January 26th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 1/26/09

Want to know what we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

We're so tech savy here at AC360°. At least, we like to think we are these days. So, we've got more goodies for you.

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast during the commercials. Watch our WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Melinda

For any Christian church to throw anyone out seems very hypocritical.

January 26, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  2. Rikki, Fargo, ND

It sounds like Erica has a bit of a cold!? How miserable!...I watched Blagojevich on Larry King and I have to admit he kind of made me laugh.

Good night Anderson, Erica, Ashley, and bloggers. Have a great evening and we'll blog with you tomorrow! 🙂

Thanks for showing the Obama interview...it was extraordinary!

January 26, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  3. Steve - southern Illinois

Blagojevich is a sick man. Somebody please get him to a doctor.

January 26, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Vanessa, TX

goodnite everyone hope to see you tomorrow anderson, erica 360 crew

January 26, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  5. Chris Sosa - Boston, MA

Hope everyone has an excellent night! See you guys tomorrow.

January 26, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Jacqui Chan

yeah Andy's right props to the editor – very funny

January 26, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  7. Glen Up North (Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada)

Jo Ann, I agree completely: live and let live (which includes letting _yourself_ live).

On that note, thanks for another great hour of discussion. Evening Anderson, Erica, David, CNN and bloggers! 🙂

January 26, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  8. Clarence Albuquerque

Movie references by Blago... shane say it isn't so.

January 26, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  9. Candace from Canada

Oh my the hour is up already!~

Thanks AC360~! Great Show!~

Good Night Everyone! 🙂

January 26, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  10. Maureen T

Great show Anderson! Good night and thank you for keeping me informed! xo

January 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  11. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Don't know what to say about Ted Haggart. I might have to be forced to watch Pelosi's HBO special on Thursday before I can make an opinion. I'm also wondering why Anderson thinks he will go back to preaching.....hmmm.

Good topics tonight! Thanks for making Blago the "shot". Great way to sum up his day! Nite all!

January 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  12. Jill

Donna is correct about our so called Governor. It is easy to get elected if you are from Chicago. Illinois is well known for its corruption and most comes from the Chicago area. Those of us who live down state are not idiots. We know but it is very difficult to do something about the corruption, etc. The only person Blago is fooling is himself!

January 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  13. Betty Ann, Nacogdoches,TX

What cute cliches~LOL!

January 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  14. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Monday's Shot? It's another moment in history..Blago proves he's out of touch with the last shreds of reality. The Fix is in?? The jig is up, is more like it.. Night all

January 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  15. Monica Chapman, Milford, CT

Here I was thinking things would be less exciting after that amazing election, but now, fantastic new President reaching out to the middle east, Blagojevich talking to reporters rather than showing up for his own impeachment proceedings...still remarkably exciting! I'm officially a CNN addict!

January 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  16. sharon

Thank you so much for airing Obama's interview. Like Reza, I was giddy. Imagine, a president working hard for peace in this world and a better future for all our children. It brings me to tears listening to him sometimes.

January 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  17. Jen

That was an interesting piece on Haggart. It's a reminder that these people go on living after they pass out of the news. It's sad what's he's come to and that he can't accept himself.

January 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  18. Ashley - Hamlin, NY

Thanks for another great show AC360.

What is up with Blago? How does he decide...."Do I go to my impeachment hearings or talk to Barbara Walters on a flatscreen?" Maybe his hair is the only part of him that is capable of making decisions....

January 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  19. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Erica, David Gergen, David in Indiana and best bloggers!!!!!
    Have great a night and sleep tight everyone!!!!
    See you tomorrow night!!!!
    Day of the shot with blago chaos!!!! ohhhhh that is so funny shot!!!!! LOL!!!!!
    not good idea!!!! LOL!!!

Anderson,
    I hope you will deserve long rest after work!!!! See you tomorrow night!!!

January 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  20. Karen

Anderson as to your "bet" about Ted H. becoming a minister again, most evangelical churches would accept and forgive him as a member, but would not put him in a position of leadership again. If he wanted to be in ministry he would probably have to be independent.

January 26, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  21. David Gergen

Hello everyone - wow, what an evening. When several of us arrived tonight, we thought we would be talking about job losses and stimulus plans. Thank goodness, AC and the team decided to air so much of the President's interview - it was an exceptional moment and deserved the air time. I continue to be awed by how much Barack Obama is taking on so early - for most Americans, this is creating a real sense that change is starting to happen right before our eyes. Huge mountains to climb, but he is sure strapping on our boots.

January 26, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  22. lesley Collins

so thrilled you elected to air obama's interview re: middle east relations. great news indeed!

January 26, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  23. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Why doesn't Haggard just admit that he is gay and get on with his life? I really hate the way people like Haggard always push their interpretations of The Bible on everyone else. The Bible was written by men to serve their own purpse at that particular time in history. Nothing more.

January 26, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  24. Chris Sosa - Boston, MA

I do, in a sense, feel sorry for Haggard. On the other hand, I think he certainly brought about his own demise. And the Evangelicals' turning on him would hardly come as any surprise to those who have spent any time around or within the system.

And, Andy, you really wouldn't want to join up if he started a new church? Why ever would you not? 😀

January 26, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  25. Lori from IL

Sorry Anderson - But I don't think there are any "highlights" in the Blago story. He's pretty much a "lowlights" story.

To the 360 cast and crew – thanks for a very interesting show tonight.

January 26, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  26. Ken in NC

Thanks Anderson and Erica for being a bright spot in my day as usual. Great show and glad you guys showed the interview. See you all tomorrow night.

January 26, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  27. Em

Thank you for airing the Obama interview! He did a great job. I believe, and agree, that the road to diplomacy and peace is to instill hope for all no matter the religion.

I think Obama is the person to build that bridge. Good move for the US and for the Arab world. I am a US citizen and independent voter.

January 26, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  28. Ashley - Hamlin, NY

Amazing interview with Pelosi Cooper. I never understood how a church can preach the Jesus message of compassion and then turn around a shun or judge an entire group of people. A lot of churches are too exclusive in their attitudes. I appreciate the way you asked the questions....you answered a lot of mine.

January 26, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  29. Vick

i think haggard is creepy. that smile of his scares me.
    sometimes vibes are powerful.
    you can feel that he is hiding things.

January 26, 2009 at 10:55 pm |