certainly wasn't a case where the mother ran the police on wild goose chases like an idiot. Things that have rather shocked this nation. Most of the coverage on this case...has actualy been about Casey. Not really CAylee. Sure it has to do about Caylee, since she was missing and of course dead....but the drama and the head lines have mostly just been one shock after another shock, about the mom. That little missing boy with the handicaps, was not ignored, and we listened in detail each day for some time about it, and as the searches went on.

February 12, 2009 at 11:16 pm |
  15. ally prefontaine

With Adji's and now Heliegh's dissappearane, wonder if there is any connection?? makes you wonder... both abot the same age.. both in florida?

February 12, 2009 at 10:29 pm |
  16. Elle in CT

There was a stoy this week in Connecticut of a missing 14 year old Black girl and her new born son. CNN, ABC, MSNBC nor any other major cable station has covered it. Seriously, can you remember the names of any non white missing children? I can't think of one. It's not being covered. The same thing happens when Black women go missing. You never hear of it, but we hear about the Laci Petersons of the world. It's disgusting. I've started changing the channel, but I realize that it's not the missing child's fault. These news stations, CNN included need to do better. We need fair and balance coverage for all children, regardless of color or the sensationalism of the story.

February 12, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  17. Eileen

I think they need to take more action on these predators instead of letting them out and just monitor where they are at. Something has to be done. It is getting out of hand and there are getting more and more of them. An eye for an eye.

February 12, 2009 at 10:04 pm |
  18. Eileen

God bless the children of this world. God help the one's missing and pray they come home safely.

February 12, 2009 at 10:01 pm |
  19. Eileen

I think they need to go to the home of the boys he was playing with outside and ask more questions and look around their house.

February 12, 2009 at 9:58 pm |
  20. Andrea

I want to know why Nancy Grace has been focusing on Caylee Anthony. We all know Casey killed her so she could whore around and party. Nancy has devoted hours to the "search for Caylee". What about poor little Adji. She only devotes about 5 minutes of an episode to him. Everything else is focused on Caylee and Casee. As far as I am concerned Caycee should burn in hell. Now her main focus seems to be Haleigh. Let's spend as much time on other missing children as we have Caylee. Maybe some of them will be found. Adji is learning disabled and only speaks Creole. What happended to him? The neighbors know something yet no one is talking. We should all come together to bring this poor boy home.

February 12, 2009 at 9:33 pm |
  21. Beth

What was this special needs child doing going out to play by himeself at 5:30 in the evening?? Why was there no adult supervision? I hope he is ok but the outcome for missing children is typically not a happy one. 🙁

February 12, 2009 at 9:23 pm |
  22. Deborah Turner

Missing children, boys or girls should be top stories until they are found

February 12, 2009 at 9:18 pm |
  23. Deborah Turner

Every missing child should be shown on t.v. every day and night until
    that child is found no matter what.

February 12, 2009 at 9:15 pm |
  24. Lori

What I don;t understand is the lack of supervision for a child wiht special needs and the young age of being allowed to be outside with no adult overseeing. I am a mother of three , I never allowed my children to be outside or at amusement parks, etc without supervision. I fI did'nt feel like watching them outside then they stayed in the house and playe dgames or with each other. We as parents and adults in the neighboorhood need to join together and watch oput for starnge people, cars they come around. Designated a parent to take turns watching the children play. The people taht prey on our children get the power to do so by watching our everyday behavior, and lack of supervision. Even if we live in the rural, suburbs, or the city they need our supervision. My heart goes out to this family and that precious baby, I pray for his safe return.

February 12, 2009 at 9:10 pm |
  25. BELINDA

nancy grace has spent a whole show tonight on Haleigh. Caylee has gotten months of media coverage. Adji only got a few minutes. She has spent more time on showing her kids than she have him. Missing children are more important to the media than her children. Just plan on unfair. Why not spend more time on other missing children so that they face can be more recognizable. Actually i think it would be nice if nancy gracy would take two days out of the week to cover all missing children no matter what there race is!

February 12, 2009 at 8:57 pm |
  26. Bodhi

Can't even imagine how confused and upset that poor little girl and boy are right now. You kidnap/molest a child...you lose your head on national TV. Watch how many lives you save.

February 12, 2009 at 8:40 pm |
  27. Zeldababygurl

Okay, I read all of the comments before i decided to make a comment. Not that that will matter to any of you, but it does to me.
    Don't complain about what the media feeds you. You have access to information, use it. Use your fingers. Look up the data base for Missing and exploited children. SEE FOR YOURSELF who are the children missing locally. Make an effort to know who your neighbors are. Pay attention!

You can't blame CNN, ABC or anybody else if you don't know what's happening in your own back yard. Nor can you control what other people do. I'm not saying you need to know what toothpast or underwear you neighbor prefers, but knowing who comes and goes and who is familiar means you will notices who ISN'T part of the neighborhood. That may save a life.

What the media does or doesn't do is a reflection of us as a society and currently, our society is still wrapped up in our differences. A select few make it a point to continue and push our buttons and we respond with enthusiastic predictabiltiy. The stations make money. Those select few make way more money.

Keep squabbling y'all. It makes the money flow.

February 12, 2009 at 8:28 pm |
  28. robyn

What is happening in Florida? This is so scary!! I hope these situations will come to a good conclusion. Too much ugliness in the world now and do not need to see another child hurt!!

February 12, 2009 at 8:23 pm |
  29. Mike

Keep GITMO open and put the child molesters there. Give me a cattleprod with a nut cup and I'll even volunteer to work as a guard.

February 12, 2009 at 8:16 pm |
  30. jerry

some ask god why did you let this happen and he said i didn't I sent you to help, so dont' blame him for all are troubles, hope they are all safe and well

February 12, 2009 at 7:55 pm |
  31. Shrita

This is a story that everybody should read. I am praying that somebody will come forth and bring this family back together.

February 12, 2009 at 7:53 pm |
  32. PAM STECK

Missing children are becoming an epidemic. I don't believe sex offenders can be rehabilitated. And I believe all missing children should be more publicized so exposure keeps going in order to find these kids. The only reason this poor little girl is making headlines is because the way she was abducted is so sketchy.

February 12, 2009 at 7:52 pm |
  33. Yvonne

My heart goes out for Cindy & George Anthony, but one question bothers me. Did they ever want to meet Zenida Gonzolis or see where their grand daughter was staying when Casey took her or even ask Caylee any questions about her nanny.

February 12, 2009 at 7:42 pm |
  34. sherrie

I think the reason some people get more coverage when there loved ones go missing is that the family members really push the tv stations and the more the station knows about the case the more they talk about it. Nancy Grace is a wonderful person she reports on people that go missing when she gets the news, Look how Natalee Hollaways mom pushed for air time. I don't think she cares what color or size the person is if she gets the report shes going to talk about it

February 12, 2009 at 7:31 pm |
  35. Linda Acri

I had written to CNN a few weeks ago and asked the question as to all the news attention to little Caley and Adji was rarely mentioned. Any child, any age, any race should be brought to the attention of all media, not just the ones that are going to give the greatest ratings. Now we have another child missing in Florida, will this be another 6 months of the Caley Anthony case??? Lets give equal time to all of our children .

February 12, 2009 at 7:27 pm |
  36. Ali

I hope they find all the missing kids in the world. It is so sad to see parents go through this time and time again. I agree that Nancy Grace show gave Casey Anthony too much attention, she gave Casey what she yearned for "attention." From day one, I knew Caylee was gone because no mother forget to report their child missing.
    I think that reason people leave their kids alone to play in front of their yard, cause people always think danger only lurks in big city. I grew up in NYC, and my mom always tell us to lock our door, don't talk to anyone, if someone is walking behind you be careful, and etc., but people from small town don't feel the needs to be overprotecting because they move to a small town to raise they kids in a safer environment. I hope people are taking into account, that danger is everywhere. Let pray together that this kids are safely return, even though it does hurt that some kids do get more attention. I hope that their parents don't give up like the media has. May God hear our Prayers.

February 12, 2009 at 7:03 pm |
  37. RI Mom

The Ouachita County Sheriff’s Officer has requested activation of a Morgan Nick Amber Alert for three-year-old Dominick Wesley Arceneaux.
    The child’s mother believes someone abducted him. According to Amber Arceneaux, around 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, Dominick walked outside their mobile home and she hasn’t seen him since.

Authorities have been searching a lake located behind the Arceneaux home near Chidester.

Dominick has brown hair, brown eyes and was last seen wearing blue jean shorts with red stitching on the pockets.

If you have any information, contact the Ouachita County Sheriff’s Office at 870-837-2200.

February 12, 2009 at 7:01 pm |
  38. jerome hazelwood

race is a factor but this is not about racism necessarily.its more complicated. its about the demographic research that the networks do.this is more of a reflection of and about society and what our preferences are.this is ultimately about ad revenue and money,and the fact that not many african americans or other minorities watch cnn headline news or msnbc.so more stories about natalie holloway caylee etc...i am african american and it does upset me because i do watch these networks, fox as well,but i am not willing to cry racism here when there are serious issues of race out there.we need to get more african americans to view these news shows and we WILL hear more about the adjis of the world

February 12, 2009 at 6:58 pm |
  39. Patricia Hough

My heart breaks at this poor little boy's plight, but I feel anger at the guardians and or parents for not teaching the child English and not watching him properly. If you know the child has the mentality of a 2 year old, you do not, under any circumstances turn your back on him. I have had 3 sons of my own and took them into the bathroom with me and had them turn around, for privacy's sake, just so they weren't left somewhere where they could be injured or abducted. My grandparents on both sides came over from Europe knowing no English, but they all had to learn, This was also when there was no welfare handouts, like the octo-mom is receiving. They all did what they had to do, to raise their large families. I'm sorry, but Americans speak english and if you want to live here, you should learn, too. I feel there is foul play on the part of someone close to this child, because these predators target the most vulnerable. I pray that Adji is found alive and well. Our government should do more to protect our kids, especially since we don't have enough internet laws to keep them safe. The predators feel too safe and can do what they want online, it's a sad state of affairs.

February 12, 2009 at 6:40 pm |
  40. Tired

OK, if we would just finally once and for all put the sick disgusting individuals out there who do horrible things to our children, the rate of missing children would greatly reduce. Instead we act all "humane" and spend our money on housing, clothing and feeding these scum. It is time to start putting these people out of OUR misery. As a surivor of sexual abuse I can tell you, it was always about the abuser then the one being abused. Did he do it again, you better believe he did. More then four times that I know to four different children. Think of how much money we would have to give the homeless, help the children, medical insurance, save the homeowners from foreclosure. If we just took a bullet and ended the sadistic crap from happening again to an innocent child who cannot defend themselves from some sick disgusting individual.

February 12, 2009 at 6:20 pm |
  41. sally

I watch Nancy Grace every night and love her show. I watched when Adji first went missing. If I remember correctly, the report was brief compared to last nights show profiling missing Haleigh. Adji was in between reports of Caylee. I think he deserved more time. I know people are going to "jump all over me" for saying this but I had to turn Nancy Grace off last night because I couldn't stand listening to Haleigh's father talk any more. He needs to open his mouth and speak so people can understand what he's saying. And who knows, I probably couldn't do any better than him in his situation. But, he needs talk, and talk loud, to get his little girl back. And once again i'm sorry for saying that. I'm praying for both children and their families!

February 12, 2009 at 6:01 pm |
  42. Gayla McCurdy

May God help these missing children and their families. And may we as a Country do everthing in our power to prevent these disappearances. Do not leave your children unsupervised at any age, especially children under 12 .
    Just because you meet someone and they seem nice be aware of how they are towards your children and DONT LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN ALONG WITH THEM (People you date or new friends)
    You just cant trust people-Sometimes you cant even trust your family!

We need to have stiffer penalties for Child abusers & molesters
    Any person(s) who has history of child molestation should be locked up for good. These people are not rehabilitatable. Why do we let them back out to harm more children?

February 12, 2009 at 5:42 pm |
  43. AG

Tammy says there seemed to be not "much more to report" however Nancy Grace has reported on the Caylee Anthony story on a nightly basis for the past seven months, often when there was little new to report.

This child Adji should be featured on a nightly basis as well, especially because he has not yet been found. I do believe there is an element of favoring feature stories of white missing children over those of minority children, and it's unfortunately no suprise.

February 12, 2009 at 5:22 pm |
  44. Karen

I recieved an email from a florida radio station about this young girl gone missing. I looked on CNN for more info and I see that a young boy has gone missing as well. I never heard of this little boy. My girlfriend in Maryland called me today and she asked me if i heard about the little girl gone missing in florida. Why didn't Planet Rock send out a email about this young boy? By the way im living in California now and I heard more about this young girl nothing, not one word about this young boy. Yes God please bring your children back to their families safe. Blessings to the media and Planet Rock Radio Station. CNN is the best thanks for covering the stories on our missing children Nancy Grace is a blessings to our sick world. Thank you Nancy for covering the stories and keeping the public informed.

February 12, 2009 at 5:18 pm |
  45. Jade

Is it a coincidence that Caylee Anthony, Adji Desir and Haleigh Cummings ALL disappeared from Florida?
    I do feel that Casey Anthony killed her daughter, but I now with these other 2 children, I'm not so sure. They were taken from all over Florida but think about the space in between each disappearance. That is plenty of time to get from one place to another.
    Could Florida have a Serial Killer who hunts children? Quite possibly now.
    Although I have to stress that Caylee WAS killed by her own Mother, I believe that.

February 12, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  46. Brenda

I watched the covereage of Caylee Ahtony's funeral,I also caught in a brief news clip,that the little girl went missing during the memorial.A Major news channels had no ticker alert at the bottom of the screen,however they did mention it a few times.It just business for CNN..Whats our priorities people.......I kept thinking how sad it is that we are burying a child ...gone too soon!, And another is missing and then another.I say they enact a Caylee that thats fines the media for not making the Amber Alert anything but TOP STORY.How many children do we have to bury.....I pray for the two missing, I pray for Caylee, and I pray for us, what have we become.

February 12, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  47. Please

This post was about missing white and black children. If it wasn't... they would have used a little white boy who is missing.
    We all know that black children do not get the media coverage. They are either label as runaways or as little ADJI DESIR he was labeled as running off.
    Nancy Grace will show a missing black child but usually it is at the end of the show. That is more then any other network.
    So lets us all confess the media is bias!!

February 12, 2009 at 5:01 pm |
  48. Danielle

Does anybody think these two cases are related that someone maybe driving up the middle of Florida snatching children? Sometimes I think law enforcement do not always connect similar cases to each other because of distance, what if these two precious children were taken by someone who is just passing through? All I know too many kids have been turning up missing in Florida and it is just scary to think that kids can no longer be able to play outside or even sleep in their own bed and not be safe anymore. This country and society needs to get the evil off the streets and people need to be more in touch with their neighbors in the community so that if something happens you have people to reach out to, also be observent and not take the stance of its not my backyard which alot of people do. Get involved, watch over your neighbors as if it is your own kids, please these babies need extra eyes sometimes. God help both of those children, it just sickens me to hear about such innocence lost and taken away from someone so young and helpless. God please bring them both home safe.

February 12, 2009 at 4:52 pm |
  49. Donna

Actually, Nancy Grace (CNN) has covered this story several times with quite a bit of coverage. There just doesn't seem to be anything new to report but even so, she does come back to it to keep it in the public's eye. I feel Nancy Grace and CNN News do a great job of trying to bring these reports to the public as soon as possible after they happen. It would be impossible to report every missing child case since this happens all over our country. I wonder why so many are happening in Florida lately, though. The only reason Nancy Grace is staying with the Caylee Anthony case this long is because of the bizarre behaviour of her mother, Casey, and the family in general. Although personally, in today's world, I would never allow a young child or a young child with developmental disabilities play outside by himself, I'm sure Adji's grandmother is beating herself up because it happened while she was watching him. She has to live with that forever, if Adji is never found.

February 12, 2009 at 4:46 pm |
  50. grace brown

big deal. spend your time that you are complaining about this not being fair out helping to search for him.

February 12, 2009 at 4:45 pm |