February 3rd, 2009

TONIGHT: Oval Office sit-down

Anderson and President Obama: one-on-one in the Oval Office. How does the president plan to make Wall Street accountable to Main Street? Plus, can he really keep all his promises to taxpayers? Tonight, 10 ET

JOIN: LIVE BLOG Weeknights 10p ET

WATCH: 360 WEBCAST during commercials 10p-11p ET

WATCH: Our Studio Webcam 9:45p-11p ET

Filed under: On TV
  1. Douglas L Tosten

My question to the President is, Politisians with there absured spending, Banks,with their hand out lending, Big buisness, with their CEO's getting massive bonuses, Investor, at wallstreet running up the price of oil, has all added up to billions of dollars lost. They created this situation, So why are you helping them and excusing their mistakes and we the middle and lower classes have to foot the bill. Why not give the money ti the public , this will start spending and create jobs COMMON SENCES

February 4, 2009 at 2:54 pm |
  2. Sylvia Thomas

Mr President, I am a Married working Women, I have 3 Children and a husband who for the last 6 months ,has not been working. I have had to pay all the house hold bills my self, his unemployment has run out and they denied his request for a extension. I'm at the end of my rope i dont know what else to do. I have a high Mortgage pymt each month,my Mortgage company has denied to work with me on lowering my payments. I don't know what to do. . When are WE the Tax people are going to get some help. Please stimulate us by buying up all the bad mortgage in the states with the higest Foreclosure rate and help the home owners stay in their homes.

February 4, 2009 at 2:39 pm |
  3. Janette Thompson

Mr President,
    I am sorry for the phrase Brian Williams used "your enemies on the hill," He planted a seed which I hope you will not let grow as well the entire nation. I would have loved to hear you say. Mr. willaims, they are not my personal enemies. We are a two party system and we have pros and cons to everything. Through it all, we are trying to figure out what is best for our country...
    I feel you are a bigger man than that and able to process that in the light of the big push for "getting it right."
    Please do not let the media divide us.. I might, also, say of all the pleasure Mr. Williams had in giving us all the negatives he could on Iraq, when they had the election and it was considered a success NOT a word was mentioned. I was disappointed x 2.

February 4, 2009 at 1:24 pm |
  4. Elmer E. Fralick Sr.

Please ask President Obama why he is willing to accept the stimulus package in spite of the pork. He campaigned against it. "No more pork," he said. He has also said the the pork is only 1% of the pckg. Still, I want to know how he justifies it.
    Thanks,
    EF

February 4, 2009 at 1:18 pm |
  5. Alex E.

Very cool interview. You did a great blog entry. He keeps it very toasty in there while he wants everyone else to try their thermostats down. Our tax dollars at work. More double standards, do as I say not as I do.

February 3, 2009 at 11:27 pm |
  6. Jessica

I'm looking forward to Anderson's interview with Mr. President tonight, I'm sure everyone will be soaking up all the information he gives. I was too late to submit a question, but I do hope that through this interview I can figure out if Bailouts really are helping the economy, or just keeping the banks in a safe, neutral zone. I think the details in Obama's new stimulus package show that he is following in Roosevelt's footsteps...creating jobs that boost the economy but also help in the long term.

February 3, 2009 at 7:08 pm |
  7. Susan Trumble

For eight years the Republicans have pretty much told the Democrats to sit down and shut up. I wish President Obama would stop playing "nicey-nice" with them. Let's not forget THEIR failed decisions that put this country in this mess! Who are they to make ANY decisions about the stimulus plan or Tom Daschles tax issues. Their plan put millions out of work and gave G. Bush the room to BAMBOOZLE the American public with a smile on his face! The American citizens couldn't make it more clear with their votes... we want NEW LEADERSHIP!!! The Republicans suddenly have a
    conscious about spending money??? President Obama should NEVER have accepted Tom Daschles resignation! And one other message to President Obama...Stop listening to the media. Work for the People, not for the Party. Give to the Republicans what they gave to the American citizens...NOTHING!!!

February 3, 2009 at 5:04 pm |
  8. Derrick "DJ" Johnson

I have been watching a number of news channels today holding political discussion on a national level and almost without fail most of the guest and a few of the host's have referred to the President by ONLY his name and not his title as President; why is that? What I can infer from this, is that there still exists a a deep, bitter underlying attitude of disrespect! How can any of us go on when this climate is very much alive. The voters spoke overwhelmingly and our voices should be heard.

February 3, 2009 at 4:38 pm |
  9. James M. Clarke

Please ask President Obama to include a national registery for DNA remains. Where if someone dies in this country, a test for DNA is done and the results are sent and stored on a government computer perhaps in the FBI office. There are far too many Jane & John Does and far too many families suffering needlessly. Many families just want to know we their kids are. AC has done stories on missing persons, such as the young college age men, who just seem to vanish. Having to lose a loved one in a instant is a horrible thing, but to know they are some many unidentified remains on the books in many different states just adds to the suffering. It would give relief to families suffering over their loss and take some fear out of the unknown for them and the rest of the us. Also, the time maybe right with this billion dollar stimulas plan moving foward. Seriously, this issue impacts a lot of american people and views about this country itself and violence in America.

February 3, 2009 at 2:08 pm |
  10. W.T.Rivera

I am trying to write a question for the president in the website Askthepresident.cnn.com but I can reach the site, it like does not exist. I have a question for the president. What he is going to do with the mortgage companies that does not want to help the homeowners.? They just want to take out from our homes .I am a disable person with a disable child. and I lost one of the income in my household. How can I stay in my home, get help from Citimortgage. They are trying to qualify me like the first time I bought and that is imposible. Also the home value is like $100 thousand less. Why they can sell the house to the people in "the happy bus" looking in our houses like a banquet?

February 3, 2009 at 2:03 pm |
  11. Kerry

Mr.President,
    By you or anyone else in or out of our government that declares Martial law in the future, doesn't a declaration of martial law signify that government can not lead a free society.
    Once declared, doesn't it signify that we the people have a Constitutional right to defend ourselves and the Nation against against any governmental body that is not fit to govern us?

February 3, 2009 at 1:58 pm |
  12. carmen McAdams

It would appear the Obama is working the news circuit to circumvent reaching across the party isle as he repeatedly sung during his stumping. How much more good money is going to be thrown after the bad money, other failed stimulus packages. This next stim package in laden with pork spending which will do nothing to get people jobs save them from losing their homes or going into foreclosure. The banks, bank execs all have an ample supply of money bonuses then frivolously spent the money. Pray for our country and the global situation. This mess is a long time from hitting bottom.

February 3, 2009 at 12:04 pm |
  13. jd

The government needs to threaten to nationalize the banks if they don't start lending.

February 3, 2009 at 11:54 am |
  14. Wolfgang

Why aren't banks required to refinance for better interest rates to help home owners make their payments and keep a roof over their head? Isn't it because banks will get the money either way, from the home owner or a bailout, leaving the home owner with nothing?

February 3, 2009 at 11:20 am |