January 9th, 2009

Palin accuses media of 'personal, salacious' reporting

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s office accused the media Friday of habitually taking her remarks out of context “to create adversarial situations,” and of pursuing “erroneous and often outrageous leads on a variety of non-issues.”

The statement also charged that some members of the media, including independent bloggers and the Atlantic, were continuing “to give credence to the sensational allegation that the governor’s child, Trig, is not hers.”

“As a public official, I expect criticism and I expect to be held accountable for how I govern,” Palin said in a statement released by her office Friday. “But the personal, salacious nature of recent reporting, and often the refusal of the media to correct obvious mistakes, unfortunately discredits too many in journalism today, making it difficult for many Americans to believe what they see in the media.”

Read More...

Filed under: Raw Politics • Sarah Palin
  1. Melissa B ~ California

Dear, Sarah YOU are the adversary. What does the media have to do to make you go away? Most of us would be glad to give you directions.

January 12, 2009 at 3:32 am |
  2. Roseann Dubrock

LISTEN UP MAMA GRIZZLY!!!!!!! if you would have won you wouldn't be gripeing. open mouth insert foot and with her big mouth she's the reason no body likes a poor looser. what does she think all the other people do when they loose? I for one am sick of her poor me attitude.

January 11, 2009 at 3:05 pm |
  3. Sue, Billerica, MA

I only wish Governor Palin held herself to her own standards for the allegations she made against President elect Obama accusing him of palling around with terrorists and being worrisomely dangerous socialist and all the other dirt she flung at him and said nothing when she riled her audiences into lynching mobs yelling terrorist and kill him

that doesn"t seeem to bother her but anything said about her she seems not able to get over which tells you what a narccistic politician she is

she needs to stop whining and do some self reflecting and realize she is the one that played up the small town alaskan hick and the joe six pack hockey mom pitbull with lipstick and that we all saw her that way and then realized in her FEW interviews that she was vacant of knowledge and opinions and wisdom and was just all show and when the media just reported on what she was putting out as did comedians sometimes word for word parodies and now she is trying to rewrite the facts

lady get a clue
    get a real education
    get real
    and loose your delusions!

January 10, 2009 at 10:01 am |
  4. Lisa

All I can say is thank the Lord that John McCain wasn't elected. Palin has gotten everything she deserved from the media and from the "real America." The real America rejected her. I think the McCain campaign kept her under wraps for so long because they knew what an idiot she was. She really needs to put the "blame" where it belongs-right on her shoulders- she needs to stay up in Alaska and leave the real America alone.

January 10, 2009 at 1:50 am |
  5. Larry

I'm with Patty & Vivien on this blog.

January 9, 2009 at 11:28 pm |
  6. dbl.r

Sarah Palin is acting just like a typical drug user, complain, complain, complain........ I guess since her connection, ( her daughter`s baby-daddy`s dope dealin` mom ) got busted, she can`t score Oxy- Contin, or Meth on a regular basis .....
    Maybe she should call ole` Rush Limbaugh for some Oxy-Contin, or some Meth. he`s her buddy, and they use the same dope........
    Geez , our country really dodged a bullet, just imagine if John McBush, and Sarah Palin had won the election in Nov. 08`........
    Like Ms. Palin stated, " God will make the right choice for the pres./ vp "....... I always had and have faith in God.
    Now I wish God would just make Sarah shut her big mouth and just go away !!!!

January 9, 2009 at 11:08 pm |
  7. LaKeisha from Ohio

We have come a long way in society!! We elected the first African American and entertained the first openly uneducated self ambitious woman politician. Not polished but who cares, the republicans didn't. No self accountability "the dog ate my homework or the media did it" mentality. The Republicans thought that just because we elected Bush twice (sort-of) that we would believe the side show put on by McCain and Palin.

When the nation reacted to the "dumb blonde" listen to how cute I am, don't really hear what I say.........garbage in a negative way, she used the media as an escape goat like McCain used her. It's fair game but.........

The Game Is Over, the Jig is up!!

January 9, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  8. Frank

If the media would stop broadcasting what Palin utters, she would shut up.

January 9, 2009 at 10:40 pm |
  9. Vivien

Patty, I agree with you…Those people are just so plain and dumb to talk until one is blue in the face- and they not even know her! Haven’t you guys other hobbies than quarrelling over her and her family??
    You dumb yourselves down this way…FACE IT!!!

January 9, 2009 at 10:25 pm |
  10. Ace - Atlanta, Ga

Sarah, can we talk about energy instead?

January 9, 2009 at 9:34 pm |
  11. sarah

Palin is so full of excuses. seriously.... im so sick of her. The news media or the democrats did not go after her.

she brought this on her self

LEAVE US ALONE.

January 9, 2009 at 9:33 pm |
  12. Karen

Whine. Whine. Whine. When will we get over our obsessiveness with this woman?
    Perhaps she could partner up with Oprah and together they can blame all the world for the little inconveniences of life and make another billion on TV.

January 9, 2009 at 9:30 pm |
  13. Dave Eisley

Sarah Palin may be the dumbest person I have ever seen. She is a self-absorbed delusional moron. She had her moment in the spotlight...can we please STOP "dumbing down" this country and move on from these out of touch right wingers. They've done enough damage...let us please clean up the mess now.

January 9, 2009 at 9:25 pm |
  14. Patty

Oh you people just love to put your slime and hate on here. Srah hasn't complained before and she isn't now. She is standing up for herself just as any of you would. No matter what she does or says you hate filled subhumans cannot give it up. It's amazing how people can be this way against someone they don't even know, someone who has never done a thing to them. Grow up and get a life.

January 9, 2009 at 9:00 pm |
  15. pincher03

I don't understand why she is still commenting. She seems to think that it is McCain's fault that she came off as an idiot. The responsibilty remains strictly with her. The sooner she comes to terms with that the better.

January 9, 2009 at 8:18 pm |
  16. Leslie

I don't even know why she's still in the news. This person is a disgrace to the american people.

So where the clothes returned? If so, what charity received them – that's the only thing I need to hear out of her mouth.

January 9, 2009 at 7:52 pm |
  17. Ada -Mount Pocono Pa

She should hit the books and stop worrying about what they are saying about her. She likes to give insults and lies -but can't take it when it is directed at her. She paraded her daughter on stage, let her drop out of school and encouraged a marriage between two teenagers. The woman is crazy.

January 9, 2009 at 7:45 pm |
  18. Joyce Spies- Wilmington, Ohio

The media has been far from fair to her & her family, hands down, unfair!

January 9, 2009 at 7:23 pm |
  19. Beth in GA

Palin is the one who brought her family into things.

First she prominently displays her kids at the announcement of her pick as VP.

Then, when bloggers (not the mainstream media) questioned who birthed Trig, PALIN threw her daughter under the bus. Instead of issuing a declaraion "I am proud to have given birth to Trig" or having her OBGYN issue a statement, making it clear who the mom was, PALIN issued a press release about her daughter's pregnancy. It was only THEN that the mainstream media reported it. It has always struck me as an odd way to respond to the rumors and still does.

Bristol is the only one who has a right to complain! Poor girl.

The choices Palin made astonish me. If it were my daughter who found herself pregnant as a teen, I would have done everything I could to keep my kids out of the spotlight. I probably wouldn't have run, but if I did, I wouldn't run as a Hockey MOM, bragging about my kids.

You can't have it both ways.

January 9, 2009 at 7:07 pm |
  20. Annie Kate

If Palin doesn't want her comments taken out of context she should quit commenting. It would be a relief for us all.

January 9, 2009 at 6:41 pm |
  21. ken

The media's attack of Governor Palin is historical in it's disgust. What Governor Palin said was just the tip of the ice berg. The arrogance and hatred of main stream media is an embarassment to this nation. I hope that journalism will one day "grow up" and get beyond high school newspaper tabloid and gossip. The deliberate attempt at creating news and influencing American opinion reminds one of Communist Russia or Nazi Germany.

January 9, 2009 at 6:07 pm |
  22. PA

Joanne I agree. Her Holier Than Thou Christian Rhetoric as VP didn't quite match up with toting a baby, teen age daughter with child and an Dad turned Mom with Political Experience and an attitude onto Campaign Stages and Rallies. Are need to know on Palin was not quite that needy but I Betcha John wishes his need to know had been!

January 9, 2009 at 6:02 pm |
  23. Ilona, Tempe, AZ

I just hope Palin keeps opening her mouth.
    It will remind all of us that the Republican party truly beleived this woman would help McCain get elected ...also

January 9, 2009 at 5:53 pm |
  24. Sam Bass

The press has taken what Sarah has said out of context, except Fox News.

January 9, 2009 at 5:49 pm |
  25. jim Fallbrook CA

That is a given. She was visciously attacked by the democrat party and liberal news media. Whether you like Sarah Palin or not, the democrats and liberal news media went after like she was America's most wanted.

January 9, 2009 at 5:48 pm |
  26. Jim M

ENOUGH of the Pailin media coverage! Future coverage should be undertaken by the tabloid media. Isn't it obvious that this person thrives in the public limelight. It is a shame that she can't find her personal satisfaction between her family and her duties as governor.

January 9, 2009 at 5:27 pm |
  27. Mary V., Salt Lake City, UT

Its interesting what Palin says about the media, in case people have not noticed she has a "victim mentality".

However, IF Palin had been a Democratic candidate for VP, the far-right-family-values-crowd would have crucified her for abandoning her infant son and her family for her political ambitions!

I hope that the Republicans will indeed select her as their presidential candidate in 2012. What a breeze that campaign will be for Obama!!

January 9, 2009 at 5:01 pm |
  28. Kristen-University Park, PA

Palin and her staff really should just stick to Alaska and it's business. She lost the election no need for her to be in national news anymore Palin and her staff complain too much for my taste. And honestly there are more important and interesting things to discuss than how the media treats her and how she feels about it.

January 9, 2009 at 4:40 pm |
  29. Joanne, Solvay, NY

Only those who have an undercurrent of paranoia views "journalism today" as personal and salacious. Of course the entertainment magazines, may be a tad over the top ; however, legitimate news upholds the Fourth Estate...that may prove to be a bit taxing for a woman who parades her family business on stage at the expense of privacy for power and political gain.

January 9, 2009 at 4:28 pm |
  30. Fay - CA

If Palin really expects to run in 2012, her time might be better spent doing some book learnin' instead of whining about how the media has supposedly done her wrong every chance she gets.

January 9, 2009 at 4:23 pm |