January 9th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 1/9/09

Here's how you can be a part of tonight's program. Just scroll down and share your thoughts on the headlines.

Want to know what we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

If you want to take part in our Live Blog (and we hope you do) please follow our rules.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (we don't like screaming)
3) Use your real name

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast during the commercials. Watch our WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. David, Indiana

Great show. Too much to talk about. Have a great weekend everyone. Goodnight.

January 9, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Maria

Don't give in Anderson. Keep your integrity.
    Don't Dance.

January 9, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  3. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Friday's Shot..Wolf can waltz ..I guess there's happy feet in just about everyone. Night all

January 9, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Matthew

Anderson you are not a wimp

January 9, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  5. Emma

Great show tonight! Have a good weekend everyone.

January 9, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Maureen T

Anderson,
    I see that Wolf Blitzer can bust a move on Ellen's show. We know you can dance, I recall you dancing on the New Year's Eve special with Kathleen Griffin! You're next Andy!! 🙂 Good night, have a great weekend and please catch some zzzzzz!!

January 9, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  7. REBECCA VANDERGRIFF

SUZE, I listen to your advice every chance I get but haven't heard the specific situation addressed that is affecting my husband and me.

Fortunately we have been blessed with my husband and me having AF military retirements, with my husband also having a Lockheed Martin retirement and he now collects social security as well. And I am still working for the Department of AF and eligible for for a 2nd retirement as well.

However with all our financial blessings, my husband has lost close to 100K in his GE 401 (the GE was later a merger with Lockheed Martin). Our concern is that my husband will be 67 in a couple of months, at 70 1/2, he will be required to take distributions from his 401. He may not be able to recover his big loss from the 401 by the time he will be forced to take distributions. And we fear even more losses. What would be the best action to take in a case like this??? He is required to keep a certain % of GE stock in his 401, Any advice you can give is appreciated.

And thanks for all the great advice to give to all and happy new year!

January 9, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Mari T

Such a great Blitzer's dance!

January 9, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Good night Erica, great job again tonight! You are always a class act!

January 9, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  10. Eric, Miami FL

The upper 10% have been preyed on by one of there own. Welcome to the club. Why is there no CNN Stories on the wages of these traders and stock borokers that have lost Billions of Dollars, like there was with the auto bail out ?

January 9, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  11. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Hey Anderson!!!!!
    Wolf was dancing around the studio!!!!! LOL pooor you!!!!! Day of the shot with Wolf Blizter was dancing bit!!!!!! but Anderson don't dance either!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

Good night Anderson, Erica, David, Wolf and best bloggers!!!!!
    Have a great night and sleep tight!!!!!!
    Have a great weekend!!!!
    See you on Monday!!!!!!

January 9, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  12. Lisa L

Dear Anderson,

I don’t see you as getting old. You are just perfect for me.

Hopefully there will be a peace agreement signed and followed through to address the lives being endangered.

Thank you for keeping me up to date with the news.

Sincerely,

Lisa L
    Sydney, Australia

January 9, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  13. Pati Mc

You are an adorable whimp, Anderson. Have a good weekend.

OMG FloRida and Blitzer? Too funny!

January 9, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  14. Emma

I think it's your turn, Anderson. We all know you can dance.

January 9, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  15. Genevieve M, TX

Re: The Shot

Anderson, if Mr. Blitzer can "bust a move" so can you. 🙂

January 9, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  16. Linda

I just love Wolf's dancing on Ellen, so cool. He did great.

January 9, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  17. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Wow! I didn't know Wolf had it in him! Good for him!

January 9, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  18. Andrew Sagud

I'd like to see Wolf Blitzer bust a move to Lil Mama's G- Slide or Janet Jackson.

Have a terrific weekend everyone. 🙂

January 9, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  19. Ashley - Hamlin, NY

Well, great show everyone tonight.

Amazing shot. Priceless. I can't stop laughing....Shakira? (Buffalo NY...About an hour from me! Shout out!)

Thanks again for great reporting.

Have a great weekend.

January 9, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  20. Gisselle - Houston TX

OMG I love Wolf LOL! He was awesome and I just love Ellen's show so yea he rocked!

January 9, 2009 at 10:56 pm |